• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:35
CEST 12:35
KST 19:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9285 users

MLG Broadcast Feedback - Page 23

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 32 Next All
TheRhox
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada868 Posts
February 26 2012 23:54 GMT
#441
no more lag, it's fine now for me
Rikou
Profile Joined February 2012
20 Posts
February 26 2012 23:54 GMT
#442
I'll hesitate paying for another MLG Arena unless they fix their lag issues. Seems pretty crappy to me that I have to pay $20 for this and I can't even watch the finals without lag.
Presidenten
Profile Joined December 2010
Sweden777 Posts
February 26 2012 23:55 GMT
#443
I hope you are looking for other solutions than twitch to stream the next event, as the lag to Europe is just terrible.
TheRhox
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada868 Posts
February 26 2012 23:57 GMT
#444
Is it still bad for you guys? It seems to have cleared up nicely for me.
Atromn
Profile Joined February 2012
United States2 Posts
February 26 2012 23:57 GMT
#445
On February 27 2012 07:54 Gr33d wrote:
I'm watching a restream for the finals (was pretty disappointed with the ppv system and so these are the only games that remotely interest me, not to mention timezone complications), so I will not comment on the stream quality. The last few MLGs I watched in HQ and the picture and audio quality was ok, I assume this is the case now too.
What I notice from the few games I have seen so far however is that I realy realy miss the crowd reactions. This feels like some random online cup.
So for the next events:
- maybe lower the price and/or offer a LQ single freestream.
- bring audience back
- if you stick to ppv only offer a cheaper ticket that only lets you watch on the final day OR just for VODs
- dedicated observers


I think some of these ideas are pretty good.

I bought it, but would have preferred a cheaper ticket (maybe $10-$15 for ticket and $5 off or so for gold members?).
I don't agree with the bring audience back however, they already have four big events for this, and I think the idea of the arena is to be in a kind of controlled, intimate environment.
I think having a cheaper ticket for final day is a nice direction. Make the ticket progressively cheaper each day, because once you miss one day or so, you might get turned off from purchasing the ticket for full price.

On another note, I'm not really getting lag on 720, maybe a two second freeze every half hour or so.
AstronautMikeDexter
Profile Joined October 2010
6 Posts
February 26 2012 23:59 GMT
#446
On February 27 2012 08:57 TheRhox wrote:
Is it still bad for you guys? It seems to have cleared up nicely for me.


It's got better for me (in UK). Still unwatchable in 1080p, some lag in 720p but basically watchable.
TheRhox
Profile Joined March 2011
Canada868 Posts
February 27 2012 00:00 GMT
#447
On February 27 2012 08:57 Atromn wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 07:54 Gr33d wrote:
I'm watching a restream for the finals (was pretty disappointed with the ppv system and so these are the only games that remotely interest me, not to mention timezone complications), so I will not comment on the stream quality. The last few MLGs I watched in HQ and the picture and audio quality was ok, I assume this is the case now too.
What I notice from the few games I have seen so far however is that I realy realy miss the crowd reactions. This feels like some random online cup.
So for the next events:
- maybe lower the price and/or offer a LQ single freestream.
- bring audience back
- if you stick to ppv only offer a cheaper ticket that only lets you watch on the final day OR just for VODs
- dedicated observers


I think some of these ideas are pretty good.

I bought it, but would have preferred a cheaper ticket (maybe $10-$15 for ticket and $5 off or so for gold members?).
I don't agree with the bring audience back however, they already have four big events for this, and I think the idea of the arena is to be in a kind of controlled, intimate environment.
I think having a cheaper ticket for final day is a nice direction. Make the ticket progressively cheaper each day, because once you miss one day or so, you might get turned off from purchasing the ticket for full price.

On another note, I'm not really getting lag on 720, maybe a two second freeze every half hour or so.


Yeah, I definitely a agree with the progressively cheaper each day thing. Since it kind of sucks for barcraft hosts to pay full price for only a few games.
Eshra
Profile Joined April 2011
France1009 Posts
February 27 2012 00:03 GMT
#448
" Oh, a fight ! " FREEEEEZE. " Oh, the game is over. "
lottopk
Profile Joined February 2012
Korea (North)33 Posts
February 27 2012 00:04 GMT
#449
for 20dollars, there shouldnt be ANY complains, 1080p should be smooth...allways. Thats what ppl were paying ?
For the Emporor
AstronautMikeDexter
Profile Joined October 2010
6 Posts
February 27 2012 00:04 GMT
#450
On February 27 2012 09:03 Eshra wrote:
" Oh, a fight ! " FREEEEEZE. " Oh, the game is over. "


Exactly the same for me. Banelings ran up the ramp, 15 second freeze, GG.
Eshra
Profile Joined April 2011
France1009 Posts
February 27 2012 00:06 GMT
#451
On February 27 2012 09:04 AstronautMikeDexter wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 27 2012 09:03 Eshra wrote:
" Oh, a fight ! " FREEEEEZE. " Oh, the game is over. "


Exactly the same for me. Banelings ran up the ramp, 15 second freeze, GG.


Oh lucky you. I didn't get to see any banelings at all.
qbs
Profile Joined January 2011
Poland771 Posts
February 27 2012 00:07 GMT
#452
would like to see a "streat fighter" voice :x
DeMusliM !!!
dafunk
Profile Joined January 2009
France521 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 00:10:53
February 27 2012 00:07 GMT
#453
I really dislike the fact the the player cam is actually the observer player cam.

MLG should get the direct signal from players computers to get the real in eye.
Its far more interesting and immersive.

Oh and dedicated observers too.
Doof
Profile Joined October 2010
United States204 Posts
February 27 2012 00:13 GMT
#454
$20 is too high. I'd be fine with $10, but even $15 is too much for just one weekend. Compare the number of games we get to the number of games the GSL offers for $20. Not even close, plus the GSL has better competition. And best of 3s all the way through the competition? That's just a bad idea. The end of the tournament is when the best matches are played, so give us more of them!

FIll the downtime between games better. The Dr. Pepper stream is a great idea, the interviews are good and everything, but too many times there was absolutely nothing going on on any of the streams, while at other times there were interviews going on at the same time as matches were going on. Interview coaches or other non-player personalities if the players are busy. Show highlight reels, even from old MLG competitions since you can't always prepare current highlight reels. Anything is better than nothing!

That being said, the streaming set up is sooooo good! I love the various layouts, the individual volume controls, the first person views, etc. It is awesome. By far the best live tournament viewing experience I have ever had

Casting is pretty good overall. Tasteless, Artosis, JP, djWheat, Tumba, Abeisis (or whatever his name is) are all pretty good! Rob is weird though... He keeps making weird faces toward the camera or other casters when he says something he thinks is cool, like he's Horatio Caine or something. Very bothersome.

Overall, I'm fine that I spent the money to support MLG, the players, and the scene. However, I will not pay this much again in the future simply because a weekend competition is not worth $20. GSL, even if it were the same number of games, is worth more than weekend competitions because the players prepare incredible strategies and bring their best to every match making for incredible games. Weekend tournaments just can't replicate this, and thus they will always be worth less to the viewer than long-term formats. Anyway, keep it up MLG! You guys are doing a great job, and we all appreciate what you do for the community
Every day should be a good day to die
Rikou
Profile Joined February 2012
20 Posts
February 27 2012 00:15 GMT
#455
Feed just went offline really?
Dubsy
Profile Joined July 2011
Canada186 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 00:16:32
February 27 2012 00:15 GMT
#456
This is embarrassing.

E: And that was before the stream went down.

I better be getting my money back.
With a right-left, right-left you're toothless, And then you say "Goddamn they ruthless!"
azbcethananderson
Profile Joined February 2012
10 Posts
February 27 2012 00:15 GMT
#457
DROP?
jarf1337
Profile Joined July 2010
United States146 Posts
February 27 2012 00:16 GMT
#458
holyfuck it just died in that push wtf
wut kan i dew
Vond
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Sweden145 Posts
February 27 2012 00:16 GMT
#459
...and now all of a sudden I just have a MLG logo, middle of a very important fight in G3. This should NEVER happen when we pay for it.
zezamer
Profile Joined March 2011
Finland5701 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-02-27 00:21:24
February 27 2012 00:16 GMT
#460
How can a PPV stream lag like hell, seriously.

Was a good decision to check the event out on restreams instead of blindy buying it.
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 32 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 2
Soma vs Soulkey
Afreeca ASL 9701
StarCastTV_EN289
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech134
Lowko33
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 10896
Bisu 3034
Jaedong 2618
EffOrt 1034
Horang2 365
ZerO 322
Larva 262
Pusan 234
Zeus 232
actioN 137
[ Show more ]
Mind 129
Hyun 117
Barracks 77
ggaemo 69
Killer 46
Yoon 46
scan(afreeca) 44
Bale 41
Sharp 36
NotJumperer 29
ToSsGirL 27
Sacsri 26
Hm[arnc] 22
Shinee 19
Terrorterran 10
Noble 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Dota 2
febbydoto79
League of Legends
JimRising 358
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1685
byalli279
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King85
Other Games
ceh9657
crisheroes224
Sick181
Pyrionflax156
dupreeh104
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 146
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream50
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 10
• killerbeecast6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2287
• WagamamaTV267
League of Legends
• Jankos1063
Upcoming Events
INu's Battles
25m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
13h 25m
Patches Events
1d 5h
The PondCast
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.