• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:48
CEST 04:48
KST 11:48
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)25Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8240 users

2nd wave invites coming in tonight - Page 16

Forum Index > SC2 General
Post a Reply
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 24 Next All
kickinhead
Profile Joined December 2008
Switzerland2069 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-23 13:55:12
February 23 2010 13:53 GMT
#301
I don't think it matters at all how many games of Blizzard you actually have "registered" on your B.net account, it least I thought I've read it somewhere. ^^'

It's just about Luck I guess and I do have s bit of a Problem with that... -.-°

I mean; I've played SC thousands of hours, I've played WC3 thousands of hours, I've played Diablo2 thousdands of hours, I've played Diablo1 A LOT and I've even played WoW for about 2 months, until I realized that graduating from school was more important than being a "Rittmeister der 13. Stufe" in WoW. ^^'
I remember going to a friend after School everyday for months, because he had a PC with Warcraft2 installed or Lan-Parties at the Age of maybe 10 where my friend and I played Diablo1 together and nearly screamed our Lungs out running around the basement when we first encountered "The Butcher".

I don't just identify myself through games, but nonetheless the Blizzard-Games have always been very special to me and SC:BW is a game I've been playing for years now CONSTANTLY and I was kinda heartbroken when I've heard that there will be a very limited amount of Beta-key's given out, becuase I'm never that lucky with stuff like that. :S

I'm also a bit bummed out, that Blizzcon-visitors get another "goodie" on top of being able to go to Blizzcon: I mean; My friends and I live in Switzerland and we really wanted to go to Blizzcon09, but we had no chance of getting a ticket. Now, the ppl that had the Joy of going there even get Betakeys and the other ppl get nothing at all - seems kinda unfair to me...

But I guess it isn't all that bad, because many ppl that are able to play the SC2-Beta are FREAKING AWESOME and deliver live-streams, VoD's, articles and stuff to keep the Fans happy! ^^'

Huge THX for that guys!
https://soundcloud.com/thesamplethief
Latham
Profile Blog Joined May 2007
9592 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-23 14:00:51
February 23 2010 13:53 GMT
#302
I feel the same =(. No key and I opt'ed in relatively quicky and I have SC+WC3+TFT+D2+D2:LOD added on my account, FML.

I don't think you guys understand, it's not 1st come 1st served. If you gusy opt'ed in 2009 and a guy opted in yesterday, you both have the same chances of getting in in the next wave. I know it's sad and unfair, and little wow!@@#$ are getting keys instead of us, but it's life =(, but at least we can watch replays without getting a key, for me, it easyed the pain by a lot.
For the curse of life is the curse of want. PC = https://be.pcpartpicker.com/user/LathamTK/builds/#view=CrqmP6
Whakkah
Profile Joined February 2010
Sweden113 Posts
February 23 2010 14:13 GMT
#303
So is the wave officially over or are ppl still getting keys even this morning?
PiepTon
Profile Joined March 2008
Germany10 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-23 14:22:34
February 23 2010 14:22 GMT
#304
I don't think that blizzard is choosing the "happy ones" with tha fact how many blizz games they have on their bnet account.
I've saw enough screens where ppl had only sc+bw on their account and get a beta key.

I think they choose really randomly. The only thing that could influence them is the hardware.

so far, F5ing and waiting ;D
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
February 23 2010 14:22 GMT
#305
I've not seen anymore brits posting about getting a key. So it's all gravy.
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7080 Posts
February 23 2010 14:24 GMT
#306
On February 23 2010 23:22 PiepTon wrote:
I don't think that blizzard is choosing the "happy ones" with tha fact how many blizz games they have on their bnet account.
I've saw enough screens where ppl had only sc+bw on their account and get a beta key.

I think they choose really randomly. The only thing that could influence them is the hardware.

so far, F5ing and waiting ;D

Doesn't make any sense for them to send to people who haven't opt-in then, they don't even know the hardware so are they seriously choosing those people over people who've waited for years?

Its a bit ridiculous, would love if someone confirmed if keys are still being sent or if they have stopped..
Undead_Knight
Profile Joined October 2009
Mexico4 Posts
February 23 2010 14:24 GMT
#307
Just for your information guys:

I got a key the first day the beta came out.
I only have the Starcraft Anthology registered and I registered my bnet account that same day. (So lucky!)

If you actually read the FAQ about the beta, there are a lot of answered questions for you guys.
Here is the FAQ: http://www.starcraft2.com/beta-faq.xml

Good luck getting a beta key
A twisted mind is a terrible thing to waste.
Puosu
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
7080 Posts
February 23 2010 14:29 GMT
#308
Undead_Knight, many people consider that to be far too outdated for it to be very reliable, for example it states that europeans wont take part in the first beta tests but that was proven to be wrong.
Klive5ive
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
United Kingdom6056 Posts
February 23 2010 14:32 GMT
#309
On February 23 2010 23:22 Qikz wrote:
I've not seen anymore brits posting about getting a key. So it's all gravy.

No <3 for the UK it seems. There's 3 accounts among my friends and none of us have keys.
We all have BW, WoW and Diablo2 but to no avail
Don't hate the player - Hate the game
Qikz
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United Kingdom12056 Posts
February 23 2010 14:39 GMT
#310
On February 23 2010 23:32 Klive5ive wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2010 23:22 Qikz wrote:
I've not seen anymore brits posting about getting a key. So it's all gravy.

No <3 for the UK it seems. There's 3 accounts among my friends and none of us have keys.
We all have BW, WoW and Diablo2 but to no avail


Someone I know who likes Starcraft but doesn't play it that much. Got in the first wave. I never see him online playing it and it just makes me angry
FanTaSy's #1 Fan | STPL Caster/Organiser | SKT BEST KT | https://twitch.tv/stpl
Zurles
Profile Joined February 2009
United Kingdom1659 Posts
February 23 2010 15:02 GMT
#311
On February 23 2010 23:24 Undead_Knight wrote:
Just for your information guys:

I got a key the first day the beta came out.
I only have the Starcraft Anthology registered and I registered my bnet account that same day. (So lucky!)

If you actually read the FAQ about the beta, there are a lot of answered questions for you guys.
Here is the FAQ: http://www.starcraft2.com/beta-faq.xml

Good luck getting a beta key


ahhhhhhhh!!!! jerk!!!!

=(
thOr6136
Profile Blog Joined July 2009
Slovenia1775 Posts
February 23 2010 15:35 GMT
#312
On February 23 2010 23:39 Qikz wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 23 2010 23:32 Klive5ive wrote:
On February 23 2010 23:22 Qikz wrote:
I've not seen anymore brits posting about getting a key. So it's all gravy.

No <3 for the UK it seems. There's 3 accounts among my friends and none of us have keys.
We all have BW, WoW and Diablo2 but to no avail


Someone I know who likes Starcraft but doesn't play it that much. Got in the first wave. I never see him online playing it and it just makes me angry



same here, zzz
djWHEAT
Profile Blog Joined October 2005
United States925 Posts
February 23 2010 15:40 GMT
#313
GL guys, I hope to see a new wave of ppl online!
OneMoreGame.tv // Weapon Of Choice // Kings Of Tin // Inside The Game // Live On Three
never_Nal
Profile Blog Joined March 2008
Costa Rica676 Posts
February 23 2010 17:51 GMT
#314
HAS Anyone got a Beta Key for MAC?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Lucikka
Profile Joined September 2009
Finland17 Posts
February 23 2010 17:52 GMT
#315
On February 24 2010 02:51 never_Nal wrote:
HAS Anyone got a Beta Key for MAC?


There is no beta for Mac.
gg
Zexion
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
Sweden971 Posts
February 23 2010 17:55 GMT
#316
Ooooooh, I want it!!! NAO!!
Undisputed-
Profile Blog Joined September 2008
United States379 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-23 17:56:45
February 23 2010 17:56 GMT
#317
On February 24 2010 02:51 never_Nal wrote:
HAS Anyone got a Beta Key for MAC?


Apparently someone on battle.net general forums said he got an invite with a mac opt in but there is no mac client so he can't play it lol.
Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.
Tef
Profile Joined April 2008
Sweden443 Posts
February 23 2010 18:07 GMT
#318
On February 24 2010 02:56 Undisputed- wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 24 2010 02:51 never_Nal wrote:
HAS Anyone got a Beta Key for MAC?


Apparently someone on battle.net general forums said he got an invite with a mac opt in but there is no mac client so he can't play it lol.


He can use a virtual machine software and play it.
Dont fuck up, dont fuck yourself
asdfTT123
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States989 Posts
February 23 2010 18:14 GMT
#319
On February 24 2010 02:51 never_Nal wrote:
HAS Anyone got a Beta Key for MAC?


Earlier,I made a separate account with my Macbook Pro and opted in under Mac OS. It might increase your chances of getting key once Mac Client is released for Beta testing. Just a thought and it may be something you want try on your Mac, if you have one, or borrowing a friends and opting in from his/her system.

Either way I got a key late last night but too bad I can't play reliably as there's some sort of internet issue on my desktop...
n.Die_Jaedong <3
EGLzGaMeR
Profile Blog Joined February 2007
United States1867 Posts
Last Edited: 2010-02-23 18:17:34
February 23 2010 18:15 GMT
#320
you guys think its unfair you didnt get a key??
i have played a million games of scbw
traveled across the country playing in WCG's and tournaments
Sponsored by Team EG (www.myeg.net)
and i still dont have a key...
only person on EG.SC who doesnt have key.. wanna talk about how life is not fair...
I could probably write the book on it
^___________^
Prev 1 14 15 16 17 18 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 12m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
Nina 102
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14915
Rain 2147
Dewaltoss 50
NaDa 36
Bale 30
Noble 8
Dota 2
monkeys_forever408
NeuroSwarm185
Counter-Strike
taco 625
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1580
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1351
WinterStarcraft612
Other Games
summit1g9100
Doublelift3281
JimRising 629
PiGStarcraft315
ArmadaUGS240
C9.Mang0211
Maynarde146
ViBE116
ZombieGrub30
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick900
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream158
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 107
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki43
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo642
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
7h 12m
OSC
10h 12m
Stellar Fest
10h 12m
OSC
21h 12m
Stellar Fest
1d 10h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.