• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:54
CEST 05:54
KST 12:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8194 users

[Interview] 2012 GSL S1 CodeS RO32 Group F Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 15:08:01
January 17 2012 15:06 GMT
#1
These interviews were translated from
http://s.163.com/12/0117/20/7O0FHDT700314D0E.html and http://s.163.com/12/0117/21/7O0IBGMG00314D0E.html

which were translated from
http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1077463&category=13439 and http://www.thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=1077538&category=13439
______________________________________________________________________________________________

Players in the group (no order of merit)
MVP_sC
EG_JYP
MVP_DongRaeGu
MVP_Genius
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

First Place
+ Show Spoiler +
MVP_Genius
[image loading]

Q: How does it feel returning to the round of 16 after three seasons?
A: There were several team mates in my group. People usually say that they would feel really unhappy if they had to play against their team mates, but for me, it didn't really seem to matter. Anyway, we'll be strangers next time when we stop playing games (laughs).

On the contrary, because I was playing against my team mates, we could start doing random ceremonies, which made me really happy.

Q: You won all 4 games, making you the player with the best results so far from MVP.
A: I think we can probably say that DongRaeGu is the foam of GSTL (laughs). Even though I say he is foam, he has actually won quite a number of tournaments. However, I still find him wanting.

For sC, because he is a Terran player, I was more worried about facing him than I was DongRaeGu. On Daybreak, I actually thought I was going to lose. But in the end, he actually moved his army out for the battle, and that gave me the chance to win.

(T/N: On GSTL, DRG has an amazing record of a 90% win rate, but still hasn't managed to prove himself on the GSL, which is why Genius said he was the foam of GSTL. Foam is like a figure of speech describing something that looks like it is prospering on the outside, but is actually not something substantial.)

Q: You were in an excellent condition. Was it because you were playing against your team mates?
A: That did come in slightly useful. Because we were team mates, we knew each other very well, and it was very easy to practise, and I knew how I should counter them.

My opponents also knew me in the same way. However, with the information which I possessed, I think that I stood a fighting chance. I'm quite strange. Even though I never really practise, I play well in tournaments, and the games turn out just fine.

Q: Your ceremonies after the games were also very impressive, Did you prepare them beforehand?
A: Because I was playing against team mates, I had prepared a few. Since I was playing against team mates anyway, I wanted to let the audience see something interesting. I wanted to let everyone know that it can actually be fun to play against team mates in tournaments.

Q: What are the reasons for you not getting good results after getting into the quarter-finals?
A: My competitive spirit dropped quite a lot. As long as I was playing in the top league, I received attention from everyone, and that made me satisfied with remaining in Code S.

My father nagged at me a lot after the Blizzard Cup. As a result, I have set my current goal as winning the tournament.

Q: So, that means your goal for this season is winning the entire tournament?
A: Firstly, I want to reach the finals. I want to play a finals on an outdoor stage.

(T/N: Lol outdoor stage plus ceremonies. Firebathero? )

Q: What are your goals for for 2012?
A: I don't really care about new years or anniversaries, so I never really thought about it. As long as I can win a tournament this year, I am satisfied. Of course, I want to remain in Code S.

Q: You seem different from the Genius from before. Why is this?
A: During that time, anyone who saw me play would see that my standard was at quite a high level, so I had the "captial" to be wild. However, I've been playing really badly recently, so I have to be modest. There might be some changes though, should I win tournaments.

Q: Any last things you want to add?
A: I want to thank the players who practised with me, especially Monster and Sniper who practised with me when DongRaeGu was asleep. They both said they didn't want to see DongRaeGu do well, so they helped me practise (laughs).




Second Place
+ Show Spoiler +
MVP_DongRaeGu
[image loading]

Q: How does it feel returning to the round of 16 after two seasons?
A; I am not very happy, probably because it is not a very high placing. I just feel like I made it past a small hurdle.

Q: You made it through in a group with 2 other team mates.
A: Even though I am happy, I still feel kind of sorry. I will work hard for sC as well.

Q: You went down in two straight games against Genius in the first set. What was the cause?
A: Yes, it was a total defeat. Because my opponent was not one who liked to attack in the early game, I went for a greedy build in the first game. I felt horrible when I lost, and that caused a mental collapse. Genius took advantage of this situation.

Q: Genius said you were foam in his interview.
A: No, I think he is more foam than I am. Even though he was in very good condition in the round of 32, people will see that his foam will lose effectiveness at the round of 16. It has always been this way. It has always been game over for Genius after he passes the round of 32.

(T/N: For clarification on the meaning of foam, see above interview with Genius.)

Q: In the loser's game that you played, your opponent, JYP, is a PvZ specialist, and yet you won easily.
A: He didn't seem to be in very good condition today. It feels like he lost to himself.

Q: The final series you played against sC was especially exciting.
A: After I discovered the double proxy barracks by my opponent and held that smoothly, it was a very easy win from then. However, in the second game, I was defeated by the hellions. I had actually scouted it, and had built spinecrawlers, but my simcity was not good enough.

In the final game, his attack was so powerful that I thought I would lose. But as I played on, I realise there was a chance for me to come back. I heard after the games that sC forgot to upgrade some stuff, so I got lucky there.

Q: In the past, you used to say you were really confident in yourself. Is it the same now?
A; No, not anymore (laughs). It's really too hard to play Zerg. I've seeked advice from Nestea hyung, and he also said it's very hard to play Zerg. It's just too hard to play ZvT or ZvP. Terrans and Protosses are very familiar with how to control Zerg.

There are three Zergs in the round of 16, which doesn't really make sense. It's too difficult to play as Zerg, whether we are talking about maps or balance, it is really tough and difficult.

Q: We are going to have group drawings for the round of 16 starting from this season. Do you think you will be chosen first?
A: I don't know why, but I get the feeling that someone will choose me. It seems like Nestea hyung is having that idea, and I really really hope he doesn't do it. There are already so few Zergs, so I hope that Nestea hyung will be magmanimous for the sake of the success of GSL.

Q: In Code S, the round of 16 has been your best result. Are you confident of getting better results this season?
A: I don't know either. It's really too hard to play Zerg, and the maps are bad, and the remaining players are all so strong. Even though I can't promise much, I will try my very best and put in every effort. I just think that it's very difficult, so it'd have to depend on my luck.

Q: Any last things you want to say?
A: I want to thank the team mates who practised with me. Looking at the interview, I realised the Monster and Sniper helped him practise, and that's really disappointing. They dare to do this type of thing behind my back? I will get revenge in the future. I won't let them off.

I want to say sorry to sC, and I hope he makes it back to Code S as soon as possible. Finally, I want to thank my parents and my fans, who have been supporting me. A member of the audience gave me chocolate today. Really thankful for that.


_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Previous interviews can be found at the following links.

Group A (NSHoseo_Jjakji, Gamania_Sen, SlayerS_Boxer, SlayerS_Ganzi) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=302021

Group B (FXO_Leenock, oGs_Fin, oGs_Supernova, SK_MC) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=302137

Group C (IM_Mvp, FXO_Lucky, EG_Idra, IM_Nestea) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=302614

Group D (FXOz, Startale_Curious, Startale_Bomber, oGs_Inca) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=302683

Group E (SlayerS_MMA, FXO_Gumiho, SlayerS_Yugioh, Liquid_Zenio) - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=303848
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Weirdkid
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Singapore2431 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-01-17 15:12:34
January 17 2012 15:08 GMT
#2
Oh great. Can mods delete this please? Clefairy's translations look more accurate than mine. Thank you. Oh well. Sigh.

Someone help me report this thread for closing? Haha apparently I can't report my own thread.
"Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself." - Proverbs 26:4
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 170
ProTech121
Nina 13
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2254
Shuttle 1320
Dewaltoss 55
Bale 51
Snow 44
Noble 37
NaDa 27
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm161
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1051
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King308
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor528
Other Games
summit1g9950
JimRising 710
C9.Mang0311
PiGStarcraft308
ViBE56
ArmadaUGS44
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV252
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream76
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta19
• Letter147
• Response 6
• practicex 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo831
• Stunt183
Other Games
• Scarra763
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 6m
OSC
18h 6m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.