• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:55
CEST 11:55
KST 18:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)36Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work?
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7731 users

Beta Access Revoked - Dopeman - Page 17

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 23 Next All
Antisocialmunky
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States5913 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-20 00:13:20
May 20 2010 00:04 GMT
#321
I doubt they care they've been copy/pasta the 'beta is a privilege' message to be about the invite I won at PCGamer. :-|

Edit: They flatly refused to invite another account because I ended up getting and entering the TL key first. Seriously, its no sweat off their back to invite someone else and yet they refused and refused to be understanding about it because 'beta is a privilege'.
[゚n゚] SSSSssssssSSsss ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Marine/Raven Guide:http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=163605
Commodore
Profile Joined January 2008
United States97 Posts
May 20 2010 00:09 GMT
#322
On May 20 2010 09:04 Antisocialmunky wrote:
I doubt they care they've been copy/pasta the 'beta is a privilege' message to be about the invite I won at PCGamer.

I hate to state the obvious, but Blizzard profits from giving people beta access, that's why they do it...
HalfAmazing
Profile Joined May 2008
Netherlands402 Posts
May 20 2010 00:14 GMT
#323
I might take a moral stance and not buy the game if this level of ridiculousness continues.
You can figure out the other half.
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
May 20 2010 00:20 GMT
#324
On May 19 2010 07:04 spinesheath wrote:
I appreciate the banning of very offensive names, but this one certainly doesn't seem bad enough to be woth a ban. It is quite a bad name imo though

Blatantly obvious racist etc names should go for sure.

Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 06:56 Tsagacity wrote:
The filter censors "backdoor" and "came." I hope that insanely strict approach towards ambiguous interpretations isn't used with names :s


Really? In a game where every second map has a backdoor? "came"!??!!? This is mad.

Black was as well, I'm not sure if it still is. I have my censor off.

I don't think it's offensive, but it's a good policy. You got the crappy end of the proverbial stick, but drug references are offensive to some people, regardless of whether you think so or not.
Sharpiez
Profile Joined November 2008
United States30 Posts
May 20 2010 00:36 GMT
#325
I don't think any name doesn't violate those rules.

I am screwed, my username is Sharpiez and that probably violates their trademark policy or somehting. Wtf.

Artosis: hes a piece of !@#$ then
MutaDoom
Profile Blog Joined January 2009
Canada1163 Posts
May 20 2010 00:40 GMT
#326
On May 20 2010 09:36 Sharpiez wrote:
I don't think any name doesn't violate those rules.

I am screwed, my username is Sharpiez and that probably violates their trademark policy or somehting. Wtf.


Probably does. Actually, my email to log in has last resort in it, from the Papa Roach song(Made that email like 10 years ago haha). A friend of mine's name is Patrick Sharp, identical to the player on the Chicago Blackhawks. It's his real name, so it shouldn't be banworthy, but who knows? Based on these rules, they very well could ban him, and have a legitimate case against it. I don't think it's fair, but that's just how it is.
Lysergide
Profile Joined April 2010
United States18 Posts
May 20 2010 00:43 GMT
#327
Hm... I wonder if I'll ever get in trouble for my name.

I mean, if you don't know what it means, it just looks like a funky word. I don't even think it could be offensive to anyone anyway. If you know what my name means without looking it up it probably will just make you smile.
Fighting ladder anxiety since WC3:FT
Shigure
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States215 Posts
May 20 2010 00:48 GMT
#328
You cant say black or white in chat lol. much fail.
Iam the mod in KawaiiRice's stream, banning you
Grassy
Profile Joined April 2010
United States9 Posts
May 20 2010 00:50 GMT
#329
On May 20 2010 09:20 MutaDoom wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 19 2010 07:04 spinesheath wrote:
I appreciate the banning of very offensive names, but this one certainly doesn't seem bad enough to be woth a ban. It is quite a bad name imo though

Blatantly obvious racist etc names should go for sure.

On May 19 2010 06:56 Tsagacity wrote:
The filter censors "backdoor" and "came." I hope that insanely strict approach towards ambiguous interpretations isn't used with names :s


Really? In a game where every second map has a backdoor? "came"!??!!? This is mad.

Black was as well, I'm not sure if it still is. I have my censor off.

I don't think it's offensive, but it's a good policy. You got the crappy end of the proverbial stick, but drug references are offensive to some people, regardless of whether you think so or not.


A POSSIBLE reference to one of the most tame drugs in the world resulting in an instant ban? How is that a good policy? ANYTHING can be found offensive to someone in the world, so they might as well remove the ability for players to talk or even have names on bnet. Complete anonymity is the answer.
poop
StorrZerg
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States13922 Posts
May 20 2010 00:50 GMT
#330
man, guess you should have used a less offensive name.

I think blizzard's policy is flawed and needs to not ban users for the name, just reset the account and warn them
Hwaseung Oz fan for life. Swing out, always swing out.
fireb0rn
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada15 Posts
May 20 2010 01:00 GMT
#331
On May 19 2010 06:56 Zeke50100 wrote:
It's not that it's offensive, it's that it's inappropriate. It's like calling your character Marajuana. How do you think it would work out if everybody was running around with names like "Cocaine," "Weed," "Dope," etc.?

It's a justified policy.


I guess if people had names like that, battle.net would somehow cease to function? What do you think? Maybe you're forgetting people have had names like those since the beginning of the internet, and it hasn't made a difference at all. It is pretty annoying that they thought a name as unoffensive as "Dopeman" worthy of a ban. Pretty ridiculous, actually. Marijuana isn't illegal everywhere, and it's considered a dangerous substance nowhere.
love1another
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States1844 Posts
May 20 2010 01:03 GMT
#332
On May 20 2010 09:43 Lysergide wrote:
Hm... I wonder if I'll ever get in trouble for my name.

I mean, if you don't know what it means, it just looks like a funky word. I don't even think it could be offensive to anyone anyway. If you know what my name means without looking it up it probably will just make you smile.

Lysergide as in lysergic acid, as in acid, as in LSD.
"I'm learning more and more that TL isn't the place to go for advice outside of anything you need in college. It's like you guys just make up your own fantasy world shit and post it as if you've done it." - Chill
rS.Sinatra
Profile Joined May 2010
Canada785 Posts
May 20 2010 01:17 GMT
#333
i'm just happy they are pro-actively banning users who talk mad-trash or are completely bad mannered like "rottedchode"
www.rsgaming.com
morimacil
Profile Joined March 2010
France921 Posts
May 20 2010 01:21 GMT
#334
Its not really about whether you find it offensive or not.
Its more about if its appropriate or not.
I guess none of you are parents, most people here must be teenagers. So yeah, you probably smoke weed, and dont find names like "dopeman" offensive. To be honest, neither do I, but thats not the point.
The point is, that when the game is rated for 12 and above, as parents or as a company, you just dont really want the 12 year old kid to log in, and then face off against "dopeman.dopeman", "crack.addic7ed", "mein.kampf", "gay.fucker", and all that good stuff that people some up with for names when there is no moderation.
Now sure, you might not find the name "dopeman" offensive. And for example, a nazi wouldnt find the name "mein.kampf" offensive. And I suspect that drug users wont find the name "crack.addic7ed" to be offensive.
But they are still inappropriate. And 12 year old kids still shouldnt be seeing that kind of stuff when they log on to battle.net.
The question is not whether you as a teenager find the name offensive, the question is whether its an appropriate name for a 12 year old kid to see.

Seriously, how hard can it be to come up with a name that isnt a reference to drugs, sex, or an insult?
Ruthless
Profile Joined August 2008
United States492 Posts
May 20 2010 01:22 GMT
#335
The internet is becoming politically correct .

Back in the day we were not patrolled what so ever when we played these games online. Now i feel like companies are much more concerned about making the experience controlled.
Disarray
Profile Blog Joined December 2007
United States1164 Posts
May 20 2010 01:24 GMT
#336
i still fail to see how dopeman can be perceived as more offensive or inappropriate than demuslim.


do i think either are offensive or inappropriate ? no, but i fail to see how one could be more than the other.
Input limit reached. Please wait to perform more actions.
Baarn
Profile Joined April 2010
United States2702 Posts
May 20 2010 01:26 GMT
#337
Blizzard is a PC company and generally supports that mindset. Although I am not a fan of the PC culture I am not upset over it. I just accept that it is their policy and I can simply not use any of their software if it bothers me so much.

There's no S in KT. :P
Anxiety
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States650 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-05-20 01:27:27
May 20 2010 01:26 GMT
#338
The filters censor "black" too... i see no point, except maybe racism? I was bored so i typed "black sheep wall" and was gonna do the spacebar thing with "Cheat Enabled" in SC BW...
Zeke50100
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2220 Posts
May 20 2010 01:27 GMT
#339
For some reason, people still think inappropriate = offensive.

And it doesn't even matter if you think it isn't inappropriate, because it's society as a whole that determines what's appropriate, not a bunch of people on an online forum >.>
Derikari
Profile Joined April 2010
Australia16 Posts
May 20 2010 01:29 GMT
#340
I doubt black is censored because of drugs since white also is. It'd be blocked to cut out racism.
Prev 1 15 16 17 18 19 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech128
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1571
Bisu 742
BeSt 365
Horang2 276
Hyuk 271
actioN 203
Leta 149
Zeus 147
EffOrt 126
Jaedong 118
[ Show more ]
Light 110
ZerO 72
Soma 72
Shinee 48
Mind 41
Mong 40
Killer 37
soO 29
Aegong 29
ToSsGirL 27
PianO 21
Bale 21
sorry 17
Terrorterran 15
hero 14
Sharp 14
Pusan 11
HiyA 9
JulyZerg 8
Noble 7
Rush 7
Dota 2
XcaliburYe158
League of Legends
JimRising 367
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1239
shoxiejesuss960
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King187
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1929
Other Games
gofns33472
summit1g8251
singsing1531
ceh9655
crisheroes303
XBOCT257
DeMusliM155
ArmadaUGS107
Livibee99
ZerO(Twitch)13
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick526
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream231
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH268
• LUISG 14
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2268
League of Legends
• Jankos2053
• Rush1278
• Stunt423
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5m
OSC
3h 5m
Stellar Fest
3h 5m
OSC
14h 5m
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.