• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:10
CEST 07:10
KST 14:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7753 users

Interview with MacSed

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
BreAKerTV
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan1658 Posts
March 13 2014 09:36 GMT
#1
You guys know me. I couldn't resist.

untranslated interview:
+ Show Spoiler +


Me: 一次又一次你在战场证明了你的实力,升级了。你过去在WCS H组有没有什么疑问?
MacSed :没什么疑问,我想能赢SEN基本稳出线。
Me: 你在今年1月底输给台湾虫王,Sen 2-1,你这下子打败它的时候,有什么后感?有什么话跟杨家政说吗?
MacSed :运气是我实力的全部.
Me: 我不得不问一个跟瓜哥一样敏感的问题:你的家人对你的职业怎么感觉?当初怎么样?WC3的那个时代。
MacSed :我家人很支持我.所以才能达到今天这个成绩,谢谢你们.
Me: 当你发现了NASL关门了的时候,你有什么感想?你毕竟去过他们那边的现场。
MacSed :觉得很可惜,..但是我只想打好自己的比赛,其实在哪里比赛都无所谓.
Me: 给我们解释一下你的职业电竞最开心的一天,我们很想听。
MacSed :胜利的时刻.双拳紧握,对就是这个时刻
Me: 你觉得星际II有什么不平衡的地方?
MacSed :个人觉得还好把..我一般不考虑平衡的问题,因为这个我无法改变.只要有一个同族的选手在世界前端,我都觉得自己失利完全是自己问题.
Me:你的星际II最厉害的成就是什么?
MacSed :NGF冠军把,影响最深刻.
Me: 除了WCS之外,你最盼望哪一个星际II比赛?你最想参加哪一个中国国外的比赛?
MacSed :DH还有IEM这些大型比赛...因为高手很多
Me: 你有一个特别不喜欢的对手吗?像过去的IdrA和MC一样吗?
MacSed :没有.
Me: 你最喜欢的飞韩选手是谁?为什么呢?
MacSed :目前没有。
Me: 你最不喜欢那一张地图是?
MacSed :Daedalus Point
Me:你最喜欢的演员是谁?歌手呢?为什么?
MacSed :没有。。
Me: 你最喜欢的菜是什么?
MacSed:能吃就好,没有最喜欢。
Me: 有什么结束语要跟你的西方的粉丝说吗?
MacSed :谢谢你们的支持,我会好好加油打出更精彩的比赛。

me:Time and again you have proven your strength on the battlefield and advanced. Did you have any doubts about WCS Group H?
MacSed:I didn't have any doubts. My thinking was that if I beat sen I was basically guaranteed to advance.
me: Earlier this year in January you lost to sen 2-1 [at the Redbull ECL in Beijing], this time you beat him what were your afterthoughts? Do you have anything to say to Yang Jia Zheng?
MacSed: Luck is my greatest strength.

me:I can't help but ask a question that is so sensitive, one that I asked Xigua: How does your family feel about your career? How was it in the beginning in the warcraft 3 era?
MacSed: My family is very supportive of me, so I could reach today's achievements. Thank you [my family].

me:How did you feel when you found out that NASL closed down? After all, you've been to their live events.
MacSed: I thought it was pretty sad... But I just want to play in this tournament, where it is located does not matter.

me: Please tell us about your happiest day in eSports, how did you feel?
MacSed: It was just when I was victorious. I clenched both of my fists, it has just been this short time all along.

me: Do you think there are any imbalanced parts of SC2?
MacSed: My own thoughts are that it's just fine now. I usually don't think of questions of balance because there's no way for me to fix it. As long as there is a player of the same race in front of me, then I believe whether I win or lose is all my fault.

me:What do you think was your greatest achievement with Sc2?
MacSed: That should be the day when I took the Nvidia Gaming Festival championship in 2012. It had the deepest influence on me.

me: Besides WCS, which tournaments are you looking forward to the most? Which wants do you want to participate in the most?
MacSed: Dreamhack and IEM, these two tournaments. Because there are so many high level players.

me: Do you have any particularly unliked players? Something like IdrA and MC?
MacSed: No.

me: Who is your favorite non-Korean competitor? Why?
MacSed: Presently, I don't have one.

me: Which map is your most unliked map?
MacSed: [this is funny because I asked in Chinese and he answered in English] Daedalus point.

me: Who is your favorite actor? Singer? Why?
MacSed: I don't have any.

me: What is your favorite food?
MacSed: As long as I can eat, I'm just fine, I don't have any favorites.

me: Do you have any parting words to tell your western fans?
MacSed: Thank you all for your support, I will continue to do my best to qualify for more tournaments!
Retired caster / streamer "BingeHD". Digital Nomad.
bartus88
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Netherlands491 Posts
March 13 2014 10:52 GMT
#2
Thanks for the interview. It would be awesome to see Chinese players at something like IEM or DH, hopefully they can make it happen.
Random master race
Probemicro
Profile Joined February 2014
3708 Posts
March 13 2014 10:58 GMT
#3
in the "你最喜欢的飞韩选手是谁?", "飞" should be "非", minor typo but overall nice interview.
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
March 13 2014 11:21 GMT
#4
I would love to see more chinese players at big EU events
Community News
TL+ Member
lystier
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
China877 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 11:29:49
March 13 2014 11:29 GMT
#5
I would love to translate another interview about MacSed today, because of this line:

+ Show Spoiler +
问:有趣的问题,Toodming淘汰了Scarlett,你懂的
答:这...已报仇。

Q: Here's a interesting question: Toodming advanced by beating Scarlett, you know...
A: Well...I've done my revenge(against Toodming).

It seems Macsed and scarlett are pretty good friends lol
Startale forever.
Yakikorosu
Profile Joined March 2013
1203 Posts
March 13 2014 13:12 GMT
#6
On March 13 2014 18:36 BreAKerTV wrote:
You guys know me. I couldn't resist.

me: Do you have any particularly unliked players? Something like IdrA and MC?
MacSed: No.

me: Who is your favorite non-Korean competitor? Why?
MacSed: Presently, I don't have one.

...

me: Who is your favorite actor? Singer? Why?
MacSed: I don't have any.

me: What is your favorite food?
MacSed: As long as I can eat, I'm just fine, I don't have any favorites.


MacSed has been studying at the TaeJa Interview School. He must be the valedictorian.
argonautdice
Profile Joined January 2013
Canada2722 Posts
March 13 2014 15:16 GMT
#7
On March 13 2014 22:12 Yakikorosu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 13 2014 18:36 BreAKerTV wrote:
You guys know me. I couldn't resist.

me: Do you have any particularly unliked players? Something like IdrA and MC?
MacSed: No.

me: Who is your favorite non-Korean competitor? Why?
MacSed: Presently, I don't have one.

...

me: Who is your favorite actor? Singer? Why?
MacSed: I don't have any.

me: What is your favorite food?
MacSed: As long as I can eat, I'm just fine, I don't have any favorites.


MacSed has been studying at the TaeJa Interview School. He must be the valedictorian.


LOL
very illegal and very uncool
bo1b
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
Australia12814 Posts
March 13 2014 15:27 GMT
#8
I wonder who the worst interviewee is between innovation taeja and macsed
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
March 13 2014 15:38 GMT
#9
will Macsed, be doing any foreign tournaments, or atleast like online cups or something? that goes for the rest of iG too...

they certainly can play well but you dont see them much at all in competition in many tournaments (online or offline)?
lantz
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States762 Posts
March 13 2014 15:41 GMT
#10
It's weird that you asked him in Chinese and he still offered no opinions

He must be afraid of being judged a certain way by foreign community.

He definitely has a favorite actor/food/competitor etc etc

No man is that robotic
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
March 13 2014 15:45 GMT
#11
On March 14 2014 00:41 lantz wrote:
It's weird that you asked him in Chinese and he still offered no opinions

He must be afraid of being judged a certain way by foreign community.

He definitely has a favorite actor/food/competitor etc etc

No man is that robotic

Chinese players don't have those PR skills.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
WikidSik
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada382 Posts
March 13 2014 15:46 GMT
#12
in this part of the interview: + Show Spoiler +
me: Besides WCS, which tournaments are you looking forward to the most? Which wants do you want to participate in the most?
MacSed: Dreamhack and IEM, these two tournaments. Because there are so many high level players.


It should be "which ones do you want to participate in the most?" instead of which wants lol
Iv been here for 5.5 years. My other accounts are named "Sonu" and "Dalroti" || I had some more but I cant find them XD || known in sc2 as "Sonu"
WikidSik
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Canada382 Posts
March 13 2014 15:48 GMT
#13
On March 14 2014 00:41 lantz wrote:
It's weird that you asked him in Chinese and he still offered no opinions

He must be afraid of being judged a certain way by foreign community.

He definitely has a favorite actor/food/competitor etc etc

No man is that robotic

I also dont have a fav actor/food/competitor. I guess its the way he worded it. He could just say I like all foods (like me), and Tasteless also doesnt have someone he idolizes, he just takes the best out of everybody and tries incorporating it into himself.

yeah i guess its just the way he worded it.
Iv been here for 5.5 years. My other accounts are named "Sonu" and "Dalroti" || I had some more but I cant find them XD || known in sc2 as "Sonu"
lantz
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States762 Posts
March 13 2014 15:52 GMT
#14
On March 14 2014 00:48 WikidSik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 00:41 lantz wrote:
It's weird that you asked him in Chinese and he still offered no opinions

He must be afraid of being judged a certain way by foreign community.

He definitely has a favorite actor/food/competitor etc etc

No man is that robotic

I also dont have a fav actor/food/competitor. I guess its the way he worded it. He could just say I like all foods (like me), and Tasteless also doesnt have someone he idolizes, he just takes the best out of everybody and tries incorporating it into himself.

yeah i guess its just the way he worded it.


If you were getting interviewed, I'm sure you would offer some part of you....

Maybe interviewers should give them a heads up about the questions instead of putting them on the spot. I want some juicy personal details
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
March 13 2014 15:55 GMT
#15
On March 14 2014 00:45 digmouse wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 00:41 lantz wrote:
It's weird that you asked him in Chinese and he still offered no opinions

He must be afraid of being judged a certain way by foreign community.

He definitely has a favorite actor/food/competitor etc etc

No man is that robotic

Chinese players don't have those PR skills.


Chinese professionals of any sort don't like to express any partisan opinion in public in general. They usually only speak out about something if it's of some importance with an immediate tangible impact. Just part of the mainland social mentality "stay out of trouble and mind your own business".
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 16:21:57
March 13 2014 16:21 GMT
#16
On March 14 2014 00:55 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 00:45 digmouse wrote:
On March 14 2014 00:41 lantz wrote:
It's weird that you asked him in Chinese and he still offered no opinions

He must be afraid of being judged a certain way by foreign community.

He definitely has a favorite actor/food/competitor etc etc

No man is that robotic

Chinese players don't have those PR skills.


Chinese professionals people of any sort don't like to express any partisan opinion in public in general. They usually only speak out about something if it's of some importance with an immediate tangible impact. Just part of the mainland social mentality "stay out of trouble and mind your own business".

Let me correct that for you.
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
mikumegurine
Profile Joined May 2013
Canada3145 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-03-13 17:11:19
March 13 2014 17:11 GMT
#17
On March 14 2014 00:55 Caihead wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 14 2014 00:45 digmouse wrote:
On March 14 2014 00:41 lantz wrote:
It's weird that you asked him in Chinese and he still offered no opinions

He must be afraid of being judged a certain way by foreign community.

He definitely has a favorite actor/food/competitor etc etc

No man is that robotic

Chinese players don't have those PR skills.


Chinese professionals of any sort don't like to express any partisan opinion in public in general. They usually only speak out about something if it's of some importance with an immediate tangible impact. Just part of the mainland social mentality "stay out of trouble and mind your own business".


xigua's interview was different from Macseds
Bowzar
Profile Joined December 2011
Sweden741 Posts
March 13 2014 17:28 GMT
#18
Thank you Macsed I have learned absolutely nothing about you. I wish the interviewer would press harder more often when they get these bullshit vague answers.
RotterdaM
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Netherlands684 Posts
March 13 2014 18:12 GMT
#19
LOL, dat interview. what a boss. I love macsed. He's actually very chatty offline, and funny! :D I promise! :D
Commentatorwww.instagram.com/RotterdaM08 for pictures of cute puppies.
GrapeApe
Profile Joined March 2011
1053 Posts
March 13 2014 18:19 GMT
#20
Got to know MacSed and XiGua a little bit when they played for my WC3 team briefly. Wish I would have stayed in touch with them, haha =D

Great to see them both having success! Hope they can take Chinese gaming to a new level!
GOIMBA.com <--- eSports betting :)
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 109
SortOf 101
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2219
Mong 98
Shinee 75
HiyA 75
sorry 30
NotJumperer 14
Noble 12
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1315
NeuroSwarm173
League of Legends
JimRising 670
Reynor39
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft615
Other Games
summit1g7060
Coldzera 754
C9.Mang0328
PiGStarcraft235
ArmadaUGS47
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick761
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream423
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2143
League of Legends
• Lourlo1330
• Rush1230
• Stunt347
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.