• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:45
CEST 23:45
KST 06:45
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9676 users

The Soul Survivor - Dear at the Code S Finals - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
72 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
October 19 2013 03:38 GMT
#41
I like Dear, too, but I wish he was playing someone else I didn't like in the finals TT
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
NoIntestines
Profile Joined March 2011
United States35 Posts
October 19 2013 03:39 GMT
#42
On October 19 2013 08:07 Waxangel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 19 2013 08:02 Dodgin wrote:
TL writers deserve an award for the ability to hype this finals


standard method though

if the individual players lack charisma, then you look for points of interest a broader context


I disagree slightly in that I feel context is king and is almost always more compelling than individual stories or singular accomplishments.

For example, I have been a near uncompromising Zerg fanatic ever since I laid my eyes upon my first mutalisk, but tonight I shall be rooting for Dear because of his team situation and the current state of ZvP.
When I am weaker than you I ask you for freedom because that is according to your principles; when I am stronger than you I take away your freedom because that is according to mine.
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
October 19 2013 04:07 GMT
#43
Any news on where the finals are being held? I really wanted to go Challenger League but was busy all this week, so if I wanna catch any sc2 while I'm in Korea this will have to do.
Long live the King of Wings
tomastaz
Profile Joined January 2013
United States976 Posts
October 19 2013 04:19 GMT
#44
On October 19 2013 13:07 LimitSEA wrote:
Any news on where the finals are being held? I really wanted to go Challenger League but was busy all this week, so if I wanna catch any sc2 while I'm in Korea this will have to do.

You wanted to watch Challenger but the Finals will just have to do?? Poor you :3
No church in the wild --- @tzhang0126
ImmortalTofu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1254 Posts
October 19 2013 04:52 GMT
#45
Oh man what a sick writeup. I don't know much about the Kespa teams, since I left right as they joined, but I might be firing up some Star sometime soon!
"Friendship ain't a business deal"
digmouse
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
China6331 Posts
October 19 2013 04:56 GMT
#46
On October 19 2013 13:07 LimitSEA wrote:
Any news on where the finals are being held? I really wanted to go Challenger League but was busy all this week, so if I wanna catch any sc2 while I'm in Korea this will have to do.

UNIQLO AX, same as last finals and the one before that.
http://www.gomtv.net/forum/view.gom?topicid=302505&cid=0&kind=8
Go there before you miss it!
TranslatorIf you want to ask anything about Chinese esports, send me a PM or follow me @nerddigmouse.
Karis Vas Ryaar
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States4396 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 05:07:16
October 19 2013 05:05 GMT
#47
good article but you stole the title from a rage song.

+ Show Spoiler +

(j/k) its a real song though


"I'm not agreeing with a lot of Virus's decisions but they are working" Tasteless. Ipl4 Losers Bracket Virus 2-1 Maru
Lunareste
Profile Joined July 2011
United States3596 Posts
October 19 2013 05:37 GMT
#48
good luck tonight Dear!
KT FlaSh FOREVER
robson1
Profile Joined March 2013
3632 Posts
October 19 2013 06:48 GMT
#49
One of the best Previews I've seen in a long time. Even better than Waxangels soO preview, and that one was pretty amazing as well.
Genius is that funny scientist who no one takes seriously until he kills you with a flame throwing trumpet. - stuchiu 2013
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
October 19 2013 07:00 GMT
#50
Beautiful just beautiful.
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
Dragoonstorm7
Profile Joined December 2012
United States599 Posts
October 19 2013 07:54 GMT
#51
Great write up!
Only an hour left! SO EXCITED
oblivion awaits- dark archon (aka best unit ever)
NeThZOR
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
South Africa7387 Posts
October 19 2013 09:46 GMT
#52
I wanted Dear to win so much before reading the article, and now after reading it I want him to win ever MORE
SuperNova - 2015 | SKT1 fan for years | Dear, FlaSh, PartinG, Soulkey, Naniwa
CrazyHunter
Profile Blog Joined February 2013
United States83 Posts
October 19 2013 09:49 GMT
#53
Let's go (P)Dear! WE NEED A PROTOSS CHAMPION!!
The strong live. The weak die
ArTiFaKs
Profile Joined September 2013
United States1229 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 12:51:27
October 19 2013 12:50 GMT
#54
CONGRATULATIONS (P)Dear ! Finally a Protoss champion! He played like a true Bauss Toss and brought home the gold, GL HF GG.
There are things known, and things unknown, and in-between are the doors.
skorched
Profile Joined October 2010
United States81 Posts
October 19 2013 14:16 GMT
#55
Dear got in that ass!
I love the sound of Medivacs getting feedbacked.
Hadronsbecrazy
Profile Joined September 2013
United Kingdom551 Posts
August 11 2014 12:09 GMT
#56
go Dear!
No need Build Orders, Only Micro,Favourite Players: Maru, Zest, soOjwa , CJherO
Zealously
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
East Gorteau22261 Posts
August 11 2014 12:10 GMT
#57
What on earth
AdministratorBreak the chains
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
August 11 2014 12:11 GMT
#58
Dear gonna win Code S, soO doesn't stand a chance ~
Community News
TL+ Member
Paljas
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6926 Posts
August 11 2014 12:13 GMT
#59
Dear is really an up and coming player
TL+ Member
myxoma_strain
Profile Joined December 2013
United Kingdom371 Posts
August 11 2014 12:14 GMT
#60
Not only will he take this, he'll win the season finals too, I got a good feeling about this
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 16m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 79
JuggernautJason49
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 600
firebathero 90
Zeus 65
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever476
League of Legends
JimRising 326
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS132
PPMD21
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5328
Liquid`Hasu1794
Other Games
summit1g6445
shahzam500
byalli363
C9.Mang0204
UpATreeSC71
Trikslyr38
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream148
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 89
• Adnapsc2 18
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• Azhi_Dahaki32
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 16m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 16m
Stellar Fest
15h 16m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.