• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:01
CEST 09:01
KST 16:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9630 users

Clarity Gaming Introduces Player Academy - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
KiF1rE
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States964 Posts
March 03 2013 05:38 GMT
#61
oh meant to ask this earlier, as in terms of media/staff positions, Have any use for someone that has all the free time in the world that just likes to write, and has no real qualifications? More like is there anything to apply for just to volunteer for something?
suicideyear
Profile Joined December 2012
Ivory Coast3016 Posts
March 03 2013 05:50 GMT
#62
I came here to echo KiF1re's question. I've had a short story published and have written a couple IEM previews for a league of legends site. i think a lot of people don't have much a portfolio, I'd say.
)))____◎◎◎◎█████
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 06:10:32
March 03 2013 06:03 GMT
#63
On March 03 2013 14:38 KiF1rE wrote:
oh meant to ask this earlier, as in terms of media/staff positions, Have any use for someone that has all the free time in the world that just likes to write, and has no real qualifications? More like is there anything to apply for just to volunteer for something?


On March 03 2013 14:50 suicideyear wrote:
I came here to echo KiF1re's question. I've had a short story published and have written a couple IEM previews for a league of legends site. i think a lot of people don't have much a portfolio, I'd say.


Well realistically anyone with or without a resume is still applying for a volunteer position. As far as staff applications go we are looking for anyone and everyone who is interested in working with us in order to gain more experience and further themselves.

So yes, we are interested in writers, casters, video producers, management staff, etc. The reason we are asking for a resume and a cover letter is because I think that if you want to call yourself a professional x, y, or z you damn well better reflect that in your actions and in the content you produce.

Even if you don't have a portfolio, resume, cover letter prepped I would still like to see you submit something in the way of that. For the two of you - writing samples would be great to throw in. But I really want to see the people applying for staff positions actually treating their application like they are applying for a real job. You would never email a potential employer with just "hey, I've never done this before as a job, but I enjoy it as a hobby. I don't really have much to show you that I am good at this." You would email them with a cover letter letting them know why you would be an asset to the organization, with your resume and supporting work to back that up.

So if you really think you're interested in being say a manager but you really don't have any experience (or enough of it) to list into a full resume then try and get creative. Create a captivating cover letter that explains where your management skills helped you somewhere in real life. Send in writing, video, etc samples. Even if it's not a full portfolio. Just do anything you can do to show me you are a innovative thinker and help you stand out from the average person who shoots me a PM saying something like "Hey if you ever need any help with stuff, I would love to be a part of Clarity."

At the end of the day I need to see that you're qualified to handle the tasks I give out without me around to hold your hand. Even though you're working for free, I still expect professional quality out of your work.


Sorry for the long response, but I hope this helps and greatly hope to see some applications from you both!

Edit: The Resume I posted of mine as an example is something I put together in about an hour a couple of weeks ago. I used the very same format as my architecture resume and just focused all of the content to show what I have done and can do as a manager. There is content directly done in SC2 and eSports, and there is also examples of things I have done in 'real life.' I firmly believe anyone is capable of making themselves a portfolio like that even if they don't have formal training, a degree, or SC2 Specific experience.
@wintersc2
Midday
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada59 Posts
March 03 2013 06:20 GMT
#64
At about what ETA do you guys got for the primary and final results?
So, let's go!
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
March 03 2013 06:36 GMT
#65
On March 03 2013 15:20 Midday wrote:
At about what ETA do you guys got for the primary and final results?


Final results of what? The initial accepted applicants? They will be notified Saturday 3/16.

In terms of the final 8 roster - that will be decided following the Final recruitment tournament on 4/13.

For you and other players - I have just sent out an initial response to the 34 of you who have applied today with details and what to expect from here. Those of you who really stand out in your application will be contacted early. Those who are not contacted early will still have time over the month of recruitment tournaments to make themselves more appealing and prove themselves in the tournaments.

I hope that answers your question. :o
@wintersc2
Midday
Profile Joined June 2011
Canada59 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-03 06:46:14
March 03 2013 06:37 GMT
#66
yeah ahah it does, thanks

edit: I wasn't one of the people who already applied, but I just sent it in woop woop woop woop xD
So, let's go!
yawnoC
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3704 Posts
March 03 2013 06:55 GMT
#67
Thank you for making an academy team. I honestly think more of them are needed in the foreign scene.
GG - UNiVeRsE is the best player in the WORLD
oneill12
Profile Joined February 2012
Romania1222 Posts
March 03 2013 14:00 GMT
#68
cool
shorez
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada4 Posts
March 03 2013 16:18 GMT
#69
So excited for this, since the very beginning of clarity I noticed how well things were going and I realized they were going to go far from the start, this is just confirmation that they truly do understand the scene and how things work! I just sent in my application, glhf everyone
you miss 100% of the shots you dont take
Pato
Profile Joined January 2004
Argentina67 Posts
March 03 2013 19:30 GMT
#70
so nice!!! clarity is a boss 8D
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
March 04 2013 01:38 GMT
#71
Thanks again for all of the supportive feedback everyone!
@wintersc2
Torte de Lini
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Germany38463 Posts
March 04 2013 01:43 GMT
#72
Very impressive, very exciting.
https://twitter.com/#!/TorteDeLini (@TorteDeLini)
Ynot_Fighting
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
United States216 Posts
March 04 2013 01:59 GMT
#73
I keep checking my email for that lucky reply saying my was resume noticed and good enough. Have you already started contacting people early?
TheRealNanMan
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States1471 Posts
March 04 2013 03:24 GMT
#74
Really awesome news from Clarity Gaming! Best of luck to everyone who applies I know we'll be covering the academy info on Sc2 Up & Coming

Keep up the great work guys!
Sc2 Caster | Host of Sc2 Up & Coming | The Godfather of Team LXG | Sc2 Historian | Youtube.com/NanMan | Twitch.tv/TheRealNanMan | Twitter.com/TheRealNanMan |
SkaPunk
Profile Joined October 2010
United States471 Posts
March 04 2013 04:19 GMT
#75
You impress me Brandon. GL and may teh cylons be with you.
Team Fallacy
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-03-04 22:36:18
March 04 2013 22:35 GMT
#76
On March 04 2013 10:59 UBERtoSS_hV wrote:
I keep checking my email for that lucky reply saying my was resume noticed and good enough. Have you already started contacting people early?


Did you receive the initial reply email? If so it contained details on what to expect from here on out. We will not be making initial contact to players until this weekend (3/9-11). Everyone will be notified between then and Saturday 3/16 on whether or not they have been accepted.

If you did not receive the initial reply email, please resubmit your application and make sure the address is correct (clarityacademy@gmail.com). Otherwise we do not have your app!
@wintersc2
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
March 05 2013 03:17 GMT
#77
Hey all, just a quick update as I thought this might be beneficial for applicants and those still considering if they want to apply.

This Wednesday 3/6 at 9PM EST I will be interviewed on our weekly show "Spotlight on Clarity." The Academy will be a large focus of the interview. If you would like to tune in to listen we'll be answering some viewer questions at the end. Link to more information here!
@wintersc2
shorez
Profile Joined September 2012
Canada4 Posts
March 05 2013 03:48 GMT
#78
Hey just a quick question here, which I think everyone is also thinking of: what would be the bo format for the final tournament after the first 3 qualifiers? and what will the map pool be?
you miss 100% of the shots you dont take
CrayonSc2
Profile Joined August 2011
United States267 Posts
March 05 2013 03:51 GMT
#79
Is the tournament in WOL or HOTS?
WinterTV
Profile Joined February 2011
United States297 Posts
March 05 2013 04:44 GMT
#80
On March 05 2013 12:48 shorez wrote:
Hey just a quick question here, which I think everyone is also thinking of: what would be the bo format for the final tournament after the first 3 qualifiers? and what will the map pool be?


The tournament will be in HotS as that is what the Academy will be focusing on. That is why we have pushed back the first tournament until 2 weeks past HotS release.

The BO format is listed under the tournament schedule. The final tournament will be BO3 double elimination, just like MLG/IPL. It will probably have a BO5 finals. Map pool and the rest of the details will be released after the application deadline passes and we know how many people are fully accepted.
@wintersc2
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 258
ProTech134
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 273
Dewaltoss 104
Leta 56
sSak 52
Bale 37
NotJumperer 30
ZergMaN 21
Aegong 14
yabsab 8
Icarus 7
[ Show more ]
Noble 7
League of Legends
JimRising 606
Reynor0
Other Games
summit1g10839
Sick197
Nina86
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick809
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream40
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Rush1615
• Stunt473
• Jankos255
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
2h 59m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3h 59m
Monday Night Weeklies
8h 59m
Replay Cast
15h 59m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 2h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 3h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 16h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.