• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:04
CEST 19:04
KST 02:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5994 users

NaNiwa joins the Alliance along with no tidehunter - Page 22

Forum Index > SC2 General
452 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
April 13 2013 18:54 GMT
#421
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 19:09:09
April 13 2013 19:08 GMT
#422
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?
Acertos
Profile Joined February 2012
France852 Posts
April 13 2013 19:29 GMT
#423
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.
Jeka
Profile Joined May 2010
United States61 Posts
April 13 2013 20:22 GMT
#424
Good sponsor, good player. I have high hopes for this new team
"The God of War hates those who hesitate."
Adreme
Profile Joined June 2011
United States5574 Posts
April 13 2013 20:33 GMT
#425
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.


WCS basically cut out a massive chunk the GSL talent to the point where I would say WCS grand finals might just have the very best because it will be all GSL talent so itll be a mini code S.
zachMEISTER
Profile Joined December 2010
United States625 Posts
April 13 2013 20:45 GMT
#426
On April 14 2013 05:33 Adreme wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.


WCS basically cut out a massive chunk the GSL talent to the point where I would say WCS grand finals might just have the very best because it will be all GSL talent so itll be a mini code S.


More like a, massive Code-S that was made available for everyone to compete in. They mimicked the GSL format, making everyone feel like they're playing GSL!
psillypsybic!
obesechicken13
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States10467 Posts
April 13 2013 21:01 GMT
#427
On April 13 2013 04:50 DarkPlasmaBall wrote:
I'm more interested on whether or not this "team" is affiliated with EG

Best of luck to Naniwa!

Happy post birthday!
I think in our modern age technology has evolved to become more addictive. The things that don't give us pleasure aren't used as much. Work was never meant to be fun, but doing it makes us happier in the long run.
Mohdoo
Profile Joined August 2007
United States15743 Posts
April 13 2013 21:03 GMT
#428
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


If you don't understand the idea of rooting for similarity, I don't know what to say. Try to convince people watching the Olympics that they shouldn't be cheering for their country or rooting against the country that tends to win an event. Look at the NBA, NFL, everything. Rooting for the team corresponding to your region is so common that it blows my mind when people act confused.
Blargh
Profile Joined September 2010
United States2103 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-13 21:16:18
April 13 2013 21:12 GMT
#429
Mohdoo, the funny thing about NBA/NFL/etc. is that all of the players from those teams are actually from OUT OF THE STATE they are playing for. It's such a silly concept. But, people don't seem to mind that all of the players they are rooting for on "their team" are not actually related in any way to "their town". That's what blows my mind!

While the Olympics is cool to see how good different countries perform, I always want the better player to win, which happens a lot in races and whatnot, but does not always in team sports. Looking at Chess... Let's say there is a Russian versus a Norwegian. Pretending I'm from Russia... would I want Magnus Carlsen (NOR) to win because he's obviously a better player or would I want Aleksey Dreev (RUS) to win? I'd probably root for Aleksey, but I also wouldn't be upset if he lost because I know Magnus is better. (But SC2 often fails to reflect skill and so it is quite often that a less talented player beats a more talented player)

I root for Naniwa to win because I like him and his playstyle and I like seeing a foreigner actually do well. But when he gets beat by Life or Innovation or someone like that, I wouldn't really be that bothered because I know Innovation is a better and more skilled player.
HiTeK532
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada171 Posts
April 13 2013 21:37 GMT
#430
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.

When 6/12 GSL champions who combined won 12/18 of the GSL's aren't going to play in Korea It's hardly an open and shut case that the best players are in GSL anymore.
I play games not girls
FromShouri
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
United States862 Posts
April 13 2013 22:09 GMT
#431
On April 14 2013 06:03 Mohdoo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


If you don't understand the idea of rooting for similarity, I don't know what to say. Try to convince people watching the Olympics that they shouldn't be cheering for their country or rooting against the country that tends to win an event. Look at the NBA, NFL, everything. Rooting for the team corresponding to your region is so common that it blows my mind when people act confused.

Thats cute too bad that has nothing to do with his or my statement
Limited Edition, lets do some simple addition, $50 for a T-Shirt is just some ignorant bitch shit.
Chanted
Profile Blog Joined August 2007
Norway1001 Posts
April 13 2013 22:20 GMT
#432
gl Naniwa, hope this team works out for you
stjartrov
Profile Joined August 2012
Sweden81 Posts
April 13 2013 22:32 GMT
#433
On April 14 2013 06:37 HiTeK532 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.

When 6/12 GSL champions who combined won 12/18 of the GSL's aren't going to play in Korea It's hardly an open and shut case that the best players are in GSL anymore.

Consider the fact that being a former champion doesn't mean that you're currently part of the best players in the world.
They are not in Code S nor A.
For now, I think the best will be in WCS KR. Or at least it will be the best way to determine the best player.
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
April 13 2013 22:49 GMT
#434
A few current Code A players are dropping out of GSL, but WCS KR is still by far the toughest region.
Lorch
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany3711 Posts
April 13 2013 22:58 GMT
#435
On April 14 2013 06:37 HiTeK532 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.

When 6/12 GSL champions who combined won 12/18 of the GSL's aren't going to play in Korea It's hardly an open and shut case that the best players are in GSL anymore.


You really honestly believe that having mc/mvp in one league with 3 other koreans who aren't even that good, and a hole bunch of foreigners (who lets be honest are still shit at this game with the exception of nani/hano/grubby for eu) beats 200+ koreans who are all as good or better then said foreigners trying to even qualify for wcs kr? Even though nestea/mvp/mc won 12/18 gsls, they are still just 3 players, and they don't change the fact that eu/na will have a huge huge amount of players who are worse than almost any code b korean.
Cyrak
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada536 Posts
April 13 2013 23:08 GMT
#436
On April 14 2013 06:37 HiTeK532 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.

When 6/12 GSL champions who combined won 12/18 of the GSL's aren't going to play in Korea It's hardly an open and shut case that the best players are in GSL anymore.


I guess I will take your word for it and ignore the results of the past 12 months. JK, I won't. Games change and former champions give way to new ones. I would love a more expansive, evidence supported argument for why GSL's claim to have the best players isn't an "open and shut case."
Fortune favors the prepared mind.
Assirra
Profile Joined August 2010
Belgium4169 Posts
April 14 2013 02:54 GMT
#437
On April 14 2013 06:37 HiTeK532 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.

When 6/12 GSL champions who combined won 12/18 of the GSL's aren't going to play in Korea It's hardly an open and shut case that the best players are in GSL anymore.

As much as i love Nestea and Mvp, they are not the best anymore. They fell out of for a reason. When we see Flash or Life going to the other WCS's, then we can start worrying.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
April 14 2013 07:59 GMT
#438
On April 14 2013 06:37 HiTeK532 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 14 2013 04:29 Acertos wrote:
On April 14 2013 04:08 Blargh wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:54 FromShouri wrote:
On April 14 2013 03:29 HeeroFX wrote:
On April 14 2013 02:49 MoiraineTV wrote:
Why do people want nice things for a douche like naniwa?



Because he works super hard and is actually harder on himself when he loses than the critics could be. He actually wants to beat koreans, he doesn't fear them.


So like 90% of the population? Am I in the minority that doesn't care what country someone is from, but is just gonna do everything they can in their power to just win the game? I mean I would play korean BW servers and I played in the korean ladder at WOL release and got plat before I started focusing on the NA server because I could actually talk to people in something beyond broken english/google translate korean.

Maybe I took ICCUP for granted because I use to look down on people who weren't korean, till I ran into a ton of non-koreans that could kick my ass. It was kind of a reality check, I guess.


Most people want to get 1st place. Naniwa wants to be the best. ^_^
Honestly though, I think Naniwa is in between wanting to be the very best and trying to get good results. He's obviously going to attend WCS EU instead of trying to work his way up through WCS KR (for the prestige of WCS KR). But, the WCS Grand Finals are supposed to represent the "VERY BEST" players, even more so than WCS KR, right?

No, the very best will always be GSL.
Blizzard knows it and this championship is meant to give equal chances to every scene.

When 6/12 GSL champions who combined won 12/18 of the GSL's aren't going to play in Korea It's hardly an open and shut case that the best players are in GSL anymore.


Winning stuff in the past doesn't mean that you're good now.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
hoby2000
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States918 Posts
April 14 2013 14:55 GMT
#439
On April 12 2013 22:10 hoby2000 wrote:
I'm giving him 5 months before he decides to leave this "alliance."

I'm not trying to be an ass either. I would bet someone $100 he will leave this supposed "alliance" within 5 months. And then he'll hopefully disappear forever from the SC2 scene. Him and IdrA should form an alliance, and they can invite Catz and TT1 and they can be the QQ Crew. They'll never win tournaments because they'll always be complaining about having to play koreans, or that something is over powered, or act like children.

User was temp banned for this post.



I'm going to apologize for my statement after my temp ban,BUT SAY that I wasn't suggesting Naniwa doesn't want to play against the best, and he has proven he can. I was naming characteristics off all of those people together, and not necessarily suggesting that they all share the same ones.

But that ban was totally deserved, and should serve as a warning to others NOT to say anything of the sort on Teamliquid about pro players. I stand by what my statement was suggesting but regret going against Teamliquid's rules.


That being said, I'm interested to see how much this Alliance will help each other, and if more players will be joining the SC2 side of Alliance.
A lesson without pain is meaningless for nothing can be gained without giving something in return.
Atlas247
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada318 Posts
April 14 2013 23:53 GMT
#440
Everyone is getting real worked up about nationality and stuff. This is just the first season guys, Blizzard will listen to the community and do what they think is best. I know WCS seems rushed and probably was, but we just gotta wait it out.
Windex Banana Lampshade
Prev 1 20 21 22 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
16:00
#65
RotterdaM677
TaKeTV 216
IndyStarCraft 131
BRAT_OK 121
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 677
TKL 262
ProTech146
IndyStarCraft 131
BRAT_OK 121
UpATreeSC 75
Rex 47
Codebar 35
MindelVK 13
EmSc Tv 0
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 995
EffOrt 619
Mini 529
firebathero 184
ggaemo 170
Dewaltoss 157
Barracks 69
910 58
Zeus 55
Hyun 51
[ Show more ]
Shine 46
Shinee 36
Killer 32
Bale 30
soO 25
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 20
Trap 17
yabsab 10
Dota 2
qojqva3951
Counter-Strike
Fnx 795
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1269
Liquid`Hasu603
Grubby468
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2482
singsing1880
B2W.Neo679
ceh9490
Beastyqt488
Sick190
ArmadaUGS178
C9.Mang0107
Trikslyr49
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream538
Other Games
BasetradeTV18
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 0
EmSc2Tv 0
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile123
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix14
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2329
• TFBlade904
Other Games
• WagamamaTV834
• Shiphtur130
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
16h 56m
Afreeca Starleague
16h 56m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 6h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 17h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.