• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:08
CEST 16:08
KST 23:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup4StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)66Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2315
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10386 users

Weekly ChoseN/FMA Showmatch

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 19:25:16
July 19 2012 18:01 GMT
#1
[image loading]

This is going to be a $50 weekly showmatch held weekly with the purpose of providing the community with some fun games to watch and to help bring awareness to a good cause and very noble organization. FMA stands for Family Medical Assistance and there is more information below about their organization and cause.

Stream Link:
http://www.twitch.tv/chosensc2

You can help the FMA foundation by clicking HERE.
More information / official site for FMA found HERE.

_____________________________________________________________________


Current Episode:
Episode 3 - 9pm Central on August 22nd, 2012

[image loading]

Previous Episodes:

Episode 2: xSixMkengyn 1 vs ROOTPUck 4+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]


Episode 1: xSixSuppy 4 vs xSixPerfect 2+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]



Statement from Joe Cox, Representative for FMA:+ Show Spoiler +
Firstly, thank you to ChoseN for partnering with FMA to do this. I am happy to announce our partnership.

The FMA Foundation is a non-profit organization that assists families who have had a loved one diagnosed with a terminal illness. We provide financial assistance, transportation, childcare, and more. We believe that no one should have to make the choice of staying at the hospital when a loved one is dying or have to go to work to pay the bills.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Joe "Akuji" Cox
joe.cox@fmafoundation.org
http://fmafoundation.org/aboutus.php
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FamilyMedicalAssistanceFoundation
Twitter: @FMAFoundation1


Statement from xSixChoseN, Check-Six Caster:+ Show Spoiler +
I've had a blast talking with Joe the past couple of weeks about plans to help bring awareness to this cause and at the same time bring some great content to the SC2 community. I hope this will prove to be a success in both areas. Many of us have had a family experience that can relate to what FMA is dedicated to helping so I hope to do my part to help their foundation. I plan to personally donate every week based on viewership and any resources provided to me for the show I will donate to FMA. If anyone has any suggestions or feedback for the show feel free to express it so that we can bring the best possible content.
Regards,
Brad "ROOTChoseN" Erickson


About the Show:+ Show Spoiler +
Show will be hosted by ROOTChoseN on a weekly basis and will have 1 or 2 guest appearances each time. Right now the plan consists of having it be a best of 7 series that has an interview with the winner afterwards. I will keep this thread updated with previous results and videos of previous shows. As it stands right now, the players are playing for a chance to win $50, bring awareness to a cause, and some bragging rights Hope you tune-in and enjoy!
MetalPanda
Profile Joined April 2012
Canada1152 Posts
July 19 2012 18:04 GMT
#2
Pretty funny quotes
Requiem-
Profile Joined October 2011
Uruguay162 Posts
July 19 2012 18:09 GMT
#3
cool
lol at the quotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sup Son
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
July 19 2012 19:42 GMT
#4
This looks awesome I am a huge fan of Suppy and I hope to see him win the 50$ I will definitely watch!
pStar
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
996 Posts
July 19 2012 19:45 GMT
#5
this is an absolutely fantastic cause that's very close to my heart as my family have had an experience where something like the FMA would have helped greatly.

Will tune in, is there anywhere to donate as well?
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
July 19 2012 19:52 GMT
#6
On July 20 2012 04:45 pStar wrote:
this is an absolutely fantastic cause that's very close to my heart as my family have had an experience where something like the FMA would have helped greatly.

Will tune in, is there anywhere to donate as well?


Great question, I'm going to talk with Joe and see if he would like me to refer people to the FMA site to donate or provide a link here. I'll touch base with him right now and figure that out for you guys. I also plan to donate every week based on how many viewers tune-in.
Akuji
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States34 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-19 20:01:04
July 19 2012 19:57 GMT
#7
On July 20 2012 04:45 pStar wrote:
this is an absolutely fantastic cause that's very close to my heart as my family have had an experience where something like the FMA would have helped greatly.

Will tune in, is there anywhere to donate as well?


Yes there is on the main site http://www.fmafoundation.org/index.php# on the top left.

Thank you so much i hope people will learn about what FMA is doing as we are new. I am trying to help grow E sports while helping the terminally ill.
tGFuRy
Profile Joined September 2010
United States537 Posts
July 19 2012 22:38 GMT
#8
Should a be a great show match! Two great under rated players. GL HF! GO SUPPY!
Always a Gamer
89vision
Profile Joined September 2010
United States70 Posts
July 20 2012 19:24 GMT
#9
Will be tuning in!!!
An itch only a deadlift can scratch
KueKue
Profile Joined December 2010
United States36 Posts
July 20 2012 21:45 GMT
#10
Being a recent former teammate of Suppy in VP...Man this guy has improved soo soo much. Also puCK, who I played 2v2's with for awhile back in season 1. They were all still around mid masters and it's so great to finally see them in the highers
-Switch-
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada506 Posts
July 20 2012 21:52 GMT
#11
puck 4-2
xCrux
Profile Joined January 2012
United States2 Posts
July 21 2012 04:59 GMT
#12
Great! Should be a really interesting match. I think Suppy 4-2
Zennith
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States795 Posts
July 21 2012 05:33 GMT
#13
Great job Akuji. I'll definitely take a look.
Sentinel Gaming Competitive Team Manager | 1500+ points Masters Zerg | twitch.tv/zennith6
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
July 22 2012 23:21 GMT
#14
I am rooting for Suppy 4-0
OkeeDokes
Profile Joined December 2011
Canada10 Posts
July 23 2012 00:31 GMT
#15
Go PuCK! :D
Wizrar
Profile Joined June 2012
United States5 Posts
July 23 2012 00:46 GMT
#16
Go Pook!!
Joshie
Profile Joined June 2012
United States4 Posts
July 23 2012 01:00 GMT
#17
Poook!!! Gogo :D
Gogo Pook!!
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
July 23 2012 01:19 GMT
#18
puck not playing?
JD, need I say more? :D
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
July 23 2012 03:06 GMT
#19
He had family issues and couldn't make it, I am going to try and feature him next week if it works out with his schedule next sunday night!
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-28 07:19:09
July 28 2012 07:13 GMT
#20
Very excited to announce Episode 2, a $50 show-match between xSixMkengyn and ROOTPUck. Will be listed in the Team Liquid event tracker and will be taking place @ 9pm Central on Sunday night!

[image loading]
JeromeIsHere
Profile Joined June 2011
United States9 Posts
July 28 2012 16:45 GMT
#21
pumped!
Infinity Gaming --- http://infgaming.net
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
July 28 2012 20:15 GMT
#22
PUck will be there this time!!! I hope he wins!!!
DotAkoN
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada9 Posts
July 28 2012 23:54 GMT
#23
Tune in guy's, casting will be very professional.. also a very nice showmatch!
uberism
Profile Joined January 2011
Canada271 Posts
July 29 2012 18:49 GMT
#24
gogog Mkengyn.
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
July 29 2012 23:50 GMT
#25
Actually even though I love PUck I think I kinda want xSixMkengyn to win cause I am zerg and zerg is boss ;D
NicoLoco
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway159 Posts
July 30 2012 07:53 GMT
#26
On July 29 2012 08:54 DotAkoN wrote:
Tune in guy's, casting will be very professional.. also a very nice showmatch!


Casting will be professional you say? Casting was anything but and sadly made me tune out as soon as the co-caster started talking (or trolling as it mostly was)
If I gave a shit you'd be the first to get it!
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
July 30 2012 21:24 GMT
#27
On July 30 2012 16:53 NicoLoco wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2012 08:54 DotAkoN wrote:
Tune in guy's, casting will be very professional.. also a very nice showmatch!


Casting will be professional you say? Casting was anything but and sadly made me tune out as soon as the co-caster started talking (or trolling as it mostly was)


I make sure and cast very professional. I experiment with different guest co-casters, Alphapromega (who was my guest co-caster for episode 2) had never really cast before and I told him to just have fun with it. So don't blame him for that.

Thanks for the input though, I can keep it more professional from both casters from here on out if that's what people want. I thought it might be good to have one person who is serious / professional (my style of casting) and one person who is having fun and is laid back (my co-caster). Maybe that's not the best approach though ^^

For Episode 3 I plan on having dSeleCt play vs a xSix member, should be a fun episode.
NicoLoco
Profile Joined December 2010
Norway159 Posts
July 31 2012 11:07 GMT
#28
On July 31 2012 06:24 ChosenSC2 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2012 16:53 NicoLoco wrote:
On July 29 2012 08:54 DotAkoN wrote:
Tune in guy's, casting will be very professional.. also a very nice showmatch!


Casting will be professional you say? Casting was anything but and sadly made me tune out as soon as the co-caster started talking (or trolling as it mostly was)


I make sure and cast very professional. I experiment with different guest co-casters, Alphapromega (who was my guest co-caster for episode 2) had never really cast before and I told him to just have fun with it. So don't blame him for that.

Thanks for the input though, I can keep it more professional from both casters from here on out if that's what people want. I thought it might be good to have one person who is serious / professional (my style of casting) and one person who is having fun and is laid back (my co-caster). Maybe that's not the best approach though ^^

For Episode 3 I plan on having dSeleCt play vs a xSix member, should be a fun episode.

I don't mind some banter or even jokes, but when the casting is biased and trying to be more funny than one actually is it becomes - at least for me - a situation where I can't watch without facepalming. That being said you were doing a good job and I could notice that you were having problems with some of the things your co-caster said.
If I gave a shit you'd be the first to get it!
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-21 19:33:14
August 21 2012 19:32 GMT
#29
I'm excited to announce that I am now ready to start this up again. With xSix disbanding things needed some time to sort themselves out but now I am ready to resume this show on weekly basis! Should be a blast to see two ROOT gamers who are really on the rise in the last couple months go at it!

[image loading]
HamzasSister
Profile Joined February 2011
United States26 Posts
August 21 2012 20:41 GMT
#30
As a previous NMx player I am ROOTing for MaSa ! GOGOGOG 4-0
absolutionsc
Profile Joined October 2010
United States146 Posts
August 23 2012 04:49 GMT
#31
Are the results for these posted somewhere?
ChosenBrad1322
Profile Joined April 2012
United States562 Posts
August 23 2012 08:37 GMT
#32
On August 23 2012 13:49 absolutionsc wrote:
Are the results for these posted somewhere?


MaSa vs PUck was tied 2-2 and was a great series but then PUck's internet starting going out every game and he disconnected / was lagging every game. So we had to substitute a different player for PUck and ViBE was who we substituted to finish out the series.

MaSa ended up 2-0ing ViBE to win the $50. Was a fun show though, thanks to MrLlama for casting with me and thanks to all who tuned-in. Looking forward to doing the next show sometime next week after MLG!

I will post replays / the VOD of the show as well tomorrow hopefully if I get time before / after work <3
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 294
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SHIN 294
mouzHeroMarine 260
ProTech144
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 40478
Bisu 2915
Shuttle 1668
Hyuk 1610
Mini 717
EffOrt 656
Larva 450
Soma 324
firebathero 239
ZerO 208
[ Show more ]
hero 130
Last 98
Zeus 69
Pusan 54
Sexy 54
Killer 53
Hyun 53
Trap 37
Mong 36
Bale 36
Hm[arnc] 30
ToSsGirL 27
Aegong 25
PianO 25
sorry 24
zelot 16
Rock 13
yabsab 13
Noble 12
Sacsri 9
JulyZerg 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6855
qojqva1545
Dendi976
Counter-Strike
fl0m1237
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1287
crisheroes1020
Liquid`Hasu476
Lowko420
Other Games
gofns43565
singsing2616
B2W.Neo1364
DeMusliM272
Livibee175
Hui .146
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS84
Mew2King83
KnowMe31
elazer27
CosmosSc2 22
ZerO(Twitch)14
Beastyqt1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream70
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Michael_bg 12
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 6731
League of Legends
• Jankos1901
Other Games
• WagamamaTV200
Upcoming Events
FEL
1h 52m
AI Arena Tournament
2h 52m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4h 52m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
19h 52m
INu's Battles
21h 52m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 4h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 19h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 20h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.