• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:41
CEST 03:41
KST 10:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Rp8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7311 users

[Hype]IEM Toronto: Let There Be Light!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 05:44:43
August 26 2014 05:36 GMT
#1
Let There Be Light!


I would love to write you all an epic hype article, for this amazing tournament that is coming up, but first I have a confession. I’ve only watched two Broodwar tournaments. So, I can’t tell you about the greats of that game, how it felt to see Boxer fall at the hands of iLoveOov, about the rise and spectacular fall of SaviOr, or about the epic rivalry between Flash and Jaedong.

What I am qualified to tell you about is Starcraft II. I’ve followed Starcraft II since early beta, and I don’t know if I’ve ever been as excited about a tournament as IEM Toronto. There are countless reasons for this: Korean legends, foreign hopes, and the ever passionate Toronto audience. The fight for the title of best Terran in the world may well be fought at this very tournament. For now though, I’d like to focus on the truly awe-inspiring feat that one player has achieved in order to qualify for IEM. One player in this tournament has a record of 50-11 in maps since July 1st, an 81.97% win rate. He is 26-3 in matches, 89.66% win rate. That is an incredible feat for any player, but for this player it seems to be destiny itself. I’m referring of course of the end of the Dark Age. Flash has returned, and though I may not be qualified to tell you of the glory he brought in years passed, I have beared witness to his dominance over the past two months, and it has been a sight to behold.

[image loading]


Like most people, I didn’t bat an eye at the beginning of this chapter in the Saga of Flash. On July 2nd, when he 6-0ed his bracket to qualify for GSL Code A, it was to be expected of a player of his calibre. Despite his impressive start in WCS, Flash has generally appeared to be Code A material for most of his SC2 career. Still, not dropping a map was a good sign. Then came the IEM Shenzen qualifiers a week later. As he was 2-1ed by the relatively weak player Action, it seemed things were the same as always.

While there was some excitement as Flash crushed his Code A group 4-1, it wasn’t until Proleague Playoffs that most of us TRULY saw that Flash was playing better than he had in over a year. Despite losing to Maru in the round of 4 against the Jin Air Green Wings, Flash took home key wins against Terminator and sOs, the former WCS and IEM champion. In the much anticipated finals between SKT and KT, Flash took down Parting through perfectly scouting and reacting to his blink tech, before closing the game with relentless bio pressure.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Photo from inven.co.kr


The proleague championship breathed new life into the fallen God. In the weeks following he would crush through the IEM Toronto Korean Qualifier, Kespa Cup Qualifier, and IEM Toronto Asian Qualifier with a record of 14-1, only dropping a series to his teammate KT Zest. Following this run, only one question remained: was this one week of post proleague afterglow? Flash seemed to answer that in his Code S Group.

Ancient Brood War lore speaks of the early days of Flash. Cheeser they called him. Either defeating supposedly “better” opponents such as Bisu through gimicky aggression or greedy 14cc builds; at first few suspected that this would be the future best player in the world. Flash channeled his 2007 form in game one against Dark, as he went for a quick 2-rax. It was immediately scouted by an overlord, a troubling prospect for most, but not so for Flash who proceeded to win the game without losing a single unit. As he smashed through his group without dropping a map he converted many a non-believer, dispelling any doubt from our feeble mortal minds: Flash has returned.

Entering IEM Toronto Flash is the hottest player in the world. He has defeated several of the world’s top player over his unprecedented winning streak over the last two months. Flash has succeeded under the immense pressure of code S, and in the proleague finals. IEM Toronto is his tournament to lose.

Everyone is gunning to take him down. Some such as Scarlett in his group are in desperate need of WCS Points. Others, such as MC (also in Flash’s group) are in it for the money. But, gazing upwards towards the group stages from the deadly mire that is the so-called “open” bracket, one player is likely hungriest of all to defeat the invigorated Flash. Eager to charge headlong towards his eternal nemesis and finally claim his glory, Jaedong, “the Tyrant”, cometh.

+ Show Spoiler [The Tyrant] +
[image loading]


+ Show Spoiler [Calgary Barcraft!] +

Enjoyed this little blurb? Hyped as hell for the return of Flash? Join us at Calgary Barcraft Sunday August 31st at Red Rock Bar and Grill in Crowfoot to see the thrilling conclusion to this epic tournament!

And if you are joining up, PLEASE let us know on facebook, the higher that “going” number is, the more our sponsors will get behind it!

Facebook Link!

[image loading]


Thanks TL Writers for the images from your ProLeague Finals Recap
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
Josh_Video
Profile Joined August 2013
Canada798 Posts
August 26 2014 05:45 GMT
#2
Very nice.
MKP :D ~ MMA ~ Scarlett ~ Taeja ~ Mvp ~ InnoVation ~ Polt | Prime ( RIP :( ) ~ Acer ~ SK Telecom T1 | I enjoyed the locust war of May 3, 2014.
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
August 26 2014 05:52 GMT
#3
Good write up.

Flash has been excellent lately, I'd really like to rewatch some of his games.
KT FlaSh FOREVER
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
August 26 2014 05:53 GMT
#4
Nice article. I still hope to come to the barcraft but it seems less and less likely. Stupid work and responsibility getting in the way of starcraft :/
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 26 2014 05:55 GMT
#5
On August 26 2014 14:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Nice article. I still hope to come to the barcraft but it seems less and less likely. Stupid work and responsibility getting in the way of starcraft :/


I got my fingers crossed for ya buddy. We need some #Passion up in here!

Also, if you're interested it sounds like we're running a little MTG afterwards. Likely M15 draft. Could join up for that at least maybe?
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
August 26 2014 05:59 GMT
#6
On August 26 2014 14:55 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 14:53 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Nice article. I still hope to come to the barcraft but it seems less and less likely. Stupid work and responsibility getting in the way of starcraft :/


I got my fingers crossed for ya buddy. We need some #Passion up in here!

Also, if you're interested it sounds like we're running a little MTG afterwards. Likely M15 draft. Could join up for that at least maybe?


Ehh.. the problem is I might be moving to Edmonton for work in the next week if I get this job. If I'm in Calgary I'll come 100% (even though I don't play MTG), but I probably won't be.
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
ETisME
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
12888 Posts
August 26 2014 06:02 GMT
#7
I am getting nerd chills, good article man
其疾如风,其徐如林,侵掠如火,不动如山,难知如阴,动如雷震。
SC2Towelie
Profile Joined July 2014
United States561 Posts
August 26 2014 06:11 GMT
#8
This is one of the most stacked tournaments I've ever seen :O
Don't forget to bring a towel! (Towelie.635)
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
August 26 2014 06:16 GMT
#9
Yep, this tournament has tons of potential.

I'd say IEM Cologne or Katowice are the leading candidates for tournament of the year.

This might beat both of those.

The fanboy in me wants Leenock to shock the world and god mode the shit out of everyone
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33702 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 06:22:06
August 26 2014 06:20 GMT
#10
On August 26 2014 15:16 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Yep, this tournament has tons of potential.

I'd say IEM Cologne or Katowice are the leading candidates for tournament of the year.

This might beat both of those.

The fanboy in me wants Leenock to shock the world and god mode the shit out of everyone


katowice is like sooo far and above the best tournament of the year

it produced such an absurd amount of epic games -- we might never see that kind of OVERALL tournament quality ever in sc2

A tournament with an amazing FINAL could top it tho, since people tend to weigh the later rounds disproportioantely highly
AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
N.geNuity
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States5112 Posts
August 26 2014 06:22 GMT
#11
$ echo $PATH

home/God/bin:

$ cd $HOME/build_orders

$ dir

14cc.exe

I have found the holy path
iu, seungah, yura, taeyeon, hyosung, lizzy, suji, sojin, jia, ji eun, eunji, soya, younha, jiyeon, fiestar, sinb, jung myung hoon godtier. BW FOREVERR
musai
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada552 Posts
August 26 2014 06:23 GMT
#12
Was about to order tickets, then saw the price. Going to have to pass, and watch online. I really wished it was like NASL so it wasn't part of an expo, not like I'd do anything else there...
SetGuitarsToKill
Profile Blog Joined December 2013
Canada28396 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 06:34:15
August 26 2014 06:34 GMT
#13
On August 26 2014 15:23 musai wrote:
Was about to order tickets, then saw the price. Going to have to pass, and watch online. I really wished it was like NASL so it wasn't part of an expo, not like I'd do anything else there...


Oh dang. I did not realize how much the tickets were to this thing. $115 is WAY to much to play if you're only going for the tournament. I could see this massively hurting attendence for IEM. Looks like no super hype crowd like last time...
Community News"As long as you have a warp prism you can't be bad at harassment" - Maru | @SetGuitars2Kill
Edpayasugo
Profile Joined April 2013
United Kingdom2223 Posts
August 26 2014 12:10 GMT
#14
So excited for this!
FlaSh MMA INnoVation FanTaSy MKP TY Ryung | soO Dark Rogue | HuK PartinG Stork State
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 12:12:52
August 26 2014 12:12 GMT
#15
On August 26 2014 15:20 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 15:16 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Yep, this tournament has tons of potential.

I'd say IEM Cologne or Katowice are the leading candidates for tournament of the year.

This might beat both of those.

The fanboy in me wants Leenock to shock the world and god mode the shit out of everyone


katowice is like sooo far and above the best tournament of the year

it produced such an absurd amount of epic games -- we might never see that kind of OVERALL tournament quality ever in sc2

A tournament with an amazing FINAL could top it tho, since people tend to weigh the later rounds disproportioantely highly


I think you're talking about Cologne. Cologne had far better games than Katowice. Cologne was the best sc2 event there's ever been in terms of overall game quality.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 26 2014 12:36 GMT
#16
On August 26 2014 15:34 SetGuitarsToKill wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 15:23 musai wrote:
Was about to order tickets, then saw the price. Going to have to pass, and watch online. I really wished it was like NASL so it wasn't part of an expo, not like I'd do anything else there...


Oh dang. I did not realize how much the tickets were to this thing. $115 is WAY to much to play if you're only going for the tournament. I could see this massively hurting attendence for IEM. Looks like no super hype crowd like last time...


Wow that price is kinda brutal. Still, those who go will give it their best cheering I think. Probably should be okay.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
August 26 2014 12:37 GMT
#17
Flash IEM Hype!! :D
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
August 26 2014 12:59 GMT
#18
On August 26 2014 21:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 15:20 Waxangel wrote:
On August 26 2014 15:16 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Yep, this tournament has tons of potential.

I'd say IEM Cologne or Katowice are the leading candidates for tournament of the year.

This might beat both of those.

The fanboy in me wants Leenock to shock the world and god mode the shit out of everyone


katowice is like sooo far and above the best tournament of the year

it produced such an absurd amount of epic games -- we might never see that kind of OVERALL tournament quality ever in sc2

A tournament with an amazing FINAL could top it tho, since people tend to weigh the later rounds disproportioantely highly


I think you're talking about Cologne. Cologne had far better games than Katowice. Cologne was the best sc2 event there's ever been in terms of overall game quality.

ty based god Polt
TL+ Member
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 13:05:07
August 26 2014 13:01 GMT
#19
On August 26 2014 21:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 15:20 Waxangel wrote:
On August 26 2014 15:16 FrostedMiniWheats wrote:
Yep, this tournament has tons of potential.

I'd say IEM Cologne or Katowice are the leading candidates for tournament of the year.

This might beat both of those.

The fanboy in me wants Leenock to shock the world and god mode the shit out of everyone


katowice is like sooo far and above the best tournament of the year

it produced such an absurd amount of epic games -- we might never see that kind of OVERALL tournament quality ever in sc2

A tournament with an amazing FINAL could top it tho, since people tend to weigh the later rounds disproportioantely highly


I think you're talking about Cologne. Cologne had far better games than Katowice. Cologne was the best sc2 event there's ever been in terms of overall game quality.

hard to share that view. katowice had many moments that are worth remembering, whereas everything that comes to mind when i think of cologne is polt's incredible resistance in a time when toss was considered OP. Katowice had the mine hits of jjakji, the Carriers of sOs, the incredibly close game between herO and Hyun, where herO's blink micro went up against hydras in a base trade. the tournament was incredible apart from the finals. a crazy tournament

i hope Toronto can match the expectations, what a line up!

thx for the article flash hype!!

e:and of course katowice included the departure of Nani. this has nothing to do with the game quality but still it made the tournament more exciting for sure.
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
August 26 2014 13:12 GMT
#20
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 26 2014 14:43 GMT
#21
On August 26 2014 22:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.


I have to agree, Cologne was crazy. I think this tournament has some SERIoUS potential tho. (Kinda bummed that Maru isn't playing tho).

Also, people in the reddit thread were asking me if I thought Flash would make it out of his group. Like, sure plenty of times people will hype a player to appear better than they are (like if I write one of these for Jaedong for example...) but am I crazy in thinking Flash has a real chance at taking this whole thing? It's less about the IEM qualifiers and GSL group, that Kespa cup qualifier bracket was insane tho. Personally if be shocked if he doesn't at least make it out of his group (probably in first place, depending on who comes through the open bracket).
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
orvinreyes
Profile Joined June 2007
577 Posts
August 26 2014 14:55 GMT
#22
need more VODs in OP!
http://youtu.be/LfmrHTdXgK4
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
August 26 2014 14:56 GMT
#23
He's gonna crash and burn and I'm gonna laugh
Community News
TL+ Member
movac
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada494 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-08-26 15:19:11
August 26 2014 15:04 GMT
#24
looks like KeSPA decided that's it's more worth while to send herO instead of Maru since Maru has a very marginal chance to go to blizzcon while herO can still make it. plus Maru has a very difficult group to play in the GSL and might not be a good idea for him to travel when his group has to be played within the week.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
August 26 2014 15:55 GMT
#25
On August 26 2014 22:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.


I agree, Cologne was amazing!
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
FrostedMiniWheats
Profile Joined August 2010
United States30730 Posts
August 26 2014 16:15 GMT
#26
Cologne had slightly better games than Katowice overall, but iirc there was no crowd and the production for Katowice was slightly better. Though, Cologne had a good final and Katowice didn't....hmm. Also bonus points to Katowice for Nani drama :p

Difficult call..
NesTea | Mvp | MC | Leenock | Losira | Gumiho | DRG | Taeja | Jinro | Stephano | Thorzain | Sen | Idra |Polt | Bomber | Symbol | Squirtle | Fantasy | Jaedong | Maru | sOs | Seed | ByuN | ByuL | Neeb| Scarlett | Rogue | IM forever
CrayonPopChoa
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada761 Posts
August 26 2014 16:34 GMT
#27
On August 26 2014 23:43 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 22:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.


I have to agree, Cologne was crazy. I think this tournament has some SERIoUS potential tho. (Kinda bummed that Maru isn't playing tho).

Also, people in the reddit thread were asking me if I thought Flash would make it out of his group. Like, sure plenty of times people will hype a player to appear better than they are (like if I write one of these for Jaedong for example...) but am I crazy in thinking Flash has a real chance at taking this whole thing? It's less about the IEM qualifiers and GSL group, that Kespa cup qualifier bracket was insane tho. Personally if be shocked if he doesn't at least make it out of his group (probably in first place, depending on who comes through the open bracket).


One thing im worried about for Flash is the whole travel thing and how mentally and physically fatigued he may be due to it, not sure when he is set to arrive hopefully a couple of days early to settle in. I know this affects every player but Flash is someone who dosent travel frequently this is his 2nd trip to NA for a sc2 tournament? So im worried that we wont see the best of Flash.
BW4LIFE
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
August 26 2014 16:41 GMT
#28
I swear to god.... If the only Toronto event I can't make it to is the one with a JvF finals I'm going to go on a murderous rampage..... After of course being super hyped and watching the finals from my computer screen crying the whole time about how I should be there live T.T
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
NexUmbra
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
Scotland3776 Posts
August 26 2014 17:34 GMT
#29
On August 27 2014 01:34 CrayonPopChoa wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 23:43 TheDougler wrote:
On August 26 2014 22:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.


I have to agree, Cologne was crazy. I think this tournament has some SERIoUS potential tho. (Kinda bummed that Maru isn't playing tho).

Also, people in the reddit thread were asking me if I thought Flash would make it out of his group. Like, sure plenty of times people will hype a player to appear better than they are (like if I write one of these for Jaedong for example...) but am I crazy in thinking Flash has a real chance at taking this whole thing? It's less about the IEM qualifiers and GSL group, that Kespa cup qualifier bracket was insane tho. Personally if be shocked if he doesn't at least make it out of his group (probably in first place, depending on who comes through the open bracket).


One thing im worried about for Flash is the whole travel thing and how mentally and physically fatigued he may be due to it, not sure when he is set to arrive hopefully a couple of days early to settle in. I know this affects every player but Flash is someone who dosent travel frequently this is his 2nd trip to NA for a sc2 tournament? So im worried that we wont see the best of Flash.

Flash has been two others times, he went for the Kespa exhibition and he also went to the US in BW for WCG
Life has won two GSLs and a Blizzard Cup. NOT three GSLs.
braincandy
Profile Joined February 2013
Philippines179 Posts
August 26 2014 19:54 GMT
#30
Jaedong, Scarlett and Flash. Final between any of these players will be the dream for me. please please god of starcraft.
RainmanMP
Profile Joined October 2007
United States1699 Posts
August 26 2014 20:06 GMT
#31
If we get a Flash vs Jaedong series that is anywhere near decent, this tournament will be one of the best of the year to me.
이영호 FIGHTING! Die Hard KT Rolster and Flash fan.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 26 2014 20:49 GMT
#32
On August 27 2014 04:54 braincandy wrote:
Jaedong, Scarlett and Flash. Final between any of these players will be the dream for me. please please god of starcraft.


Oh hell yeah. Can you even imagine if we got Jaedong vs Flash? Pretty unlikely, but man would that be one for the ages. I'd definitely take any of the above vs MC or Taeja in the finals would also be great. (Though actually I'm not a huge fan of TvT lately. First time in the history of SC2 I haven't enjoyed TvT to be honest).
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
messioso
Profile Joined June 2011
Denmark635 Posts
August 26 2014 21:19 GMT
#33
On August 27 2014 02:34 NexUmbra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2014 01:34 CrayonPopChoa wrote:
On August 26 2014 23:43 TheDougler wrote:
On August 26 2014 22:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.


I have to agree, Cologne was crazy. I think this tournament has some SERIoUS potential tho. (Kinda bummed that Maru isn't playing tho).

Also, people in the reddit thread were asking me if I thought Flash would make it out of his group. Like, sure plenty of times people will hype a player to appear better than they are (like if I write one of these for Jaedong for example...) but am I crazy in thinking Flash has a real chance at taking this whole thing? It's less about the IEM qualifiers and GSL group, that Kespa cup qualifier bracket was insane tho. Personally if be shocked if he doesn't at least make it out of his group (probably in first place, depending on who comes through the open bracket).


One thing im worried about for Flash is the whole travel thing and how mentally and physically fatigued he may be due to it, not sure when he is set to arrive hopefully a couple of days early to settle in. I know this affects every player but Flash is someone who dosent travel frequently this is his 2nd trip to NA for a sc2 tournament? So im worried that we wont see the best of Flash.

Flash has been two others times, he went for the Kespa exhibition and he also went to the US in BW for WCG


He also came to (Wiki)IEM Season VIII - New York
Former ESL League Operations. I ran IEM/WCS for like 3 years or something. I did map vetos on a tablet. That guy.
Solar424
Profile Blog Joined June 2013
United States4001 Posts
August 26 2014 21:23 GMT
#34
On August 27 2014 06:19 messioso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2014 02:34 NexUmbra wrote:
On August 27 2014 01:34 CrayonPopChoa wrote:
On August 26 2014 23:43 TheDougler wrote:
On August 26 2014 22:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.


I have to agree, Cologne was crazy. I think this tournament has some SERIoUS potential tho. (Kinda bummed that Maru isn't playing tho).

Also, people in the reddit thread were asking me if I thought Flash would make it out of his group. Like, sure plenty of times people will hype a player to appear better than they are (like if I write one of these for Jaedong for example...) but am I crazy in thinking Flash has a real chance at taking this whole thing? It's less about the IEM qualifiers and GSL group, that Kespa cup qualifier bracket was insane tho. Personally if be shocked if he doesn't at least make it out of his group (probably in first place, depending on who comes through the open bracket).


One thing im worried about for Flash is the whole travel thing and how mentally and physically fatigued he may be due to it, not sure when he is set to arrive hopefully a couple of days early to settle in. I know this affects every player but Flash is someone who dosent travel frequently this is his 2nd trip to NA for a sc2 tournament? So im worried that we wont see the best of Flash.

Flash has been two others times, he went for the Kespa exhibition and he also went to the US in BW for WCG


He also came to (Wiki)IEM Season VIII - New York

And twice for MLG.
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 26 2014 22:43 GMT
#35
On August 27 2014 06:19 messioso wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2014 02:34 NexUmbra wrote:
On August 27 2014 01:34 CrayonPopChoa wrote:
On August 26 2014 23:43 TheDougler wrote:
On August 26 2014 22:12 DarkLordOlli wrote:
You should honestly go back and remember some Cologne stuff. Jaedong vs Patience, Polt vs Rain/Classic, game 3 of HerO vs Innovation, etc.etc.
Not to mention HerO vs Polt was one of the craziest finals we've had all year. It even started with a freaking draw. Katowice had some flashy stuff but nothing trumps Cologne in terms of overall quality.


I have to agree, Cologne was crazy. I think this tournament has some SERIoUS potential tho. (Kinda bummed that Maru isn't playing tho).

Also, people in the reddit thread were asking me if I thought Flash would make it out of his group. Like, sure plenty of times people will hype a player to appear better than they are (like if I write one of these for Jaedong for example...) but am I crazy in thinking Flash has a real chance at taking this whole thing? It's less about the IEM qualifiers and GSL group, that Kespa cup qualifier bracket was insane tho. Personally if be shocked if he doesn't at least make it out of his group (probably in first place, depending on who comes through the open bracket).


One thing im worried about for Flash is the whole travel thing and how mentally and physically fatigued he may be due to it, not sure when he is set to arrive hopefully a couple of days early to settle in. I know this affects every player but Flash is someone who dosent travel frequently this is his 2nd trip to NA for a sc2 tournament? So im worried that we wont see the best of Flash.

Flash has been two others times, he went for the Kespa exhibition and he also went to the US in BW for WCG


He also came to (Wiki)IEM Season VIII - New York


Amazing that it's been almost a year since he's last been in an international tournament.
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
DarkPlasmaBall
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States46474 Posts
August 26 2014 22:54 GMT
#36
Nice article

Imagine a FvJ finals.

+ Show Spoiler +
And then the electricity goes out...
"There is nothing more satisfying than looking at a crowd of people and helping them get what I love." ~Day[9] Daily #100
BretZ
Profile Joined May 2011
United States1510 Posts
August 26 2014 23:26 GMT
#37
On August 27 2014 07:54 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Nice article

Imagine a FvJ finals.

+ Show Spoiler +
And then the electricity goes out...



That's what happens when Tyrants fight Gods. They need all the power in the surronding area to fight.

I want to believe that Flash will rip through this tournament. I just don't want to be disappointed.

(Is this considered blasphemy to doubt my lord and savior Flash?)
Starecat
Profile Joined August 2014
941 Posts
August 26 2014 23:40 GMT
#38
On August 27 2014 07:54 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Nice article

Imagine a FvJ finals.

+ Show Spoiler +
And then the electricity goes out...

That already happen once, man i wish i could be there to see the crowd reaction .
:3
Fecalfeast
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada11355 Posts
August 26 2014 23:53 GMT
#39
On August 27 2014 08:26 BretZ wrote:

(Is this considered blasphemy to doubt my lord and savior Flash?)


Yes. One thousand lashes!
ModeratorINFLATE YOUR POST COUNT; PLAY TL MAFIA
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 27 2014 03:44 GMT
#40
On August 27 2014 08:26 BretZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2014 07:54 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Nice article

Imagine a FvJ finals.

+ Show Spoiler +
And then the electricity goes out...



That's what happens when Tyrants fight Gods. They need all the power in the surronding area to fight.

I want to believe that Flash will rip through this tournament. I just don't want to be disappointed.

(Is this considered blasphemy to doubt my lord and savior Flash?)


'Tis not for us mere mortals to say. When the day of Judgement comes, Flash shall judge you as unworthy and remove your essence from the earth.

Heh, no but seriously though. Now's his time. (In SC2).
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
TheDougler
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada8323 Posts
August 31 2014 01:43 GMT
#41
On August 27 2014 12:44 TheDougler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 27 2014 08:26 BretZ wrote:
On August 27 2014 07:54 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
Nice article

Imagine a FvJ finals.

+ Show Spoiler +
And then the electricity goes out...



That's what happens when Tyrants fight Gods. They need all the power in the surronding area to fight.

I want to believe that Flash will rip through this tournament. I just don't want to be disappointed.

(Is this considered blasphemy to doubt my lord and savior Flash?)


'Tis not for us mere mortals to say. When the day of Judgement comes, Flash shall judge you as unworthy and remove your essence from the earth.

Heh, no but seriously though. Now's his time. (In SC2).


Don't tell me I didn't warn you
I root for Euro Zergs, NA Protoss* and Korean Terrans. (Any North American who has beat a Korean Pro as Protoss counts as NA Toss)
MauliSchaumi
Profile Joined February 2011
Germany21 Posts
September 01 2014 08:07 GMT
#42
he has done it! *_*
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 8h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 160
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2572
Dota 2
monkeys_forever678
NeuroSwarm189
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe214
Other Games
summit1g8117
Day[9].tv676
JimRising 569
C9.Mang0377
PiGStarcraft118
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick848
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream312
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 123
• davetesta16
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv676
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
8h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
8h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
22h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 9h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.