• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:46
CEST 08:46
KST 15:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder BW General Discussion RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8565 users

[Interview] Haypro at Dreamhack W2012

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Vaftrudner
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden1185 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-25 17:53:18
November 24 2012 15:35 GMT
#1
Here's an interview that Rakaka just did with Haypro at Dreamhack Winter 2012 day 3, talking about his retirement, life and the tournament. Below is the link to the original interview in Swedish. I've translated it, it's my first translation so I'm sorry if I've made any mistake.

The interview on Youtube

Source: Rakaka.se

Haypro, what are you up to here at Dreamhack now that you're not playing?

I came here today about half an hour ago and I'm going to cheer for my teammates, especially Hero and Taeja who are still in the round of eight.

Do you still have a lot of contact with your teammates now that you have ended your career?

Yes, I still follow their matches just as much as before, and I also hang out in our team chat, so I try to be just as active except for playing.

We can talk a bit about it now that you have ended your career, to get to the point, what made you stop playing, what was the main reason?

I thought I was getting a bit too old for this, and I didn't feel that I was getting better with the time that I put into the game. I wasn't as motivated so I couldn't put more and more time into the game, it became less and less and it didn't help, it just got worse. Also, the school term was starting again in September, so I thought it was a very good moment to start studying and stop playing.

What are you doing now that you have stopped playing? What do your days look like?

Right now, I'm working on my thesis in mathematics, so mostly I just sit at home writing, going to school like once a week. There's not much happening right now.

Can you sometimes feel that you miss life in Korea and traveling around and things like that?

Yes, absolutely, I miss Korea like every day. I would love to go back and live there, but I need a job and money to do that, so I can't think about that time again.

Lately, it's felt like many of you who were good at the start have stopped playing, Jinro stopped recently, you stopped, Sjow will probably stop too, merz. What are your thoughts on the regrowth in Swedish Starcraft? Do you have a grasp on who will carry it in the future?

Yes, Sweden still has several really good players. Thorzain, Morrow, SortOf come to mind right away. Bischu too, Naniwa, so I don't think there's any danger. That people quit, either one doesn't have the motivation or one think that one's too old, or a combination.

We'll see a game between Thorzain and Taeja now in the first quarter final, a Swede against a Korean, also a teammate, who are you actually cheering for?

I cheer for Taeja 100%, I like Thorzain but he's both EG and against Liquid, so there's no choice.

Who do you think will win it all?

I don't know, Taeja and Hero in the finals, I really hope so, and then it's up to who reads the other one the best.
"Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one." - Day9
AbideWithMe
Profile Joined October 2012
207 Posts
November 24 2012 15:39 GMT
#2
Writing his thesis in Mathematics?! Nice.
""I abused a child today" -Stephano" - nmetasch
mongmong
Profile Joined November 2011
Korea (South)1389 Posts
November 24 2012 15:46 GMT
#3
very nice interview.

Haypro seems to be a very likeable guy
어헣 ↗ 어헣 ↗
SgtCoDFish
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United Kingdom1520 Posts
November 24 2012 15:48 GMT
#4
Ah HayprO <3

I miss his stream
Kfcnoob
Profile Joined January 2011
United States296 Posts
November 24 2012 15:49 GMT
#5
phd or masters??
And Artosis sayeth "the one who kills many, but loses few, comes out ahead."
Vaftrudner
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
Sweden1185 Posts
November 24 2012 15:54 GMT
#6
On November 25 2012 00:49 Kfcnoob wrote:
phd or masters??

Not clear from his word choice in Swedish, but I assume it's a masters.
"Starcraft 2 was designed to have a best race. You play the worst one." - Day9
ReachTheSky
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3294 Posts
November 24 2012 15:54 GMT
#7
BANJOZERRRRRRGG!!!!
Miss Haypro
TL+ Member
TsGBruzze
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Sweden1190 Posts
November 24 2012 15:56 GMT
#8
i miss watching haypro playing
''you got to yolo things up to win''
nebula.
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Sweden1431 Posts
November 24 2012 16:00 GMT
#9
On November 25 2012 00:54 Vaftrudner wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 25 2012 00:49 Kfcnoob wrote:
phd or masters??

Not clear from his word choice in Swedish, but I assume it's a masters.


It's either a bachelor's or a master's, he doesn't say. Not a PhD though
I miss you July ~~~ I was in PonyTales #7 wooho!
ELA
Profile Joined April 2010
Denmark4608 Posts
November 24 2012 16:15 GMT
#10
Miss you in the scene HayprO, hope lifes good for you!
The first link of chain forged, the first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.
AbideWithMe
Profile Joined October 2012
207 Posts
November 24 2012 20:23 GMT
#11
Haypro and Jinro on Stage. Very cool for Haypro as a three times DH Champion.
""I abused a child today" -Stephano" - nmetasch
BigFan
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
TLADT24920 Posts
November 24 2012 20:32 GMT
#12
Thanks for interview. Likely a masters in mathematics. DH finals will be good
Former BW EiC"Watch Bakemonogatari or I will kill you." -Toad, April 18th, 2017
Myt
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany318 Posts
November 25 2012 15:44 GMT
#13
Thanks for the translation. Nice to see that Haypro an Jinro are still conected to the team.
HeeroFX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United States2704 Posts
November 25 2012 16:00 GMT
#14
love how Haypro called the finals lol I always loved his interviews and liked watching him play.
flofff
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden55 Posts
November 25 2012 16:00 GMT
#15
Banjooo :< still hoping for a comeback in my heart.
Cinquedea
Profile Joined July 2012
Canada144 Posts
November 25 2012 18:52 GMT
#16
We miss you Haypro!
Too strange to live, too rare to die.
Mrpopescu
Profile Joined November 2012
Romania20 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-11-25 19:09:05
November 25 2012 19:08 GMT
#17
Haypr and Jinro were good people.Very nice.I would have wanted to see Haypro more in tournaments before he retires.he has that feeling about him that he can pull up something crazy everytime he plays.His streaming was extremly nice too
Da dirty South
RiceAgainst
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States1849 Posts
November 25 2012 19:15 GMT
#18
Haypro's such a nice guy. I was happy and surprised when I saw him and Jinro (along w/ the rest of TL) go up to HerO and TaeJa after HerO won. Hoping for the best for him! GL Haypro~~
GhandiEAGLE
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States20754 Posts
November 25 2012 19:16 GMT
#19
Seeing Haypro again put a sparkle in my eye
Oh, my achin' hands, from rakin' in grands, and breakin' in mic stands
SHOOG
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States1639 Posts
November 25 2012 19:28 GMT
#20
Haypro is so awesome.
He'll always be a fan favorite.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Larva 429
Leta 245
Hyuk 232
Hyun 102
Shinee 31
Hm[arnc] 29
ZergMaN 14
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm226
League of Legends
JimRising 846
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King118
Other Games
summit1g8913
WinterStarcraft507
ArmadaUGS97
Nina63
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick765
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2309
League of Legends
• Rush1379
• Lourlo1112
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3h 14m
INu's Battles
5h 14m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
8h 14m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 14m
BSL Open Qualifier
12h 14m
Replay Cast
16h 14m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 3h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 4h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 16h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.