• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:09
CEST 15:09
KST 22:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War625.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8256 users

Grubby makes his own team!

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
rbkl
Profile Joined March 2010
772 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-03 20:27:50
April 03 2011 20:26 GMT
#1
SteelSeries as my main sponsor

April 3rd, 2011

I’m really excited to share a major piece of news in my gaming career with all of you guys. Together with my wife I will be leading a new one-man team, “Team Grubby” if you will. As I apply and commit myself to StarCraft II, I will be supported in this by my main sponsor. SteelSeries has done a lot for eSports and thus its fans; sponsoring tournaments, teams and now their first individually sponsored player. With SteelSeries’ support, I can develop myself as a player, visit tournaments and support myself as a professional gamer.

In a more direct way, I can continue to use the excellent gaming equipment that I’ve grown to love over the past years already. I use full SteelSeries gear for a few years already, and this has helped me to win dozens of tournaments, including the World Cyber Games, Electronic Sports World Cup, World eSports Masters, World Series of Video Games and BlizzCon. For more information on my exact gaming set-up, see the Q&A below.

It’s been two and a half months since I started with Starcraft 2, and I’ve grown to love the game a lot. Improving day by day, I am motivated to grow as a player. I know it would be a big challenge to catch up with the other players who had been playing for a year already, but with your support, I feel that I could just be up to the task. I’m grateful to all my fans for choosing to follow me on my journey to be one of the top players in Europe. I will play hard and continue to bring you my best.

I’ve gotten a round of questions already at MLG Dallas (my debut event as a solo player) and through Facebook & Twitter and so on, that I thought it’d be nice if I do some FAQ’s.

Will you be joining a team?
I am a one-man team for now, just like White-Ra. I’ve learned enough over the past 8 years that I’ve been doing pro-gaming to know how to manage most things myself. Of course, I will be aided by my wife (Cassandra) and some cool people I’ll be working with. The knowledge and experience of my sponsors, partners, people who have volunteered to help me and people I’ve hired to do things, will all help out in a big way.

Without team mates, how are you going to train?
I will continue to train as I always have. Training on ladder; training with friends and practice partners; and by myself.

[image loading]

Grubby with his friend, TLO

Are there any other players maybe going to join the Grubby team?
It would have to be a mannered, professional, talented and hard-working player. I’d love to give such a player a chance to develop himself with proper support and guidance if the time is right for it.

Will you be looking for any more sponsors?
Yes. Getting more sponsors would provide me with the chance to visit more events, be a professional gamer for longer, do more activities or projects for the fans and maybe even allow me to support other talented gamers with sponsorship.

[image loading]

Grubby taking pictures with his fans.

How will you going solo affect the amount of tournaments you visit in the future?
Starting up for myself could of course be challenging in the start. I have one great sponsor and a few partners already. I’ll continue to work hard both in the game and outside so that I could land more sponsorships. This would help me to travel to the awesome tournaments around the globe.

What’s your current set-up for gaming?
I’m using the SteelSeries Ikari Laser on their 5L semi-hard semi-soft mouse pad, the 6Gv2 mechanical keyboard and the 7H headset (I choose the provided leather ear cups for sound isolation).

Will we be able to see you streaming again any time soon?
Once I get back to the Netherlands (April 6th), I’d love to enjoy the company of my fans through my streaming once again. It’s great to chat in between games and have an audience spectate as I attempt to get into Grandmasters League, train and have fun. A bunch of people came up to me at MLG to say how much they enjoyed my stream. I’m glad you feel the same way as me about it! :p So see you guys soon on my stream.

You have a really cool Jersey! Is there any way for fans to order shirts just like it?

[image loading]

Grubby competing at his first big SC2 tournament, MLG Dallas.

[image loading]

Grubby gaining tournament experience at MLG Dallas, 1st - 3rd April 2011

Thanks, glad you like it! I developed it together with Enuzi Clothing, one of my partners. It was supposed to be something that’s comfortable and looks good, and I’m really happy with it. I plan to offer the same jersey to fans in the future; coming soon!

Before then, there’ll be a contest on my Facebook page where two participants will be able to obtain an exclusive autographed Grubby jersey. To enter the contest and have a chance to win, just become a fan of the Grubby page and follow the contest rules. Two lucky winners will be chosen.

[image loading]

Autographed Grubby Jersey.

[image loading]

Grubby jerseys give-aways at Grubby Facebook page.

This contest should go live today or tomorrow! So check back on my Facebook for more details.

Warmest Regards,
Grubby

Fans, press and interested sponsors can email to:
-fanmail@followgrubby.com
-press@followgrubby.com
-sponsorship@followgrubby.com

Grubby’s portals:
Website: http://www.followgrubby.com/ (coming soon)
Facebook Page: http://www.facebook.com/FollowGrubby
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/FollowGrubby
Blog: http://followgrubby.tumblr.com/
Stream: http://www.justin.tv/followgrubby



Found this on his twitter, you can find more information at his website at http://followgrubby.tumblr.com/post/4317750304/steelseries-as-my-main-sponsor


This is pretty exciting? Will WC3 consolidate completely to SC2 before BW?
www.check6gaming.com // www.iugaming.com ** Indiana's Premier Gaming / Starcraft Community **
SmoKim
Profile Joined March 2010
Denmark10305 Posts
April 03 2011 20:27 GMT
#2
return of 4kings?

exiting news, best of luck Grubby
"LOL I have 202 supply right now (3 minutes later)..."LOL NOW I HAVE 220 SUPPLY SUP?!?!?" - Mondragon
rbkl
Profile Joined March 2010
772 Posts
April 03 2011 20:28 GMT
#3
On April 04 2011 05:27 SmoKim wrote:
return of 4kings?

exiting news, best of luck Grubby


I havent heard about creolophus and some of the others -- where didd they gooo?
www.check6gaming.com // www.iugaming.com ** Indiana's Premier Gaming / Starcraft Community **
BasedSwag
Profile Joined April 2010
Algeria418 Posts
April 03 2011 20:28 GMT
#4
I didn't know Grubby had a wife, he seems really young.
Cosmos
Profile Joined March 2010
Belgium1077 Posts
April 03 2011 20:29 GMT
#5
More like return of TheKing
http://www.twitch.tv/becosmos
roofs
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada112 Posts
April 03 2011 20:30 GMT
#6
ahhaha @ http://www.followgrubby.com/

awesome homepage
no it's yours
MaKfejA
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada117 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-03 20:31:29
April 03 2011 20:31 GMT
#7
On April 04 2011 05:28 BasedSwag wrote:
I didn't know Grubby had a wife, he seems really young.

+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]


Grubby and his wife. Dude's a nerd baller.
short
Profile Joined January 2011
Sweden148 Posts
April 03 2011 20:31 GMT
#8
Pretty cool. Good luck to him.
Strike_
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Netherlands704 Posts
April 03 2011 20:33 GMT
#9
So like slayersboxer?
Anyway I think he will prove himself in the NASL.
Grubby fighting!
DJ Roomba
Profile Joined October 2010
158 Posts
April 03 2011 20:33 GMT
#10
woot
Gackt_
Profile Joined March 2010
335 Posts
April 03 2011 20:34 GMT
#11
grubby got huge gums, gl with that team.
D1pstick
Profile Joined October 2010
United States106 Posts
April 03 2011 20:36 GMT
#12
Awesome, Grubby seams nice and is knowledgeable enough to run a team. Can't wait to see where it goes.
UberThing
Profile Joined April 2010
Great Britain410 Posts
April 03 2011 20:40 GMT
#13
The website is jokes
Wag1
-Yellow-
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada23 Posts
April 03 2011 20:41 GMT
#14
What if you don't have facebook?
My overlords will block out the sun!
resilve
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United Kingdom678 Posts
April 03 2011 20:42 GMT
#15
Given cassandra is involved in his work, and she is an esport manager, it makes a lot of sense that he should either find a team where she has a role (like wc3 division of EG) or make a new team where she can run it.

Makes his leaving EG understandable, had to keep domestic harmony
Socke Fighting!!!!
sOvrn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States678 Posts
April 03 2011 20:45 GMT
#16
Grats to grubby! Awesome player with an awesome attitude. I wish him as much success in sc2 as he had in wc3!!
My favorites: Terran - Maru // Protoss - SoS // Zerg - soO ~~~ fighting!
Terranist
Profile Blog Joined March 2009
United States2496 Posts
April 03 2011 20:45 GMT
#17
he certainly has a lot of influence in the wc3 world. i could see him flying solo as a one man team for a while until things come together though.
The Show of a Lifetime
Ezze
Profile Joined October 2010
Canada934 Posts
April 03 2011 20:46 GMT
#18
GL Grubby! Will always be a fan!
Mithriel
Profile Joined November 2010
Netherlands2969 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-04-03 21:18:57
April 03 2011 20:48 GMT
#19
Exciting news! Wish you all the best the future and I'll be watching your stream and tournament games closely as always!

ps. Shirts are indeed baller, if i can support your sc2 career by ordering one of those shirts i'll buy one!
There is no shame in defeat so long as the spirit is unconquered. | Cheering for Maru, Innovation and MMA!
zero445
Profile Joined December 2010
Turkey101 Posts
April 03 2011 20:48 GMT
#20
great news!!!
love that jersey!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 51m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 601
Railgan 60
MindelVK 24
Codebar 1
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 68375
Calm 10808
Rain 2418
Bisu 2226
FanTaSy 800
Stork 671
Rush 506
soO 481
Soma 247
Snow 218
[ Show more ]
firebathero 213
Last 177
Light 109
Mind 95
hero 88
Pusan 86
Sea.KH 71
Sharp 56
Free 42
ToSsGirL 41
Trap 39
Bale 36
Mong 31
Hm[arnc] 29
Aegong 22
zelot 19
Sexy 16
HiyA 15
yabsab 15
Noble 14
Sacsri 12
Shine 12
IntoTheRainbow 9
scan(afreeca) 7
Rock 5
Terrorterran 5
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc8449
Dendi889
Counter-Strike
fl0m2969
byalli807
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King76
Other Games
gofns38078
singsing2300
B2W.Neo635
Liquid`RaSZi338
Pyrionflax241
Beastyqt135
Hui .113
Happy57
Trikslyr45
Chillindude17
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV212
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• 3DClanTV 104
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP39
• Response 7
• Dystopia_ 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV493
League of Legends
• Jankos2960
• Nemesis2920
Counter-Strike
• C_a_k_e 1355
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
1h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
BSL Open Qualifier
5h 51m
OSC
9h 51m
Replay Cast
9h 51m
OSC
22h 51m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 21h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.