• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:37
CEST 11:37
KST 18:37
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12149 users

[Interview] GSTL NSH vs LG-IM Pre-Season Ro4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-24 18:58:19
February 24 2013 18:44 GMT
#1
(Z)LG-IM_ByuL
(P)SK_MC

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You achieved a 4-1 victory. How do you feel?

MC: I came out with a goal of getting one kill, so I'm glad that I managed to get two. I'm friends with ByuL, so I'm even happier that he managed to finish the match.

ByuL: I feel good that I took my team to the finals. I'll try my best to make sure that we win this tournament.

It's been a long time since the last GSTL. Did you see this result coming?

ByuL: I had a good dream yesterday; I don't remember what it was, but I remember that it was a good one. I had a hunch that I would win because of that.

We've heard that you haven't practiced Heart of the Swarm for that long.

MC: Because our skill level was different, I felt that we would definitely win. From the way things are going, I think it'll be possible for us to win the main GSTL season, too. I'm the least skilled out of our Protosses, and we have lots of cards that we haven't shown yet.

ByuL: There were a lot of Wings of Liberty tournaments, so I couldn't get enough practice; I was only able to play about 100 games. I haven't played enough yet, but I think I've gotten a rough feel for the game.

A lot of people were looking forward to Seed coming out. Why were you chosen as the opener?

MC: Seed-hyung likes to come out last. Unlike me, being an opener doesn't suit him, so I was the one who was sent out.

You took the first set with a powerful strike.

MC: Since my opponent was a rookie with no broadcast experience, I felt I had a large advantage when it came to micro. To be honest, because I haven't played much Heart of the Swarm, that's the only build I feel confident with (laughs). I've felt very withered because of how good my Protoss teammates are [in comparison to me]. But today, I was able to regain my self-confidence and win.

Your Phoenix micro against Tassadar during the third set was somewhat disappointing.

MC: I had too little PvP experience. My fellow Protoss teammates showed me how to handle such a situation after the game ended. I think my ability to deal with the situation was Diamond-level. Even on ladder, I haven't played much PvP.

You wanted to play jjakji. Was this because you were confident that you would win?

MC: I almost never lose against Terran. I felt I would be able to win, so it's a shame that I couldn't face him. Tomorrow, my goal is to face SuperNova-hyung.

When you were sent out, did you think that you would be able to finish the match?

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in ZvP.

During the last set, you kept putting on continuous pressure. At what time did you feel that you would win?

ByuL: When I gained an advantage with my Zerglings and destroyed his structures while he was researching Cloak, I felt that I could win.

Zerg has been the underdog in Heart of the Swarm up to now. What do you personally think of this?

ByuL: After the Hellbat patch, things have become a bit more manageable, but it's still difficult to play in the late game. The late-game Protoss Void Ray-Tempest combination is too tough in particular. It's ridiculous.

As a Protoss user, what do you think about this?

MC: If a Protoss loses a PvZ after 20 minutes have passed, I think that he should give up the game. Even ByuL would have easily lost if his opponent had just gathered up an army. It was thanks to his opponent attacking before that that ByuL was able to win. The ZvP situation has been flipped around from what it was during Wings of Liberty.

You'll face AZUBU in the finals. Do you feel confident?

ByuL: As long as we just watch out for the Terran SuperNova, the Zerg viOlet, and the Protoss San, I think we can manage to win.

MC: I think we can easily win. Tomorrow, I feel like we're just going to pick up that 3 million won. Even though this is the pre-season, I want to bring our team manager a GSTL victory. I'm glad that RagnaroK and ByuL are doing well in the GSTL.

Do you have any last words?

ByuL: I feel really great about ending the match like this (laughs). I want to thank our manager and his wife, and I'm also thankful to our team's sponsors, SteelSeries, Nvidia, Coca-Cola, ASRock, Kingston, Googims Company, and LG Electronics.

MC: Because I had been practicing Wings of Liberty before, I ended up bothering my teammates who were playing Heart of the Swarm. Now that I have the opportunity, I want to tell them that I'm sorry. I also want to send my thanks to ByuL. The team manager's wife has been sick, so I hope that she gets better, and I'm happy that I was able to bring back a victory for our manager. SK and LG-IM may just be partners, but we're working together as if we were one team. I hope everyone enjoys [this match], too. I'm thankful to SK Gaming's director and my manager hyung, as well as to myself (laughs).
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
Dodgin
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada39254 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-02-24 18:52:58
February 24 2013 18:49 GMT
#2
thanks wozzot

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
February 24 2013 18:50 GMT
#3
On February 25 2013 03:44 wozzot wrote:
MC: I think we can easily win. Tomorrow, I feel like we're just going to pick up that 3 million won.


Sounds like they're just going to stop by the studio tomorrow for their pay check
Bagration
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States18282 Posts
February 24 2013 19:07 GMT
#4
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

Show nested quote +
ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o


He can't lose a PvP if he never plays a PvP :p

I've never seen MC lose a ZvZ either haha.
Team Slayers, Axiom-Acer and Vile forever
wozzot
Profile Joined July 2012
United States1227 Posts
February 24 2013 19:13 GMT
#5
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

Show nested quote +
ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o

Pretty obvious that it's supposed to be ZvP. Anyway fixed
(ノ´∀`*)ノ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♪ ♫ (✌゚∀゚)☞ ♪ ♫ ヽ(´ー`)ノ ♫ ♫ (ノ´_ゝ`)ノ彡 ┻━┻
catplanetcatplanet
Profile Blog Joined March 2012
3837 Posts
February 24 2013 19:21 GMT
#6
Thank goodness, they thanked the manager's wife.
I think it's finally time to admit it might not be the year of Pet
Facultyadjutant
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Sweden1876 Posts
February 24 2013 19:24 GMT
#7
So many big sponsors @.@
#1 FAN OF TERRY THE INTERN - NONY AND IDRA NUMBER #1, EVERY DAY. AXIOM MANOR - Axiom: Ryung, Alicia, Heart and Crank under the Don TotalBiscuit and the Donnesa Genna Bain- Join the family http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=396090#2
Sooooil
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany497 Posts
February 24 2013 21:13 GMT
#8
On February 25 2013 04:07 Bagration wrote:

I've never seen MC lose a ZvZ either haha.


MC = next zerg bonjwa?
13JackaL
Profile Joined March 2011
United States577 Posts
February 24 2013 21:16 GMT
#9
On February 25 2013 04:13 wozzot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o

Pretty obvious that it's supposed to be ZvP. Anyway fixed

is it truly that obvious? when did jjakji switch to protoss?
and my axe
TommyP
Profile Joined December 2011
United States6231 Posts
February 24 2013 21:20 GMT
#10
"As a Protoss user, what do you think about this?

MC: If a Protoss loses a PvZ after 20 minutes have passed, I think that he should give up the game."

LOL. Easily my favorite answer of the interview
#TheOneTrueDong
zhurai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States5660 Posts
February 24 2013 21:24 GMT
#11
On February 25 2013 06:16 13JackaL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 04:13 wozzot wrote:
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o

Pretty obvious that it's supposed to be ZvP. Anyway fixed

is it truly that obvious? when did jjakji switch to protoss?

protoss with reapers
Twitter: @zhurai | Site: http://zhurai.com
priestnoob
Profile Joined August 2011
243 Posts
February 24 2013 21:26 GMT
#12
On February 25 2013 06:24 zhurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 06:16 13JackaL wrote:
On February 25 2013 04:13 wozzot wrote:
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o

Pretty obvious that it's supposed to be ZvP. Anyway fixed

is it truly that obvious? when did jjakji switch to protoss?

protoss with reapers


It is obvious Byul said ZvP to mention he was confident vs Tassadar, as he had already talked about his mentality vs Jjakji
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
February 24 2013 21:28 GMT
#13
On February 25 2013 06:24 zhurai wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 06:16 13JackaL wrote:
On February 25 2013 04:13 wozzot wrote:
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o

Pretty obvious that it's supposed to be ZvP. Anyway fixed

is it truly that obvious? when did jjakji switch to protoss?

protoss with reapers


Reaper drops with speed overlords?
mordk
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Chile8385 Posts
February 24 2013 21:30 GMT
#14
Hahaha MC being thankful to himself lol
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
February 24 2013 21:41 GMT
#15
On February 25 2013 06:28 nomyx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 06:24 zhurai wrote:
On February 25 2013 06:16 13JackaL wrote:
On February 25 2013 04:13 wozzot wrote:
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o

Pretty obvious that it's supposed to be ZvP. Anyway fixed

is it truly that obvious? when did jjakji switch to protoss?

protoss with reapers


Reaper drops with speed overlords?


New meta !
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
nomyx
Profile Joined June 2012
United States2205 Posts
February 24 2013 21:45 GMT
#16
On February 25 2013 06:41 ArcticRaven wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 06:28 nomyx wrote:
On February 25 2013 06:24 zhurai wrote:
On February 25 2013 06:16 13JackaL wrote:
On February 25 2013 04:13 wozzot wrote:
On February 25 2013 03:49 Dodgin wrote:
thanks wozzot

ByuL: I did. When I watched jjakji's VODs, I saw that he likes to go for Reapers and chose an appropriate build that I was confident in. I was also certain that I wouldn't lose in PvP.


Byul in PvP? ;o

Pretty obvious that it's supposed to be ZvP. Anyway fixed

is it truly that obvious? when did jjakji switch to protoss?

protoss with reapers


Reaper drops with speed overlords?


New meta !


"Fear the reaper, man." - Protoss Reaver, 1998
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 24 2013 23:50 GMT
#17
thanks for the trans, wozzot
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Kasaraki
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Denmark7115 Posts
February 24 2013 23:56 GMT
#18
Byul and MC look like they could star in a gangster comedy together, or maybe a buddy cop movie. Oh shit, now I really want to see that.
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
February 24 2013 23:56 GMT
#19
Thanks wozzot. Can't wait for the finals tonight. :D And it's so weird seeing MC as the weakest protoss on IM-SK. Not unexpected though, with how stacked the IM protoss lineup is.
Long live the King of Wings
asdfOu
Profile Joined August 2011
United States2089 Posts
February 25 2013 00:00 GMT
#20
yyeye thanks for the translation
rip prime
EnumaAvalon
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Philippines3613 Posts
February 25 2013 00:15 GMT
#21
Great job. Thanks for the trans wozzot!
(._.) ( l: ) ( .-. ) ( :l ) (._.) They see me rolling. They hating.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
February 25 2013 00:17 GMT
#22
Zergs winning left and right. "Ah don't worry ladder is still being tough for us, you will see we are totally underpowered!" I was hoping to see lots of TvTs, but seeing so many Zergies atm. That actually play their heart out and it looks super amazing, while Terran and Toss looks like they are slacking off.
I think it should stay like this. That way Terrans will be able to rest their wrists!
c0sm0naut
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1229 Posts
February 25 2013 00:18 GMT
#23
On February 25 2013 06:20 TommyP wrote:
"As a Protoss user, what do you think about this?

MC: If a Protoss loses a PvZ after 20 minutes have passed, I think that he should give up the game."

LOL. Easily my favorite answer of the interview



MC remains my favorite protos
JJH777
Profile Joined January 2011
United States4420 Posts
February 25 2013 00:24 GMT
#24
On February 25 2013 09:17 FeyFey wrote:
Zergs winning left and right. "Ah don't worry ladder is still being tough for us, you will see we are totally underpowered!" I was hoping to see lots of TvTs, but seeing so many Zergies atm. That actually play their heart out and it looks super amazing, while Terran and Toss looks like they are slacking off.
I think it should stay like this. That way Terrans will be able to rest their wrists!


It's not just ladder look at the MLG showdowns.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
February 25 2013 00:49 GMT
#25
On February 25 2013 09:24 JJH777 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 25 2013 09:17 FeyFey wrote:
Zergs winning left and right. "Ah don't worry ladder is still being tough for us, you will see we are totally underpowered!" I was hoping to see lots of TvTs, but seeing so many Zergies atm. That actually play their heart out and it looks super amazing, while Terran and Toss looks like they are slacking off.
I think it should stay like this. That way Terrans will be able to rest their wrists!

It's not just ladder look at the MLG showdowns.

hardles an accurate representation since we have no idea how much the players have played (and some look like they've played barely any hots)
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 23m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 193
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 764
BeSt 646
Larva 625
Horang2 613
Hyuk 420
soO 410
ZerO 191
Zeus 161
EffOrt 130
Killer 64
[ Show more ]
Rush 59
Shinee 56
Stork 40
Mind 35
Mong 25
PianO 21
Terrorterran 20
Bale 19
ToSsGirL 18
Sacsri 14
HiyA 11
Light 0
Dota 2
XaKoH 630
XcaliburYe312
Counter-Strike
byalli872
Other Games
olofmeister1701
singsing1321
ceh9720
crisheroes210
Livibee185
ArmadaUGS65
Mew2King62
ZerO(Twitch)9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH347
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2288
League of Legends
• Jankos1923
• Stunt392
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
23m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
1h 23m
Monday Night Weeklies
6h 23m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.