• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:12
CEST 05:12
KST 12:12
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7037 users

Starcraft 2 Year One: Mini Doc - Page 6

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Roberi
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden347 Posts
September 01 2011 12:13 GMT
#101
Great documentary-thing! Really interesting to see players with different attitudes towards the game. Stalife seems to approach SC2 more casually, saying he cares about making every game enjoyable for the viewer. Other players like NaNiwa seem to take it very seriously, the correct attitude imo.
A fan of ThorZaIN, MorroW, NaNiwa and SaSe. Sweden Fighting! /// @rob_eri
KingVietKong
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States170 Posts
September 01 2011 12:34 GMT
#102
More of an interview pack than a one year anniversary documentary. I liked it though, and I'm glad you guys picked some less popular yet solid players as well as super stars to talk to.
diverzee
Profile Joined September 2010
Sweden992 Posts
September 01 2011 13:24 GMT
#103
Great documentary/interviews, really enjoyed it. My only complaint would be including Stalife and to a lesser extent Spanishiwa. Those players haven't really achieved anything to deserve being included in a video with a theme of such dignity, and I found those parts where they were interviewed really boring compared to the awesome rest of the video.
Parting
Johnzee
Profile Joined April 2011
United States216 Posts
September 01 2011 13:30 GMT
#104
Cool doc!

Nighty-night, don't let the banelings explode.
“A children's story that can only be enjoyed by children is not a good children's story in the slightest.” - C.S. Lewis
Crying
Profile Joined February 2011
Bulgaria778 Posts
September 01 2011 13:57 GMT
#105
Jinro better sleep with lights on cos nobody knows when a baneling's gonna bust into the room!!!
:D i really lol'd at that story xD
Determination~ Hard Work Surpass NATURAL GENIUS!
TR
Profile Joined February 2011
2320 Posts
September 01 2011 14:58 GMT
#106
Really well done. I enjoyed it alot.
ClydeFrog
Profile Joined March 2011
United States16 Posts
September 01 2011 15:59 GMT
#107
I really liked it, really nice job!
Shorty90
Profile Joined July 2011
Germany154 Posts
September 01 2011 16:15 GMT
#108
I really liked the questions.
I can't believe I ate the whole thing.
pAnatiC
Profile Joined November 2010
Germany123 Posts
September 01 2011 17:05 GMT
#109
Nice Doc!
Really profesionel work!

Thanks a lot!
obsKura
Profile Joined March 2011
Ireland1061 Posts
September 01 2011 17:13 GMT
#110
I love this so much. It's so cool to listen to their opinions und to see more of the personalities of our heroes. Thanks WP!
C9 ~^v^~ In EE-sama we trust. ~^v^~ C9
Vadrigar
Profile Joined January 2011
Bulgaria2379 Posts
September 01 2011 17:26 GMT
#111
On September 01 2011 17:27 WP.Krukar wrote:
I'm glad people like it and I wanted to clarify something.

Naniwa brought it up as we talked to him at the start. He is here to win, his line about not having respect for BW players was most likely something lost in translation. I asked him how he would feel playing Boxer and to him a game is a game. Your opponent doesn't matter, only winning.

He gave me the badass stare the entire interview and as soon as we were done he just got up and left without saying anything. I was like man this guy is so intense. Then a minute later he comes back in to the room we interviewed him and says I forgot my pillow then just laughs.


LOL Naniboss!
Musketeer
Profile Joined August 2010
142 Posts
September 01 2011 17:51 GMT
#112
Thank God for qxc at 30:00. That really, really needed to be said.
legatus legionis
Profile Joined October 2010
Netherlands559 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 18:46:42
September 01 2011 17:53 GMT
#113
On September 01 2011 22:24 diverzee wrote:
Great documentary/interviews, really enjoyed it. My only complaint would be including Stalife and to a lesser extent Spanishiwa. Those players haven't really achieved anything to deserve being included in a video with a theme of such dignity, and I found those parts where they were interviewed really boring compared to the awesome rest of the video.


I deleted my post then watched a bit of the video and realized I shouldn't have.
Adding those players I feel is a good move. Look at starnation when they interview these random guys but they are so happy and have so much fun. They are important, the little kid playing is a great storyline and gives a lot of perspective. All of them are valuable and help paint the big picture.
If you stop looking at the player and look at the person, you can accept and appreciate what their unique views add.

Edit: As feedback, you have to balance the volume. It's really frustrating having it blast and rushing to the controls to lower it, then turning it up again when there is a low volume interview. Maybe if you have high volume it doesn't matter because you can hear everything but I'm sure there are many people who prefer to have the audio quite low, just enough so everything is clear to understand. And then you have to turn it up for the low parts and get blasted the high parts.
Emporio
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States3069 Posts
September 01 2011 17:56 GMT
#114
Spanishiwa would make such a good caster. He's got a pretty good voice, though I don't know if I've ever heard him excited, and based on what he's said before, he's a pretty analytical player.
How does it feel knowing you wasted another 3 seconds of your life reading this again?
genius_man16
Profile Joined February 2011
United States749 Posts
September 01 2011 18:48 GMT
#115
On September 01 2011 17:53 corpsepose wrote:
every time i hear naniwa talk i become more and more of a fan. the dude is a straight boss.


Me too. I remember i was turned off when I watched the TSL3 finals because of his thing with Chill but the more interviews I watch of him and stuff I just keep loving the guy more and more. He's got that drive and fire to succeed that you just have to admire and respect.

NaNiwa fighting!!
Dyrus | Vooby | Balls | Meteos | WildTurtle | Bjergsen | Cop | sexPeke | Xpecial | Aphromoo | Scarra |
Brainling
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
United States660 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-01 19:12:56
September 01 2011 19:12 GMT
#116
On September 02 2011 02:53 legatus legionis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 01 2011 22:24 diverzee wrote:
Great documentary/interviews, really enjoyed it. My only complaint would be including Stalife and to a lesser extent Spanishiwa. Those players haven't really achieved anything to deserve being included in a video with a theme of such dignity, and I found those parts where they were interviewed really boring compared to the awesome rest of the video.


I deleted my post then watched a bit of the video and realized I shouldn't have.
Adding those players I feel is a good move. Look at starnation when they interview these random guys but they are so happy and have so much fun. They are important, the little kid playing is a great storyline and gives a lot of perspective. All of them are valuable and help paint the big picture.
If you stop looking at the player and look at the person, you can accept and appreciate what their unique views add.


I agree with this. Their inclusion I think was important for the video. Their unique and different opinions of the game (that they play for fun, not to win) I think goes to show that this is still a video game community, no matter how "pro" it becomes. It also goes to show you can play for fun and still be incredibly good (say what you want about Stalife and/or Spanishiwa, they'd stomp most of us).

After watching the video, I will say I am very much a Jinro fan now. I think his perspective on the game is really balanced, and he gets that he has to balance that desire to win with the need to keep the fans engaged and have a good time himself. Plus the Baneling sleepwalking thing was pretty awesome.
"The welfare of each of us is dependent fundamentally upon the welfare of all of us." - Theodore Roosevelt
ProBaller
Profile Joined April 2011
United States33 Posts
September 03 2011 20:26 GMT
#117
That was really cool. I hope you keep doing these sorts of things! Mad love <3
Bwwwaaaruuuughh-Day[9]. "Im not cooooooooooool. Im so hoooooooooooooooooot"-HongUnPrime.
hugman
Profile Joined June 2009
Sweden4644 Posts
September 05 2011 17:51 GMT
#118
Don't take this the wrong way but I don't think this was a documentary, it was a couple of interviews cut together. A documentary needs to put interviews in a context.
Aiurr
Profile Joined May 2010
Poland80 Posts
September 05 2011 18:18 GMT
#119
So, Spanishiwa starts with the standard build study/starcraft and he will transition into mass study / mass starcraft depending on what his opponent will do, or just transition into caster, am I ritght?
Go for the eyes, Boo, go for the eyes!
Deso
Profile Joined November 2010
Austria88 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-09-05 18:21:38
September 05 2011 18:21 GMT
#120
Really liked the interviews - documentary thing, I hope to see more like these. Keep it up guys!
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 48m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft431
RuFF_SC2 158
Nina 91
-ZergGirl 83
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2289
Bale 17
yabsab 12
Terrorterran 12
Shuttle 0
Dota 2
febbydoto20
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1206
taco 405
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox665
Other Games
summit1g8683
JimRising 754
Day[9].tv500
C9.Mang0343
WinterStarcraft261
ViBE174
Maynarde148
Livibee138
Sick135
ArmadaUGS28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick982
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream178
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Response 14
• OhrlRock 4
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv500
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
7h 48m
Stellar Fest
9h 48m
The PondCast
1d 6h
OSC
1d 9h
Stellar Fest
1d 9h
OSC
1d 20h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.