• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:48
CEST 01:48
KST 08:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8701 users

Barcraft Summary Thread - Page 11

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
KangaRuthless
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States304 Posts
August 28 2011 11:00 GMT
#201
So disappointed there isn't a BarCraft in Atlanta.
www.youtube.com/KangaRuthless
Syben
Profile Joined October 2010
United States512 Posts
August 28 2011 11:05 GMT
#202
Shit, I move away from Ventura and a barcraft opens up just down the road from where I lived.
Definitely gonna switch to G, the only race I havent played yet. - TLO
DeadPixels
Profile Joined October 2010
United States78 Posts
August 28 2011 15:50 GMT
#203
On August 22 2011 09:29 Gradius wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 30 2011 03:04 IntoTheBush wrote:
Ok so now somebody needs to do start this in the Cincinnati area ^^

I give this my stamp of approval.


Yes please.
Cade
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1420 Posts
August 28 2011 21:10 GMT
#204
So disappointed that I decided to come to this barcraft. So horribly run
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 28 2011 21:22 GMT
#205
On August 29 2011 06:10 Cade wrote:
So disappointed that I decided to come to this barcraft. So horribly run


Which one is it? What was the issue?


BarCraft London -
Album
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Thank God and gunrun.
Cade
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada1420 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-28 21:35:30
August 28 2011 21:33 GMT
#206
On August 29 2011 06:22 Primadog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 29 2011 06:10 Cade wrote:
So disappointed that I decided to come to this barcraft. So horribly run


Which one is it? What was the issue?

+ Show Spoiler +

BarCraft London -
Album
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]


That looks quite awesome! I was referring to the one in Boulder Colorado at Boulder beer Co. Can't get a beer here to save your life, I've run into a couple cool people but the guy running it is an asshole. I would much rather be watching from home lol
mechavoc
Profile Joined December 2010
United States664 Posts
August 28 2011 21:36 GMT
#207
So sad barcraft was cancled due to the weather
Next time.....
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-08-29 20:29:29
August 29 2011 00:37 GMT
#208
Here are some of the numbers I have gotten from the barcraft organizers during MLG Raleigh, 2011.


* Dallas / Denton 190
* Ottawa ~150
* Austin ~130
* Washington DC ~130
* Portland 125 (by tabs)
* Toronto 100++ (150?)
* Seattle 100++
* San Francisco ~100
* San Diego ~100
* Chicago ~100
* Gainesville ~75
* Edmonton / Rouge Lounge ~ 60
* Edmonton / Oodle Noodle D1 ~50 D2 ~30
* Pittsburgh 30~40
* London D1 ~30 D2 ~30 D3 ~30
* LA / Ktown ~70
* LA / Anaheim ~35
* LA / Ventura ~20
Thank God and gunrun.
ReAson75
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States130 Posts
August 29 2011 04:14 GMT
#209
Austin representing!

[image loading]
Aoi_10
Profile Joined October 2010
United States155 Posts
August 29 2011 04:43 GMT
#210
On August 29 2011 09:37 Primadog wrote:
Austin ~120
Seattle 100++
San Diego ~100
Chicago ~100
Edmonton / Rouge Lounge ~ 60
Edmonton / Oodle Noodle D1 ~50 D2 ~30
LA / Ktown ~70
LA / Anaheim ~35
LA / Ventura ~20


I didn't take roll or anything, but I'd say there were 40-50 in SF a couple hours after it started (I'm sure more came, but that's when I left). Thanks for organizing, and hope there are more in the future!
maka.albarn
Profile Joined August 2010
United States102 Posts
August 29 2011 05:42 GMT
#211
Representing DC Barcraft, there were probably more that 100+ or so, I will post pics when I get them
Here are my thought about it

To the fine folks that braved Irene and descended on Raleigh, I salute you. Even though you took down the elite of e-sports, you were no match for the Horde from the Far East.

To the adventurous young gentlemen and ladies that showed up at Public Tenley, I was with you. We saw, cried, played, argued and had a wonderful time. Even though in the end we had to witness and admit that the master race of all humanity are the Koreans we had a blast with some Vespene Gas, the Terran, the Zerg, the Protoss, and even some ventured and hit it off with the Mothership.



To the rest, the miserable, the unfortunate, the locked up in the basement watching all alone, I offer you the ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Hello, this is your friendly neighbor, fellow reddit lurker, MakaAlbarn. I am sober, biased, and here to promote my community website for the DC Area SCII (like us on Facebook). I will give some of my thoughts, reactions, and rage on the most recent MLG in Raleigh and the awesome environment at Public Tenley.

Lets start with rage, because chances are you will not read the rest of the article. Come on Blizzard, Koreans need to be nerfed! I mean like seriously again? Top six goes to Koreans. Not even Dignitas.Select, who may I add is an American Korean. Nor Huk, the last hope of the foreigners who actually plays in Korea (he is in round of 8 in GSL). Or Sjow, who's name may never be pronounced correctly. None were able to defeat their Korean opponents.

Nonetheless, the crowd at Public Tenley cheered on, for Slayers.Coca or the eventual champion STBomber. It was a great series, both players were showing signs of fatigue with missed micro and macro. Commentators were blabbering some nonsense (we forgive you DAY 9, Husky keep up with your improvement) and of course the lag issues and fail stream. I know MLG will fix those issues, come Orlando.

Public Tenley, you did it again. We love you! I give you DAY 9 ♥. Seriously good job, I hope we can do this again and more often. I must admit, there was a lot of down time and not a lot of room, I feel like the enthusiasm was spot on from the management to the bartender. My only complaint is that we require additional overchairs upstairs!

Special Thanks goes to all the BarCraft organizers and planners, I don't know where we would be without you, well I would probably be locked up in my basement all alone .

Until next time,

MakaAlbarn

Almas

P.S. Pictures will follow soon! Can't wait for Orlando, join us in Annandale for some SCII + Cookout = FUN. Check out the DC Meetup page, itsgosu.com, or dcsc2.com for more details.
Courage
Razakiel
Profile Joined August 2011
Canada5 Posts
August 29 2011 05:57 GMT
#212
Was great to get to meet so many like-minded people!

Here's a few pics taken from my old broken iphone at the Ottawa barcraft before it ran out of batteries. Don't have an actual count, but I'm sure well over 100 people showed up through the day.
First pic is an (empty) thor drop, next to a Colossus (which apparently got nerfed and shrunken for this event) and a creep (which was actually purple, even if you can't tell from the lighting)

Awesome time, even though I think I now understand why marines need a space suit to go on creep... uuugggghhh my head hurts!

Enjoy!

+ Show Spoiler +

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Pugget
Profile Joined November 2010
United States212 Posts
August 29 2011 05:58 GMT
#213
On August 29 2011 06:33 Cade wrote:
That looks quite awesome! I was referring to the one in Boulder Colorado at Boulder beer Co. Can't get a beer here to save your life, I've run into a couple cool people but the guy running it is an asshole. I would much rather be watching from home lol


Is it possible that you entered a wormhole and attended this event in an alternative universe? While there were minor things to work on (sound), I thought this event came off quite well. Had a blast myself! And there was beer on every table.
Zaranth
Profile Blog Joined June 2011
United States345 Posts
August 29 2011 16:16 GMT
#214
Hi OP, may want to include this link on the front page:

Rock Paper Shotgun Article Re: Barcraft

Hope Boston has another one next MLG! No more hurricanes on MLG weekends ...
Maker of Cheerfuls @eZaranth
Primadog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States4411 Posts
August 29 2011 17:26 GMT
#215
So tired @.@ will round up media stuff later this week.
Thank God and gunrun.
Tennet
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1458 Posts
August 29 2011 17:38 GMT
#216
I still have 2 years till I can fully enjoy Barcraft but the closest ones are like 5 hours away from me T_T so hopefully in those two years some opens up in MI..
"The harder it gets, the more you need to focus on the basics." - Seo Gyung Jong
Cordelia
Profile Joined August 2011
19 Posts
August 29 2011 19:46 GMT
#217
Ottawa had more like 150!
Georules
Profile Joined August 2011
United States1 Post
August 30 2011 18:12 GMT
#218
Tallahassee BarCraft at the Tomahawk Bar and Grill was great. At least 30 people there, space started to run out, hopefully we can get more room and TVs next time! The location's food and beer selection (a number of craft brews on tap) was great. Thanks to all who organized it, my wife and I had a great time.
JiYan
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
United States3668 Posts
August 30 2011 18:22 GMT
#219
yea the san francisco one ran by twitch.tv and mad dog is always really huge. i think they were one of the first ones to do barcraft if im not mistaken.
rdcpohl
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada188 Posts
August 30 2011 19:08 GMT
#220
Wish i could have made it to the Ottawa one t.t There was a barcraft article in the Ottawa Citizen this morning on front of business and tech section iirc..can't post it, so if someone gets the chance...
Prev 1 9 10 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 162
Vindicta 29
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10065
Rain 653
Artosis 613
Bale 16
League of Legends
Doublelift4008
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox729
Mew2King145
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor980
Other Games
summit1g9307
shahzam603
JimRising 563
Day[9].tv502
PiGStarcraft140
NeuroSwarm73
ArmadaUGS72
ViBE56
C9.Mang011
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream103
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 43
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 44
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie777
• Day9tv502
• Scarra441
• Shiphtur183
Upcoming Events
OSC
12m
Stellar Fest
13h 12m
OSC
22h 12m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.