• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:41
CEST 14:41
KST 21:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8261 users

[interview] 2012 GSL S3 CodeS RO32 Group F Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Normal
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
June 21 2012 10:59 GMT
#1
TSLSymbol

[image loading]

+ Show Spoiler [Interview] +

This is your first time advancing to ro16

It’s great. I was really disappointed with my performance at MLG. So I became determined to win in GSL and worked hard.

How far did you expect yourself to go at MLG?

I thought I would get third at least. Then, I lost to my team mate Inori which was very disappointing.

You lost your Code S debut match. How did that make you feel?

I know it’s an excuse but I got to the studio barely in time so I only had 10 minutes to get ready. I wasn’t warmed up yet and wasn’t in the best state of mind. I made the worst decisions possible in the games.

This broke your 10 win streak. Do you regret that?

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t. However, I paid no attention to that during the games. It’s fine since I have plenty of opportunities to win from now on. I won’t focus on things like win streaks once I’m at the studio.

In Set 2 against Parting, you showcased the 211 food strategy for the first time in an official match

It’s a common tactic that Zergs use when they practice. I use this strategy when I go infestor/broodlord against Protoss. I think this is the first time this strategy was used with ultralisks. I do think that it works better with broodlords. But I hate practising that build. It takes too long to get to so I looked for another build to use and came up with this. I’m sure Protosses will find an answer to it but until then, I’ll keep it in my arsenal of builds.

In Set 3, you used neural parasite

I found that immortals, colossi and archons are strong against ultralisks. However, those units are slow so neural parasite works well against them. That’s the reason I used it. It’s better than using fungal growth alone.

Did you expect to face MarineKing in the winner’s match?

Since Zerg is so strong lately, I thought there was a 50% chance. Yugioh took Set 1 so I thought he’d be the one advancing but MKP was really good.

In Set 1 of the winner’s match, you won despite losing your lair to a drop

I expected that drop after seeing the medivacs. But I still took damage and the game became difficult to win. The key was having spread the creep far and not losing any drones. This allowed for a quick recovery.

MKP did a double proxy rax and you countered with 1 base roach play. Was this planned?

No. I went for that build because MKP doesn’t tend to scout. He didn’t scout against Yugioh. Then, seeing the SCV walk into my base made me think my build was ruined until I saw the marines following that SCV. I’ve never experienced this situation before so I wasn’t sure who was ahead. I think I had the upper hand because my opponent did a double proxy rax build.

You have group nominations in ro16. Do you want ac certain group or match up?

I want a 1 Z 3 T group. There’s the patch and I like ZvT. ZvT is my best match up so having 3 Terrans will be good for me. However, I don’t mind the other match ups.
There isn’t anyone I want to face in particular but having said that, Genius eliminated me in my Code A debut match once. If I had to pick, I would choose him.

Terrans will be avoiding you now that you’re on such a roll

Not necessarily. I’m still the same player as ever.

What do you think when people say that Symbol is a player of many styles?

I’m not one to focus on a single style. It makes you susceptible to counters and you become easy to analyse. I want keep following the metagame and be a very all-round player.

With your reverse all kill in GSTL, people call you the Nephalem (T/N: ?) Zerg. Do you play Diablo 3?

I’ve never played Diablo 3. I don’t know what Nephalem is so I looked it up but I’m still not sure. I like it though. Sounds like it has a good meaning.

Your goal for your Code S debut?

It was originally ro8 but I did badly at MLG so I want to go to the finals in GSL.

Anything to add?

I want to thank the coach first of all. Today, the coach’s mother in law cooked a meal for us and gave me some pork. I think that pork gave me energy to win tonight.
I want to thank Cyrano who helped me practise. I practised with him only and worked him really hard so I’ll treat him to something tasty when I get back.
I want to thank my sponsors N-Keyboard and the Handsome Nerd and Gom TV. Lastly, I promise to show good games in ro16 so I ask that many people cheer for me.


Source: ThisisGame
Translator
Eee
Profile Joined August 2011
Sweden2712 Posts
June 21 2012 11:01 GMT
#2
thank you storywriter!
Acronysis
Profile Joined November 2011
872 Posts
June 21 2012 11:02 GMT
#3
Yayyy! Thanks for the interview =) Always looking out for these threads
The multiplying villanies of man do swarm upon him.
storywriter
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia528 Posts
June 21 2012 11:03 GMT
#4
i know there are a lot of interviews that I haven't translated yet but I'm still not feeling my best and this week is the busiest week of this semester so bear with me. I will translate them all eventually.

Starting next week, I'll be FREE to enjoy GSL and SC2 all I want
Translator
torm3ntin
Profile Joined October 2009
Brazil2534 Posts
June 21 2012 11:09 GMT
#5
Thank you storywriter. Was looking foward for this interviews. Wanna see what MKP has to say about his games against symbol and parting haha. Love u for doing this translations
Grubby and Ret fan, but a TERRAN player :D
ArcticRaven
Profile Joined August 2011
France1406 Posts
June 21 2012 11:10 GMT
#6
Something to point is that Symbol 1 base roach'd MKP in the Iron Squid ro8 too looking forward to the rematch
[Govie] Wierd shit, on a 6 game AP winning streak with KOTL in the trench. I searched gandalf quotes and spammed them all game long, trenchwarfare247, whateva it takes!
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
June 21 2012 11:17 GMT
#7
is pork the new zerg bonjwa?
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
pdd
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Australia9933 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-21 11:22:39
June 21 2012 11:19 GMT
#8
I thought you had forsaken us after your illness. Haha. Glad you're back and (hopefully) well again.

EDIT: And Nephalem = the first humans (mortals) in Diablo lore.
TI4 Champions: EE-Sama | B7-God | A-God_2000 | Kappa Lord | pieliedie
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
June 21 2012 11:37 GMT
#9
Thanks a lot storywriter <3 I like the stories you write =)
flowmer
Profile Joined March 2012
21 Posts
June 21 2012 11:43 GMT
#10
Thanks for the interviews as always. And don't feel pressured to translate if you're not feeling well or gotta focus on school. Happy studies!
AxionSteel
Profile Joined January 2011
United States7754 Posts
June 21 2012 11:48 GMT
#11
Everyone needs to start eating Pork I think
Hiea
Profile Joined March 2012
Denmark1538 Posts
June 21 2012 12:00 GMT
#12
On June 21 2012 20:19 pdd wrote:
I thought you had forsaken us after your illness. Haha. Glad you're back and (hopefully) well again.

EDIT: And Nephalem = the first humans (mortals) in Diablo lore.



The Nephalem was also said to be the most powerful being in Diablo lore, more powerful than Angels and Demons, hence the reason they called Symbol Nephalem, because he was so powerful.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
June 21 2012 12:04 GMT
#13
oh god i wanna eat some pork now
leveller
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Sweden1840 Posts
June 21 2012 12:07 GMT
#14
Well done to player and interviewer Cool that he is sponsored by the handsome nerd, any other players who are?
Wrathsc2
Profile Joined March 2011
United States2025 Posts
June 21 2012 12:09 GMT
#15
cant wait for the mkp interview thanks SW
A marine walks into a bar and asks, "Wheres the counter?"
bgx
Profile Joined August 2010
Poland6595 Posts
June 21 2012 12:10 GMT
#16
On June 21 2012 20:17 opterown wrote:
is pork the new zerg bonjwaNephalem?

Stork[gm]
Masq
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
Canada1792 Posts
June 21 2012 12:32 GMT
#17
On June 21 2012 21:00 Hiea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2012 20:19 pdd wrote:
I thought you had forsaken us after your illness. Haha. Glad you're back and (hopefully) well again.

EDIT: And Nephalem = the first humans (mortals) in Diablo lore.



The Nephalem was also said to be the most powerful being in Diablo lore, more powerful than Angels and Demons, hence the reason they called Symbol Nephalem, because he was so powerful.



nephalem was the love child of both angel and demons
Nevuk
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States16280 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-06-21 13:23:05
June 21 2012 13:09 GMT
#18
On June 21 2012 21:32 Masq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2012 21:00 Hiea wrote:
On June 21 2012 20:19 pdd wrote:
I thought you had forsaken us after your illness. Haha. Glad you're back and (hopefully) well again.

EDIT: And Nephalem = the first humans (mortals) in Diablo lore.



The Nephalem was also said to be the most powerful being in Diablo lore, more powerful than Angels and Demons, hence the reason they called Symbol Nephalem, because he was so powerful.



nephalem was the love child of both angel and demons

Not exactly. Angel and human if you take a literal interpretation of verse. Bunch of other theories too :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nephilim


Anything specific about that race is apocryphal. Some people translate the term as "giant".

edit:
edit : For context Goliath was a descendent of the Anakim who were descendants of the Nephilim. So he's several generations smaller than a normal nephilim.
The land, through which we have gone to spy it out, is a land that devours its inhabitants, and all the people that we saw in it are of great height. And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them.


I doubt that Korean interviewers meant this when they asked it though, the diablo 3 explanation is much more likely, as it's a really obscure part of judeo-christian mythology that I only know because I'm an atheist and have debated way too many Christians in my life.
dragonborn
Profile Joined January 2012
4781 Posts
June 21 2012 14:45 GMT
#19
thanks for the translation :D

i like his nick name "Nephalem" :D
ramask2
Profile Joined June 2011
Thailand1024 Posts
June 21 2012 14:51 GMT
#20
In Diablo, you also get Nephalem perks for slaying elites in a row, with a maximum of 5 stacks at a time. I think that's one of the reason for the nickname, since he did all-kill 5 members of IM.
AsymptoticClimax
Profile Joined May 2012
United Kingdom249 Posts
June 21 2012 15:14 GMT
#21
haha symbols is aka the Nephalem?
i wish my motherboard would find a fatherboard so i could have anotherboard
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 1061
WardiTV654
OGKoka 264
Rex142
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 353
OGKoka 264
Rex 142
ProTech122
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2208
Horang2 1534
Larva 1314
Shuttle 1151
EffOrt 649
BeSt 495
Soma 465
Mini 304
Hyuk 239
Stork 220
[ Show more ]
Light 201
ZerO 184
ggaemo 131
Rush 117
Zeus 116
Killer 78
Barracks 70
Hyun 70
Sea.KH 49
Shine 48
ToSsGirL 33
Bale 28
Shinee 27
Yoon 25
Mong 23
Aegong 23
sorry 21
PianO 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 14
Sacsri 14
soO 13
Sexy 12
zelot 11
HiyA 9
Noble 8
Icarus 6
yabsab 5
Dota 2
Dendi1539
qojqva1222
BananaSlamJamma250
LuMiX1
Counter-Strike
x6flipin553
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes339
Other Games
singsing2198
olofmeister1659
B2W.Neo594
hiko543
Lowko421
Sick257
XaKoH 215
Pyrionflax160
ArmadaUGS86
Mew2King39
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream546
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH290
• StrangeGG 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2278
Other Games
• WagamamaTV232
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 19m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 19m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 19m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.