• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:54
CEST 14:54
KST 21:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8209 users

Match Making Rating Tool - Page 173

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 207 Next
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-20 14:48:02
November 20 2013 14:46 GMT
#3441
[double post]
Kratos13
Profile Joined November 2013
United States12 Posts
November 22 2013 05:53 GMT
#3442
I can't get my sc2gears to run :/ I tried plugging in the MMR thing and everything but everytime I try to open sc2gears it wont open. My OS is Windows 7
How mod are you?
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
November 22 2013 09:39 GMT
#3443
On November 22 2013 14:53 Kratos13 wrote:
I can't get my sc2gears to run :/ I tried plugging in the MMR thing and everything but everytime I try to open sc2gears it wont open. My OS is Windows 7


So you have some kind of sc2gears setup problem? Sc2gears requires Java 7. Make sure you have installed it. Java is available from http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

Make sure you have write rights in all sc2gears folders. If you don't have (e.g. you installed it under 'program files'), then you need to run it in administration mode.

More instructions how to setup Sc2gears can be found from its website: https://sites.google.com/site/sc2gears/

Also remember that the MMR plugin requires that the auto-save feature of Sc2gears has been enabled & configured correctly.
jsp
Profile Joined November 2013
United States2 Posts
November 22 2013 11:05 GMT
#3444
The version number isn't bumped in the 10.0 release. It still shows 9.6
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
November 22 2013 11:09 GMT
#3445
On November 22 2013 20:05 jsp wrote:
The version number isn't bumped in the 10.0 release. It still shows 9.6

It is changed to 10.0 as supposed to. Are you sure you have updated the tool?

Also quite sure tell is also the new filters at the bottom bar (these were not available in 9.6). Such as different markers & sub-graph selection. These are described more thoroughly in original post.

jsp
Profile Joined November 2013
United States2 Posts
November 23 2013 07:09 GMT
#3446
On November 22 2013 20:09 korona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 20:05 jsp wrote:
The version number isn't bumped in the 10.0 release. It still shows 9.6

It is changed to 10.0 as supposed to. Are you sure you have updated the tool?

Also quite sure tell is also the new filters at the bottom bar (these were not available in 9.6). Such as different markers & sub-graph selection. These are described more thoroughly in original post.




I was checking the xml file to make sure I updated to the latest version. The release date is 11/3, but the version is still 9.6

korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-23 08:29:45
November 23 2013 08:00 GMT
#3447
On November 23 2013 16:09 jsp wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 22 2013 20:09 korona wrote:
On November 22 2013 20:05 jsp wrote:
The version number isn't bumped in the 10.0 release. It still shows 9.6

It is changed to 10.0 as supposed to. Are you sure you have updated the tool?

Also quite sure tell is also the new filters at the bottom bar (these were not available in 9.6). Such as different markers & sub-graph selection. These are described more thoroughly in original post.


I was checking the xml file to make sure I updated to the latest version. The release date is 11/3, but the version is still 9.6

Oh, I seem to have only updated the date on the XML file. I wonder if I have accidentally pressed undo before saving that file. But good news is that version number in the XML file does not matter as it is not used for anything except what is shown in sc2gears plugin manager.

You can always check what the internal version of the tool is by opening the 'log' from the top toolbar. In the beginning of the 'main log' the internal version number is shown.


Edit: It seems Blizzard has changed the web profiles little bit. They have at least re-added season numbers back. This is good as API was not often in sync with web profiles in the start of the season. The MMR tool parser seems unaffected by the changes (it primarily uses season number from the web page. If it not available, then it tries to read it from the API).

Shadowed of sc2ranks had noticed the changes first: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=20281154
shenlong
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
219 Posts
November 24 2013 01:05 GMT
#3448
hey guy i'm having a problem, it keep saying that "Needs a game with better data 0/9" i don't see a error message, do i have to play more games for this to start working? pls help
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
November 24 2013 07:58 GMT
#3449
On November 24 2013 10:05 shenlong wrote:
hey guy i'm having a problem, it keep saying that "Needs a game with better data 0/9" i don't see a error message, do i have to play more games for this to start working? pls help

Correct. MMR cannot be reliably calculated from all matches. Read more info e.g. from http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334561&currentpage=162#3226

Play more games and it time you will get a 'good game' from which your MMR is determined.
donjoe
Profile Joined November 2013
2 Posts
November 24 2013 14:04 GMT
#3450
I've downloaded SC2Gears v14.3.2 and the MMRPlugin v9.6, put the latter in the Plugins folder, have it showing up as compatible, but when I try to Enable it I just get 3 new empty windows (for plugin config and help and stuff) and the whole SC2Gears interface remains pretty much frozen: I can't close the new windows (though I can move them around) or the main program window and all I'm left with is to terminate the process forcefully. This is on Linux. What do I do to diagnose/fix this?
THF
Profile Joined August 2011
United Kingdom20 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-25 14:59:36
November 25 2013 14:59 GMT
#3451
On November 24 2013 23:04 donjoe wrote:
I've downloaded SC2Gears v14.3.2 and the MMRPlugin v9.6, put the latter in the Plugins folder, have it showing up as compatible, but when I try to Enable it I just get 3 new empty windows (for plugin config and help and stuff) and the whole SC2Gears interface remains pretty much frozen: I can't close the new windows (though I can move them around) or the main program window and all I'm left with is to terminate the process forcefully. This is on Linux. What do I do to diagnose/fix this?


Install sc2gears under wine. You'll need windows java too.
donjoe
Profile Joined November 2013
2 Posts
November 25 2013 20:42 GMT
#3452
Tried it, but I can't even get it to start like that - it says it can't create the Java Virtual Machine because it doesn't have enough memory (LOL, 2 GiB of RAM should be enough).

Anyway, I don't see what I'm supposed to gain that way. SC2Gears is a Java program and Linux has its own Java JRE (and I do have it installed) - that's what I use to launch SC2Gears and that part works. My problem is with enabling the MMR plugin, not with starting SC2Gears itself.
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
November 25 2013 21:01 GMT
#3453
On November 26 2013 05:42 donjoe wrote:
Tried it, but I can't even get it to start like that - it says it can't create the Java Virtual Machine because it doesn't have enough memory (LOL, 2 GiB of RAM should be enough).

Anyway, I don't see what I'm supposed to gain that way. SC2Gears is a Java program and Linux has its own Java JRE (and I do have it installed) - that's what I use to launch SC2Gears and that part works. My problem is with enabling the MMR plugin, not with starting SC2Gears itself.

Actually you gain from running it under wine. Then game launch detection & memory reader will work. If you run it directly under Linux, the game launch detection does not work (it uses windows registry). And memory reader (only windows support) is only launched if game launch is detected & user has enabled it.

But as I do not have Linux setup available, I cannot test what the problem is. First make sure you have write rights under all sc2gears directories when running it. Second make sure you have the latest version of the MMR tool (version 10.0, it is incorrectly marked as 9.6 in sc2gears plugin manager. The actual 9.6 cannot anymore fetch DB file from MMR tool server, because certain part of the code stopped working after Oracle released recent update to JVM. That code was replaced in 10.0). Third if it is possible to open 'View system messages' from the 'Help' menu of sc2gears check if there are MMR tool related exceptions (If the MMR tool crashes the reason is likely listed there).
shenlong
Profile Blog Joined June 2006
219 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-25 21:45:50
November 25 2013 21:43 GMT
#3454
On November 24 2013 16:58 korona wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 24 2013 10:05 shenlong wrote:
hey guy i'm having a problem, it keep saying that "Needs a game with better data 0/9" i don't see a error message, do i have to play more games for this to start working? pls help

Correct. MMR cannot be reliably calculated from all matches. Read more info e.g. from http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334561&currentpage=162#3226

Play more games and it time you will get a 'good game' from which your MMR is determined.


Thank you so much for the feedback Korona!

You were right, it works perfectly fine now!

fried_rice
Profile Blog Joined July 2013
198 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-26 09:19:16
November 26 2013 09:11 GMT
#3455
So the current mininum-MMR for Master League shows up as 1360 (off of "good" games), I did break this number on a couple of occasions and just now I beat an opponent of 1560 MMR, which once again put me above 1360, yet still no promotion.

Are these league boundaries accurate at all for the current season? Or I have to be consistently above 1360 to be promoted?

Also what is the "autocorrect" function for? I don't quite get what it's supposed to do.

Other than that, thanks for your awesome work korona.
corydoras
Profile Joined November 2013
161 Posts
November 26 2013 09:35 GMT
#3456
I'm a silver on EU trying to reach gold in these troubled ladder times About two weeks my MMR according to the tool reached 500+. After a couple of days, the same measurements (i.e. the same dots on the chart) show values that are smaller by about 50. I do not have any screenshots to compare the charts, unfortunately. This is not a result of MMR decay, because 1) this season I did not have breaks longer than 3-4 days b) the trend of my MMR is actually upward. Is this a result of getting more "good games" so the results plotted on the chart are actually being recalculated retroactively? Or am I missing something?
Adun toridas!
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-26 10:30:18
November 26 2013 10:05 GMT
#3457
On November 26 2013 18:11 fried_rice wrote:
So the current mininum-MMR for Master League shows up as 1360 (off of "good" games), I did break this number on a couple of occasions and just now I beat an opponent of 1560 MMR, which once again put me above 1360, yet still no promotion.

Are these league boundaries accurate at all for the current season? Or I have to be consistently above 1360 to be promoted?

Also what is the "autocorrect" function for? I don't quite get what it's supposed to do.

Other than that, thanks for your awesome work korona.

Calculations from 'good games' have a certain error margin that is visible in the 'Analyse log'. Also results from losses often give slightly higher values than results from wins (the actual value is often likely somewhere between).

Also even if it seems there was no offset changes between last & this season I have not yet confirmed it via calculations. The most user graphs seemed fine thought also regarding promotions (--> at least no larger changes). If you hover near the promotion line (several good games), you are likely very close to be promoted.

If 'autocorrect' is on and there is some changes in the graph that are much larger than the error margin, the tool can automatically 'fix' it in some cases (considers some of the games bad). It does not change the data though. If you disable it, those jumps will once again be shown in the graph. I personally prefer to keep it off, as I am then able to notice values that are due potential data errors.
On November 26 2013 18:35 corydoras wrote:
I'm a silver on EU trying to reach gold in these troubled ladder times About two weeks my MMR according to the tool reached 500+. After a couple of days, the same measurements (i.e. the same dots on the chart) show values that are smaller by about 50. I do not have any screenshots to compare the charts, unfortunately. This is not a result of MMR decay, because 1) this season I did not have breaks longer than 3-4 days b) the trend of my MMR is actually upward. Is this a result of getting more "good games" so the results plotted on the chart are actually being recalculated retroactively? Or am I missing something?

Your MMR cannot be calculated reliably from all games. When you play a new 'good game' (a game from which the MMR can be calculated), it adjusts all preceding estimate games in the graph.

For example if uppercase X and Y are 'good games', then the affected estimate games are shown in lowercase x & y (Note that 'Y' is the last 'good game' you have played):

xxxxxxXyyyyyyYyyyyyy


Also note that if you have enabled fine-tune from the settings (it is enabled by default), it fine-tunes the values in range of the error margins. To see which games are 'good games' you can either hover your mouse over the 'match dots' or switch following setting on: 'Config' > 'Data' > 'Mark assumptions / bad games'.

MMR values for the estimate games are only estimates based on the 'good games' (typical MMR change for a match which is +16 for a win and -16 for a loss is applied to them). The estimates are often quite accurate too, even if lots of matches might have passed since last 'good game', but can also be somewhat inaccurate (e.g. like the 50 points transition you noticed when new 'good game' was played). And if you have missing games (not recorded) in between of estimate games, the estimate error increases.
corydoras
Profile Joined November 2013
161 Posts
November 26 2013 10:29 GMT
#3458
On November 26 2013 19:05 korona wrote:
Your MMR cannot be calculated reliably from all games. When you play a new 'good game' (a game from which the MMR can be calculated), it adjusts all preceding estimate games in the graph.

For example if uppercase X and Y are 'good games', then the affected estimate games are shown in lowercase x & y (Note that 'Y' is the last 'good game' you have played):

xxxxxxXyyyyyyYyyyyyy



Thanks! It turns out I underestimated your tool. Now I know it's even better I thought good games were affecting only future estimates. Eh, and I thought I was so close to the magic number between silver and gold. My wife is going to kill me if I keep laddering every evening...


Adun toridas!
Mahavishnu
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada396 Posts
November 27 2013 23:06 GMT
#3459
Does the mmr estimation often need 50 games? Or is this rare. May there be a configuration error? jw
everything is gravity
korona
Profile Joined October 2009
1098 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-27 23:30:10
November 27 2013 23:26 GMT
#3460
On November 28 2013 08:06 Mahavishnu wrote:
Does the mmr estimation often need 50 games? Or is this rare. May there be a configuration error? jw

Sometimes if you are in such MMR range (low range of your league), where most of your opponents are capped (and you are consistent so your MMR does not drop enough to face uncapped opponents from lower league nor increase enough to face uncapped opponents from your league).

I think I found your profile. Based on it you also have memory reader also enabled. You just need to play more and hope to get uncapped opponent. But when you move to such range that you get a 'good game', you are likely to get several of them.

Read more: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=334561&currentpage=162#3226
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 175 207 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
11:00
2026 Week 25
CosmosSc2 2
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech141
Rex 109
CosmosSc2 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 48166
Hyuk 1432
Jaedong 809
EffOrt 462
Soma 426
Horang2 386
Soulkey 380
actioN 339
BeSt 335
Mini 318
[ Show more ]
Light 270
Last 267
Zeus 259
Stork 237
910 184
Larva 171
ggaemo 146
Snow 124
Rush 112
ZerO 92
Pusan 83
Killer 81
Mind 67
Shine 53
JYJ 44
Sharp 43
Creator 43
Shinee 36
hero 32
Free 31
Bale 26
Yoon 24
ToSsGirL 21
yabsab 16
HiyA 15
Noble 14
Terrorterran 14
Sacsri 8
sorry 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc8737
Dendi642
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1577
markeloff247
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1652
crisheroes1063
Other Games
gofns40932
singsing2048
B2W.Neo703
hiko368
XBOCT334
Pyrionflax273
byalli264
DeMusliM254
Mew2King88
ArmadaUGS87
QueenE16
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1719
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream136
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH338
• StrangeGG 40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1666
Other Games
• WagamamaTV192
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
6m
Rex109
IntoTheiNu 47
The PondCast
21h 6m
OSC
1d
Stellar Fest
1d
OSC
1d 11h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.