• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:56
CEST 06:56
KST 13:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? Where can I find Flash replays that work? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6169 users

[Interview] Code S Ro8 Day 1 Winners

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Lixler
Profile Joined March 2010
United States265 Posts
August 31 2011 02:52 GMT
#1
Winner of Keen vs Optimus

[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=752217&category=13439

Q: This is the first time you've gotten to the Code S Round of 4.
A: I used to always just get to the Round of 16, and the Super Tournament was my first win. This time in the Round of 8 I felt similar to how I did in the Super Tournament, and thought I could win. Also, I defeated MMA in the Round of 16 and felt that I could ride my momentum through the tournament.

Q: How did you prepare for today's games?
A: My opponent used new builds, but my style worked well. I felt confident in my abilities so I based my strategy on expanding quickly.

Q: Yesterday, Marineking didn't use Mech, similar to how you played today.

A: I think Marineking did that because he is conscious of the upcoming patch, but personally I find opening with Bionic and using Mech in the late game powerful. Keen is not good with Mech, so I thought that Bionic would be good. It's just that Bionic is harder to control safely.

Q: Who would you like to face in the Round of 4?
A: I've only played Terrans since the Round of 32, so I'd like to face a Protoss in the Round of 4.

Q: Who might you like to face in the finals?

A: I hope it isn't MVP. He has a lot of finals experience and is showing strong form recently. But if a different player wants to challenge me that would be good.

Q: Before games, in what situations do you think you will win?
A: When I see the maps and the players I usually feel like I know whether I will win. Some players' styles are encouraged by certain maps, but when this isn't the case I feel confident.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: Please visit the online men's clothing store "www.primezzang.com". I hope that Marineking and Check will do well in the Up and Down matches, and I want to thank FXONuclear for his help in practice.



Winner of Genius vs TOP


[image loading]
Source - http://thisisgame.com/board/view.php?id=752351&category=13439

Q: This is your first Code S Round of 4.
A: To be honest, I was worried before the games. I practiced a lot, but I didn't feel good and was worried, so winning is definitely a relief.

Q: Why weren't you feeling good?
A: I kept doing poorly in practice. In practice my odds against Protoss were very bad. I lost a lot to Protosses both in and outside our team. But through my losses I was able to become better, and therefore I was able to win.

Q: Genius showed a lot of unique builds; it must have been difficult to practice.
A: Yes, but only Genius has this uniquely tenacious style, so practice was not as hard as the games. (laughs)

Q: In the first game, you lost to a void ray strategy.
A: I used a strategy Marineking suggested in the first set. In practice this was the build I had the most success with, but it didn't seem to be working and I got flustered. I should have used cloaked banshees, and it seems that choosing ravens caused me to lose.

Q: The later games were more about management/macro.
A: I lost the first game, so I altered my strategy in the second. I had originally prepared a different strategy, but I wanted to play safely and so went for a macro game.

Q: Which game was the hardest?
A: The last game was difficult. I was starting to get really worried, but I somehow made a comeback (laughs). Putting the planetary in front of my base seemed to be the proper choice. I thought I could lure my opponent with medivacs, and as expected he attacked. After that engagement, it seemed like I had won.

Q: You'll face Polt again in the Round of 4.
A: I still don't understand what happened in the Super Tournament, but I will practice hard to get revenge. Even though I got depressed when Polt beat me, time has softened that defeat and he will definitely pay.

Q: How would you rate your Round of 4 opponent, Polt?
A: He was an easy opponent in the open seasons, but now he has become a very strong player. It seems that the Round of 4 will be very tough.

Q: Polt is good at both Bionic and Mech, so it seems he will be a tough opponent.
A: I will have to prepare for every strategy. I will practice so that I will be able to use both Bionic and Mech well.

Q: Anything else you want to say?
A: I want to thank the players on my team as well as Puzzle, San, Tassadar for their help in practice. I want to especially thank San and Puzzle for enthusiastically helping me, and if I get a chance I would like to buy them a meal. I would also like to thank my parents and coaches. Finally, I want to thank Mom's Touch for their support.
GenesisX
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Canada4267 Posts
August 31 2011 02:53 GMT
#2
Thanks for translating! Should spoiler the pictures and interviews though :o
133 221 333 123 111
Shelke14
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Canada6655 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 02:57:36
August 31 2011 02:56 GMT
#3
On August 31 2011 11:53 GenesisX wrote:
Thanks for translating! Should spoiler the pictures and interviews though :o



The Title says interview with winners.... don't click on it if you dont wanna know the winners.. simple enough.

Edit: To respond to the interview... Top is so manner! Great to see players from other teams helping out.
Meteora.GB
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada2479 Posts
August 31 2011 03:16 GMT
#4
A rematch from the super tournament for a chance to move onto the finals, this should be exciting.

Hoping for Polt to pull through.
PeterHuynh
Profile Joined June 2011
United States151 Posts
August 31 2011 03:20 GMT
#5
anybody know what rts TOP came from before sc2?
.
Darathor
Profile Joined February 2011
United States327 Posts
August 31 2011 03:20 GMT
#6
Thanks for the interview! Polt vs. Top should be some great games! I think Polt will win that match, though. Should be interesting to see who will be in the other semifinal; probably MVP vs. someone else.
SenorChang
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia4730 Posts
August 31 2011 03:22 GMT
#7
whenever I see top with those glasses, all I can think of is a hipster nerd
ლ(╹◡╹ლ)
HeroHenry
Profile Joined November 2010
United States1723 Posts
August 31 2011 03:24 GMT
#8
Thanks for the translations :D
ReaperX
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Hong Kong1758 Posts
August 31 2011 03:24 GMT
#9
Awesome, thankss!
Artosis : Clide. idrA : Shut up.
Soulish
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1403 Posts
August 31 2011 03:25 GMT
#10
lol poltimus of course you want a P because then you auto win amirite?
me all in, he drone drone drone, me win
smallerk
Profile Joined October 2010
897 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-31 03:26:41
August 31 2011 03:26 GMT
#11
Nvm dumb post
Never Regret anything because at one time it was exactly what you wanted.
MrCon
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
France29748 Posts
August 31 2011 03:28 GMT
#12
So glad that those interviews are back. Thanks Lixler !
ShootingStars
Profile Joined August 2010
1475 Posts
August 31 2011 03:31 GMT
#13
WOW MARINEKING helped ogsTOP :D
Jojo131
Profile Joined January 2011
Brazil1631 Posts
August 31 2011 03:40 GMT
#14
AWWW YEAAAH Optimus to take this GSL.

AUTOBOTS ASSEMBLE!
TDN4
Profile Joined August 2011
United States45 Posts
August 31 2011 03:42 GMT
#15
Time to get myself some MarineKing hoodies.
DarkRise
Profile Joined November 2010
1644 Posts
August 31 2011 03:44 GMT
#16
Polt's 2nd championship?
MVP, MC and Nestea all had 2+ titles while Polt and FD has one
Rococo
Profile Joined May 2011
United States331 Posts
August 31 2011 07:14 GMT
#17
Yay, interviews! Thanks for doing this.

Polt and Top's TvTs in the super tournament were pretty epic so I'm looking forward to that rematch.
Ampster
Profile Joined August 2011
31 Posts
August 31 2011 09:06 GMT
#18
Thanks for the interview
DRG (zvt,zvz) | Stephano (zvp, zvt) | Parting (pvt) || Fantasy (tvt, tvp, fan) | Baby (fan) | Jaedong (fan)
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 6h 4m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft406
RuFF_SC2 181
Nina 99
-ZergGirl 63
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2067
sorry 39
Bale 26
910 17
yabsab 13
ZergMaN 8
Icarus 7
NotJumperer 4
Dota 2
LuMiX1
League of Legends
JimRising 677
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1134
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox761
Other Games
summit1g7864
WinterStarcraft336
C9.Mang0266
Livibee160
Maynarde130
Sick126
ViBE78
ArmadaUGS39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick732
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream167
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2248
League of Legends
• Stunt410
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
6h 4m
Stellar Fest
8h 4m
The PondCast
1d 5h
OSC
1d 8h
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
OSC
1d 19h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.