• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:21
CEST 05:21
KST 12:21
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8912 users

[Interview] Code S Ro32 Group B 2013 GSL Season 1

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 Next All
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 23:24:11
January 23 2013 22:52 GMT
#1
(P)SK Gaming_MinChul

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

You've finally made it back to the Ro16 of Code S after four seasons. How do you feel?

I wanted to grab the NesTea award but it seems like I always fall down to Code A towards the end of the year. I want to do well again and attempt Code S nine season in a row.

It feels like your performances have really solidified.

I moved into the LG-IM team house and now I can practice a whole lot with Zerg players. Clearly I realize now that things are better than when I used to just practice on my own. I think my new practice regime is having an effect on my performances. ByuL failed to get to the Ro16 yesterday but during practice he is really good. He's so good that I fall behid him. On the other hand, I have a really good win ratio against all the other Zerg players so I am confident since I'm in such good condition.

Has the most recent patch helped you?

Even though the infestor was altered, it is such a good unit that I don't think we should be complaining about it. ByuL is really good at engagements but Curious is not. I don't think he's found a solution yet.

This season, three new maps were added. If you had to evaluate them yourself?

Overall, the maps hurt my eyes. I wish they would care about the eyes of pro gamers and make the maps a little darker. Akilon Flats is a good map for Protosses but I think PvT is difficult. I think Icarus is similar to a map called Polaris Rhapsody. The way I see it, it's going to be really hard to win against Zerg players who are really good. I really think that going to late game stage will be difficult. It's hard to grab a third base on Planet S. I really think Zergs have the advantage for PvZs.

Any specific player or race you want to face for group nominations?

I plan on picking a Protoss. Main reason being that I want to be recognized as the best Protoss player. Of course thing could end up backfiring on me. But then agian, that's a good thing for the opponent player.

What are you anticipating for the next season?

So far, I've always been able to go to the finals at least once a year. For this year, I also want to go to the finals.

Anything else you would like to say?

I am grateful to the LG-IM head coach because he takes care of me as if I was his own player and not a player he has to take care of because of a partnership. I also want to thank his wife because she always cooks so many delicious meals. I am also grateful that I get along so well with the SC2 players and the LoL players. I'm not sure if my mother and my girlfriend watched my match today or not but I want to thank them none the less for always cheering me on. We only have four Protosses remaining in the GSL now. But things are doable now because of the recent patch. I hope the other Protoss players won't give up hope and keep cheering us on. I hope HuK does really well in his group tomorrow. I'm not going to pick HuK during the group nominations. He's my friend. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors, my manager hyung, and the boss.

(Z)StarTale_Curious

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Tell us how you feel about making it to the Ro16 three seasons in a row.

I came to the studio with no expectations of making it through. I am so glad that I was able to get through like this but I think that the getting through the Ro16 will not be a possibility if I perform like I did today so I am worried.

You took a complete loss against MC.

While it's true that MC prepared well, ZvP has become difficult ever since the most recent patch. While it's true that Zergs have been rather OP thanks to infestors, it is also true that utilizing other units besides infestors was really low. This new patch really flustered me. I tried to find all kinds of solutions but in the end, nothing came up for my ZvPs. In fact, I lost so much time trying to prepare for my ZvPs that I wasn't able to properly prepare for my other match ups.

You defeated TY by a score of 2-1 in the losers' round.

Personally, I think I could have shown a much cleaner performance. But since I've been given the opportunity to play in the Ro16, I will use the Ro16 to show an even greater form.

You have group nominations ahead of you. Anyone you want to specifically face?

There is very little chance that I'll actually get to nominate someone but I want to face any other race but Protoss. I would like to grab revenge on all the players who defeated me last season.

You played two games on the new maps. How did you feel about the new maps as you were preparing for them?

For my game on Planet S, I didn't practice as much as I should have compared to KeSPA players so I showed a bad performance. For Akilon Flats, I think it's going to be difficult to win in ZvPs. Overall, I really think the new maps favor Protoss.

With PartinG and Squirtle most recently leaving the team, how is the team's atmosphere?

While it's true that they were good players, their reasons for wanting to leave are personal so their leaving didn't have any influence on the team.

Anything else you would like to say?

I want to thank my teammates for helping me with practice. I also want to thank our sponsors. I will be participating in the group nominations so I am going to do my absolute best to make it entertaining for the fans (laughs).
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
partydude89
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
1850 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 22:57:01
January 23 2013 22:56 GMT
#2
lol at mc. "i dont want to pick Huk, hes my friend"
#1 Official Hack Fan|#2 Bomber behind Wintex.|Curious|Life|Flash|TY|Cure|Maru|sOs|Jin Air Green Wings fighting!|SBENU Fighting!|
MysteryMeat1
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States3292 Posts
January 23 2013 22:57 GMT
#3
AH.... so sweet not picking Huk for RO16. Best of luck to Huk and MC.
"Cause ya know, Style before victory." -The greatest mafia player alive
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
January 23 2013 22:57 GMT
#4
haha.. thanks.. great job MC!!

XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
Corrosive
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3741 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 22:58:34
January 23 2013 22:58 GMT
#5
I'm not going to pick HuK during the group nominations. He's my friend

what a bro

also thanks for the translations seeker
Maruprime.
Laryleprakon
Profile Joined May 2011
New Zealand9496 Posts
January 23 2013 23:01 GMT
#6
MC looking so much better after that LG-IM training :D
eGoRama
Profile Joined July 2011
Bulgaria1542 Posts
January 23 2013 23:01 GMT
#7
Thanks Seeker. MC's move to IM house is apparently very good decision. I hope his PvT is in good shape for the next round, with practice partners as Mvp, Yoda and Happy it should be ok
bittman
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia8759 Posts
January 23 2013 23:05 GMT
#8
Thanks Seeker! <3 MC Go Bosstoss!
Mvp - Leenock - Dongraegu - MC - Gumiho - Keen - Polt - Squirtle - Jjakji - Genius - Seed - Life - sC - Dream || LG-IM - MVP - FXO
LimitSEA
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia9580 Posts
January 23 2013 23:09 GMT
#9
Ahhh I love MC. Looks like living in the LG-IM house is really paying off!

And even MC is thanking the Director and his wife! Those two must really do a lot for the team, everyone seems to appreciate them so much. :D
Long live the King of Wings
shabby
Profile Joined March 2010
Norway6402 Posts
January 23 2013 23:10 GMT
#10
Nice interview. Thank you. Didn't they stop making snowmaps in BW because of the progamers eyes? Interesting to see MC commenting on it.
Jaedong, Gumibear, Leenock, Byun
Alryk
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States2718 Posts
January 23 2013 23:10 GMT
#11
Go MC! And hopefully huk somehow finds his way through
Team Liquid, IM, ViOlet!
JOJOsc2news
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
3000 Posts
January 23 2013 23:10 GMT
#12
Go MC! The bosstoss shall reign once more.

Thanks for the translation Seeker.

Anything else you would like to say?

I am grateful to the LG-IM head coach because he takes care of me as if I was his own player and not a player he has to take care of because of a partnership. I also want to thank his wife because she always cooks so many delicious meals. I am also grateful that I get along so well with the SC2 players and the LoL players. I'm not sure if my mother and my girlfriend watched my match today or not but I want to thank them none the less for always cheering me on. We only have four Protosses remaining in the GSL now. But things are doable now because of the recent patch. I hope the other Protoss players won't give up hope and keep cheering us on. I hope HuK does really well in his group tomorrow. I'm not going to pick HuK during the group nominations. He's my friend. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors, my manager hyung, and the boss.


Her cooking must be outstanding. He's said that multiple times now in different interviews.
✉ Tweets @sc2channel ⌦ Blog: http://www.teamliquid.net/blog/JOJO ⌫ "Arbiterssss... build more arbiterssss." Click 'Profile' for awesome shiro art!
Atrbyg
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
United States513 Posts
January 23 2013 23:11 GMT
#13
MC is looking really good now. Thanks for the interview Seeker.
yokohama
Profile Joined February 2005
United States1116 Posts
January 23 2013 23:11 GMT
#14
Nice to see he has confidence in Huk advancing from his group :D Go go MC!
elfonse
Profile Joined March 2011
416 Posts
January 23 2013 23:12 GMT
#15
On January 24 2013 07:56 partydude89 wrote:
lol at mc. "i dont want to pick Huk, hes my friend"


i feel like if Huk advances tonight also, in group nominations, everyone will use that against MC
adan4real
Profile Joined November 2010
United States78 Posts
January 23 2013 23:15 GMT
#16
MC total bro, his PvZ was on point last night. I hope he goes deep in this Code S. thanks for the translation =D
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
January 23 2013 23:21 GMT
#17
Lol, Huk would probably need MC in his group if he wants to advance
Refer to my post.
StarVe
Profile Joined June 2011
Germany13591 Posts
January 23 2013 23:26 GMT
#18
MC wants to pick a Protoss in group nominations? Chances are he won't have many to choose from.
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 23 2013 23:33 GMT
#19
I plan on picking a Protoss. Main reason being that I want to be recognized as the best Protoss player. Of course thing could end up backfiring on me.


Yep, never had that happen to MC during group nominations before... oh well, happy to see he's confident. Hoping he does well in the ro16 too!

Thanks Seeker.
Flash | Mvp
Daogin
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada2308 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-01-23 23:57:26
January 23 2013 23:57 GMT
#20
Lol protect huk, good job MC sad leenock didnt make it, oh well MC TO WINNNNNN!!!!!!!!

Ty Seeker
Leenoctopus <3, master of foreign events.
1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft449
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta117
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
WinterStarcraft495
PiGStarcraft449
RuFF_SC2 189
SpeCial 57
PiLiPiLi 32
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1338
Hyuk 50
Bale 31
Noble 27
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm184
Counter-Strike
taco 606
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox588
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor652
Other Games
summit1g9848
Coldzera 817
JimRising 483
C9.Mang0318
Sick83
ViBE74
ArmadaUGS35
Liquid`Ken3
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick733
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream93
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 101
• Letter148
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo730
• Stunt253
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
6h 39m
Online Event
7h 39m
FEL
12h 39m
AI Arena Tournament
13h 39m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
15h 39m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 6h
INu's Battles
1d 8h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.