• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:43
CEST 13:43
KST 20:43
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8290 users

WCS AM Challenger Season 2 matches announced - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
76 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
RPR_Tempest
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Australia7799 Posts
April 25 2014 18:10 GMT
#21
OH MY GOD WHY

Two seasons in a row it's been NesTea vs a SEA player. Bullshit, man. I fucking love NesTea but I love the hometown heroes more.
Soundwave, Zerg player from Canberra, Australia. @SoundwaveSC
AKAvg
Profile Joined April 2014
Brazil298 Posts
April 25 2014 18:10 GMT
#22
That's rough.
A single BO5 after getting through qualifier. If you get a bad matchup, tough luck =/
Although this time a few matches look quite promising.

GSL system is so much better. Less seeded spots and groups in Code A...
Negius
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Netherlands290 Posts
April 25 2014 18:15 GMT
#23
Jaedong will be defeated

+ Show Spoiler +
but not in Challenger League
[Terran] mvp | maru | innovation | mma [Protoss] mc | squirtle [Zerg] nestea | soo
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
April 25 2014 18:20 GMT
#24
Ah Select and Illusion got tough matches. Also aLive vs Suppy D: I don't really want any of these guys to lose.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
ejozl
Profile Joined October 2010
Denmark3552 Posts
April 25 2014 18:27 GMT
#25
Must be a big map for Nony, can only imagine how much he looks up to JaeDong.
SC2 Archon needs "Terrible, terrible damage" as one of it's quotes.
royalroadweed
Profile Joined April 2013
United States8301 Posts
April 25 2014 18:35 GMT
#26
lol MaSa's real name is Maru.
"Nerfing Toss can just make them stronger"
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-25 18:44:28
April 25 2014 18:44 GMT
#27
Jaedong vs Nony and Has vs Pigbaby damn it

Actually I hate all these matchups -.-
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Sanders
Profile Joined June 2010
97 Posts
April 25 2014 18:52 GMT
#28
Yeah, sad about Nony's draw.
orllyfools
Profile Joined May 2012
United States153 Posts
April 25 2014 18:55 GMT
#29
im excited to see qxc vs minigun. especially after that enders tourney. but its a shame that im less interested in starcraft these days. this wcs format is really not doing it for me. id rather see more new faces then less talented koreans in the NA scene.
Squitle-MC-Parting-Major-Polt
Froadac
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States6733 Posts
April 25 2014 18:58 GMT
#30
Alive vs suppy round 10000000
Holdenintherye
Profile Joined December 2012
Canada1441 Posts
April 25 2014 19:11 GMT
#31
T.T Jesus Christ JD VS nony.
I would kill to see an upset
HotGlueGun
Profile Joined January 2012
United States1409 Posts
April 25 2014 19:22 GMT
#32
Lot of fan favorites in tough matches. I think Hendralisk has a good chance of beating Scarlett.
Don't hoot with the Owls at night if you cant soar with the Eagles at dawn.
vult
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States9400 Posts
April 25 2014 19:37 GMT
#33
Lots of good matches as well as some hard to call ones too.

Overall good Challenger League.
I used to play random, but for you I play very specifically.
freeamount
Profile Joined April 2010
China202 Posts
April 25 2014 19:46 GMT
#34
Jim's name is Jinhui Cao, not Jin Cao.
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
April 25 2014 19:53 GMT
#35
On April 26 2014 03:58 Froadac wrote:
Alive vs suppy round 10000000

Suppy gon get rekt
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
April 25 2014 19:54 GMT
#36
This format is so bad compared to WCS Korea ~_~.
Noobity
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States871 Posts
April 25 2014 19:59 GMT
#37
My predictions in bold

Challenger Matches Day 1, April 29th
18:00 EDT: Marc-Olivier "desRow" Proulx vs. Kim "viOLet" Hwan Safe pick. Sorry desbro. I think it'll go the full length though
19:00 EDT: Chris "Illusion" Lee vs. Jin "JYP" Park I think Illusion shows flashes of genius but I think JYP is just stronger consistently, though I don't think I'd say consistency is one of JYP's strong suits
20:00 EDT: Kyeonghyun "SeleCT" RyoO vs. Jin "Jim" Cao This one's a guess, but I love Select, he's an awesome dude. So I'm going with him because why not.
21:00 EDT: Zanqi "Courage" Qian vs. Yeonsik "TheStC" Choi Solid player, giving it to him. To be fair I haven't seen courage play, so I might be basing this on name recognition entirely.

Challenger Matches Day 2, April 30th
18:00 EDT: Lee "aLive" Han vs. Conan "Suppy" Liu I honestly think Suppy can do this. I think he's pretty underrated as a player, considered mostly a community figurehead which is a shame. Probably my underdog vote.
19:00 EDT: Lu "Ian" Hong vs. Mingyu "check" Kim Name recognition guess, damned filthy casual Noobity not following SC as much as he used to.
20:00 EDT: Maru "MaSa" Kim vs. Liu "Slam" Cheng Again with name recognition. I feel like Masa seems to choke sometimes when it's do or die (at least the last I saw of him) but I think he's got amazing talent and I don't know who slam is :-/
21:00 EDT: Juan "MajOr" Lopez vs. yOo "KingKong" Hee Major is WAY too stubborn to go away.

Challenger Matches Day 3, May 6th
18:00 EDT: SonG "HerO" Deok vs. Libo "Xenocider" Chang Xeno can win this. I don't think it would be easy, I don't think he'd be the same man after the match, but it's possible. That said I'm giving it to hero because light blue>dark blue. Plus oddswut.
19:00 EDT: Chad "Minigun" Jones vs. Kevin "qxc" Riley This is the most heartbreaking matchup. I'm giving it to QXC because with Chad's recent health problems recurring even if he gets to play I don't think he'll have his head in the game. If it was a month after he was done with the round robin of surgeries he's going through I'd probably give it to Minigun, but it would be really close here. Get well soon, Chad <3
20:00 EDT: Sasha "Scarlett" Hoystn vs. Run "Hendralisk" Zheng Scarlett takes this one in a zvz series that ends in 20 total minutes, 18 of these minutes miraculously have tons of action with heart attacks in most of the supporters of each player. Goddamned NA ZvZ
21:00 EDT: Kel "Has" Feng vs. Hee "Pigbaby" Yang Name recognition, plus "pigbaby" is a hilarious (and delicious...?) name.

Challenger Matches Day 4, May 7th
18:00 EDT: Jaedong "Jaedong" Lee vs. Tyler "NonY" Wasieleski JD is the safe choice, I think even Tyler knows it. That said I look forward to being wrong here, bro. I know you can do this, you know you can do this. It will be one of the tougher matches yet but you got this.
19:00 EDT: Tao "Top" Hu vs. Sam "Kane" Morrissette I think this will be a good one, and a match that we can point to to say that NA can still contend. I think Kane is my favorite to be the successor to Scarlett's throne, and I'm betting on him to make that point this season.
20:00 EDT: Yang "Sen" Cheng vs. Alex "Guitarcheese" Tarkoff Sen is everywhere, always, never leaves. Where Major may be too stubborn to be knocked out, SC2 is too stubborn to let Sen be knocked out.
21:00 EDT: Lim "NesTea" Duck vs. EthaN "iguaz" Zugai​ I think Nestea is on his last gaming legs, finally. I think he plays in the NA WCS until he's knocked out and then retires to coach. I hope Iaguz helps him hit that point, as Nestea kinda seems like the aging grandfather who just wont stop fighting. We want him to rest peacefully, but this badass just ain't ready yet. I think he still has enough in him to beat Iaguz, but I think this one will go the distance as well.
My name is Mike, and statistically, yours is not.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-04-25 20:05:26
April 25 2014 20:05 GMT
#38
Some interesting matchups. Too bad about Scarlett vs hendralisk since they're pretty good friends I think
+ Show Spoiler [guesses] +
viOLet > desRow
JYP > Illusion
Jim > SeleCT
Courage > TheStC
aLive > Suppy
check > Ian
MaSa > Slam
MajOr > KingKong
HerO > Xenocider
Minigun > qxc
Scarlett > hendralisk
Pigbaby > Has
NonY > Jaedong
Kane > Top
Guitarcheese > Sen
iaguz > Nesteasy
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
April 25 2014 20:05 GMT
#39
Desrow < Violet
Illusion < JYP
Select < Jim
Courage > TheStC

aLive > Suppy
Ian < Check
Masa > Slam
MajOr > KingKong

HerO > Xenocider
Minigun < qxc
Scarlettt > Hendralisk
Has > Pigbaby

Jaedong > Nony
Top < Kane
Sen > Guitarcheese
Nestea < iaguz

This is gonna happen.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
April 25 2014 20:09 GMT
#40
Has vs Pigbaby has the potential to be one of the most entertaining series ever. It also has the potential to be incredibly disappointing.

Also, bummer that Hendralisk and Scarlett have to play since in guarantees one talented Canadian gets knocked out...
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 864
WardiTV389
OGKoka 127
Rex104
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko329
mouzHeroMarine 310
OGKoka 127
ProTech122
Rex 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 3441
Horang2 1297
Larva 1158
EffOrt 1145
BeSt 619
Hyuk 379
Rush 263
Soma 256
Mini 217
ZerO 217
[ Show more ]
Stork 200
Light 173
Zeus 131
Barracks 121
Hyun 114
Killer 102
ggaemo 99
Shinee 43
ToSsGirL 39
Bale 29
Yoon 26
Mong 24
PianO 21
Aegong 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sacsri 14
sorry 13
HiyA 10
zelot 10
Sexy 9
Noble 8
Dota 2
Dendi1115
BananaSlamJamma107
League of Legends
KnowMe45
Counter-Strike
byalli604
x6flipin326
Other Games
singsing2063
olofmeister1388
XaKoH 307
crisheroes258
Sick214
Pyrionflax145
ArmadaUGS54
Mew2King46
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream512
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 10
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH301
• StrangeGG 22
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1753
Other Games
• WagamamaTV211
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
4h 17m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
22h 17m
Afreeca Starleague
22h 17m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 12h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.