• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:41
CEST 07:41
KST 14:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7994 users

NaNiwa's career story - Page 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
pms
Profile Joined April 2008
Poland611 Posts
October 17 2013 16:58 GMT
#41
It would be nice if Naniwa entered the Power Rank... Has ever a foreigner been in the Power Rank?
GoodSirTets
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada200 Posts
October 17 2013 17:49 GMT
#42
not even mentioning TSL 3? It was the finals of that tourney that got me into pro starcraft
High Diamond/ Low Masters :^)
laegoose
Profile Joined June 2010
Russian Federation325 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-17 18:58:56
October 17 2013 18:55 GMT
#43
edit: nvm, looked up in Blizzcon qualifications probabilities thread.
Thorin
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
601 Posts
October 17 2013 21:43 GMT
#44
On October 17 2013 18:50 Muffloe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2013 17:14 Chinnro wrote:
Great write up, but to be honest there are plenty of other progamers that give more to community than naniwhine. Seriously, we should not celebrate the bm grandmaster. Just saying...probe rush, hand shakes, no gg, smack talking nestea, need I go on?

Well "naniwhine" have become an egregore. You want him to be bm, and therefore you see bm. I'm convinced that there are more personal characteristics to Naniwa than being bm.


Chaos magic up in this mofo.
volta1
Profile Joined May 2013
13 Posts
October 18 2013 01:32 GMT
#45
I'm not fully up to speed with the proscene.. Why does Acer's site have a writeup about Naniwa? Is Alliance affiliated with Acer somehow?
Darkdwarf
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Sweden960 Posts
October 18 2013 01:51 GMT
#46
On October 18 2013 10:32 volta1 wrote:
I'm not fully up to speed with the proscene.. Why does Acer's site have a writeup about Naniwa? Is Alliance affiliated with Acer somehow?


Because Thorin is hired as some kind of journalist, and I imagine that he's free to do whatever journalistic content that delivers views.
Teams: IM, Jin Air, Invictus || Players: Maru, GuMiho, INnoVation, Ryung, sOs, Squirtle, NaNiwa, Has, Zoun, Life, Rogue, Dark
Holloworb
Profile Joined November 2011
Norway345 Posts
October 18 2013 09:05 GMT
#47
Reading this, it's hard not becoming a Naniwa fan, even if I've judged him harshly at times for his actions.
LakseWim
Profile Joined August 2010
Netherlands202 Posts
October 18 2013 09:27 GMT
#48
I have been a long time fan of naniwa and I love the article, it is very nice to have such an extensive overview of his sc2 career. Thanks Thorin!
NaNiwa | HerO | MC | Rain | PartinG | sOs
qqK
Profile Joined May 2011
Germany282 Posts
October 18 2013 10:20 GMT
#49
"Well, it's ok. My goal is to win the big final of the MLG (MLG Providence). Not this one, but I'll win this one too."
-NaNiwa, speaking on stage, moments after winning MLG Dallas 2011.

I'm pretty sure he said this before the finals (maybe after the WB Finals) - otherwise it wouldn't make sense.
jackslater
Profile Joined November 2012
Russian Federation604 Posts
October 19 2013 07:32 GMT
#50
Nice!
FreedomMurder
Profile Joined November 2011
Canada200 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-19 15:01:17
October 19 2013 15:00 GMT
#51
Not trying to be rude, just helpful. You should really check over the grammar and sentence structure of an article before it becomes a published work. There are a lot of parts of this article which just don't make grammatical sense which hurts your credibility as a journalist. Being a journalist myself these things stick out to me. Other than that it was a great read!
(>$___$)> https://soundcloud.com/5m00th-j4zz <(-__$<)
Enel
Profile Joined April 2012
Sudan430 Posts
October 19 2013 16:47 GMT
#52
Fantastic read.
Go Sudan
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
October 19 2013 18:24 GMT
#53
Forever a king without a crown.
This king rules the north.
Slaying dragons without a frown.
He goes by a moniker on this Earth.
A name that many legends have fallen to
He is naniwa

<3
When cats speak, mice listen.
9-BiT
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
United States1089 Posts
October 19 2013 21:06 GMT
#54
On October 17 2013 17:14 Chinnro wrote:
Great write up, but to be honest there are plenty of other progamers that give more to community than naniwhine. Seriously, we should not celebrate the bm grandmaster. Just saying...probe rush, hand shakes, no gg, smack talking nestea, need I go on?

Yeah, no. Pretty sure being the best foreigner in the game is providing more to the game than mannered masters level players.
kwark_uk: @father_sc learn to play maybe?
ArtistenSc2
Profile Joined October 2012
Sweden53 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-20 16:34:36
October 20 2013 04:05 GMT
#55
For NaniWa to advance to BlizzConn
(at least 1 foreigner vs 15 Koreans please Blizzard!!!)

- - This is before WCS A RO4 was played.- -

SEASON 3 FINALS
Placements needed in WCS S3 Finals to surpass NaniWa's 3.200p/to get to BlizzConn
(remember that one can surpass, it's ok, Nani is in 15th place atm..)


Need 1st place :
Trap, Genius, Heart*,Hack*
%=2-5-2-2

Need 2nd place :
Vortix, Macsed*
%=1-2

Need 3-4th place :
Dear, Soo, Oz** (if 2-4th place in wcs A)
%=20-40-10

Need 5-8th place :

Need 9-12th place :
Oz** (if first place in wcs A)
%=80

*= not played yet when posting this
**=pending on coming first or 2-4th in WCS A
The % is my rating of their chances, basically it's all about :

RESUME - The Deal-breakers :
Oz : not winning the WCS A - if so high risk for passing
S3 Finals : max one of Oz, Dear, Soo gets into RO 4

Edit :
Revival ! : if getting 1st or 2nd in group in Challenger he ties with Nani.
wonder how Blizz might handle a tie..

Crazy it should become this close... crossing my fingers... go Nani - HF !
best foreigner ever, Naniwa, WB!!
Sogetsu
Profile Joined July 2011
514 Posts
October 20 2013 10:26 GMT
#56
This is maybe off topic but I got warned for calling Naniwa with "whine", and it is really common to me, even reading TL, so what is going on? Something against me or did I just get bad luck and some "mod" dislikes me? Feels bad being warned for doing things others do without problem ;S

And I still don't like Naniwa (I can't say it with "whine" because of ban?), even if I recognize he is a really good player and one of the best foreigners right now, I simply dislike it so much that I always cheer his opponents no matter who they are, unless I dislike them more than him lol
Raptor: "Es hora de salvar a los E-Sports..." http://i3.minus.com/ibtne3liprtByB.png
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
October 20 2013 11:31 GMT
#57
This was a fantastic article, I sat glued to the screen. Amazing work, I really hope you work on some more. Here is to Naniwa winning a major title!
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
SoniC_eu
Profile Joined April 2011
Denmark1008 Posts
October 20 2013 11:31 GMT
#58
On October 20 2013 19:26 Sogetsu wrote:
This is maybe off topic but I got warned for calling Naniwa with "whine", and it is really common to me, even reading TL, so what is going on? Something against me or did I just get bad luck and some "mod" dislikes me? Feels bad being warned for doing things others do without problem ;S

And I still don't like Naniwa (I can't say it with "whine" because of ban?), even if I recognize he is a really good player and one of the best foreigners right now, I simply dislike it so much that I always cheer his opponents no matter who they are, unless I dislike them more than him lol


This isnt the place for this sort of banter.
In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure. http://da.twitch.tv/sonic_eu
DinosaurPoop
Profile Blog Joined April 2013
687 Posts
October 20 2013 17:47 GMT
#59
On October 20 2013 20:31 SoniC_eu wrote:
This was a fantastic article, I sat glued to the screen. Amazing work, I really hope you work on some more. Here is to Naniwa winning a major title!

I told you man, forever our king without a crown :p
When cats speak, mice listen.
pms
Profile Joined April 2008
Poland611 Posts
October 21 2013 13:33 GMT
#60
On October 20 2013 19:26 Sogetsu wrote:
This is maybe off topic but I got warned for calling Naniwa with "whine", and it is really common to me, even reading TL, so what is going on? Something against me or did I just get bad luck and some "mod" dislikes me? Feels bad being warned for doing things others do without problem ;S

And I still don't like Naniwa (I can't say it with "whine" because of ban?), even if I recognize he is a really good player and one of the best foreigners right now, I simply dislike it so much that I always cheer his opponents no matter who they are, unless I dislike them more than him lol


Go create an anti-fan page of Naniwa instead of spoiling threads about him. Your tears aren't that good any more
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 114
Nina 109
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2091
HiyA 434
Mong 160
Shinee 79
sorry 49
NotJumperer 19
Noble 17
Bale 15
Icarus 7
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1251
NeuroSwarm161
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Reynor63
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 784
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft643
Other Games
summit1g6964
C9.Mang0318
PiGStarcraft215
ArmadaUGS32
RuFF_SC228
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick611
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream405
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2171
League of Legends
• Rush1190
• Lourlo1136
• Stunt515
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
4h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
18h 19m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 5h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.