• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1 [IPSL] IPSL is Back With Winter 26-27!
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11979 users

[Interview] MaddeLisk (Team Millenium)

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Teaser
Profile Joined October 2010
Germany58 Posts
August 28 2013 20:32 GMT
#1
[image loading]


escene.de: Hey Madeleine, thanks for taking the time. You’re one of the very few female players in StarCraft 2 who can actually compete in huge tournaments. Do you prefer playing in regular tournaments or would you like to have more events for female players only? Would that help to motivate more girls to play competitive?
Madeleine 'MaddeLisk' Leander: I prefer to play in mixed tournaments. I don't practice to be the best girl but to be the best player. I do however think female cups can be a good thing. When I first started to play I was informed about some female cups and that is actually how I got into competitive gaming. I can only speak for myself but since it helped me I think it can also help others.

When you’re attending an offline event, you get a lot of attention compared to most of the other players. Do you like that or does it make it harder to focus on the tournament?
I don't agree with your statement. I actually (rightfully) get a lot less attention than a lot off players. I do however agree that I get more attention than most male players of my level. Most people that comes to talk to me are really nice so I’m happy to talk to them when I have the time.


The full interview can be found here: http://escene.de/news,1024.html


You can of course find MaddeLisk at Twitter and Facebook:
https://twitter.com/maddelisk
https://www.facebook.com/MaddeLisk
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
August 28 2013 20:34 GMT
#2
Thanks, nice interview !
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
August 28 2013 22:24 GMT
#3
Nice interview!
Moderatorlickypiddy
dutchfriese
Profile Joined November 2012
2554 Posts
August 28 2013 23:09 GMT
#4
good interview. I'm rooting for maddelisk, hopefully she can be a role model and inspire other females to take up starcraft and help grow the community.
TRZ
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada20 Posts
August 31 2013 11:39 GMT
#5
is she a real female?

User was warned for this post
Glorfindel!
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1815 Posts
August 31 2013 11:48 GMT
#6
On August 31 2013 20:39 TRZ wrote:
is she a real female?


Please STOP it? Okay?
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/598681/1/Glorfindel/ladder/161337#current-rank
Glorfindel!
Profile Joined May 2011
Sweden1815 Posts
August 31 2013 11:48 GMT
#7
She is playing live ATM:
http://sv.twitch.tv/birdietv
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/598681/1/Glorfindel/ladder/161337#current-rank
Putty
Profile Joined September 2012
210 Posts
August 31 2013 12:08 GMT
#8
On August 31 2013 20:39 TRZ wrote:
is she a real female?


Yes and she's Snute's girlfriend. Real vagina 100%

User was warned for this post
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
August 31 2013 12:29 GMT
#9
It sounds like she really takes the game seriously and wants to improve. If she is really Snute's GF I bet that they share strats and stuff. She will definitely be good! It seems wierd that most top end female gamers choose The Swarm. I think only Aphrodite played a different race and was playing at a competitive level.
TRZ
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada20 Posts
August 31 2013 12:44 GMT
#10
On August 31 2013 21:08 Putty wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2013 20:39 TRZ wrote:
is she a real female?


Yes and she's Snute's girlfriend. Real vagina 100%

Are there any other "real" girls that are pro sc2 gamers? I know scarlett but she's transgender are there any more non-tranny
ShootingQuasar
Profile Joined July 2013
United Kingdom44 Posts
August 31 2013 12:45 GMT
#11
Aphrodite is one too sint she?
No need Build Orders, Only Micro
frontline-
Profile Joined March 2012
Bulgaria281 Posts
August 31 2013 13:06 GMT
#12
Some people gonna get smacked in this thread.
ShootingQuasar
Profile Joined July 2013
United Kingdom44 Posts
August 31 2013 13:11 GMT
#13
shes really pretty ^^
No need Build Orders, Only Micro
JKM
Profile Joined November 2011
Denmark419 Posts
August 31 2013 13:36 GMT
#14
On August 31 2013 21:44 TRZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2013 21:08 Putty wrote:
On August 31 2013 20:39 TRZ wrote:
is she a real female?


Yes and she's Snute's girlfriend. Real vagina 100%

Are there any other "real" girls that are pro sc2 gamers? I know scarlett but she's transgender are there any more non-tranny


I recently saw MsSpyte streaming zerg on quite strong level (~midmaster I would guess based on the play I saw (30 min)).


Regarding the interview I think it was a bit superficial, but nonetheless gj.
1338, one upping 1337
Yorbon
Profile Joined December 2011
Netherlands4272 Posts
August 31 2013 14:23 GMT
#15
This went bad really fast >.>
Riquiz
Profile Joined June 2011
Netherlands402 Posts
August 31 2013 14:41 GMT
#16
Loved the interview !
Caster man does casting on yt/RiquizCasts
metroid composite
Profile Joined February 2007
Canada231 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-08-31 15:45:50
August 31 2013 15:45 GMT
#17
On August 31 2013 21:44 TRZ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2013 21:08 Putty wrote:
On August 31 2013 20:39 TRZ wrote:
is she a real female?


Yes and she's Snute's girlfriend. Real vagina 100%

Are there any other "real" girls that are pro sc2 gamers? I know scarlett but she's transgender are there any more non-tranny


The language you are using is pretty offensive.

Scarlett is a real human being, and she is a girl, so I'm pretty sure that makes her a real girl. Trust me, she's not a cartoon or a fictional character. I've met her.
Cats land on their feet. Toast lands peanut butter side down. A cat with toast strapped to its back will hover above the ground in a state of quantum indecision
twomong3r
Profile Joined September 2011
United States36 Posts
August 31 2013 16:07 GMT
#18
On August 31 2013 22:36 JKM wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2013 21:44 TRZ wrote:
On August 31 2013 21:08 Putty wrote:
On August 31 2013 20:39 TRZ wrote:
is she a real female?


Yes and she's Snute's girlfriend. Real vagina 100%

Are there any other "real" girls that are pro sc2 gamers? I know scarlett but she's transgender are there any more non-tranny


I recently saw MsSpyte streaming zerg on quite strong level (~midmaster I would guess based on the play I saw (30 min)).


Regarding the interview I think it was a bit superficial, but nonetheless gj.


Midmaster NA is not notable on its own. There are thousands of midmasters out there. There are plenty of male streamers that are GM level that have 10-20 viewers and are not featured...

The only reason she's so notable is because she is a girl. She is not a pro by any means. A plat or diamond player could put in a one or two months of targeted and efficient practice (2 hours a day) and get to mid masters easily. If this player was a guy, he would probably get 5-10 stream viewers if he's lucky. Playing at a pro level is much harder and requires much more time. Most pros don't even have as many viewers as her (500-700).

There's a VOD of Whitera trolling Maddelisk with a ninja expo + carrier build at dreamhack. Link That's how big the skill difference is. He probably wouldn't pull this build against even a mediocre NA/EU pro.
Agathon
Profile Joined February 2011
France1505 Posts
August 31 2013 16:28 GMT
#19
On September 01 2013 00:45 metroid composite wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 31 2013 21:44 TRZ wrote:
On August 31 2013 21:08 Putty wrote:
On August 31 2013 20:39 TRZ wrote:
is she a real female?


Yes and she's Snute's girlfriend. Real vagina 100%

Are there any other "real" girls that are pro sc2 gamers? I know scarlett but she's transgender are there any more non-tranny


The language you are using is pretty offensive.

Scarlett is a real human being, and she is a girl, so I'm pretty sure that makes her a real girl. Trust me, she's not a cartoon or a fictional character. I've met her.


This. And even more important I think : it's not our business. She says she's a girl, then she's a girl. All the rest is private and we have absolutely no reason to debate or coment it.

On topic, nice itw. Hope she'll come in Paris in septembre for Millénium show.
"C'est au pied du mur, qu'on voit le mieux...le mur".
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings82
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta33
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10609
White-Ra 342
Dota 2
monkeys_forever802
NeuroSwarm111
League of Legends
Doublelift5470
JimRising 673
Counter-Strike
fl0m3896
minikerr24
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox769
AZ_Axe168
Other Games
summit1g7762
Maynarde190
KnowMe188
ArmadaUGS106
Mew2King31
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick917
BasetradeTV181
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 8
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 72
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 5m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
10h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 5m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.