• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:48
CEST 23:48
KST 06:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon110
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8001 users

[D] Glider v Jenny Data Thread (CONGRATS!) - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Garnet
Profile Blog Joined February 2006
Vietnam9055 Posts
December 13 2011 02:16 GMT
#21
I subscribed to Jennifer ESL. Voted Glider though.
cmen15
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States1519 Posts
December 13 2011 02:17 GMT
#22
I hope it works out for glider, his art work is amazing. The other day i was going through his videos and hes very talented. : )
Greed leads to just about all losses.
iSometric
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
2221 Posts
December 13 2011 02:19 GMT
#23
Idk if TL rallying for Glider is cheating or not, but I voted!
strava.com/athletes/zhaodynasty
garlicface
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada4196 Posts
December 13 2011 02:26 GMT
#24
On December 13 2011 11:19 iSometric wrote:
Idk if TL rallying for Glider is cheating or not, but I voted!

It's not. We're his fans, just the same as that teacher's "students" are her fans.
#TeamBuLba
iplayBANJO
Profile Joined September 2010
United States129 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 03:07:55
December 13 2011 02:39 GMT
#25
NVM. Misread the graphs.
"So you think you know stuff about things? Well, I will see your stuff about things, and raise you things about stuff."
Quochobao
Profile Joined October 2010
United States350 Posts
December 13 2011 05:35 GMT
#26
Jennifer English videos are not that helpful, to be honest...

Votes for the arts! Only beauty will save the world!
Best or nothing.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
December 13 2011 05:40 GMT
#27
So if I read this right, the similarity between the voting patterns suggests a bot or something similar?

That would make sense from a youtube point of view. What is the point in having a competition if one of the competitors absolutely blitzes the field. How humiliating for the other guys and sort of makes the competition a waste. I can see how youtube benefit from having a close result.

I don't see how Jenny could have botted though.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
December 13 2011 05:40 GMT
#28
That last graph showing Jennifer ESL growth is definitely suspect of botting look at the growth compared to ThePortaitArts growth the JenniferESL's growth in the last 2 graphs is completely unnatural.

Look how it spikes up and down like that that's really weird.
Never GG MKP | IdrA
CursOr
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
United States6335 Posts
December 13 2011 05:40 GMT
#29
Congrats. I'm glad he is getting some of what he deserves.
CJ forever (-_-(-_-(-_-(-_-)-_-)-_-)-_-)
stokes17
Profile Joined January 2011
United States1411 Posts
December 13 2011 05:46 GMT
#30
On December 13 2011 14:40 Probulous wrote:
So if I read this right, the similarity between the voting patterns suggests a bot or something similar?

That would make sense from a youtube point of view. What is the point in having a competition if one of the competitors absolutely blitzes the field. How humiliating for the other guys and sort of makes the competition a waste. I can see how youtube benefit from having a close result.

I don't see how Jenny could have botted though.

Very intelligent post. Seems like a plausible scenario to me. Certainly more likely than the Jennifer ESL botting herself, and also not winning.
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
December 13 2011 05:52 GMT
#31
On December 13 2011 14:46 stokes17 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 13 2011 14:40 Probulous wrote:
So if I read this right, the similarity between the voting patterns suggests a bot or something similar?

That would make sense from a youtube point of view. What is the point in having a competition if one of the competitors absolutely blitzes the field. How humiliating for the other guys and sort of makes the competition a waste. I can see how youtube benefit from having a close result.

I don't see how Jenny could have botted though.

Very intelligent post. Seems like a plausible scenario to me. Certainly more likely than the Jennifer ESL botting herself, and also not winning.


The problem is that if this is true then it is also fraudulent. They are deliberately misrepresenting the results to gain more clicks on their site. Not only does this increase the eposure of the tournament but also advertising revenue. That could be construed as fraud.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
Rotodyne
Profile Blog Joined July 2005
United States2263 Posts
December 13 2011 05:55 GMT
#32
I voted once, glad he won
I can only play starcraft when I am shit canned. IPXZERG is a god.
XRaDiiX
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Canada1730 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 06:06:56
December 13 2011 06:00 GMT
#33
On December 13 2011 14:40 Probulous wrote:
So if I read this right, the similarity between the voting patterns suggests a bot or something similar?

That would make sense from a youtube point of view. What is the point in having a competition if one of the competitors absolutely blitzes the field. How humiliating for the other guys and sort of makes the competition a waste. I can see how youtube benefit from having a close result.

I don't see how Jenny could have botted though.


I was also thinking the same thing while analyzing the similarity of the voting influxes; its very probable youtube actually rigged the competition to make it a closer race.

Taking a quick glance of the graphs shows the pattern to be very odd to say the least.
Never GG MKP | IdrA
Lunares
Profile Joined May 2010
United States909 Posts
December 13 2011 06:07 GMT
#34
I really don't see how the voting patterns are that odd? All it really says is that both candidates were approximately equally popular and gaining votes close to each other, which isn't all that suprising if both were similar.
nttea
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
Sweden4353 Posts
December 13 2011 06:07 GMT
#35
sc2 community vs bot 1-0
Abort Retry Fail
Profile Joined December 2011
2636 Posts
December 13 2011 06:10 GMT
#36
Awesome win!
BSOD
Probulous
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
Australia3894 Posts
December 13 2011 06:11 GMT
#37
Of course, if you really wanted to prove something was up you could try a retrospective correlative regression analysis on the curves and see if the similarity was significant. You would not expect the voting patterns to be similar in such a way as soon as one increases so does the other. The fact that they never diverged by more than 1% is really strange. Could be coincidence but it certainly looks fishy.
"Dude has some really interesting midgame switches that I wouldn't have expected. "I violated your house" into "HIHO THE DAIRY OH!" really threw me. You don't usually expect children's poetry harass as a follow up " - AmericanUmlaut
dormer
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1314 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-13 06:28:27
December 13 2011 06:21 GMT
#38
Okay.. Maybe I'm just awful with math, but where in those graphs is the evidence that something fishy was going on? All I see is a bunch of fluctuating lines.

Just to edit in, checking their youtube channels:
JenniferESL
Channel Views: 3,372,397
Total Upload Views: 24,443,381
Subscribers: 70,068

ThePortraitArt
Channel Views: 1,061,695
Total Upload Views: 10,338,029
Subscribers: 66,142

Similar number of subscribers, but many more channel views and total upload views for Jennifer. Granted she apparently doesn't have a community backing her like TL / Reddit for Glider, but some of the people saying that there's no way she could get that many votes just seem to not understand the fact that there's like a billion people in the world learning English and that her channel might have broader appeal than Glider's art.

Of course, I think Glider is way more awesome, voted for him, and am very happy he won :-p I just get tired of reading all this conspiracy theory type bullshit when there doesn't seem to be any real evidence. Again, if there's something in the graphs, please explain it to me, because I don't really see it. The points where her incoming votes drop to 0 for brief periods seems a little weird, but that's about it.
Artosis: "You need to hold my hand." Tasteless: "I'm very good at that."
Leeoku
Profile Joined May 2010
1617 Posts
December 13 2011 06:26 GMT
#39
yes thank god he won
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
December 13 2011 06:31 GMT
#40
Did you gather that data yourself? If no, is there any chance to get the data for the past days?
(considering you said it was looking grim at first and those graphs show nothing of the sort)
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 90
JuggernautJason46
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 622
firebathero 86
Zeus 64
910 29
Dota 2
monkeys_forever425
League of Legends
JimRising 330
Counter-Strike
minikerr0
Super Smash Bros
ArmadaUGS123
PPMD33
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5328
Liquid`Hasu1736
Other Games
summit1g6573
shahzam578
byalli339
C9.Mang0187
UpATreeSC65
Trikslyr39
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV238
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream160
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 83
• Adnapsc2 17
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Azhi_Dahaki34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
2h 12m
Kung Fu Cup
13h 12m
Stellar Fest
15h 12m
The PondCast
1d 12h
OSC
1d 15h
Stellar Fest
1d 15h
OSC
2 days
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
[ Show More ]
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.