• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:00
CEST 07:00
KST 14:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6089 users

Starcraft 2 Year One: Mini Doc - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
FearGorm
Profile Joined July 2010
United States112 Posts
September 01 2011 01:29 GMT
#21
Glad to hear people like this! If we get more support, hopefully there will be more to come in the future :D
CEO, WellPlayed
Soluhwin
Profile Joined October 2010
United States1287 Posts
September 01 2011 01:31 GMT
#22
When the interviewer asked "what was your favorite game" I immediately was puzzled. I thought about how I would answer that question and realized that this truly amazing match has just not come for me. I know I've seen hour long ZvTs and what-not, but I can't remember any of the specifics because they were never significant enough. I guess I am just waiting for that game that is both symbolic and awesome to go back and watch. Something like an hour long mined out PvZ on a map like Tal'darim in the ace-match of the MLG finals bettween a Korean and a White dude. That kind of memorable game where one could reference "IdrA vs MC" and even though they've played countless numbers of games against each other, everyone will think of the same game.
I put the sexy in dyslexia.
zyglrox
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1168 Posts
September 01 2011 01:32 GMT
#23
very well done! enjoyed it a lot!
champagne for my real friends, and real pain for my sham friends.
TheTrueAmerican
Profile Joined April 2011
United States132 Posts
September 01 2011 01:33 GMT
#24
very nice. hope you do more.
TheLOLas
Profile Joined May 2011
United States646 Posts
September 01 2011 01:37 GMT
#25
THERE"S BANELINGS IN THE CEILING!!!
Linwelin
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland7554 Posts
September 01 2011 01:39 GMT
#26
Really well done video
Fuck Razor and Death Prophet
ReturnStroke
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States801 Posts
September 01 2011 01:41 GMT
#27
Really cool, thx for this!
Theovide
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden914 Posts
September 01 2011 01:43 GMT
#28
Awesome stuff man, I should really have went to bed long ago, but I'm not gonna regret my choice because this was so great .
MattBarry
Profile Joined March 2011
United States4006 Posts
September 01 2011 01:43 GMT
#29
On September 01 2011 10:29 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
"I don't have any special respect for brood war players". Oh my Naniwa 0_0
I don't even know how to respond to that... Your a progamer for christ's sake.

He didn't play BW. Why would he?
Platinum Support GOD
NasKe_
Profile Joined October 2010
Brazil570 Posts
September 01 2011 01:44 GMT
#30
haha
realy nice
just loved

hope we will se 2 years Starcraft 2 or even 10 years starcraft 2
colingrad
Profile Joined March 2008
United States210 Posts
September 01 2011 01:46 GMT
#31
that was an amazing video, hilarious at times but very insightful. great opening with Jinro's baneling on the ceiling :D also Naniwa's interviews were so straightforward and fun to listen to
For the Emperor!
Engore
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States1916 Posts
September 01 2011 01:47 GMT
#32
Very nice! Enjoyed it thoroughly. Thanks for all the content you guys at WellPlayed push out

"you play to win the game"
EG | Liquid | Dignitas | FXO | SlayerS | TSL | iS | Fan of pretty much all players ^_^ | SeleCT <3 forever! Axslav <3
Gooey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States944 Posts
September 01 2011 01:52 GMT
#33
On September 01 2011 10:29 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
"I don't have any special respect for brood war players". Oh my Naniwa 0_0
I don't even know how to respond to that... Your a progamer for christ's sake.

He is saying it from a competitive perspective. If he is playing a brood war pro in a tournament, he just looks at them as a star2 opponent playing star2. I doubt if he played Moon in a pvz, he would give him any special credit for being such a huge war3 legend. He is speaking from an objective standpoint, in that he can't go into a match saying "omg this guy was so good at this other game", but rather with the mindset of, "Hey, I play a terran today".

It isn't him being disrespectful, or saying outside of his professional self, that what someone like Boxer has accomplished in his past isn't admirable. He is just saying in-game, they are just another opponent for him to be playing, and that is the mindset he takes going into the game.
www.twitch.tv/Thatgooey
Kal_rA
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States2925 Posts
September 01 2011 01:55 GMT
#34
On September 01 2011 10:43 MattBarry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2011 10:29 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
"I don't have any special respect for brood war players". Oh my Naniwa 0_0
I don't even know how to respond to that... Your a progamer for christ's sake.

He didn't play BW. Why would he?

Don't wanna get into a bw vs sc2 debate but by just watching a bw fpvod you can't help but be awed by what those players can accomplish. And don't forget the fact that BW essentially pioneered esport's and allowed gamers to have a house to live and practice in with corporate sponsorship. To say you don't have any special respect for BW players when you play SC2 is just close minded... You gotta have respect esport's history. And if things go as they are, BW will be esports history soon :'(

Anyways, besides that great video!!
Jaedong.
Samp
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada783 Posts
September 01 2011 01:57 GMT
#35
really good, interesting!
and QXC is a poet xD
Banelings, "They're cute, they live in a nest". -Artosis
Sipher
Profile Joined January 2011
United States333 Posts
September 01 2011 01:58 GMT
#36
Amazing video, thanks alot! I have to admit, when I saw it I was thinking "Seriously...35 mins of video to watch...well I'll watch the first few mins", and after watching it I am now thinking, "Wait, is that it!?!? I need more!"

Haha, but in my defense, I have a lot of work I need to get done; but it was well worth taking the time to watch this documentary. I hope to see more in the future!
Kibibit
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
United States1551 Posts
September 01 2011 01:59 GMT
#37
On September 01 2011 10:43 MattBarry wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2011 10:29 sGs.Kal_rA wrote:
"I don't have any special respect for brood war players". Oh my Naniwa 0_0
I don't even know how to respond to that... Your a progamer for christ's sake.

He didn't play BW. Why would he?

They're the reason he has a job doing this in the first place.
R.I.P. 우정호 || Do probes dream of psionic sheep?
Ampster
Profile Joined August 2011
31 Posts
September 01 2011 02:01 GMT
#38
Nice documentary. Totally agreed with qxc about the skill ceiling, theres so many things you can do, no one master the game quite yet. Plenty of sloppy play.
DRG (zvt,zvz) | Stephano (zvp, zvt) | Parting (pvt) || Fantasy (tvt, tvp, fan) | Baby (fan) | Jaedong (fan)
Phil Phoenix
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States100 Posts
September 01 2011 02:03 GMT
#39
I think this is a good length for the subject. Short, snappy, and to the point. Also nice how clips from the games/events being mentioned are edited in.
Man, this ain't my dad. This is a cell phone!
SpinmovE
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada119 Posts
September 01 2011 02:05 GMT
#40
That was absolutely amazing. I'm not sure how to even express how awesome it was. You rarely get to see that side of the players and it is just awesome to finally get a glimpse of it.

Really all I can say to you is, MORE MORE MORE!!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft401
RuFF_SC2 194
Nina 89
-ZergGirl 69
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 6
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 659
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1122
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox784
Other Games
summit1g7971
WinterStarcraft353
C9.Mang0262
Livibee161
Sick129
Maynarde127
ViBE81
ArmadaUGS42
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick683
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream171
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2242
League of Legends
• Stunt405
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h
Stellar Fest
8h
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.