• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:01
CEST 01:01
KST 08:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8953 users

CoCa join(ed) Team 8 - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
149 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
LiLSighKoh
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States588 Posts
July 09 2013 18:40 GMT
#61
On July 10 2013 03:28 Saser wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:12 Mootland wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:10 Acer.Scarlett` wrote:
He joined a month or so ago; never got announced though


Scarlett coming through with the news!

I wonder why this was not announced? Coca was one of the most promising players before the slip with Byun...

What is this slip with ByuN you speak of?

In one of the korean leagues maybe a year ago or two, Byun had the series lost but Coca gave him the game to go to the last set. CoCa was punished and sent home for a while
"Want some? Go get some!"
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 09 2013 18:43 GMT
#62
On July 10 2013 03:37 packrat386 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:26 Shellshock1122 wrote:
So did they let those other players go to pay for coca?

I'd be surprised if he can command much of a salary these days.


At the same time, team 8 is unsponsored, so there's that.
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 09 2013 18:44 GMT
#63
On July 10 2013 03:40 LiLSighKoh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:28 Saser wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Mootland wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:10 Acer.Scarlett` wrote:
He joined a month or so ago; never got announced though


Scarlett coming through with the news!

I wonder why this was not announced? Coca was one of the most promising players before the slip with Byun...

What is this slip with ByuN you speak of?

In one of the korean leagues maybe a year ago or two, Byun had the series lost but Coca gave him the game to go to the last set. CoCa was punished and sent home for a while

Damn. A surprisingly accurate telling of what happened. I always enjoyed how skewed the retelling of the events usually was :/
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
eScaper-tsunami
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Canada313 Posts
July 09 2013 18:45 GMT
#64
On July 10 2013 03:21 Gorlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:17 Kaizen[7] wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Bagration wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:58 Killmouse wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:55 Kaizen[7] wrote:
Can't blame both Coca and Puzzle for going to KESPA teams when they were so righteously fucked over by the other ESF teams while they were on SlayerS. The practice ban thing was pretty disgusting IMO.

slayers wasnt an esf team just fyi


And that was part of the reason why the eSF tried to prohibit players from practicing with Slayers. It was a very shady move, and when it was reveal, Coach Won of Startale, who was president of eSF, had to apologize and step down. But by then it was already too late, and Slayers was dead. Fucking eSF


Yeah see, WTF! I knew I wasn't fucking stoned. Thank you for confirming.

But yes, I am actually stoned =(

Ok, what I'm saying is that there was some kind of restriction, but the details of it are not clear (i.e. there were interviews in which SlayerS and eSF players thanked each other for helping with practice). I was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge SlayerS fan and when MMA left and then the team was announced to disband, those were incredibly sad days for me. However, I'm not in a rush to completely blame one side, be it eSF for imposing a restriction or SlayerS/Boxer/Jessica for... well I don't want to get into all this again!


Details are clear and facts are facts, Coach Won as a respresentative of eSF did this:

On October 19 2012, StarTale's head coach Won Jong Wook resigned from his position as president of the e-Sports Federation amid a controversy regarding the relationship between the Federation and the recently disbanded team SlayerS. Kim "Jessica" Ga Yeon, manager of the latter organisation, had indeed explained that the members of teams affiliated to the e-Sports Federation were instructed for a period of many months to not practice with SlayerS's players, which was a significant detriment in preparing for tournaments.
RuhRoh is my herO
Taefox
Profile Joined March 2010
1533 Posts
July 09 2013 18:45 GMT
#65
On July 10 2013 03:43 c0ldfusion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:37 packrat386 wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:26 Shellshock1122 wrote:
So did they let those other players go to pay for coca?

I'd be surprised if he can command much of a salary these days.


At the same time, team 8 is unsponsored, so there's that.

T8 is sponsored by KeSPA
@taefoxy
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
July 09 2013 18:46 GMT
#66
On July 10 2013 03:44 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:40 LiLSighKoh wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:28 Saser wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Mootland wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:10 Acer.Scarlett` wrote:
He joined a month or so ago; never got announced though


Scarlett coming through with the news!

I wonder why this was not announced? Coca was one of the most promising players before the slip with Byun...

What is this slip with ByuN you speak of?

In one of the korean leagues maybe a year ago or two, Byun had the series lost but Coca gave him the game to go to the last set. CoCa was punished and sent home for a while

Damn. A surprisingly accurate telling of what happened. I always enjoyed how skewed the retelling of the events usually was :/

Wait, I thought CoCa had bet 1,000,000 eSports dollars on byun to win the match?
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
July 09 2013 18:48 GMT
#67
On July 10 2013 03:46 Gorlin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:44 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:40 LiLSighKoh wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:28 Saser wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Mootland wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:10 Acer.Scarlett` wrote:
He joined a month or so ago; never got announced though


Scarlett coming through with the news!

I wonder why this was not announced? Coca was one of the most promising players before the slip with Byun...

What is this slip with ByuN you speak of?

In one of the korean leagues maybe a year ago or two, Byun had the series lost but Coca gave him the game to go to the last set. CoCa was punished and sent home for a while

Damn. A surprisingly accurate telling of what happened. I always enjoyed how skewed the retelling of the events usually was :/

Wait, I thought CoCa had bet 1,000,000 eSports dollars on byun to win the match?

And there were 8 code A spots and 4 code s spots up for grabs
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
docvoc
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States5491 Posts
July 09 2013 18:48 GMT
#68
I remember CoCa being a monster until that scandal occured. I hope he does well on T8, I know his League Career was really awful, I don't even remember if he was diamond or not.
User was warned for too many mimes.
c0ldfusion
Profile Joined October 2010
United States8293 Posts
July 09 2013 18:49 GMT
#69
On July 10 2013 03:45 Porishan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:43 c0ldfusion wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:37 packrat386 wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:26 Shellshock1122 wrote:
So did they let those other players go to pay for coca?

I'd be surprised if he can command much of a salary these days.


At the same time, team 8 is unsponsored, so there's that.

T8 is sponsored by KeSPA


You know what I meant -_-'
Gorlin
Profile Joined November 2010
United States2753 Posts
July 09 2013 18:53 GMT
#70
On July 10 2013 03:27 Kaizen[7] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:21 Gorlin wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:17 Kaizen[7] wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Bagration wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:58 Killmouse wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:55 Kaizen[7] wrote:
Can't blame both Coca and Puzzle for going to KESPA teams when they were so righteously fucked over by the other ESF teams while they were on SlayerS. The practice ban thing was pretty disgusting IMO.

slayers wasnt an esf team just fyi


And that was part of the reason why the eSF tried to prohibit players from practicing with Slayers. It was a very shady move, and when it was reveal, Coach Won of Startale, who was president of eSF, had to apologize and step down. But by then it was already too late, and Slayers was dead. Fucking eSF


Yeah see, WTF! I knew I wasn't fucking stoned. Thank you for confirming.

But yes, I am actually stoned =(

Ok, what I'm saying is that there was some kind of restriction, but the details of it are not clear (i.e. there were interviews in which SlayerS and eSF players thanked each other for helping with practice). I was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge SlayerS fan and when MMA left and then the team was announced to disband, those were incredibly sad days for me. However, I'm not in a rush to completely blame one side, be it eSF for imposing a restriction or SlayerS/Boxer/Jessica for... well I don't want to get into all this again!


Ah ok gotcha. Touchy issue for you being a huge slayers fan. Don't wanna bring up old emotions n stuff. I totally get that. I'm just suggesting that since a whole lot of former SlayerS members have ended up on KeSPA teams that says something. You know, if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck?

Now, what it says I'm not exactly sure but I think it has to do with them feeling slighted by ESF. That doesn't mean I can place the blame anywhere definitively I'm just saying theres a definite trend with where the former players are heading.

Yeah that's a good point, it definitely suggests that that might be the case.

On July 10 2013 03:45 eScaper-tsunami wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:21 Gorlin wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:17 Kaizen[7] wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Bagration wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:58 Killmouse wrote:
On July 10 2013 02:55 Kaizen[7] wrote:
Can't blame both Coca and Puzzle for going to KESPA teams when they were so righteously fucked over by the other ESF teams while they were on SlayerS. The practice ban thing was pretty disgusting IMO.

slayers wasnt an esf team just fyi


And that was part of the reason why the eSF tried to prohibit players from practicing with Slayers. It was a very shady move, and when it was reveal, Coach Won of Startale, who was president of eSF, had to apologize and step down. But by then it was already too late, and Slayers was dead. Fucking eSF


Yeah see, WTF! I knew I wasn't fucking stoned. Thank you for confirming.

But yes, I am actually stoned =(

Ok, what I'm saying is that there was some kind of restriction, but the details of it are not clear (i.e. there were interviews in which SlayerS and eSF players thanked each other for helping with practice). I was a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge SlayerS fan and when MMA left and then the team was announced to disband, those were incredibly sad days for me. However, I'm not in a rush to completely blame one side, be it eSF for imposing a restriction or SlayerS/Boxer/Jessica for... well I don't want to get into all this again!


Details are clear and facts are facts, Coach Won as a respresentative of eSF did this:


As I already said, it isn't that clearly cut. Back when this happened, I spent hours going through shit and found many instances of players on both sides thanking each other for practice during what was guessed to be the ban period when I was in the midst of pointless, emotionally charged debates. This doesn't mean that there was not a ban, it just means that what actually happened between the teams during those months isn't as straightforward as "they never played games against each other".

Right though, I am going down the wrong road right now, I think it's time I leave this thread! Grats to CoCa!!!!!!
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
July 09 2013 18:55 GMT
#71
On July 10 2013 03:48 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:46 Gorlin wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:44 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:40 LiLSighKoh wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:28 Saser wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Mootland wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:10 Acer.Scarlett` wrote:
He joined a month or so ago; never got announced though


Scarlett coming through with the news!

I wonder why this was not announced? Coca was one of the most promising players before the slip with Byun...

What is this slip with ByuN you speak of?

In one of the korean leagues maybe a year ago or two, Byun had the series lost but Coca gave him the game to go to the last set. CoCa was punished and sent home for a while

Damn. A surprisingly accurate telling of what happened. I always enjoyed how skewed the retelling of the events usually was :/

Wait, I thought CoCa had bet 1,000,000 eSports dollars on byun to win the match?

And there were 8 code A spots and 4 code s spots up for grabs

Problem was that Coca gave Byun a walkover because he had to sneak out of the house to play LoL.
Nuclease
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1049 Posts
July 09 2013 18:57 GMT
#72
I am not a fan of Team 8, but I'm really glad to see CoCa back. I also enjoy that the opinion of him seems to be so high, even after his little cheating scandal with ByuN.
Zealots, not zee-lots. | Never forget, KTViolet, Go)Space. | You will never be as good as By.Flash, and your drops will never be as sick as MMA.
HolyArrow
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7116 Posts
July 09 2013 18:58 GMT
#73
Grats to CoCa and T8!
Fusilero
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United Kingdom50293 Posts
July 09 2013 18:59 GMT
#74
On July 10 2013 03:48 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:46 Gorlin wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:44 Shellshock1122 wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:40 LiLSighKoh wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:28 Saser wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:12 Mootland wrote:
On July 10 2013 03:10 Acer.Scarlett` wrote:
He joined a month or so ago; never got announced though


Scarlett coming through with the news!

I wonder why this was not announced? Coca was one of the most promising players before the slip with Byun...

What is this slip with ByuN you speak of?

In one of the korean leagues maybe a year ago or two, Byun had the series lost but Coca gave him the game to go to the last set. CoCa was punished and sent home for a while

Damn. A surprisingly accurate telling of what happened. I always enjoyed how skewed the retelling of the events usually was :/

Wait, I thought CoCa had bet 1,000,000 eSports dollars on byun to win the match?

And there were 8 code A spots and 4 code s spots up for grabs

Actually it was a direct seed to the WCS grand finals.
Glorious SEA doto
viermalvier
Profile Joined December 2009
Austria115 Posts
July 09 2013 19:09 GMT
#75
if he is able to get in his old shape (or better) its a nice addition. The other 8th guys collecting good individual league results too lately and with JD coming back in 4-5 month (?) they can fight for a stable place in the mid of the bracket.
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
July 09 2013 19:11 GMT
#76
On July 10 2013 03:03 Musicus wrote:
Hm weird after they cut 4 players, but great for him if true!


Yeah that´s what I dont get either O_o Also it seems like he joined the team some weeks ago, which was not announced. Maybe because they kney, that they will discharge some of the players later... And that would look stupid, signing one and releasing four.
Gendo
Profile Joined June 2012
United Kingdom216 Posts
July 09 2013 19:32 GMT
#77
Happy for CoCa, and he came back to SC2 a couple of months ago but left when Slayers disbanded...just saying.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
July 09 2013 19:34 GMT
#78
YES!!!!!!

God, if this is true I'll be so happy.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
July 09 2013 19:35 GMT
#79
awesome :D
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Fragile51
Profile Joined October 2011
Netherlands15767 Posts
July 09 2013 19:35 GMT
#80
On July 10 2013 04:11 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 10 2013 03:03 Musicus wrote:
Hm weird after they cut 4 players, but great for him if true!


Yeah that´s what I dont get either O_o Also it seems like he joined the team some weeks ago, which was not announced. Maybe because they kney, that they will discharge some of the players later... And that would look stupid, signing one and releasing four.


Kicking a bunch of players for underperforming and then signing one that qualified for challenger league is a dumb move now?
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 59m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ViBE110
CosmosSc2 27
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 580
Artosis 516
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever485
League of Legends
JimRising 538
Counter-Strike
minikerr14
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5583
Liquid`Hasu1202
Other Games
summit1g7528
shahzam606
C9.Mang0265
ArmadaUGS70
Trikslyr43
ZombieGrub24
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 138
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
59m
Kung Fu Cup
11h 59m
Stellar Fest
13h 59m
The PondCast
1d 10h
OSC
1d 13h
Stellar Fest
1d 13h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.