• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:49
CEST 14:49
KST 21:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)65Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Klaucher discontinued / in-game color settings BW General Discussion BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 12738 users

Korea/Taiwan Practice: Partners, Clans, Teams

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
kAelle_sc
Profile Joined April 2011
287 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-12 15:47:47
February 12 2012 15:45 GMT
#1
Hello everyone! I'm a foreigner Zerg player who started playing on the Korea/Taiwan server last December.

I've really been motivated by these threads http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?topic_id=307176 and http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=292871 and Mind Gym, the book that IdrA read and had a huge part in him winning IEM after that and having really high tourney finishes after that. Here in TL I see so many threads where there are 1v1 practice groups, clans, teams, and partners that have so many people who are willing to practice and looking to improve their game. But most, if not all, of these practice groups are based in NA and EU. I was wondering: are there also practice groups in KR?

I know there are foreigners in KR and not just the pros, from what I've seen from the threads I've read about getting a KR/TW account. There is a channel "teamliquid" but most of the players there are high diamond and masters, and since i'm only mid-gold there, I don't know if it's right to ask them since it might not be worthwhile practice for them since i'm just gold.

I'm really looking to improving my game. I go to school, I usually get 4+ hours of practice on weekdays and I can play the whole day on weekends if I'm not busy with schoolwork or family or friends. I've been laddering the whole time during my practice sessions but I don't think this is the best way to practice. It'd be great if like to have whole sessions dedicated to a single MU and during that sessions many GSL/MLG maps would be used, we'll work on different parts of the game like multitasking, micro, decision making, the skillsets, like in real sports. eSports, StarCraft <3 thanks everyone! hwaiting~

tl;dr gold player looking for practice group/partners/teams/clans in Korea/Taiwan server looking to improve and dedicated practice willing to help out others also improve their game.
It's all about the journey, not the outcome.
WaZ
Profile Joined December 2010
United States108 Posts
February 12 2012 15:56 GMT
#2
at your level the best thing you can do is try to find a "family" there but even still unless you can speak korean it will be tough to get practice otherwise you can just talk to the people youre matching in ladder alot of koreans like foreigners and could help you out
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
February 12 2012 16:07 GMT
#3
I'm a Gold Terran that lives in Korea, you can message me but I've had luck asking people who've beaten me. You might not be able to speak Korean, but you can just use English and sometimes they can understand
kAelle_sc
Profile Joined April 2011
287 Posts
February 13 2012 09:25 GMT
#4
On February 13 2012 00:56 WaZ wrote:
at your level the best thing you can do is try to find a "family" there but even still unless you can speak korean it will be tough to get practice otherwise you can just talk to the people youre matching in ladder alot of koreans like foreigners and could help you out


what do you mean by family? i'll assume that means practice group like I asked. okay, i'll ask the koreans I meet on ladder if i can have extended practice sessions with them. it'd be so great if we foreigners could get more practice opportunities with good Koreans. i'll definitely try that out!

On February 13 2012 01:07 Chaggi wrote:
I'm a Gold Terran that lives in Korea, you can message me but I've had luck asking people who've beaten me. You might not be able to speak Korean, but you can just use English and sometimes they can understand


Hi Chaggi are you a foreigner who lives in Korean? If you're why don't you say you are, it's something to be proud of :p. I don't speak Korean but I can read hangeul a bit, and yeah I'll ask the Koreans I meet on ladder if I can have extended practice with them! that'd be great! thanks for the suggestion.
It's all about the journey, not the outcome.
Chaggi
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1936 Posts
February 17 2012 14:10 GMT
#5
lol I'm not sure why I said that, I think I mentioned mostly cause of time zones.
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
20:00
BamsPatch 1.0 Weekly #3
SHIN 224
Liquipedia
CranKy Ducklings
19:00
Sea Duckling Open #150 (SHIN Mod Edition)
CranKy Ducklings118
CranKy Ducklings SOOP49
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko358
SHIN 224
ProTech141
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 38743
Shuttle 1849
Hyuk 1500
Bisu 1421
EffOrt 593
Mini 356
Larva 354
Soma 331
firebathero 228
ZerO 193
[ Show more ]
Last 154
Hm[arnc] 126
Leta 97
Zeus 76
Pusan 61
hero 59
Sexy 48
Trap 48
Hyun 47
Bale 44
Killer 42
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 25
Aegong 23
sorry 20
zelot 20
yabsab 11
JulyZerg 10
Noble 10
Sacsri 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 5
Dota 2
Gorgc3599
qojqva1511
Dendi953
XcaliburYe367
XaKoH 336
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1689
crisheroes481
Other Games
gofns39044
singsing2618
B2W.Neo1123
DeMusliM260
Happy239
Livibee125
ToD109
Mew2King101
ArmadaUGS46
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 59
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 9282
League of Legends
• Jankos1677
Other Games
• WagamamaTV234
Upcoming Events
FEL
3h 11m
AI Arena Tournament
4h 11m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
6h 11m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 11m
INu's Battles
23h 11m
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 11h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 21h
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
1d 22h
[ Show More ]
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
2 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.