• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:40
CEST 13:40
KST 20:40
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8753 users

Barcraft LA!!!! - Page 2

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Murrr
Profile Joined March 2011
27 Posts
August 24 2011 03:56 GMT
#21
Downtown pl0x
Shadico
Profile Joined April 2011
United States32 Posts
August 24 2011 05:04 GMT
#22
On August 24 2011 11:47 Primadog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 10:41 Conquerer67 wrote:
West side is closest to me, but if we could put it in Compton, I know some guys.

On topic: Good idea, let's do it and throw down


I'd prefer not to be shot.



Eh, nowadays compton is more of a Mexican area. Theres still a few bad streets, but it isn't even close to how bad it was a decade ago.


I'm all for going. I'm in Downey myself, so I think Downtown would be closer, but downtown traffic is always horrific. Dunno if it would actually be faster or not, lol. Ugh, the 5. *shudder*
There ain't nothin' to it, Day[9] made me do it!
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
August 24 2011 05:28 GMT
#23
I'd say Westside. Santa Monica would be awesome.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
Ncage
Profile Joined October 2009
United States91 Posts
August 24 2011 05:34 GMT
#24
I'm going to be living in Sherman Oaks (San Fernando Valley) so that would be a dream come true if I could walk to a SC bar.

But Westwood seems to make a fair amount of sense. I bet more than a handful of UCLA nerds would love to have a nice SC hangout. Also its really far away from USC so, you know, what could be better than that?
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
August 24 2011 05:39 GMT
#25
Westside!
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
alant
Profile Joined October 2010
United States7 Posts
August 24 2011 05:40 GMT
#26
I would go and SGV or Westwood would be best for me
djdubshift
Profile Joined June 2010
United States4 Posts
August 24 2011 06:06 GMT
#27
On August 24 2011 12:22 Primadog wrote:
You guys are looking too small, LA can easily support half a dozen locations.


Maybe not half a dozen, but LA is a HUGE area, and a lot of people will be there even if you split barcraft LA among two or three places. So maybe choose the top two or three places that are suggested and have people in each of those areas set up the events? I think that sounds pretty reasonable.

As for me, Downtown/K-twon ftw.
Lysenko
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
Iceland2128 Posts
August 24 2011 08:55 GMT
#28
On August 24 2011 15:06 djdubshift wrote:
Maybe not half a dozen, but LA is a HUGE area, and a lot of people will be there even if you split barcraft LA among two or three places.


Yeah, my first thought was that you'd get the thing going and 2000 people would show up.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
Evangelist
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
1246 Posts
August 24 2011 09:15 GMT
#29
I wish we could get something like this going UK side, but sadly I think we're a generation behind even the US in terms of e-sports acceptance. Good luck!
Hikikomori
Profile Joined September 2010
United States3 Posts
August 24 2011 10:12 GMT
#30
I'm already halfway through setting one up. It may be best for us to join forces. Let me know. I have possible locations in SFV, Northhollywood, and Downtown.
Writer at Wow-achievements.com
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 24 2011 10:13 GMT
#31
If you can get ones ready for Raleigh, send me a pm.
Thank God and gunrun.
crojar
Profile Joined August 2010
United States59 Posts
August 24 2011 13:45 GMT
#32
All the Westwood suggesters UCLA students?
MassHysteria
Profile Joined October 2010
United States3678 Posts
August 24 2011 13:51 GMT
#33
I would say SFV but hey they are all pretty close so doesn't really matter.

let me know if any help is needed!
"Just ban all the J's...even jinklejoes" --unnamed source
LSC110
Profile Joined August 2011
1 Post
August 24 2011 19:30 GMT
#34
Hey Guys, totally new to all of this but I work for a bar and restaurant in Hollywood that might be interested in showing "Barcraft" could someone provide me with a little more info on how I could get this moving? Thanks!
mucker
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States1120 Posts
August 24 2011 19:36 GMT
#35
Westside
It's supposed to be automatic but actually you have to press this button.
EcterA
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States949 Posts
August 24 2011 19:39 GMT
#36
I'm all for this. I'm in Los Feliz so downtown works or west side...I'm willing to drive.
dbosworld
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States317 Posts
August 24 2011 19:41 GMT
#37
Well if your Title is Barcraft LA, it wouldn't be up north like in the OP. I would say you get the most results somewhere between LA and SD.
Former CAL-I/CPL CounterStrike Player - Halo1PC CPL/CAL Player
Conquerer67
Profile Joined May 2011
United States605 Posts
August 25 2011 00:11 GMT
#38
On August 24 2011 14:04 Shadico wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 24 2011 11:47 Primadog wrote:
On August 24 2011 10:41 Conquerer67 wrote:
West side is closest to me, but if we could put it in Compton, I know some guys.

On topic: Good idea, let's do it and throw down


I'd prefer not to be shot.



Eh, nowadays compton is more of a Mexican area. Theres still a few bad streets, but it isn't even close to how bad it was a decade ago.


I'm all for going. I'm in Downey myself, so I think Downtown would be closer, but downtown traffic is always horrific. Dunno if it would actually be faster or not, lol. Ugh, the 5. *shudder*


The five is retarded during rush hour. Which for some reason manages to extend throughout the entire day.

And as for gangland, it is turning mexican, but there are still a lot of black gangs spread throughout. It's gonna take awhile for the Kings to spread in and take over.
I hate when people compare SC2 and rochambeu. One race isn't fucking supposed to counter another one. | Protoss isn't OP. Their units on the other hand....
HelixDnB
Profile Joined March 2011
United States34 Posts
August 25 2011 01:06 GMT
#39
I live in Burbank - so anywhere near there would be dope.
"Shouting bite-sized self-assuring snippets of random thoughts into the air is basically how our generation communicates now."
aNDRoM
Profile Blog Joined July 2010
United States637 Posts
August 25 2011 07:51 GMT
#40
Not sure if I can make one this weekend, but one is somewhat in the works.
Hi. My name is Werner Brandes. My voice is my passport. Verify me.
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 20m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko355
ProTech124
SpeCial 114
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16268
firebathero 1937
Bisu 1274
Hyuk 660
Horang2 597
BeSt 310
Larva 237
Mini 231
EffOrt 190
Light 173
[ Show more ]
Soma 145
Leta 92
ZerO 92
Mong 82
Barracks 80
Rush 80
Snow 55
Pusan 52
Killer 47
Sea.KH 39
ToSsGirL 38
Sharp 34
zelot 32
NaDa 32
Shinee 32
Aegong 32
Mind 29
Yoon 24
Sexy 24
sorry 19
Bale 19
Sacsri 19
ajuk12(nOOB) 18
JulyZerg 11
Noble 9
Terrorterran 7
Dota 2
XaKoH 398
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss894
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1151
Khaldor1019
Other Games
gofns34622
singsing2084
olofmeister1170
B2W.Neo285
Livibee122
Mew2King84
ArmadaUGS50
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream236
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 4
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH143
• StrangeGG 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
1h 20m
OSC
10h 20m
CranKy Ducklings
22h 20m
Online Event
23h 20m
FEL
1d 4h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 5h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 7h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 22h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.