• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:29
CEST 08:29
KST 15:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8407 users

[Interview] WCS Korea GSL Season 3 2013 RO8 Day 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Mintie
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia563 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 07:44:28
October 05 2013 07:22 GMT
#1
Maru – “Dear is just another Protoss”
“Semi-final opponent Dear will be an easier opponent than Rain”

[image loading]

Showing precise decision making, Maru defeated Jjakji and is through to the semi-finals.

On the 4th of October at the GOM TV studios in Gangnam, Maru (of team Prime) defeated Jjakji (of team MyInsanity) 3:1 in the WCS KR Premier League Round of 8, and now again has a spot in the semi-finals.

You beat Jjakji and secured your spot in the semi-finals.

Whenever I practiced my TvT, I lost. I’m really happy that I made it through.

How did you prepare for todays match?

As usual, I mainly practiced on ladder. Today, I practiced the maps I was playing today once each with Dream. I didn’t have anything specially prepared, I just improvised on stage.

You overcame a rough start to win the 2nd map.

I decided it would be hard to come back without medivacs. (I’m assuming he means doing the doom-drop)

In the semi-finals, you’ll be playing Dear.

He’s a pretty ordinary player that doesn’t differ much from all the other Protosses. Actually, I think it’ll be easier than when I played Rain. I think I’ll win 3:1.

In the Season 2 finals, you lost in the Ro16.

I just don’t want to drop out early this time.

Anything you’d like to add?

I want to thank all my teammates that helped me practice, and thanks to Dream for helping me practice.




soO – “I will punch through the steel-wall”
“Soulkey, the last match fell short of expectations”

[image loading]

soO defeated teammate Parting to make it through to his first ever semi-finals.

On the 4th of October at the GOM TV studios in Gangnam, Soo (of team SK Telecon) defeated Parting (also of team SK Telecom) 3:1 in the WCS KR Premier League Round of 8, and is now in the semi-finals, the first time since transitioning to Starcraft 2.

This is your first semi-finals since transitioning to SC2.

For the first time in SC2, I made it to the semi-finals. I feel bad that my quarter-finals opponent was a team mate, but I think that the world of competition is dispassionate. I’m happy with the outcome.

Being a team-kill match, the preparation must have been difficult.

Usually we sit right next to each other at the team-house, but because of today’s match we moved our spots. There were difficult points, and the atmosphere was a little odd.

You won 3:1. Did you anticipate that?

Parting used a lot of builds that I didn’t see coming, so I was really perplexed. Parting normally has a lot of builds prepared, so I think eliminating builds as I went was a good approach.

In the 2nd map, you won by producing a huge number of zerglings.

It was a strategy that I prepared. I poked in with my overlord, and when I saw the number of gateways increasing I started making zerglings.

In today’s match, we saw you focusing on strategies based on basic units like zerglings and roaches.

I wanted to go to late-game, but Parting kept forcing game to end in the early-game. I made armies in order to defend, but I was able to hold without much issue and the counter-attacks led to great results.

The 4th map was much like the 2nd.

Yep. Similar to the 2nd map, when I poked my overlord forward, I saw the number of gateways increasing.

In the semi-finals, you’ll be playing Soulkey.

As I watched the individual leagues, I noticed that he always loses at least once. I think he definitely has a weakness. I will punch through the steel-wall.

After you secured your place in the semi-finals, this also guaranteed you a spot in the Season finals.

It’s a stage that I really wanted to get to, at least once. There was a lot of difficulty getting here, so I’m determined to make the most of it.

Soulkey beat your teammate Rain in order to make it to the semi-finals. Do you have any thoughts of avenging your teammate?

It was a situation where he could have won, so I think he had bad luck. Soulkey’s play was below my expectations. I don’t think he’s an undefeatable opponent.

Anything you’d like to add?

I will prepare hard for the semi-finals and show good matches.
ymir233
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States8275 Posts
October 05 2013 07:29 GMT
#2
These shots fired lols

The ZvZ will be pretty fun IMO, better than the usual 72-drone ZvP shit that was SK vs Rain
Come motivate me to be cynical about animus at http://infinityandone.blogspot.com/ // Stork proxy gates are beautiful.
slowbacontron
Profile Joined October 2012
United States7722 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 07:35:48
October 05 2013 07:35 GMT
#3
Yep, both these players displaying confidence against their next opponents, even SoO against Rain :O

Thanks for translating!!
jjakji fan
Fasy
Profile Joined August 2012
Italy13 Posts
October 05 2013 07:36 GMT
#4
Soulkey 4-2 SoO
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
October 05 2013 07:38 GMT
#5
dammit Maru don't get overconfident!

thanks for the trans!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
October 05 2013 07:43 GMT
#6
thanks for translating! Hope SK wins 3-0 against soO and hope Dear crushes Maru 3-0 to teach him a lesson about thinking it's easier than rain and that he's just another protoss!
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Darkdwarf
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
Sweden960 Posts
October 05 2013 08:52 GMT
#7
Maru is such a boss.
Teams: IM, Jin Air, Invictus || Players: Maru, GuMiho, INnoVation, Ryung, sOs, Squirtle, NaNiwa, Has, Zoun, Life, Rogue, Dark
Rescawen
Profile Joined April 2010
Finland1028 Posts
October 05 2013 08:58 GMT
#8
soo i like him, fighting spirit!
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
October 05 2013 09:10 GMT
#9
lol Maru is calling Dear just another protoss? XD
lolfail9001
Profile Joined August 2013
Russian Federation40190 Posts
October 05 2013 09:14 GMT
#10
On October 05 2013 18:10 sharkie wrote:
lol Maru is calling Dear just another protoss? XD

Something is wrong here :3?
DeMoN pulls off a Miracle and Flies to the Moon
RiZu
Profile Joined February 2012
Singapore5715 Posts
October 05 2013 09:16 GMT
#11
On October 05 2013 18:10 sharkie wrote:
lol Maru is calling Dear just another protoss? XD

He is making a big mistake :C.
ACrow
Profile Joined October 2011
Germany6583 Posts
October 05 2013 09:35 GMT
#12
Thanks for the interviews <3
Maru vs Soulkey finals should be pretty awesome. I doubt Dear or Soo have a chance to make it to the finals...
Get off my lawn, young punks
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 09:43:58
October 05 2013 09:43 GMT
#13
Maru vs Soulkey finals it is.

Edit: Also, thanks for translating.
Flash | Mvp
Hadronsbecrazy
Profile Joined September 2013
United Kingdom551 Posts
October 05 2013 09:48 GMT
#14
Common Maru dont become over confident and lose to Dear >.< just watch Dear's GSTL game vs Symbol and the 4 manner Nexii
No need Build Orders, Only Micro,Favourite Players: Maru, Zest, soOjwa , CJherO
Darrkhan
Profile Joined February 2012
Finland1236 Posts
October 05 2013 10:25 GMT
#15
On October 05 2013 18:16 RiZu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 05 2013 18:10 sharkie wrote:
lol Maru is calling Dear just another protoss? XD

He is making a big mistake :C.


Not this scenario again? Maru calling someone just another player
FAMOUS LAST WORDS BY MARU
.
.
.
Maru ends up killing his opponent (Happen against Innovation (4-0) happen against Rain (4-2, 4 wins straight)
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-10-05 10:27:00
October 05 2013 10:26 GMT
#16
Maru can't afford to underestimate Dear. D: I hope he is just talking smack.
redpeople
Profile Joined July 2013
70 Posts
October 05 2013 14:58 GMT
#17
Dream!!!!!!!!<3<3<3<3<3
The God of the stomach is at war with the God of kidneys
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
October 05 2013 15:06 GMT
#18
Thanks for translating!
Moderatorlickypiddy
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nina 141
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1775
ggaemo 474
910 409
Mong 97
Dewaltoss 93
Shuttle 93
Hm[arnc] 39
soO 29
Bale 26
Noble 23
[ Show more ]
ZergMaN 21
yabsab 19
Icarus 10
sorry 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 621
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1116
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor740
Other Games
summit1g8844
C9.Mang0318
Happy243
PiGStarcraft142
Mew2King123
ArmadaUGS43
trigger15
ceh91
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream131
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 27
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2355
League of Legends
• Rush1201
• Lourlo1123
• Stunt415
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6h 31m
OSC
15h 31m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 3h
Online Event
1d 4h
FEL
1d 9h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 10h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 12h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.