• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 18:26
CEST 00:26
KST 07:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9037 users

Training Camp in Arizona - Page 35

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 Next All
Soel
Profile Joined June 2010
90 Posts
June 07 2010 06:03 GMT
#681
Wow alot of people seem to be upset that these guys are making some money off their knowledges and playing aiblity.

This is good for e-sports.

If people want to pay 250$ to go to a sc2 camp, then whats the problem?

Some people are such downers lol.
angelicfolly
Profile Joined June 2010
United States292 Posts
June 07 2010 08:24 GMT
#682
Have they checked into the legal matter of running a camp? I wouldn't suspect if only adults are going to be there that it would have little regulations but if kids, you may run into trouble if someone found out you don't have the requirements. I can't speak for Arizona regulations but from past camps I attended when I was younger there was some things they couldn't/had to do (then again that was with around 150 kids).

Trogdor
Profile Joined August 2009
United States158 Posts
June 07 2010 09:04 GMT
#683
Hmm, here are my thoughts:
1: People form strong opinions on this site on things they have no business believing in so strongly
2: I don't think some of you understand or are even aware of coaching for video games
3: 250 is not just cheap, it's ridiculously cheap. 4 days of intense instruction on anything costs more than that.
4: I have overwhelming respect for these guys for starting this program. Not only for the entrepreneur spirit, but for the good this could do for e-sports in the US.

I may not have the collectors edition, but my copy of sc2 is signed by Jaedong :D UPDATE: also by MC
Trogdor
Profile Joined August 2009
United States158 Posts
June 07 2010 09:08 GMT
#684
That being said, I have to give an anecdote that might make the need for coaching more clear. When I moved into my dorms freshman year of college (2001), I was roomies with a guy who had a lot of friends back home that were hardcore counterstrike/starcraft players. One of his friends came to visit once, and crashed on our couch for a week. He was a member of the GS team and was familiar with high level coaching and how to practice a competitive game. So, he naturally started "coaching" me on my starcraft and counterstrike. I can't fully explain to you how fast I learned in that 1 week. It was absolutely ridiculous! The week immediately after he left, my roommate and I went like 50-2 on 2v2 bloodbath, and people started accusing me of aim-hacking in counterstrike. Rebuilding my fundementals, and learning how to think about games made me a better player for the rest of my gaming days in the future. I'm totally confident that there was no way in hell I would have learned those things on my own. Since that week, none of my friends have ever been better than me at any game we play. No matter if it's starcraft, or tiger woods golf, or modern warfare 2, or poker, or backgammon, it doesn't matter. Bottom line is, theres only so much you can teach yourself.
I know there's a lot of stuff on strategy and tactics available on the web (day[9], tl, etc.), but that's not what coaching is. Having someone standing over you and coaching you cannot be substituted. High level strategy is based on the assumption that you are doing the other 95% of the game correctly; thats because starcraft is very hard. If you want proof, just look at sports: there's no level of competition in any sport where athletes aren't being coached. Nobody gets anywhere without a coach in any sport. Luckily, people are a lot better at sports than we are at starcraft 2, so we can still get by if we're self taught. But if you can get coaching, it's almost unfair how much it helps.
I may not have the collectors edition, but my copy of sc2 is signed by Jaedong :D UPDATE: also by MC
douji
Profile Joined April 2010
United States20 Posts
June 07 2010 09:31 GMT
#685
wow, all of you who are complaining about $250 for a weekend of coaching are pretty ridiculous.

While it's true that almost everything anyone can teach you is available if you are determined enough to look for it, the problem isn't the lack of information. The main purpose of education isn't giving out information that you can't find anywhere else, it's actually LIMITING the amount of information flow so that you can digest it.

Let me put this into perspective, lots and lots of people take music lessons. Only a very very small minority of these are ever going to be 'professional' or use their skills beyond a recreational level. It's arguable that you can everything about playing a piano from books, the internet, youtube videos and the like, but yet, piano lessons generally run around $50 an hour, compared to this, $250 for a weekend is nothing.
Silent12ill
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States358 Posts
June 07 2010 09:43 GMT
#686
I 115% agree with trogdor
OneOther
Profile Blog Joined August 2004
United States10774 Posts
June 07 2010 09:52 GMT
#687
This is really sick, haha. I'd be so down to go if I had the time/opportunity. Good luck.
Elegy
Profile Blog Joined September 2009
United States1629 Posts
June 07 2010 09:56 GMT
#688
as a small example, look at hyungjoon's show...he goes from being a complete incompetent fool (extractor costing 125 according to him) to essentially being able to beat Gas...then again, he was going for months, but the point remains that a cram session with top or near top tier players for 4? days straight is pretty damn instructive. I can understand some people questioning this, but overall this is wholly a positive benefit for sc2, especially in NA where such things are a rarity indeed.
zekezagura
Profile Joined May 2010
United States38 Posts
June 07 2010 10:19 GMT
#689
This is a really cool idea and if I had the money (T.T) I would definitely go. Are you guys planing to do this on an annual basis because next year probably would be much more viable.
Geeks will inherit the earth... they just dont care, all they care about is the next best thing that is coming out :)
epik640x
Profile Joined May 2010
United States1134 Posts
June 07 2010 12:48 GMT
#690
This is awesome and you guys shouldn't give a second thought to the haters.
theBullFrog
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States515 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-08 01:26:54
June 08 2010 01:26 GMT
#691
Ya know, i'm a full time worker, software engineer. I also have an active social life on the weekend, I don't play as much as I want to. I haven't touched a RTS in about 6 years(that being bw )
I loved sw:bw and i never even thought about going competitive back then. Until sc2.

Build order, economy, expand 1 ahead of the enemy are things I read about, but made more sense when explained by an actual pro verbally(over vent)

When i picked the game up for beta a few months ago, i was better than most. I got placed in silver league, but i couldn't get out of it though. So i found TL and with it gosucoaching.com.
Machine is zerg and i'm a zerg player, so i picked him to get coaching from. I've done two( 2hr) sessions with Machine and I grew exponentially after the first session imo. Up until the most recent patch i was rank 7 in Diamond league.

If I'm not winning any tournys, like i want to be, i'm goin to this camp. spending 240 isn't alot to me if it helps me pursue my goal of participating with the best( and maybe even beating them )

Just my two cents.
thebullfrog
Skeyser
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada219 Posts
June 08 2010 01:41 GMT
#692
Screw the haters, what you guys are doing is awesome for e-sports.
AeonStrife
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States918 Posts
June 08 2010 05:15 GMT
#693
Hi, just wondering if there is a video/picture preview of the last camp you guys had. Something like a promo vid to turn my attention to this kind of thing. I am unsure if you guys do because I am not going to stream through 35 pages of this thread....thank you.
Whats worse...US Poltics or SC2 Balance Talks...
DrivE
Profile Blog Joined January 2010
United States2554 Posts
June 08 2010 05:51 GMT
#694
On June 08 2010 14:15 JohnUCrazy wrote:
Hi, just wondering if there is a video/picture preview of the last camp you guys had. Something like a promo vid to turn my attention to this kind of thing. I am unsure if you guys do because I am not going to stream through 35 pages of this thread....thank you.

They don't. This is the first time that they are doing this.
LUCK IS NO EXCUSE
Skew
Profile Blog Joined October 2006
United States1020 Posts
June 08 2010 06:34 GMT
#695
lol @ you fools hating on these guys trying to make a living doing what they love. you're a bunch of fucking clowns and you're awful at rts anyways so it's pretty hard to fathom how you can even have an opinion on if it's worth it.

i know all of these guys and they've spent years refining skills that apply across all rts, not only starcraft. they definitely will improve anyone with the extra time and cash and it'll be a really fun time in general.
FuDDx *
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States5018 Posts
June 08 2010 06:38 GMT
#696
Balloon training camp for SC2 camp?I like the barter/trade system.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Balloon-Man-FuDD/237447769616965?ref=hl
thezergk
Profile Joined October 2009
United States492 Posts
June 16 2010 03:52 GMT
#697
I would totally do this but im only 15 and I doubt my mom would let me stay in a house with a bunch of college pro gamers lol
Nada vs. TLO Results: "Nada 1 TLO 1 Bnet 2 KESPA 1"
Cell.cell
Profile Joined April 2010
United States46 Posts
June 30 2010 01:30 GMT
#698
Man I just got back from my golfing lessons. Can you guys believe, they were almost 80$ an hour. And GET THIS: my golf instructor wasn't even the best golfer in America! Can you freaking BELIEVE THAT? Apparently he isn't even on the PGA Tour! It's just unreal he has the audacity to attempt to make a living doing this kind of thing. He is completely RUINING the game of golf. What a sellout.
There are several good protections against temptation, but the surest is cowardice
Diamond
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
United States10796 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-06-30 01:36:50
June 30 2010 01:36 GMT
#699
On June 30 2010 10:30 Cell.cell wrote:
Man I just got back from my golfing lessons. Can you guys believe, they were almost 80$ an hour. And GET THIS: my golf instructor wasn't even the best golfer in America! Can you freaking BELIEVE THAT? Apparently he isn't even on the PGA Tour! It's just unreal he has the audacity to attempt to make a living doing this kind of thing. He is completely RUINING the game of golf. What a sellout.


This is a bunch of malarkey. It makes me sick to think this kind of shit can happen! I would demand a refund unless he provides Tiger Woods cause obviously he is the only person in the world qualified enough....
Ballistix Gaming Global Gaming/Esports Marketing Manager - twitter.com/esvdiamond
Raydog
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States632 Posts
June 30 2010 01:41 GMT
#700
On June 30 2010 10:30 Cell.cell wrote:
Man I just got back from my golfing lessons. Can you guys believe, they were almost 80$ an hour. And GET THIS: my golf instructor wasn't even the best golfer in America! Can you freaking BELIEVE THAT? Apparently he isn't even on the PGA Tour! It's just unreal he has the audacity to attempt to make a living doing this kind of thing. He is completely RUINING the game of golf. What a sellout.


haha, so great
Shew
Prev 1 33 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O161
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 514
ZZZero.O 161
Hyun 92
Dota 2
monkeys_forever247
League of Legends
Doublelift3396
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby5283
Liquid`Hasu496
Other Games
summit1g12364
FrodaN1573
JimRising 324
KnowMe279
Livibee200
ViBE53
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick707
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 134
• Adnapsc2 35
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra901
Other Games
• imaqtpie1229
• Shiphtur568
• tFFMrPink 9
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
11h 34m
Patches Events
16h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 34m
BSL Open Qualifier
20h 34m
OSC
1d
OSC
1d 13h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.