• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:15
CEST 05:15
KST 12:15
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7107 users

IdrA signs with eMG - Page 13

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Lobotomist
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1541 Posts
May 25 2013 22:09 GMT
#241
Hope he gets back on the top of his game!
Teching to hive too quickly isn't just a risk: it's an ultrarisk
Zeweig
Profile Joined July 2011
Sweden189 Posts
May 25 2013 22:16 GMT
#242
I hope he gets back into his old self, he seemed kind of born again when he streamed after being fired. Would love to see my old idol win a big tourney
Commentator for Esports Heaven, covering mainly European and Chinese events. I do observing and writing on the side.
dirtydurb82
Profile Joined December 2012
United States178 Posts
May 25 2013 23:14 GMT
#243
I find this interesting, but I'm not sure how this translates to the average fan...
"The only way to grow E-Sports is to tell the truth." -Richard Lewis
Benjamin99
Profile Joined April 2012
4176 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-05-26 00:13:17
May 26 2013 00:10 GMT
#244
Any have thought about the idea that Idra´s first casting gig might be WSC EU since ToD cant cast and ESL need a replacement?
Stephano & Jaedong <-- The Pain Train. Polt and Innovation to EG plz
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
May 26 2013 00:36 GMT
#245
On May 24 2013 05:28 MorroW wrote:
i thought he was going to get tt esports like white ra and tastosis :p

not out of the question
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
kochanfe
Profile Joined July 2011
Micronesia1338 Posts
May 26 2013 00:37 GMT
#246
On May 26 2013 07:16 Zeweig wrote:
I hope he gets back into his old self, he seemed kind of born again when he streamed after being fired. Would love to see my old idol win a big tourney

uh... dude. he retired from pro sc2.
"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long." - Lao Tzu
Phanekim
Profile Joined April 2003
United States777 Posts
May 26 2013 03:32 GMT
#247
at least he made correct move considering casting is an oversaturated field.
i like cheese
lessQQmorePEWPEW
Profile Joined November 2011
Jamaica921 Posts
May 26 2013 03:49 GMT
#248
Reading these idra threads have brought me to one conclusion - the kids got alotta fanboys. incredible how they do not even expect the slightest apology. kid could sleep with their girlfriends and they would grin and bear it.

greg, u have some good fans - do not let them down again.
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly - Bob Marley
diophan
Profile Joined September 2011
United States1018 Posts
May 26 2013 03:53 GMT
#249
On May 26 2013 07:04 coolcor wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 26 2013 03:21 Meow-Meow wrote:
On May 26 2013 02:43 openbox1 wrote:
I'm just curious. It seems SC2 players barely make enough to pay the rent. Event the most successful ones like Stephano cap out at a few hundred k. What money is there to pay agents let alone personalities such as Tasteless, Idra et all.

What is this business based on to afford a Las Vegas office and even a skeleton staff?


You'd be surprised, I think Tasteless and Artosis are seriously balling. There was a figure floating around that they are payed 25k for a three day weekend going together or ~8k for Artosis alone. Plus they have a steady job at GOM and they are immensely valuable for GOM's brand. Irreplaceable, I would say.

Just think how much Artosis must make to have a nice apartment, a girlfriend and a kid in Seoul.
Check out Real Talk with Tasteless, his place looks like a place royalty would reside in.

Don't forget Youtube money, Handsomenerd dimes, and personal sponsorships.


You would see a tasteless movie with idra as the villain right?


Idra need more consistent facial hair to be a reasonable villain.
ConGee
Profile Joined May 2012
318 Posts
May 26 2013 04:10 GMT
#250
On May 26 2013 04:18 TheLunatic wrote:
Lol got idra fan boys flamming me via pm. To answer all your questions no he is not more successful than me. I have a silver star, five army accommodation medals a ranger tab among lesser awards. Finished my service and I'm about to graduate medical school. His gamer accomplishments dont hold a candle to the sacrifices I've made to the country or blood I've made others spill for it. After I will be saving lives of my future patients. My comment simply was intended I have no respect for this his pathetic character. His face should not be part of the scene that represents the community I adore. He should be forced to apologize to the community. It is simply disgusting that any team, company, franchise would support him. I will cast my vote with my wallet as stated before. Also anymore pm's I get in relation to this sorry excuse for a man will be deleted and not read. Also to the "bot" that warned me gtfo, harsher insults fly across all forums than scum bag. Idc if your a fan boy with power, the warning is a literal joke in my book.

User was temp banned for this post.


If someone with your intelligence and reading comprehension can become a doctor, there is something seriously wrong with the accreditation standards of said med school.
Beorning
Profile Joined June 2011
United States243 Posts
May 26 2013 04:24 GMT
#251
what is emg?
MagickMan
Profile Joined March 2011
Australia498 Posts
May 26 2013 04:58 GMT
#252
On May 26 2013 04:18 TheLunatic wrote:
Lol got idra fan boys flamming me via pm. To answer all your questions no he is not more successful than me. I have a silver star, five army accommodation medals a ranger tab among lesser awards. Finished my service and I'm about to graduate medical school. His gamer accomplishments dont hold a candle to the sacrifices I've made to the country or blood I've made others spill for it. After I will be saving lives of my future patients. My comment simply was intended I have no respect for this his pathetic character. His face should not be part of the scene that represents the community I adore. He should be forced to apologize to the community. It is simply disgusting that any team, company, franchise would support him. I will cast my vote with my wallet as stated before. Also anymore pm's I get in relation to this sorry excuse for a man will be deleted and not read. Also to the "bot" that warned me gtfo, harsher insults fly across all forums than scum bag. Idc if your a fan boy with power, the warning is a literal joke in my book.

User was temp banned for this post.


I have a huge penis and everyone on the internet should know about it aswell.
julianto
Profile Joined December 2010
2292 Posts
May 26 2013 05:03 GMT
#253
On May 26 2013 04:18 TheLunatic wrote:
Lol got idra fan boys flamming me via pm. To answer all your questions no he is not more successful than me. I have a silver star, five army accommodation medals a ranger tab among lesser awards. Finished my service and I'm about to graduate medical school. His gamer accomplishments dont hold a candle to the sacrifices I've made to the country or blood I've made others spill for it. After I will be saving lives of my future patients. My comment simply was intended I have no respect for this his pathetic character. His face should not be part of the scene that represents the community I adore. He should be forced to apologize to the community. It is simply disgusting that any team, company, franchise would support him. I will cast my vote with my wallet as stated before. Also anymore pm's I get in relation to this sorry excuse for a man will be deleted and not read. Also to the "bot" that warned me gtfo, harsher insults fly across all forums than scum bag. Idc if your a fan boy with power, the warning is a literal joke in my book.

User was temp banned for this post.

I'm an astronaut and president of an obscure island nation.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
matsushi
Profile Joined December 2010
Philippines65 Posts
May 26 2013 05:18 GMT
#254
Hell yeah Idra! Not even playing competitively and STILL gets signed. Congrats!
Driving this road down to paradise, letting the sunlight into my eyes
matsushi
Profile Joined December 2010
Philippines65 Posts
May 26 2013 05:20 GMT
#255
On May 26 2013 13:24 Beorning wrote:
what is emg?



They're an e-sports management and consulting group, it's on their site haha
Driving this road down to paradise, letting the sunlight into my eyes
matsushi
Profile Joined December 2010
Philippines65 Posts
May 26 2013 05:21 GMT
#256
On May 26 2013 12:32 Phanekim wrote:
at least he made correct move considering casting is an oversaturated field.


Idra would have probably been up there with the likes of Tastosis though, he has insane understanding of the game and is pretty funny and has a great personality as well
Driving this road down to paradise, letting the sunlight into my eyes
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
May 26 2013 05:28 GMT
#257
GL on whatevers next man
Jaedong.
guN-viCe
Profile Joined March 2010
United States687 Posts
May 26 2013 05:40 GMT
#258
I'm skeptical that someone with such rage issues will last as a commentator(if that is in fact what he's doing).
Never give up, never surrender!!! ~~ Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Sagan
oBlade
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States6535 Posts
May 26 2013 07:32 GMT
#259
On May 26 2013 14:40 guN-viCe wrote:
I'm skeptical that someone with such rage issues will last as a commentator(if that is in fact what he's doing).

Have you listened to his past commentary for events?
"I read it. You know how to read, you ignorant fuck?" - Andy Dufresne
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
May 26 2013 07:42 GMT
#260
hmm based on the announcement, I'm still trying to figure out what he does in this new role lol. Best of luck to him and hope he can contribute to the betterment of the community
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Prev 1 11 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 45m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft403
RuFF_SC2 145
Nina 108
-ZergGirl 72
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2258
Bale 17
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 8
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto14
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 431
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox658
Other Games
summit1g8683
JimRising 681
Day[9].tv496
C9.Mang0361
WinterStarcraft279
ViBE179
Maynarde150
Livibee145
Sick123
ArmadaUGS35
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1002
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream166
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 13
• OhrlRock 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv496
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 45m
Stellar Fest
9h 45m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.