• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:41
CEST 14:41
KST 21:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8323 users

Jim: Even PartinG praises my manoeuvres

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 00:02:02
October 09 2014 21:42 GMT
#1
This translation is for archive purposes.

This interview took place at 19-Sept-2014, after he qualified for Ro 4 of GPL Seoson 1, see orginal @ + Show Spoiler +
http://s.163.com/14/0919/11/A6GI93B500314Q8T.html


[image loading]

Q: Easily defeated Ian to advance to the semi-final.
A: I feel all right, having won it with ease. Nothing surprising happened.

Q: You were well prepared today. You cheesed in all three games.
A: I went Vamp, because I thought I was better that Ian.

Q: Why did you go for the cannon rush?
A: I feel there is a 70% to defeat zergs if they go for Hatch first. So if I use forge-scout, I won't be trailing either. (the original was very ambiguous as well)

Q: Who's the favourite to win this?
A: I think winning depends on how you play, but I think I can win this.

Q: You'll meet the winner between TooDming and YuiHatano, who do you want to meet more?
A: Mirror games are what I have most confidence in. But I lost a lot mirror games recently, and the confidence was hurt. So I hope it is TooDming.

Q: If TooDming advances, all you will have is PvZ.
A: I think my PvZ all-in is already on the top. PartinG also praises my manoeuvres after having watched my reps. So I think they'll focus on my all-ins, which gives me more advantages.

Q: 5 players remaining, who's the biggest threat?
A: Myself. It'd be frustrating if I don't bring my A-game.

Q: You didn't play well at WCS Amerca Ro16.
A: I played it seriously, but my confidence was damaged when lost to Bomber after leading 1:0 and having great lead in the second game. I don't think I played my real capacity.

Q: There will be regional block next year. Korean players in America will be nerfed (in numbers).
A: I have no special thought about that. As a pro I'll just practise harder.

Q: Last word?
A: I thank my friends, I'll practise hard to not let you down. I also thank my team and sponsor SteelSeries and WYWK (a Internet café chain). I thank Edison and Wu Ren for taking care of me in the US. Thank you all.
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
lantz
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States762 Posts
October 09 2014 21:47 GMT
#2
Jim , the master cheeser
DinoMight
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States3725 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-09 21:55:23
October 09 2014 21:54 GMT
#3
I like Jim. I was going Phoenix Colo back in WoL before any pros started doing it in tournaments and Jim's build reassured me that I wasn't completely insane

I hope he does well.
"Wtf I come back and find myself in camp DinoMight all of a sudden, feels weird man." -Wombat_NI
Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
October 09 2014 21:57 GMT
#4
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?
The world is better when every background has a chance.
BuddhaMonk
Profile Joined August 2010
781 Posts
October 09 2014 22:08 GMT
#5
On October 10 2014 06:57 Circumstance wrote:
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?


The way I understood him was that he was saying if you don't cannon rush, there's a 70% chance you'll lose if the zerg does hatch first.
DinoMight
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States3725 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-09 22:15:31
October 09 2014 22:14 GMT
#6
On October 10 2014 07:08 BuddhaMonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 06:57 Circumstance wrote:
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?


The way I understood him was that he was saying if you don't cannon rush, there's a 70% chance you'll lose if the zerg does hatch first.


I think he's saying you have a 70% chance of beating a zerg who went hatch first if you cannon rush.
"Wtf I come back and find myself in camp DinoMight all of a sudden, feels weird man." -Wombat_NI
BuddhaMonk
Profile Joined August 2010
781 Posts
October 09 2014 22:22 GMT
#7
On October 10 2014 07:14 DinoMight wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 07:08 BuddhaMonk wrote:
On October 10 2014 06:57 Circumstance wrote:
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?


The way I understood him was that he was saying if you don't cannon rush, there's a 70% chance you'll lose if the zerg does hatch first.


I think he's saying you have a 70% chance of beating a zerg who went hatch first if you cannon rush.


If that's his meaning, then the "So if I use forge-scout, I won't be trailing either." makes absolutely no sense.
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-09 22:28:45
October 09 2014 22:25 GMT
#8
JimBigBoy

his PvZ is not bad

only foreigner (of any race) to ever beat Soulkey



Circumstance
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States11403 Posts
October 09 2014 22:34 GMT
#9
On October 10 2014 07:22 BuddhaMonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 07:14 DinoMight wrote:
On October 10 2014 07:08 BuddhaMonk wrote:
On October 10 2014 06:57 Circumstance wrote:
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?


The way I understood him was that he was saying if you don't cannon rush, there's a 70% chance you'll lose if the zerg does hatch first.


I think he's saying you have a 70% chance of beating a zerg who went hatch first if you cannon rush.


If that's his meaning, then the "So if I use forge-scout, I won't be trailing either." makes absolutely no sense.


Sure it would. It means "If they don't go for hatch-first, I still won't be behind with forge-scout". Because that probe isn't a scout if it's putting down Cannons. Or maybe I'm assuming too much from the translation?
The world is better when every background has a chance.
Penev
Profile Joined October 2012
28536 Posts
October 09 2014 23:20 GMT
#10
On October 10 2014 07:34 Circumstance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 07:22 BuddhaMonk wrote:
On October 10 2014 07:14 DinoMight wrote:
On October 10 2014 07:08 BuddhaMonk wrote:
On October 10 2014 06:57 Circumstance wrote:
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?


The way I understood him was that he was saying if you don't cannon rush, there's a 70% chance you'll lose if the zerg does hatch first.


I think he's saying you have a 70% chance of beating a zerg who went hatch first if you cannon rush.


If that's his meaning, then the "So if I use forge-scout, I won't be trailing either." makes absolutely no sense.


Sure it would. It means "If they don't go for hatch-first, I still won't be behind with forge-scout". Because that probe isn't a scout if it's putting down Cannons. Or maybe I'm assuming too much from the translation?

I interpreted it like that as well. "Always go for forge-scout against Zerg, If hatch first cannon rush will win 70%"
I Protoss winner, could it be?
negativedge
Profile Joined December 2011
4279 Posts
October 09 2014 23:26 GMT
#11
On October 10 2014 07:22 BuddhaMonk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 07:14 DinoMight wrote:
On October 10 2014 07:08 BuddhaMonk wrote:
On October 10 2014 06:57 Circumstance wrote:
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?


The way I understood him was that he was saying if you don't cannon rush, there's a 70% chance you'll lose if the zerg does hatch first.


I think he's saying you have a 70% chance of beating a zerg who went hatch first if you cannon rush.


If that's his meaning, then the "So if I use forge-scout, I won't be trailing either." makes absolutely no sense.


it could just mean that he feels he has a 70% to win outright, but that if he doesn't get the kill he still won't be behind
Shrinkzxo
Profile Blog Joined August 2014
Dotoland672 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-09 23:40:29
October 09 2014 23:28 GMT
#12
https://twitter.com/shrinkzxo
eurTsItniH
Profile Joined January 2012
887 Posts
October 09 2014 23:36 GMT
#13
I don't know why but this "Q: You were well prepared today. You cheesed in all three games." made me laugh. Thanks for sharing the interview!
imrusty269
Profile Joined January 2014
United States1404 Posts
October 09 2014 23:50 GMT
#14
manoeuvres
Bbyong | MMA | Polt | Dream | Maru | Mvp
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
October 10 2014 11:04 GMT
#15
On October 10 2014 07:34 Circumstance wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 07:22 BuddhaMonk wrote:
On October 10 2014 07:14 DinoMight wrote:
On October 10 2014 07:08 BuddhaMonk wrote:
On October 10 2014 06:57 Circumstance wrote:
I'd say Jim's low-balling Cannon Rush's win rate against Hatch First. I guess if you count attempts where the Cannons and Pylons aren't placed well, it drags the number down to 70%?


The way I understood him was that he was saying if you don't cannon rush, there's a 70% chance you'll lose if the zerg does hatch first.


I think he's saying you have a 70% chance of beating a zerg who went hatch first if you cannon rush.


If that's his meaning, then the "So if I use forge-scout, I won't be trailing either." makes absolutely no sense.


Sure it would. It means "If they don't go for hatch-first, I still won't be behind with forge-scout". Because that probe isn't a scout if it's putting down Cannons. Or maybe I'm assuming too much from the translation?

He meant that he has 70% chance to kill the zerg who goes hatch first (actually I think he might have meant double hatch before pool but I ain't too sure, will check later)
And that's why it's ok for him to do scouting with the probe that placed the forge, and this scout doesn't put him behind economically either
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
AWalker9
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
United Kingdom7229 Posts
October 10 2014 11:12 GMT
#16
On October 10 2014 07:25 mikumegurine wrote:
JimBigBoy

his PvZ is not bad

only foreigner (of any race) to ever beat Soulkey





Tbf Soulkey hasn't played that many games vs foreigners http://aligulac.com/m/Vsst8DdK4EGgRyn9/
soOjwa has returned to smite all that stand in his way
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-10-10 17:00:36
October 10 2014 16:48 GMT
#17
On October 10 2014 20:12 AWalker9 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2014 07:25 mikumegurine wrote:
JimBigBoy

his PvZ is not bad

only foreigner (of any race) to ever beat Soulkey





Tbf Soulkey hasn't played that many games vs foreigners http://aligulac.com/m/Vsst8DdK4EGgRyn9/


well top koreans simply dont play many games vs foreigners

but when they do its almost always its the korean who wins

even Naniwa (who was the best foreigner in the world) kept losing to Soulkey

fact of the matter is that only Jim beat him
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1061
WardiTV654
OGKoka 264
Rex142
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
OGKoka 264
Rex 142
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2208
Horang2 1534
Larva 1314
Shuttle 1151
EffOrt 649
BeSt 495
Soma 465
Mini 304
Hyuk 239
Stork 220
[ Show more ]
Light 201
ZerO 184
ggaemo 131
Rush 117
Zeus 116
Killer 78
Barracks 70
Hyun 70
Sea.KH 49
Shine 48
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 28
Shinee 27
Yoon 25
Mong 23
Aegong 23
sorry 21
PianO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sacsri 14
soO 13
Sexy 12
zelot 11
HiyA 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Dendi1539
qojqva1222
BananaSlamJamma250
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin553
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes339
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1659
B2W.Neo594
hiko543
Lowko421
Sick257
XaKoH 215
Pyrionflax160
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream546
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH290
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2278
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.