• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9363 users

ClarityShuttle Interview: WCS EU Qualification

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
April 20 2013 01:00 GMT
#1
[image loading]

WCS EU has been very well defended by Europe's finest in their qualifiers, a big congratulations to Happy, Dayshi, Feast, Bunny, KrasS and Strelok. Unfortunately that streak ended yesterday at the hands of our incredible Terran player Seongjin "cShuttle" Choi! We would like to congratulate Korea's first qualified player in WCS Europe and Clarity Gaming's second player overall in WCS worldwide (cKiller received an invite to WCS NA).

Shuttle is currently living and practicing at the Clarity Gaming Training Facility, New York and I had an opportunity to talk to him about his victory!


An interview with (T)cShuttle:
Congratulations on making it into WCS EU Premier League! You’ve finally earned your spot after four long qualifiers! How do you feel about your performance today?

I am extremely ecstatic because this is the first ever qualifier that I was able to win since the start of my Starcraft II progaming career.

First off, you are a Korean progamer living and practicing in North America, and yet you’re participating in WCS Europe. What made you choose EU over NA or KR?

I was originally planning to choose NA as my region because of my current living situation. However, due to the sudden increase in competition in NA due to the influx of Korean progamers, I decided that choosing EU would be a better fit for me.


You had to go through all four qualifiers before you finally earned your seed. What’s your opinion on having best-of-one (Bo1) series in such an important qualifier like WCS? Were you nervous going into the final day?

It is so easy to lose and feel empty afterwards in a best-of-one series because you only get one chance. I was not particularly nervous during the games. The only time that I ever felt nervous was towards the end of the game against TargA due to the excitement from the fact that I was so close to winning the qualifier.

You came extremely close in the 3rd WCS EU Qualifier losing out 2-0 to KrasS in the Semi-Finals. Was that a series you were expecting to win? How did you feel after the series being so close to grabbing a spot in the Premier League?

I met KrasS multiple times on ladder and I have never lost to him, so I was very upset with myself because I lost to the all-in strategies both games. I was even more stressed out by the fact that there was now only one qualifier left after that.

You showed a dominating series of performances today, finishing off all of your opponents 2-0. You are now the first and only Korean to make it through the qualifiers for WCS EU Season 1. Was the competition harder than you expected? Did you predict anyone would make it through that didn’t?

It was not the competition but the latency that was the problem since I was playing from Clarity Gaming team house in NA. If I had lived in EU without any latency, I think I would have won a qualifier earlier. Even though a lot of people expected the Korean players to qualify, I thought that they would have a hard time qualifying due to the latency.

The WCS has undergone several changes since last year which have been subject to considerable heated discussion. What are your thoughts on Blizzard’s new approach to WCS, is there anything you particularly like or dislike?

I did not care about the system or rule changes because I only had one goal in my mind: to get through the qualifier. I am a strong believer that as long as I try hard and practice, good things (results) will follow. So I only practiced. My only dislike about the changes is the decrease in the prize pool for the winners and the runner-ups. I also personally think that foreigners would be extremely disappointed at the participation of the Koreans at their regional qualifiers.

Now that you’ve qualified, what are your goals for this season of WCS?

I will work and practice hard to show good results.

Thank you very much for taking the time to talk with me this evening and congratulations again on earning your seed in the Premier League for WCS EU! Do you have any shout-outs/thank-you’s to make or want to say anything to your fans?

First of all, I would like to thank my Skype family for being supportive of each other. I also want to thank my team, Clarity Gaming, my teammates, and especially Brandon for helping me focus on the game. I want to give a huge shout-out to a friend Young-Hoon Jo, who has always believed in my potential since I started my progaming career. I also want to thank all the fans for the support and the love.



[image loading]

Twitter: @ClarityShuttle

Stream: Twitch.tv/MentalKing


Follow Clarity Gaming:
Twitter: @Clarity_Gaming
Facebook: Facebook.com/ClarityGaming
Website: ClarityGaming.com
Twitch: Twitch.tv/Clarity_Gaming
YouTube: YouTube.com/ClarityGamingsc2


[image loading]
@wintersc2
mYiKane
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Canada1772 Posts
April 20 2013 01:08 GMT
#2
MA BOOOOOOY SHUTTLE!
monk
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States8477 Posts
April 20 2013 01:11 GMT
#3
Poo, I wanted to do a Shuttle interview. There goes that.
Moderator
InsidiA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1169 Posts
April 20 2013 01:16 GMT
#4
Gogo Shuttle! :D
GraphicsInsidiA | StarCraft 2 Manager for Team eLevate | Graphic Designer for Red Bull eSports & HTC | @iamjasonpun
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 01:18:26
April 20 2013 01:18 GMT
#5
I must say Clarity Gaming content has been really good.
Thanks for the interview!
Moderatorlickypiddy
AGIANTSMURF
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States1232 Posts
April 20 2013 01:29 GMT
#6
On April 20 2013 10:11 monk wrote:
Poo, I wanted to do a Shuttle interview. There goes that.


you can interview shuttle AND killer on sunday
Thats "Grand-Master" SMURF to you.....
pwnz0r
Profile Joined August 2010
United States123 Posts
April 20 2013 01:32 GMT
#7
"I will work and practice hard to show good results." Never saw that one coming.
fabiano
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
Brazil4644 Posts
April 20 2013 01:43 GMT
#8
phew... i thought it was the BW Shuttle for a sec
"When the geyser died, a probe came out" - SirJolt
uberism
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada271 Posts
April 20 2013 01:50 GMT
#9
Gogo Shuttle!

How good is shuttle's english?
Inimic
Profile Joined March 2013
Canada153 Posts
April 20 2013 02:12 GMT
#10
Shuttle's a boss
chadissilent
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada1187 Posts
April 20 2013 02:17 GMT
#11
On April 20 2013 10:50 uberism wrote:
Gogo Shuttle!

How good is shuttle's english?

He says it's "bad" but has no problem conversing with us on Skype all the time and in person with the boys at the house. He, MotoK and JookTo all drastically improved their English while at the house.
AyaaLa
Profile Joined February 2012
Spain629 Posts
April 20 2013 03:20 GMT
#12
Shuttle fighting!!!
i balance whine all the time.
SaroVati
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada280 Posts
April 20 2013 06:59 GMT
#13
He wanted TvP practice before his Ro32 matches and told me to do specific builds, and I got destroyed I regained faith in myself when he destroyed the protoss's he played afterwards 2-0 though :D Shuttle fighting!
Joedaddy
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States1948 Posts
April 20 2013 07:06 GMT
#14
This guy is crazy good! I'm looking for him to make some serious waves this year.

Thx for the interview =D
I might be the minority on TL, but TL is the minority everywhere else.
Spoink
Profile Joined December 2012
Austria150 Posts
April 20 2013 09:54 GMT
#15
Thanks for the Interview!

Shuttle fighting!!!!!!!!!!
Serimek
Profile Joined August 2011
France2274 Posts
April 20 2013 10:32 GMT
#16
cShuttle wrote:
I was originally planning to choose NA as my region because of my current living situation. However, due to the sudden increase in competition in NA due to the influx of Korean progamers, I decided that choosing EU would be a better fit for me.


Understandable, but quite sad...
SC2 is the best game to watch and was the best to play before I grew old and slow...
fezvez
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
France3021 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-20 11:18:24
April 20 2013 11:17 GMT
#17
Even though I am happy for Shuttle, his talk about latency is bullshit.

In my place (California), and with a far-from-optimal connection, I can play on EU with nearly no lag (I suspect that my ping is between 50-150 ms)

I agree that KR-EU is horrible, but NA-EU is absolutely playable.
Siphonn
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States298 Posts
April 20 2013 14:59 GMT
#18
On April 20 2013 20:17 fezvez wrote:
Even though I am happy for Shuttle, his talk about latency is bullshit.

In my place (California), and with a far-from-optimal connection, I can play on EU with nearly no lag (I suspect that my ping is between 50-150 ms)

I agree that KR-EU is horrible, but NA-EU is absolutely playable.


Of course more often than not, NA -> EU is extremely playable. Other times, it is really noticeable latency. I am on the east coast and have really good internet, but I still have upwards of 250 ping. It mostly depends on what time of the day you play I have noticed, and a lot of other things factor into it as well. It could have very well been one of those times for Shuttle.
KaiserKieran
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States615 Posts
April 20 2013 15:05 GMT
#19
Mental king is just too good.
InsidiA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Canada1169 Posts
April 20 2013 15:07 GMT
#20
On April 20 2013 20:17 fezvez wrote:
Even though I am happy for Shuttle, his talk about latency is bullshit.

In my place (California), and with a far-from-optimal connection, I can play on EU with nearly no lag (I suspect that my ping is between 50-150 ms)

I agree that KR-EU is horrible, but NA-EU is absolutely playable.

Yea he noted that sometimes it's fine, but was talking about how some times it was almost unplayable and this is off interview.
GraphicsInsidiA | StarCraft 2 Manager for Team eLevate | Graphic Designer for Red Bull eSports & HTC | @iamjasonpun
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
TaKeTV 51
RotterdaM0
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 383
ProTech145
TKL 74
UpATreeSC 68
Codebar 35
Rex 33
BRAT_OK 6
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 1303
Shuttle 1114
EffOrt 514
ggaemo 336
Mini 329
Stork 265
firebathero 200
Light 181
Dewaltoss 103
Rush 102
[ Show more ]
Barracks 85
910 75
Zeus 56
sorry 56
Killer 53
Mong 45
Shine 44
Hyun 43
Shinee 42
Bale 23
ToSsGirL 23
soO 22
Aegong 21
Sexy 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Trap 12
Sacsri 10
yabsab 9
zelot 7
Dota 2
qojqva4311
Dendi1946
BananaSlamJamma432
LuMiX0
Counter-Strike
Fnx 712
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes592
Other Games
singsing2073
Liquid`RaSZi2040
hiko1196
B2W.Neo1021
Liquid`VortiX238
Sick170
ArmadaUGS155
Trikslyr43
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream518
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile130
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2263
• TFBlade759
Other Games
• WagamamaTV242
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
17h 55m
Afreeca Starleague
17h 55m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.