• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:46
CEST 04:46
KST 11:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9380 users

WCS KR - 5th Place Winner Interview (TIG)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Waxangel
Profile Blog Joined September 2002
United States33701 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-08 08:29:57
October 08 2013 08:23 GMT
#1
Source: ThisIsGame.com

(P)Soul_Trap defeated PartinG and jjakji to take 5th place in the WCS Korea/Code S, earning a spot at the WCS Season 3 Finals in Canada. The following is ThisIsGame's interview from the post match press conference.

[image loading]

Q: You earned the final ticket to the season finals.

A: I really didn't expect to advance. I lost motivation lately, so I only prepared builds against PartinG and didn't even prepare for the match after that, so it's ironic that I won.

You seemed to want to go the Season Finals in the past?

I've been in a such a tough situation that I even dropped my goal of going to the season finals, so I'm happy that I'll be going to Canada.

Why did you lose your motivation?

Personal problems played a big part. My form dropped after the Ro16, and I was getting very stressed out due to problems beside that. I had given up, but as long as I've advanced, I'll have to do my best to enjoy it.

How did you prepare for your matches with PartinG?

I didn't think of the second series, I just finished up preparing with Dear [for PartinG].

You went for a fast triple-nexus in the first game against jjakji.

I just played all my PvT's by ear. I went for an early zealot in the first game, and it seemed like I could fit in a fast third.

You made a lot of mistakes in the third game against jjakji.

It's a problem that comes up in practice, and it came up in the third game as well. It was also an issue when I played against PartinG. My form in the third game was my form when things aren't working out.

When did you know you had earned a spot at the Season Finals?

When I dropped my high templars in the fourth game, I thought that I had won.

You'll be going to Canada alongside Dear.

In the end, I'm happy we're both going. I'm lucky to be going, so I hope I can play good games before I return.

Any final comments?

I'm really thankful to my fans for cheering me on. They even gifted me some side dishes for meals and I'm enjoying eating them. I will try to focus as hard as possible during my games at the season finals, but I will also try to enjoy them..

AdministratorHey HP can you redo everything youve ever done because i have a small complaint?
Daswollvieh
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
5553 Posts
October 08 2013 08:36 GMT
#2
Saying you didn´t prepare or care at all must be some kind of Korean courtesy.
iTzSnypah
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1738 Posts
October 08 2013 08:50 GMT
#3
On October 08 2013 17:36 Daswollvieh wrote:
Saying you didn´t prepare or care at all must be some kind of Korean courtesy.

Did you even read past the first question?

I was kind of expecting jjakji to take 5th since he only needed practice TvP. I'm happy that Trap won though, I really like his play.
Team Liquid needs more Terrans.
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-08 09:52:26
October 08 2013 09:47 GMT
#4
What a badass pose Trap. Nice Interview!
Someone need to make a fanclub for this guy.
MavivaM
Profile Joined November 2011
1535 Posts
October 08 2013 10:58 GMT
#5
A simple truth: he may lacked specific preparation, but he didn't lack anything else.
All the time he spent training did not betray him.
It's not about luck or carelessness... it's about all the training he underwent in years.
Funny how he easily dismiss all of that ^^
Your Opinion has been counted. Only 3 more Opinions needed for a reddit thread.
ClueClueClue
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Sweden1203 Posts
October 08 2013 11:21 GMT
#6
It's a shame that not both Jjakji and Trap could go to Canada; they're both such qtpies. : /
Cogito, ergo toss.
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
October 08 2013 11:26 GMT
#7
Woohoo Trap!
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
VKCA
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada391 Posts
October 08 2013 12:38 GMT
#8
Skt
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 08 2013 12:51 GMT
#9
jjakji
Trap, hell yeah (seriously i loved his GSTL games and the fact that he actually uses storm drops).
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
emanresU
Profile Joined November 2012
Germany393 Posts
October 08 2013 13:10 GMT
#10
Didn't prepare


Yeah right haha.
There is nothing more cool than being proud of the things you love. -Sean "Day[9]" Plott
DaftFunk
Profile Joined June 2013
194 Posts
October 08 2013 19:32 GMT
#11
dat creeper in the background
DMXD
Profile Joined February 2008
United States4064 Posts
October 08 2013 19:39 GMT
#12
really love his templar drops in his pvt matches against Jjakji.
congras!
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
October 08 2013 19:44 GMT
#13
That random photobomb!
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
Ben...
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada3485 Posts
October 08 2013 19:54 GMT
#14
I was so shocked that Jjakji lost. He played insanely well against Parting. Among the best Terran play I've seen in a while. But against Trap he kinda fell apart.
"Cliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide" -Tastosis
CosmicSpiral
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States15275 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-08 20:03:58
October 08 2013 20:03 GMT
#15
On October 09 2013 04:54 Ben... wrote:
I was so shocked that Jjakji lost. He played insanely well against Parting. Among the best Terran play I've seen in a while. But against Trap he kinda fell apart.


His pressure does not work against Trap's playstyle. Jjakji played fine besides that but getting rebuffed that early hurt his followup attacks.
WriterWovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man schweigen.
ZAiNs
Profile Joined July 2010
United Kingdom6525 Posts
October 08 2013 20:06 GMT
#16
On October 09 2013 04:54 Ben... wrote:
I was so shocked that Jjakji lost. He played insanely well against Parting. Among the best Terran play I've seen in a while. But against Trap he kinda fell apart.

Jjakji didn't play Parting, he played Rain.
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
October 10 2013 02:43 GMT
#17
Trap ftw ! Such a great player. I hope he keeps his motivation at his highest
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings116
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta32
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 245
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10500
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1150
NeuroSwarm195
febbydoto28
League of Legends
Doublelift5203
JimRising 727
Counter-Strike
taco 225
minikerr44
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox566
Mew2King35
Other Games
summit1g9510
Maynarde227
ArmadaUGS53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 203
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo684
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h 14m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h 14m
Monday Night Weeklies
13h 14m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.