• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:31
CEST 13:31
KST 20:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9004 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S4 CodeS Semi-finals - Page 4

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
ch33psh33p
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
7650 Posts
October 10 2012 14:29 GMT
#61
On October 10 2012 23:08 Zealously wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 23:04 GoSuChicken wrote:
I feel like Mvp has this, he has much more experience and it seems to my like Life's play is exploitable. That is probably what Mvp is going to do.

GO MVP!!!


I'm afraid I have to dispute this claim. So far, no one has been able to exploit whatever it is that people think is exploitable in Life's play. People in LRs have been talking about how Life will go down when he faces a good player, and now he's beaten (most notably) Seed, MKP and Taeja. I know none of them are Mvp, but I don't think his style is as easy to exploit as people seem to want to think.


This seems awfully familiar, the same argument people put up for Rain.
secret - never again
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
October 10 2012 14:29 GMT
#62
MVP!
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Holytornados
Profile Joined November 2011
United States1022 Posts
October 10 2012 14:29 GMT
#63
MVP for win number 5~~~
CLG/Liquid ~~ youtube.com/reddedgaming
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
October 10 2012 14:34 GMT
#64
I hope Life can put his money where his mouth is one last time

my heart couldn't handle yet another miserable finals outcome
vulture7
Profile Joined October 2010
New Zealand48 Posts
October 10 2012 14:37 GMT
#65
Life's interview sounds so similar to Parting's in GSL 2 that I won't be surprised if the same outcome happens.
Ace1123
Profile Joined September 2011
Philippines1187 Posts
October 10 2012 14:37 GMT
#66
Life is so arrogant, LEts wait and see how mvp trashes him in the finals
ForGG, Mvp, MMA, MarineKing, BoxeR,
Mariella
Profile Joined August 2011
Philippines36 Posts
October 10 2012 14:39 GMT
#67
You know what tends to happen to someone who says he can beat Mvp.
MCDayC
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom14464 Posts
October 10 2012 14:39 GMT
#68
hahahah, Life is a fucking boss, awesome.
VERY FRAGILE, LIKE A BABY PANDA EGG
Paincarnate
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
115 Posts
October 10 2012 14:39 GMT
#69
I'm Curious who it is is that people keep comparing Life to...?
Telcontar
Profile Joined May 2010
United Kingdom16710 Posts
October 10 2012 14:40 GMT
#70
I hope, for Life's sake, that MVP beats him. Being taken down a peg or two will do him some good.
Et Eärello Endorenna utúlien. Sinome maruvan ar Hildinyar tenn' Ambar-metta.
.Wraath
Profile Joined May 2012
United States262 Posts
October 10 2012 14:41 GMT
#71
Im not going to lie, I was almost shocked to see MVP had beaten Rain, but I am sure glad he did!

He represents the ESF players exceptionally well and I wish him the best in the finals.

Also, I think Life will crumble under the pressure. Squirtle will have to give him a lot of guidance if he hopes to succeed.
canikizu
Profile Joined September 2010
4860 Posts
October 10 2012 14:41 GMT
#72
On October 10 2012 23:39 Paincarnate wrote:
I'm Curious who it is is that people keep comparing Life to...?

PartinG.
Norzma
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden160 Posts
October 10 2012 14:41 GMT
#73
Wow Life seems so confident, even slightly cocky ^^

I hope for a great finals!
Grumbels
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Netherlands7032 Posts
October 10 2012 14:45 GMT
#74
I think people cling to their myths a bit too much. Mvp has often said he improvised during series, which shows how perceptive he is, but some frame it as him being good at preparing for some reason.

And Mvp can't practice too much, same for Life. Life also doesn't spend all of his time at the team house as far as I know, Mvp didn't use to, but that may have changed. Yet these two players are in the finals. Why? I think it's talent, not just them spending 14 hours a day in a practice house.
Well, now I tell you, I never seen good come o' goodness yet. Him as strikes first is my fancy; dead men don't bite; them's my views--amen, so be it.
InoyouS2
Profile Joined December 2011
1005 Posts
October 10 2012 14:48 GMT
#75
On October 10 2012 23:39 Paincarnate wrote:
I'm Curious who it is is that people keep comparing Life to...?


Is that capitalisation a mistake or some sort of pun? O_O

Either way; playstyle wise they compare him to July, and player wise they compare him to PartinG (because PartinG was very very cocky before playing against Mvp in S2).
IMMvp|fOrGG|IMNesTea|oGsMC|Liquid`Hero|DongRaeGu|Slayers_MMA|Liquid`TLO|MarineKingPrime|IMSeed
VirgilSC2
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States6151 Posts
October 10 2012 14:49 GMT
#76
On October 10 2012 23:16 Assirra wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 10 2012 23:08 Zealously wrote:
On October 10 2012 23:04 GoSuChicken wrote:
I feel like Mvp has this, he has much more experience and it seems to my like Life's play is exploitable. That is probably what Mvp is going to do.

GO MVP!!!


I'm afraid I have to dispute this claim. So far, no one has been able to exploit whatever it is that people think is exploitable in Life's play. People in LRs have been talking about how Life will go down when he faces a good player, and now he's beaten (most notably) Seed, MKP and Taeja. I know none of them are Mvp, but I don't think his style is as easy to exploit as people seem to want to think.

Don't forget MVP got a whole week of finding holes in Life's playstyle. If there are any whatsoever MVP will find them and abuse the hell out of them in the finals.

Doesn't matter how MVP exploits his holes, they don't call Life the Sex Coma Zerg for no reason.
Clarity Gaming #1 Fan | Avid MTG Grinder | @VirgilSC2
Elite__
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada976 Posts
October 10 2012 14:50 GMT
#77
somehow, someway and despite having an injury, MVP still makes it to the finals. he is amazing.
Wildmoon
Profile Joined December 2011
Thailand4189 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-10-10 14:56:14
October 10 2012 14:55 GMT
#78
On October 10 2012 23:41 .Wraath wrote:
Im not going to lie, I was almost shocked to see MVP had beaten Rain, but I am sure glad he did!

He represents the ESF players exceptionally well and I wish him the best in the finals.

Also, I think Life will crumble under the pressure. Squirtle will have to give him a lot of guidance if he hopes to succeed.


Don't know why people are so surprised about the result. After I watched Rain vs Last, I was quite confident that Mvp would win. I didn't expect it to be this close though.
mikedebo
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4341 Posts
October 10 2012 14:56 GMT
#79
The GSL finals were decided when MVP beat Rain. Life is going to get dismantled by MVP. Unless his words are sheer bravado, his attitude is going to lose him the match. If you have a stylistic way of playing a race, MVP will break you.

I hope he puts up a good fight though He's super entertaining to watch, even when the infestors come out.

I NEED A PHOTOSYNTHESIS! ||| 'airtoss' is an anagram of 'artosis' ||| SANGHOOOOOO ||| "No Korea? No problem. I have internet." -- Stardust
Shinespark
Profile Joined June 2011
Chile843 Posts
October 10 2012 14:58 GMT
#80
Mvp advances, Rain lost and Taeja didn't even win a game. Can this semifinal get more delicious?
"I, for one, welcome our new Korean overlords."
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 30m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko357
SpeCial 109
ProTech108
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16180
firebathero 1888
Bisu 1148
Hyuk 717
Horang2 573
BeSt 287
Larva 227
Mini 212
Light 169
EffOrt 168
[ Show more ]
Soma 137
Leta 95
ZerO 84
Mong 81
Barracks 81
Rush 70
Killer 54
Pusan 50
Snow 48
ToSsGirL 41
Sharp 35
Shinee 34
Mind 33
NaDa 30
Aegong 28
zelot 27
Sexy 25
Bale 21
sorry 20
Sacsri 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Noble 12
JulyZerg 10
Terrorterran 6
Dota 2
XaKoH 358
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss890
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1111
Khaldor1055
Other Games
gofns33880
singsing2021
olofmeister1527
B2W.Neo259
Livibee106
Mew2King83
ArmadaUGS41
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream213
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH145
• StrangeGG 33
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 30m
OSC
10h 30m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 30m
Online Event
23h 30m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.