• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:55
CEST 02:55
KST 09:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released RepMastered™: replay sharing and analyzer site Bot on ladder BW General Discussion BSL Season 23
Tourneys
2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8792 users

[Interview] NSH vs Fnatic 2012 GSTL Season 3

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-09-16 04:59:32
September 15 2012 17:26 GMT
#1
(T)FnaticRC_Rain
(T)FnaticRC_aLive
(Z)FnaticRC_ByuL

[image loading]

Source: This Is Game

Fnatic advanced to Round 2. How do you feel?

(Z)ByuL: Moon hyung went out first but he ended up losing so I felt bothered. But we won like this so I am very happy. We also suffered two losses unexpectedly at the hands of SalvatioN so I was shocked.
(T)Rain: This was my first victory in such a long time that I feel dazed. I'm happy that I won but I wouldn't have been happy if our team had lost. I'm so relieved that our team won.
(T)aLive: When I saw that we were against NSH, I thought we would win easily. I thought this because their roster had taken such a major hit and that they were now missing a ton of great players. We were flustered for a moment because we lost several games to unexpected players but I was able to secure our team's victory so I am joyful.

This was your first GSL victory at MokDong studio in almost two years.

(T)Rain: Whenever I was sent out for GSTL, I just kept on losing. Honestly, there was so much pressure today. But my opponent was a newcomer so I worked hard in order to comfort my mind as I played my game.

You are a GSL finalist. Why have you been unable to return to this scene?

(T)Rain: My skills have decreased significantly and also, I kept losing my confidence with every loss. I especially seem to be unable to play when I play for GSL. There's also this awkward feeling there.

After shining last season, you haven't had much progress since then.

(Z)ByuL: I don't really know why myself. I think I really had no luck. I do really well during practice but when I come out to play for tournaments, I just lose them all. I lose preliminary matches because I am my own enemy.

So today, luck followed you somewhat?

(Z)ByuL: I was thinking that luck was with me today but then I messed up against jjakji and my game went terribly. It was such a shame.

You were sent out as the ace but were you confident?

(T)aLive: I kept thinking that I would be sent out as the ace as we made our way to the studio. But then the map became Whirlwind so I was a little worried. I was worried about what build order I was going to use but luckily I succeeded in scouting him so I won easily.

You guys suffered an all kill at the hands of LG-IM. How did you feel then?

(Z)ByuL: My game was a game where I had it mostly won but I made a critical mistake and allowed the all kill to occur. If I had just ended it there, the all kill would have never happened but I failed to do so so it was a real shame.
(T)Rain: It was a real melancholy day but I knew we had today's match against NSH still to go so I thought it was okay. We had one last chance so we worked really hard.
(T)aLive: That day pissed me off so much. The all kill was frustrating of course but when as I was watching the games, I could tell my teammates were all doing so well. That's why it was even more frustrating. But we had an upcoming match against NSH, so I quickly let go of my anger so I could focus on defeating NSH. The next time we are scheduled against LG-IM, I am going to practice with the mindset of taking them down.

You advanced to the second round and your first opponent will be FXO.

(Z)ByuL: In terms of skills, FXO is a little ahead of us. But we have Oz hyung so I'm not worried that much. He was previously on FXO so I'm pretty sure he'll help us with his knowledge. Oz hyung has done well in his individual leagues so I hope he brings that same spark to our team leagues now.
(T)Rain: In terms of skills, FXO is a little stronger than we are. But if we prepare well we are perfectly capable of facing them.
(T)aLive: Regarding both teams, we have powerful Zerg players. But we're going to have to prepare well ahead of schedule. GuMiho is no problem because I'm here, but Leenock is a point of concern. I'm weak against Leenock so as long as I don't face Leenock, I can knock out everyone else on that FXO roster.

Along with FXO, your group also consists of teams TSL and PRIME. With a group like this, do you think you'll make it to the Ro4?

(T)aLive: Truth be told, out of the four teams, we are probably the weakest. But it's important to prepare well before the match happens. PRIME has a weak Zerg lineup so I'm confident against them. But on the other hand, TSL is going to be really difficult. If we end up facing TSL later on, we're going to have prepare immensely beforehand.

If Fnatic is to win the championship this season, what must get done?

(T)aLive: Practice, practice, practice. Honestly, our team doesn't practice that much. Also, it's important that we practice using scenarios that our opponent team's players will use. If we keep practicing the way we have been doing until now, it's going to be really difficult to get through the second round.
(T)Rain: I feel the same. I really think I'm going to practice a lot more from here on out.
(Z)ByuL: We used to practice a ton in the past but these days those practices have decreased. Now it's time for us to pick up the pace again. If we want the championship, we need to practice, practice, practice.

Anything else you would like to say?

(Z)ByuL: Today, Moon hyung and J hyung lost so I hope they don't feel really down and do much better next time. I was able to get four kills last season against LG-IM but this time I wasn't able to do anything so I can't help but think we were so unfortunate last week. I am so relieved I was able to secure two wins this week. I want to thank our sponsors Raid Call, Steelseries, MSI, EIZO, and Own3d.tv. Lastly, I want to thank coach Kim.
(T)Rain: I want to thank the fans cheering for Fnatic. Lastly, I want to thank coach Kim.
(T)aLive: I want to thank the fans and families for always cheering for us. I want to thank coach Kim for always believing in us. I also want to congratulate our newest manager, Hong Seung Hwan, and also want to let him know that I hope he keeps his word and treats us to something delicious when he gets his first paycheck. Lastly, I want to thank our sponsors Raid Call, Steelseries, MSI, EIZO, and Own3d.tv.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
Darigaz(L)
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States106 Posts
September 15 2012 17:31 GMT
#2
Seeker you are so awesome I have managed to convince my friends in the entertainment industry to make a TV series just about you! http://www.hulu.com/legend-of-the-seeker
Sikly
Profile Joined June 2011
United States413 Posts
September 15 2012 17:33 GMT
#3
Thanks as always Seeker, interesting interview. You can tell the pressure was really on after those first few losses.
MangoMountain
Profile Joined June 2011
Norway2044 Posts
September 15 2012 17:39 GMT
#4
It's hard to imagine Alive being pissed off
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
September 15 2012 17:50 GMT
#5
On September 16 2012 02:31 Darigaz(L) wrote:
Seeker you are so awesome I have managed to convince my friends in the entertainment industry to make a TV series just about you! http://www.hulu.com/legend-of-the-seeker

Lol.

Well played
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 15 2012 18:18 GMT
#6
Rofl, i liked aLive's comments. Specially:

"Regarding both teams, we have powerful Zerg players. But we're going to have to prepare well ahead of schedule. GuMiho is no problem because I'm here, but Leenock is a point of concern. I'm weak against Leenock so as long as I don't face Leenock, I can knock out everyone else on that FXO roster."

Thanks Seeker!
GumBa
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United Kingdom31935 Posts
September 15 2012 18:39 GMT
#7
aLive was cool in this interview quite funny
THX SEEKER!
To all the haters: you deserve to witness many, many more Serral victories, worthy of the godlike player he is.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
September 15 2012 20:18 GMT
#8
guess no one really likes those teams =( few comments here.

i really hope Moon will be Fnatic's ace one day...
Amplify_
Profile Joined November 2011
Sweden39 Posts
September 15 2012 21:17 GMT
#9
One Moon to rule them all!
great interview, realy like byuL.
CCa1ss1e
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada3231 Posts
September 16 2012 02:35 GMT
#10
thnx for this.. great games.. next week will be awesome!!

XD
~ The Ultimate Weapon
StateofReverie
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
United States633 Posts
September 16 2012 03:08 GMT
#11
It is very hard to imagine Alive being pissed off. I guess koreans are good at not showing their emotions in public
IMMoonLight
Profile Joined April 2012
Korea (South)332 Posts
September 16 2012 04:49 GMT
#12
Moon really pratcie less and less than last season....So we don't see his strong coming......
Wish Moon can get his time for SC2....He is too busy...
BathTubNZ
Profile Joined December 2011
New Zealand2556 Posts
September 16 2012 06:02 GMT
#13
Cool, are GSTL interviews new? Thanks!
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
September 16 2012 06:09 GMT
#14
On September 16 2012 12:08 StateofReverie wrote:
It is very hard to imagine Alive being pissed off. I guess koreans are good at not showing their emotions in public


It's hard to imagine Alive at all to be honest.

Invisible Terran is one of the most appropriate nicknames ever.
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
ImmortalTofu
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1254 Posts
September 16 2012 06:11 GMT
#15
WOAH! Is this the J formerly of oGs???
"Friendship ain't a business deal"
Gamegene
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States8308 Posts
September 16 2012 06:14 GMT
#16
On September 16 2012 15:11 ImmortalTofu wrote:
WOAH! Is this the J formerly of oGs???


yes. Luvsic!
Throw on your favorite jacket and you're good to roll. Stroll through the trees and let your miseries go.
IPA
Profile Joined August 2010
United States3206 Posts
September 16 2012 06:18 GMT
#17
"Honestly, our team doesn't practice that much." - aLive

Time held me green and dying though I sang in my chains like the sea.
0-_-
Profile Joined September 2012
4 Posts
September 16 2012 08:14 GMT
#18
On September 16 2012 15:18 IPA wrote:
"Honestly, our team doesn't practice that much." - aLive



I can see that, the players are slumping a lot lately, but always seem to get their motivation back when its GSTL and perform well against similar skilled teams.

I think adding J wasnt a good idea though, hes not GSTL level imo. Instead having RorO on the lineup would be cool.

Fnatic fighting! Best of luck against FXO =)
Darkthorn
Profile Joined September 2010
Romania912 Posts
September 16 2012 08:25 GMT
#19
On September 16 2012 17:14 0-_- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 16 2012 15:18 IPA wrote:
"Honestly, our team doesn't practice that much." - aLive



I can see that, the players are slumping a lot lately, but always seem to get their motivation back when its GSTL and perform well against similar skilled teams.

I think adding J wasnt a good idea though, hes not GSTL level imo. Instead having RorO on the lineup would be cool.

Fnatic fighting! Best of luck against FXO =)

J is in the Fnatic academy for quite a long time now...and how the fuck would they get RorO?
DonGrisu
Profile Joined April 2012
Austria697 Posts
September 16 2012 08:56 GMT
#20
Ty Seeker
Fnatic 4 Ever...!!
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14717
Hyuk 52
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm210
League of Legends
Doublelift4536
Other Games
summit1g8749
FrodaN2702
JimRising 640
PiGStarcraft440
KnowMe182
ViBE130
ArmadaUGS101
Mew2King90
Trikslyr32
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1320
BasetradeTV169
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream124
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• davetesta16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
9h 5m
INu's Battles
11h 5m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
Shopify Rebellion Sundays
14h 5m
MilkiCow vs TBD
Clem vs TBD
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 5m
BSL Open Qualifier
18h 5m
Replay Cast
22h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 10h
Monday Night Weeklies
1d 15h
Replay Cast
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.