• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:04
CEST 15:04
KST 22:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8663 users

[NASL] Season Two Grand Finals - Page 20

Forum Index > SC2 General
423 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Kuni
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Austria765 Posts
December 04 2011 17:21 GMT
#381
On December 05 2011 02:18 ninjamyst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 06:46 Xalorian wrote:
On December 04 2011 03:20 nihlon wrote:
On December 04 2011 01:26 Xalorian wrote:
It's just my opinion but...

It's funny how TL articles shit on so many less favorite players these day, even an event this time, for some reasons. It start to be annoying. And is it a final preview or a season recap? Because there's not much about the final...

I wana read hype or in-depth preview of incoming match in a preview., not criticism of the qualification event that already ended.

It's a poor article, at least for me.



I think such an article would have been fine if it were published after season 2 have ended or as a separate article. Having it as a preview of the final weekend is pretty bad.


Yes, exactly, that's what I meant.

TL articles are becoming that more and more for some reason. The thing with EG House (that was ridiculous), now shitting on the qualification of an event, one day before the final... That's seriously not what I want to read when I go on TL and I don't think i'm the only one.

Seriously, another one like that and I think that I will just stop to read articles from TL except for the probably incoming TSL4... because i'm sure that they will be just hyping this one and nothing else.


So you want fluff? If the players are not good, then they deserve to be criticized. If tournaments are not run well, they deserve to be bashed on. I am glad TL tells it like it is without the fluff and sugar coating. Welcome to journalism.



Exactly. Seem to be the only ones who haven't yet sold their soul, unlike other people running shows which even have "without the fluff" in their title.
bonus vir semper tiro
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 17:38:56
December 04 2011 17:37 GMT
#382
On December 05 2011 02:18 ninjamyst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 06:46 Xalorian wrote:
On December 04 2011 03:20 nihlon wrote:
On December 04 2011 01:26 Xalorian wrote:
It's just my opinion but...

It's funny how TL articles shit on so many less favorite players these day, even an event this time, for some reasons. It start to be annoying. And is it a final preview or a season recap? Because there's not much about the final...

I wana read hype or in-depth preview of incoming match in a preview., not criticism of the qualification event that already ended.

It's a poor article, at least for me.



I think such an article would have been fine if it were published after season 2 have ended or as a separate article. Having it as a preview of the final weekend is pretty bad.


Yes, exactly, that's what I meant.

TL articles are becoming that more and more for some reason. The thing with EG House (that was ridiculous), now shitting on the qualification of an event, one day before the final... That's seriously not what I want to read when I go on TL and I don't think i'm the only one.

Seriously, another one like that and I think that I will just stop to read articles from TL except for the probably incoming TSL4... because i'm sure that they will be just hyping this one and nothing else.


So you want fluff? If the players are not good, then they deserve to be criticized. If tournaments are not run well, they deserve to be bashed on. I am glad TL tells it like it is without the fluff and sugar coating. Welcome to journalism.



Funny how everytime someone in this thread criticizes the fact that the article pretended to be a finals preview when it just bashed the regular season, their argument gets twisted into "I don't want TL to criticize NASL at all." I know that might be easier for you to argue against, but it's not what we're actually saying. We're questioning the timing of bashing the regular season in a "finals preview" article.
Young_Gun
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom18 Posts
December 04 2011 17:48 GMT
#383
On December 05 2011 02:37 Doodsmack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 02:18 ninjamyst wrote:
On December 04 2011 06:46 Xalorian wrote:
On December 04 2011 03:20 nihlon wrote:
On December 04 2011 01:26 Xalorian wrote:
It's just my opinion but...

It's funny how TL articles shit on so many less favorite players these day, even an event this time, for some reasons. It start to be annoying. And is it a final preview or a season recap? Because there's not much about the final...

I wana read hype or in-depth preview of incoming match in a preview., not criticism of the qualification event that already ended.

It's a poor article, at least for me.



I think such an article would have been fine if it were published after season 2 have ended or as a separate article. Having it as a preview of the final weekend is pretty bad.


Yes, exactly, that's what I meant.

TL articles are becoming that more and more for some reason. The thing with EG House (that was ridiculous), now shitting on the qualification of an event, one day before the final... That's seriously not what I want to read when I go on TL and I don't think i'm the only one.

Seriously, another one like that and I think that I will just stop to read articles from TL except for the probably incoming TSL4... because i'm sure that they will be just hyping this one and nothing else.


So you want fluff? If the players are not good, then they deserve to be criticized. If tournaments are not run well, they deserve to be bashed on. I am glad TL tells it like it is without the fluff and sugar coating. Welcome to journalism.



Funny how everytime someone in this thread criticizes the fact that the article pretended to be a finals preview when it just bashed the regular season, their argument gets twisted into "I don't want TL to criticize NASL at all." I know that might be easier for you to argue against, but it's not what we're actually saying. We're questioning the timing of bashing the regular season in a "finals preview" article.


The timing of the bashing of NASL cannot be better! TL is using the NASL finals to attract attention to this article which includes straight and honest criticism as well as "finals preview". My guess is that the writers could not be bothered to write a long winded review for this failure of a league.
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
December 04 2011 19:24 GMT
#384
On December 05 2011 01:18 Young_Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!


Yes, they've made some bad business decisions. You make it sound like they fucked your girlfriend and shat in your bed. Relax.
Kompicek
Profile Joined May 2008
Czech Republic245 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 20:30:59
December 04 2011 20:27 GMT
#385
I hope NASl will fix the scheduling next season, the decision making is really really bad by the company.
I also really doubt that the koreans make more than 1% viewers.
W2
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States1177 Posts
December 04 2011 20:44 GMT
#386
Posting here because LR thread is being censored: NASL please look into better scheduling! I know these events before the finals match can be fun, but why make it a night-event when it's only one series?

I think maybe we should create a feedback thread like we did for MLG Dallas. Maybe it will help the management if all the issues were concentrated on one thread to read.
Hi
Xalorian
Profile Joined September 2011
Canada433 Posts
December 04 2011 20:46 GMT
#387
On December 05 2011 02:18 ninjamyst wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 06:46 Xalorian wrote:
On December 04 2011 03:20 nihlon wrote:
On December 04 2011 01:26 Xalorian wrote:
It's just my opinion but...

It's funny how TL articles shit on so many less favorite players these day, even an event this time, for some reasons. It start to be annoying. And is it a final preview or a season recap? Because there's not much about the final...

I wana read hype or in-depth preview of incoming match in a preview., not criticism of the qualification event that already ended.

It's a poor article, at least for me.



I think such an article would have been fine if it were published after season 2 have ended or as a separate article. Having it as a preview of the final weekend is pretty bad.


Yes, exactly, that's what I meant.

TL articles are becoming that more and more for some reason. The thing with EG House (that was ridiculous), now shitting on the qualification of an event, one day before the final... That's seriously not what I want to read when I go on TL and I don't think i'm the only one.

Seriously, another one like that and I think that I will just stop to read articles from TL except for the probably incoming TSL4... because i'm sure that they will be just hyping this one and nothing else.


So you want fluff? If the players are not good, then they deserve to be criticized. If tournaments are not run well, they deserve to be bashed on. I am glad TL tells it like it is without the fluff and sugar coating. Welcome to journalism.


Yes, I want the same fluff that they give to other events, that's my right.

Can't you read what other are posting before quoting and bashing? If it's true or not is not the point... why in the fucking hell bashing on the tournament qualification the day before the grand final, when the title of the article is "Grand-Final preview". Where was the preview?

NASL worked hard and hard, screwed some shit for sure, but was mostly a really great tournament. It's true that not many peoples watched it since there was just so many games, but i'm sure that everybody who watched it liked it. And, the grand final is good. They don't have many peoples in the venue, but there was like 40k viewers at some point yesterday, and the games were awesome.

If you think that those player are bad, or that the event was not run well, then you didn't watched it at all.
izual155
Profile Joined September 2011
United States48 Posts
December 04 2011 21:44 GMT
#388
congrats to idra for making it that far
leavemealone
Profile Joined October 2011
Greece11 Posts
December 04 2011 22:48 GMT
#389
prolly the worse "major" tour ive seen so far in sc2 for various reasons. Im speaking only for myself
Roxy
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada753 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 22:53:47
December 04 2011 22:52 GMT
#390
I was lead to believe this was starting at 12:00
wtf...

i have already finished ALL of my pizza and MOST of my beer

now im not going to get to watch because my gf will be home any minute and i'm not allowed to have fun
http://sc2ranks.com/us/941824/Roxy - Masters Protoss: "Respect my authoritai"
Defacer
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada5052 Posts
December 04 2011 23:25 GMT
#391
On December 05 2011 07:52 Roxy wrote:
I was lead to believe this was starting at 12:00
wtf...

i have already finished ALL of my pizza and MOST of my beer

now im not going to get to watch because my gf will be home any minute and i'm not allowed to have fun


yeah ... i have to go to dinner with my wife's friends now. DAMMMN YOU NASL!!!!
ProBaller
Profile Joined April 2011
United States33 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 00:22:16
December 05 2011 00:16 GMT
#392
Wonder if we will see Puma go beyond 1 base against hero.
Also, im not sure how I feel about the tribes thing.
What the fuck does NASL even stand for anymore?
Stop trying to be mlg nasl :\
Bwwwaaaruuuughh-Day[9]. "Im not cooooooooooool. Im so hoooooooooooooooooot"-HongUnPrime.
Lexpar
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
1813 Posts
December 05 2011 00:39 GMT
#393
On December 05 2011 07:52 Roxy wrote:
I was lead to believe this was starting at 12:00
wtf...

i have already finished ALL of my pizza and MOST of my beer

now im not going to get to watch because my gf will be home any minute and i'm not allowed to have fun


lol, having no junk food to watch starcraft with is a sad sad story my friend.
Laeon
Profile Joined May 2011
France53 Posts
December 05 2011 01:53 GMT
#394
Best of how many for the 3rd place match and the final ?
dabom88
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States3483 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-05 02:49:30
December 05 2011 02:45 GMT
#395
On December 04 2011 14:28 jaiihawk wrote:
I just got back from day 2 of the grand final (I left early) and I gotta say that room is dead. There are enough chairs for around ~1500 people (with room for more chairs) and only about 200-250 people there. They failed to get people to show up.

One of the problems was their choice of location. I live in the LA/OC area (the closest population center) and the drive to Ontario is terrible. This is a serious barrier to getting people to attend. Also the venue is lame. No outside food is allowed inside and the on-site vendors are overpriced and have terrible food quality.

Ontario is a well known area for holding cheap international events (because of the large airport) and it shows. Instead of deciding to hold their finals in a city that had a chance of generating local interest, they decided to save money. The problem is that very few people are going to fly in to spectate an SC2 tournament. The viewership is generally young and can't justify the travel expenses.

I don't want to hate on NASL. The reason that I ever bother to criticize is because I hope that the NASL and other tournaments can learn from these mistakes. I want as many tournaments to succeed as possible. NASL has a long way to go, and based on what I saw in Ontario I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a season 3.


This. Oh so this. I attended the Season 1 Finals in Ontario as well. Parking was overpriced. No outside food was bullshit. And the food they sold was also overpriced and not good quality.

As a result, despite having secured 2 free tickets at Blizzcon, I did not attend the Season 2 Finals.
You should not have to pay to watch the GSL, Proleague, or OSL at a reasonable time. That is not "fine" and it's BS to say otherwise. My sig since 2011. http://www.youtube.com/user/dabom88
xlava
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States676 Posts
December 05 2011 04:01 GMT
#396
On December 05 2011 10:53 Laeon wrote:
Best of how many for the 3rd place match and the final ?


Well the 3rd place match is already over but it was a bo7

Finals are bo9, and they still haven't fuc*ing started yet. This is making me really angry... its 11pm and I have stuff to do tomorrow and would really like to watch these finals.
rkshox
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
Taiwan536 Posts
December 05 2011 05:16 GMT
#397
HerO hwaiting!!!!
@ranleee /// "first we expand, then we defense it'
EZcylestea
Profile Joined July 2011
United States14 Posts
December 05 2011 06:02 GMT
#398
These finals where alot more enjoyable then the last mlg's i have to say. Very good games. *not going to spoil the winner*
Dont knock on deaths door. Ring the bell and run. Death hates that
Shyndashu
Profile Joined September 2011
United States136 Posts
December 05 2011 06:07 GMT
#399
I could see that hero was beginning to crack at the end. There were about 15-20 wasted zealots towards the end on that last match that could've really soaked up a lot of damage for the other units. Also I think he could've gone with more stalkers for anti-air. But then again grats on both players for getting to the finals and grats to Puma for a 2nd win.
fairymonger
Profile Joined June 2011
United States81 Posts
December 05 2011 09:48 GMT
#400
From watching the tournament last year and this year it looked like the tournament went downhill a bit. There was a ton of viewers for the finals which was cool to see. but there is alot of stuff this tourney can do to get up to IPL and MLG. Good tourney tho
Never give up on your dreams. Without dreams man is nothing
Prev 1 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
SteadfastSC81
EnkiAlexander 7
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
SteadfastSC 81
Rex 70
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 51428
Bisu 2260
Horang2 1288
Hyuk 701
Soma 445
BeSt 445
Mini 430
EffOrt 332
Light 328
Larva 265
[ Show more ]
Rush 165
ZerO 146
Mong 111
Barracks 90
Leta 83
Pusan 66
Snow 64
Sea.KH 57
ToSsGirL 53
Mind 41
Aegong 30
Yoon 29
JYJ 26
Bale 23
Sexy 23
sorry 19
Terrorterran 13
Noble 11
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Icarus 8
Dota 2
Gorgc4568
XaKoH 377
Counter-Strike
Fnx 702
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1404
Khaldor1133
Lowko458
Other Games
gofns33041
singsing2033
olofmeister1271
B2W.Neo426
hiko383
Livibee194
Beastyqt114
Liquid`VortiX81
Mew2King74
ArmadaUGS68
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
StarCraft 2
ComeBackTV 182
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
StarCraft 2
TaKeTV 109
IntoTheiNu 94
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
Other Games
BasetradeTV2
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH201
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 25
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 56m
Online Event
21h 56m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.