• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:42
CEST 15:42
KST 22:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9050 users

[NASL] Season Two Grand Finals - Page 19

Forum Index > SC2 General
423 CommentsPost a Reply
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
alhazrel
Profile Joined November 2011
98 Posts
December 04 2011 10:26 GMT
#361
On December 04 2011 03:07 Prplppleatr wrote:
Lol wow...was looking around at brackets and the article and what not...Just realized this is in Ontario, CALIFORNIA, not canada...mentioned it on a chat and several others thought the same...wonder if this may be another possible reason for the lack of attendance


There's 700 people wandering around Canada now cold, lost, completely out of place in the real world trying to find an e-sports event that's happening thousands of miles away in California
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 15:31:54
December 04 2011 15:31 GMT
#362
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.
spacestars
Profile Joined December 2011
3 Posts
December 04 2011 15:40 GMT
#363
woot woot
Young_Gun
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom18 Posts
December 04 2011 16:18 GMT
#364
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!
farvacola
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
United States18869 Posts
December 04 2011 16:19 GMT
#365
On December 05 2011 01:18 Young_Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!

Someone needs a diapey change.........
"when the Dead Kennedys found out they had skinhead fans, they literally wrote a song titled 'Nazi Punks Fuck Off'"
JustPassingBy
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
10776 Posts
December 04 2011 16:25 GMT
#366
well, you cannot make a good time for NA, EU and KOR, and considering it's the north american starleague and two koreans are in the finals, I can understand that EU might get the butt end of the stick in terms of scheduling.
Young_Gun
Profile Joined November 2011
United Kingdom18 Posts
December 04 2011 16:28 GMT
#367
On December 05 2011 01:19 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 01:18 Young_Gun wrote:
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!

Someone needs a diapey change.........


Pfff you add nothing to the discussion so shut it and dont go insult other posters. Fool.

User was warned for this post
zJayy962
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
1363 Posts
December 04 2011 16:33 GMT
#368
On December 05 2011 01:18 Young_Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!


Seriously just stop talking. No one gives that you think the NASL absolutely hates their non-US audience. Bring your ignorance elsewhere. If you actually believe they schedule their events around the concept of "not letting non-Americans watch at a reasonable hour" then just don't watch it and no one will give a shit.

The production for the event on the second day was phenomenal even though the first day had its hiccups. If it weren't then it wouldn't be bringing in 30k+ viewers consistently.
Albrithe
Profile Joined February 2011
Canada187 Posts
December 04 2011 16:39 GMT
#369
In a world market, you can't count on everyone being happy with scheduling. They're not doing it to spite you, so get over it.
"You don't need a condom... to get up on 'dem..." -Zach Weiner
Sea_Food
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Finland1612 Posts
December 04 2011 16:46 GMT
#370
Im really sad by the time as well. Last season the semifinals started 5 hours earlier, and the finals right after that what was like under 1,5h.

I blame hon. They could not start earlier this season because of that rubbish game.
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 16:49:15
December 04 2011 16:47 GMT
#371
I think it's at least reasonable to assume that, given the boycott from the Korean teams, their target audience is mainly people from the US and from Europe. I of course understand that the priority in scheduling is given to American audiences, but it is possible to schedule the event without taking completely the opportunity for Europeans to watch the finals. Many tournaments in the West Coast already understood that and scheduled their tournaments accordingly. I mean, they just needed to make the finals happen 2~3 hours before what they're doing now, I'm not sure that's asking much...
xlava
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States676 Posts
December 04 2011 16:48 GMT
#372
Rofl the GSL doesn't cater to its large American audience either. NASL is the North American Star League. Naturally it is going to have its time cater to that timezone, just like GSL caters to the Korean timezones. Seriously this isn't rocket science...
SoJu.WeRRa
Profile Joined June 2010
Korea (South)820 Posts
December 04 2011 16:50 GMT
#373
Great write-up! Grand Final will be fantastic!
나를 찢어갈겨이씨발놈아왜나를미치게만들어니가뭘아는데?
howLiN
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Portugal1676 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-12-04 16:54:37
December 04 2011 16:51 GMT
#374
On December 05 2011 01:48 xlava wrote:
Rofl the GSL doesn't cater to its large American audience either. NASL is the North American Star League. Naturally it is going to have its time cater to that timezone, just like GSL caters to the Korean timezones. Seriously this isn't rocket science...

You do realize that the small change I proposed would greatly benefit the NASL itself right? Not to mention that for example MLG Anaheim were in the same timezone and were perfectly watchable from Europe. It's idiotic not to adapt in little details just to make a stand that this is the North American Star League and lose a lot of people who are willing to watch the tournament finals in the process.
Budzlight
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States578 Posts
December 04 2011 17:04 GMT
#375
On December 05 2011 01:28 Young_Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 01:19 farvacola wrote:
On December 05 2011 01:18 Young_Gun wrote:
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!

Someone needs a diapey change.........


Pfff you add nothing to the discussion so shut it and dont go insult other posters. Fool.


And your first 9 posts go to telling others to shut it?? Or you have 40posts over 6 accounts because of being banned for over reacting. Hes giving feedback so chillaxe. I myself think NASL has improved quite a bit over the year. They have went from unwatchable to watchable. Lets just hope the production carries over to next season.
I was the 5% that voted for thorzain in the TSL for round 1
Gr33d
Profile Joined December 2010
Germany423 Posts
December 04 2011 17:07 GMT
#376
On December 05 2011 01:25 JustPassingBy wrote:
well, you cannot make a good time for NA, EU and KOR, and considering it's the north american starleague and two koreans are in the finals, I can understand that EU might get the butt end of the stick in terms of scheduling.


I doubt that many koreans are watching these events. Its a decision from NASL we have to live with though and if they don't want an european audience (And I think its safe to say it when the matches start at like 3AM. Those very very few people that are awake and want to watch SC2 should be almost meaningless), I just don't watch.

If this works out for them, ok, but I will not change my whole sleeping shedule on a weekend for some SC2 matches. When the viewercount is low enough they might consider to change the times for NASL season 3.
Compared to season 2 so far its a dissapointment for me. Lots and lots of boring matches at the start so I did not even bother to watch them at all anymore, then a final event I can't watch too.
.
Fanatics find their heaven in never ending storming wind || Auguries of destruction be a lullaby for rebirth
KalWarkov
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
Germany4126 Posts
December 04 2011 17:10 GMT
#377
the sceduling is kind of ok, just gotta stay up till 9am everyday. npnp :/
Eastcoast NA tours are a lot better in that regard :D
DiaBoLuS ** Sc2 - Protoss: 16x GM | Dota2 - Offlane Immortal | Wc3 - Undead decent level | Diablo nerd | Chess / Magnus fanboy | BVB | Agnostic***
Doodsmack
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States7224 Posts
December 04 2011 17:11 GMT
#378
On December 05 2011 01:19 farvacola wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 01:18 Young_Gun wrote:
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!

Someone needs a diapey change.........



ROFL. Kid can't watch the tournament so he says " I hope this will be their last event." Hilariously pathetic.
ninjamyst
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 04 2011 17:13 GMT
#379
On December 05 2011 01:18 Young_Gun wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2011 00:31 GrungyMunchy wrote:
I'm baffled as to why would they schedule the finals at such a horrible time for Europeans. If you're "lucky" and live in either Portugal or the UK you get the finals at 3 AM, if you live more to the east you get an even worse hour. Why would they do that? MLG Anaheim wasn't nearly as bad and it was in the same timezone as Ontario CA.


I live in the UK and it looks like I will skip this final due to the 3 AM schedule. This is more awfull production from NASL that shows absolute contempt for non US audience. I hope this will be their last event!


Sadly, they already announced NASL Season 3...now with Tribes Ascend!
ninjamyst
Profile Joined September 2010
United States1903 Posts
December 04 2011 17:18 GMT
#380
On December 04 2011 06:46 Xalorian wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2011 03:20 nihlon wrote:
On December 04 2011 01:26 Xalorian wrote:
It's just my opinion but...

It's funny how TL articles shit on so many less favorite players these day, even an event this time, for some reasons. It start to be annoying. And is it a final preview or a season recap? Because there's not much about the final...

I wana read hype or in-depth preview of incoming match in a preview., not criticism of the qualification event that already ended.

It's a poor article, at least for me.



I think such an article would have been fine if it were published after season 2 have ended or as a separate article. Having it as a preview of the final weekend is pretty bad.


Yes, exactly, that's what I meant.

TL articles are becoming that more and more for some reason. The thing with EG House (that was ridiculous), now shitting on the qualification of an event, one day before the final... That's seriously not what I want to read when I go on TL and I don't think i'm the only one.

Seriously, another one like that and I think that I will just stop to read articles from TL except for the probably incoming TSL4... because i'm sure that they will be just hyping this one and nothing else.


So you want fluff? If the players are not good, then they deserve to be criticized. If tournaments are not run well, they deserve to be bashed on. I am glad TL tells it like it is without the fluff and sugar coating. Welcome to journalism.
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 21 22 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 671
ComeBackTV 529
SteadfastSC346
TaKeTV 256
Rex94
IndyStarCraft 57
EnkiAlexander 37
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 346
ProTech126
Rex 94
IndyStarCraft 57
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44231
Bisu 2471
Horang2 1354
Shuttle 922
EffOrt 784
Hyuk 605
BeSt 569
Soma 528
Light 401
Mini 399
[ Show more ]
Larva 328
Rush 231
ZerO 209
Mong 88
Leta 85
Snow 76
Sea.KH 74
Pusan 52
Mind 47
ToSsGirL 47
Sexy 42
JYJ 35
Yoon 30
Aegong 29
Bale 21
sorry 19
Terrorterran 19
Noble 13
Rock 11
Icarus 9
Trap 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc6417
Counter-Strike
Fnx 768
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1529
Khaldor1016
Lowko437
Other Games
gofns31064
singsing1995
olofmeister1413
hiko561
Beastyqt462
B2W.Neo422
XaKoH 200
Livibee197
Liquid`VortiX137
Hui .131
ArmadaUGS79
Mew2King68
djWHEAT67
QueenE15
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV173
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream119
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 12
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 28
• FirePhoenix9
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2392
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 18m
CranKy Ducklings
20h 18m
Online Event
21h 18m
FEL
1d 2h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 3h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 5h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 20h
INu's Battles
1d 22h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.