• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:11
CEST 09:11
KST 16:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon106
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] 2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach Bot on ladder BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6984 users

USA Gamestops have Beta Keys

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
RumZ
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States956 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-22 02:05:03
April 21 2010 02:09 GMT
#1
FAQ:
Quick stats on FAQ:

Q1 - Already activated - WTF?
Q2 - Change the region for the key for activation - How?
Q3 - Do these keys expire?
Q4 - Online order, no key yet.
Q5 - What does a correctly formatted beta key look like on paper?
Q6 - My old pre-order isn't generating a key in the store, what should I do next?

---------------------------------------------------

Q1) When I enter the key on Battle.net, it says it is already activated, I am pissed man, so pissed. What do I do?

A1) Well, this is bound to happen from time to time, with all these keys being printed out all over, it isn't surprising to me, and shouldn't be to you that some keys simply overlapped. Just simply go to the Gamestop (I wouldn't call them asking for a key, what employee would believe that over the phone, than they would have to go through the pre-order directory, what a mess) and simply let them know what happened. I am sure they will gladly assist you in the problem in getting you a new key. DO NOT fly off the handle and start a cursing storm in the store. You are representing gamers, don't make us look like childish assholes. No one wins in that situation. Most of the people at GS, at least around here, are gamers, they aren't out for blood. They will help if they can, and most of the time they can.

---------------------------------------------------

Q2) How can I make my key so I can play in a different region? I am in the U.S. but I want my key to act as an applied EU account.

A2) I have no idea, hopefully someone can pick up this answer.

---------------------------------------------------

Q3) Are these keys going to expire on 5/31/2010?

A3) Very unlikely. The street date that is linked earliest to Gamestop is 6/01/2010. Therefore it would be misconduct for them to claim the the beta lasts longer than their earliest street date. (Why buy a game when I can play beta would be the common response from a very average consumer.) The keys currently act as if they are any other key given to the community from Blizzard or any other establishment that had the credentials to hand out SC2 Beta keys. You will be active as long as everyone else in the beta process.

---------------------------------------------------

Q4) I ordered Online and I haven't gotten my key yet, what should I do?

A4)
I would strongly suggest waiting at least 24, ideally 48 hours, before you call Corporate and complain. I am not sure the process of sending out beta keys is known from their online site. If you are really worried, try to log on the website on your previous orders, and ensure that the email you entered to receive shipping information and your beta key is correct.

---------------------------------------------------

Q5) My key doesn't look correct on my receipt, how can I tell if it is the right type of key?

A5) SC2 Beta keys on the Gamestop receipt are located below the bar code and above the customer survey. The consist of: 6 digits, followed by a dash, than 4, dash, 6, dash, 4, dash, 6.
This comes out to 26 digits, mixed with letters and numbers.
Example of a beta key:

1a3g56-7g90-12x4f6-7s90-1y34a6 <-- P.s. - if someone types in that example and it works, I want half credit.

---------------------------------------------------

Q6) I had an old pre-order and they can't print out a beta key for me, what should I do?

A6) Politely ask the employee to cancel your old pre-order, and make another pre-order, on the receipt for the new pre-order a beta key should be attached.

---------------------------------------------------


NEWEST INFO UP TOP

**UPDATED INFO AS OF 4/21/2010 6:34EDT**<--Old+ Show Spoiler +

- On the receipt it is stated that the code 'expires' may 31st.
- According to Gamestop currently, the most up to date release frame (which is also the closest) is the First of June (The day after the receipt mentions expiration of the code.)
- These keys are in no way linked to Gamestop, once you use it, you are a part of the beta community. The one time you want to be a pile of mush and not be an independent part of testing, is definitely this time!
- People with keys from GS are not experiencing any difference in content than people with keys of other means of acquiring (i.e. - Blizzard giveaways, opt-in to beta, etc.)
- Let me restate, just enjoy your key people, nothing is different between the keys from GS, and keys from other means!


**UPDATED INFO AS OF 4/21/2010 4:09EDT**<--Old+ Show Spoiler +

Some people are reporting their keys as invalid! Please contact the Gamestop that you pre-ordered from and request a new key.



**UPDATED INFO AS OF 4/21/2010 3:55EDT**<--Old+ Show Spoiler +

KEYS ARE RAINING FROM GAMESTOP AS WE SPEAK! ONLINE ORDERERS Read here! ---> People ordering from Gamestop online are now reporting that they are getting their beta keys in their e-mail inboxes. First accounted report from iCCup.Raelcun! + Show Spoiler +

I literally just got mine in my email box.


GAMESTOPS FROM ALL OVER THE U.S. HAVE KEYS, GO GET YOURS!



Unorganized information regarding receipt issues and the correct length of beta keys in this spoiler:+ Show Spoiler +

TIP ABOUT SOME KEYS NOT COMING ON RECEIPT PROPERLY: If your key cant be printed out because of the old pre-order, please cancel the old pre-order and remake it. The new pre-order will have a working key involved in the middle of the receipt, below the bar code.

***FRIENDLY REMINDER - BETA KEYS ARE 26 DIGITS LONG. SOME PEOPLE ARE BEING HANDED THE SURVEY CODE ON THEIR RECEIPT THAT IS 16 DIGITS LONG. PLEASE CHECK ON THE KEY BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE STORE. 26 DIGITS!***



**UPDATED INFO AS OF 4/21/2010 1:49EDT**<--Old+ Show Spoiler +

Gamestops around the nation are handing out keys that are printed on receipts of pre-orders. Partial pre-orders are recieving keys as well. Go pick up your reservation and your key from a Gamestop and join the beta sensation.

Some stores still experiencing issues with the electronic system for printing keys on receipts.

I recommend you call them first!



**UPDATED INFO AS OF 4/21/2010 1:24EDT**<--Old+ Show Spoiler +
- FROM IRONCLOWN(GS Employee)!

I just checked my email here at Gamestop and they mentioned the SKU (a number designated to each product or reservation) isn't working correctly for SC2 Beta keys, and they will be emailing me once it is resolved.


If this is the case at all Gamestops, I'm not sure. It sounded like a company wide thing though. I'll let you all know what the new email says once I receive it.


**UPDATED INFO AS OF 4/21/2010 1:19EDT**<--Old+ Show Spoiler +

The keys seem to be being printed on receipts at this point. Some stores are experiencing technical difficulty with the electronic stamping process. I am now being told around 4EDT it will be resolved in my local area. If you are lucky enough to be in an area that is not experiencing this malfunction, enjoy your key!


**UPDATED INFO AS OF 4/21/2010 12:42 EDT**<-- Old+ Show Spoiler +

The store manager as of today said the system is switching from manual keys on paper to an electronic system. I was told to call back around 4 o'clock to come back in from this specific store. Others are saying stores have keys right now. Partial in-store pre-orders are being given keys.



More Old Information:+ Show Spoiler +

Friend is a manager at a local G.S., said his key received keys in their last batch of delivery for Pre-orders and other stores in the area will be getting keys on and off for the next few weeks according to his boss on top of him. (I think they do county managing here in Jersey, not 100%)

Exactly what I know:

- Not every Gamestop will have keys
- There is no "requirement" on your pre-order to grab a key from the pile (I.E. - you had to pre-order before xxxx date to get a beta key)
- First come first serve
- Limited Supply


I suggest if you are on the East Coast and are dying for a key, get up at the ass-crack of dawn and start calling or looking (don't really get up that early, the stores aren't open until at least 8, and 9 in my area in Central Jersey.)


Enjoy and Good luck!

This list is now useless, Keys are dropping all over the US. ENJOY YOUR GAME!+ Show Spoiler +

List of places with information regarding possibly getting keys and etc:

California - Agoura Hills: Clueless about any type of promotion / Probably not / Not currently.
California - Sacramento Area: Keys available?+ Show Spoiler +
-> People following up with no success? User "Corran" provided data. *Need confirmation* Currently refuted by Zagz420 to be possibly false. Awaiting a followup with confirmation either way.

California - San Jose: Currently No, unsure of amount of stores checked.At least 2. + Show Spoiler +
Branham and Eatridge checked.

Indiana - Central: Currently Unsure
Massachusetts - Boston: Currently Unsure, "May be getting keys."
Missouri: Currently Unsure
Montana: No keys according to a Clerk at a random store currently.
New Jersey- Central : Select stores DO ALREADY and WILL HAVE MORE keys.
New York - Manhattan Area: Currently Unsure
Oregon - Portland: No idea
Texas - College Station: Currently No, one store checked.
HCastorp
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States388 Posts
April 21 2010 02:11 GMT
#2
Thanks, Joey - There are at least 3 within walking distance from my house (live in Manhattan) so I guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning!
RumZ
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States956 Posts
April 21 2010 02:12 GMT
#3
NP man let me know how it goes, I assume if we are getting keys here (My friend doesn't even work at a high selling store compared to the others in his district,) this will be wildfire before too long.
FragKrag
Profile Blog Joined September 2007
United States11567 Posts
April 21 2010 02:13 GMT
#4
alright that does it, I'm putting $10 down for CE even if I don't get it later on
*TL CJ Entusman #40* "like scissors does anything to paper except MAKE IT MORE NUMEROUS" -paper
Hammy_
Profile Joined April 2010
United States29 Posts
April 21 2010 02:13 GMT
#5
Thanks for the tip, immediately called Gamestop....and they aren't getting any keys here. =/ *sigh*
umop apisdn
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
April 21 2010 02:14 GMT
#6
I called my local store in central Indiana about 2 hours ago and they said they might be getting them in their shipment tomorrow afternoon as well. I don't know why I'm posting this because I'm the only guy that has pre-ordered it at that store......sad I know.
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
DrSmoke
Profile Joined April 2010
United States175 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-21 07:43:02
April 21 2010 02:15 GMT
#7
I would happily cover the 10 dollars if anyone can get one of these for me.

Otherwise I'll be making some calls. Unfortunately where I live is a 30 mile drive to the nearest gamestop, and I won't have many to pick from.

Thx for the heads up though.

--------------
edit
--------------

Post what area you are in so that we many discover a pattern to where are getting keys.

I live in missouri.

edit 2: ill call in the morning
----------------
edit3: confirmed on gamestop
-------------------
BETA KEY OMG!!!
Corran
Profile Joined April 2010
United States83 Posts
April 21 2010 02:18 GMT
#8
My roommates gamestop got keys too today on West Coast in Sacramento NorCal area
Shake n Bake
RumZ
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States956 Posts
April 21 2010 02:20 GMT
#9
If you do call and they confirm that they are NOT getting keys, can you please post so here where about you live. I will compile a list at the top of this thread to help the other TL'ers out in their endeavors.

Starting the list in about 20 minutes from now for some hard data.
Zagz420
Profile Joined April 2010
United States10 Posts
April 21 2010 02:24 GMT
#10
On April 21 2010 11:18 Corran wrote:
My roommates gamestop got keys too today on West Coast in Sacramento NorCal area


WHAT GAMESTOP I called 4 around my house I live in Sac.

Need info for what gamestop!!!!
cloudJR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States266 Posts
April 21 2010 02:26 GMT
#11
It's not just GameStop. It's EB Games as well.
All I can hear are thousands of children screaming imbalance.......
Corran
Profile Joined April 2010
United States83 Posts
April 21 2010 02:26 GMT
#12
Folsom
Shake n Bake
supermonkeyballz
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3 Posts
April 21 2010 02:27 GMT
#13
I will goto the 2 around me in Central Florida tomorrow and let yall know
yo
Hammy_
Profile Joined April 2010
United States29 Posts
April 21 2010 02:28 GMT
#14
On April 21 2010 11:20 Joey.rumz wrote:
If you do call and they confirm that they are NOT getting keys, can you please post so here where about you live. I will compile a list at the top of this thread to help the other TL'ers out in their endeavors.

Starting the list in about 20 minutes from now for some hard data.


Bozeman, MT - no keys (unless the store clerks are clueless which is always possible!)
umop apisdn
RumZ
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
United States956 Posts
April 21 2010 02:30 GMT
#15
This thread is now being updated in real time, I have that much free time to help TL'ers out get their keys!
holy_war
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States3590 Posts
April 21 2010 02:30 GMT
#16
College Station, TX is a no (only tried one store though)
sqwert
Profile Blog Joined May 2008
United States781 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-21 02:32:23
April 21 2010 02:31 GMT
#17
san jose, ca does not have them =[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
i only checked in branham and eatridge tho. there are 9 more but im tired
if everythings coming your way, youre in the wrong lane. sAviOr 4evar!
sword_siege
Profile Joined September 2002
United States624 Posts
April 21 2010 02:36 GMT
#18
Called GameStop near Portland, OR in Clackamas Town Center Mall, the GameStop that InControl works at.

The clerk who answered the phone had no clue about Starcraft II beta keys
Kezzer
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States1268 Posts
April 21 2010 02:36 GMT
#19
I live in Boston MA, supposedly the coolidge corner GS *may* be getting keys the guy didn't know.
Obstikal
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
616 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-04-21 15:54:39
April 21 2010 02:39 GMT
#20
well I live in Miami, FL i will surely be waking up at 8 and calling every local store so i'll post the results in the morning


OKAY!!!! its comfirmed!! select game stops in miami have beta keys to give when you pre order SC2

AMG IMA GO GET MY BETA KEEEEEEEEEEEY!
1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SortOf 160
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 277
HiyA 262
Shine 75
Mong 73
NotJumperer 35
Bale 31
Noble 13
Icarus 9
Light 0
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm196
League of Legends
JimRising 602
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 807
Heroes of the Storm
WinterStarcraft760
Other Games
summit1g8955
PiGStarcraft355
ceh9348
Happy344
Livibee114
ArmadaUGS32
RuFF_SC226
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream517
Other Games
gamesdonequick473
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH64
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• LUISG 0
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2361
League of Legends
• Rush1443
• Lourlo1422
• Stunt457
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2h 50m
Afreeca Starleague
2h 50m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
16h 50m
Kung Fu Cup
1d 3h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.