• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:47
CEST 16:47
KST 23:47
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)73Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning? BSL Season 23
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9547 users

Daily StarCraft2 Competitions on Beyond Gaming

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
BeyondGaming
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
United States33 Posts
July 26 2013 22:00 GMT
#1
[image loading]

Hi everyone, Blaine Graboyes here - CEO of Beyond Gaming. You spoke, and we're listening. This week I've been emailing with many of you to get feedback on what we're doing. We got a lot of great feedback, but also some accurate and actionable criticism on what we can do better. If you have more ideas, please share below or send us an email at support@beyondgaming.com.

One common request - DAILY COMPETITIONS! We heard that many players want daily events. So we've started daily events on Tuesday July 23 for SC2 HOTS.

Every day (except Mondays) there will be a Daily "Low" Event (for Bronze through Gold) and a Daily "High" Event (for Platinum through Grand Master). Soon, we'll be matching players based on actual Divisions, but for now we'll operate these daily events for prizes from the Sci Fi Book Club, including The Wisdom Of Yoda and other fun books (yes, actual books - these are cool). We plan to grow and expand the prize pool and partners for these SC2 Daily Events!

And we're planning to hold a Finals each month with the Daily Winners competing for 10,000 Beyond Gaming Tokens, redeemable for anything from our ever-expanding Premium Shop, which now features Gunnar Optiks at only $10 over cost (+ shipping) and Gift Cards from Burger King, Subway, Steam, and other awesome partners.


So get gaming and Play For It!
Beyond Gaming - Play For It!
E.L.V.I.S
Profile Joined April 2011
Belgium458 Posts
July 26 2013 23:30 GMT
#2
playhem was great
http://twitch.tv/maggrig | @SC2ELVIS | http://www.facebook.com/sc2ELVIS
Aeromi
Profile Blog Joined August 2012
France14463 Posts
July 26 2013 23:56 GMT
#3
On July 27 2013 08:30 E.L.V.I.S wrote:
playhem was great



I miss Playhem too...
https://twitter.com/DrAeromi | Updates on live tournaments: @StarCrafteSport
Billinator
Profile Joined July 2012
United States86 Posts
July 27 2013 01:19 GMT
#4
On July 27 2013 08:56 Aeromi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 27 2013 08:30 E.L.V.I.S wrote:
playhem was great



I miss Playhem too...


why did playhem stop in the first place?
MKP, Select, DeMusliM
Ry2D2
Profile Blog Joined June 2012
United States429 Posts
July 27 2013 01:53 GMT
#5
mmmm this sounds cool! especially once they get more divisions.
Thalandros
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Netherlands1151 Posts
July 27 2013 04:44 GMT
#6
Neat! Might try it when I got time! :D
|| ''I think we have all experienced passion that is not in any sense reasonable.'' ||
.kv
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States2332 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-27 05:00:37
July 27 2013 04:59 GMT
#7
On July 27 2013 08:30 E.L.V.I.S wrote:
playhem was great


i remember bitter saying they are coming back...but that was months ago...wonder if they truly are coming back

anyways: this is definitely a very nice thing of beyond gaming to do...especially for lower league players...they can get some experience on how it feels to play in a tournament
sLideSC2
Profile Joined July 2012
United States225 Posts
July 27 2013 05:49 GMT
#8
scheduled tournament brackets >> the free form system you're using here imo. more peopple will show up if there is a constant time. I'll still play though.
https://twitter.com/sLideSC2 | (NA)sLide.635 | coL_Sasqautch ~ coL_QXC ~ coL_TriMaster
MaxViktory
Profile Joined June 2012
Sweden136 Posts
July 27 2013 06:02 GMT
#9
Sounds great! I will join in the fun on Tuesday.
Is there a second place prize in the finals?
MrMedic
Profile Joined November 2010
Canada452 Posts
July 27 2013 17:23 GMT
#10
I don't know why this wasn't used for a long time Maybe it was because of Playhem but who knows. Maybe this will replace Playhem. It was one great website for the time being.
-Dustin-
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States718 Posts
July 28 2013 07:57 GMT
#11
So far its been impossible to get a game on this site. I've challenged multiple people in "high end daily" and no one ever accepts.
Gofarman
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada648 Posts
July 28 2013 17:06 GMT
#12
On July 28 2013 16:57 -Dustin- wrote:
So far its been impossible to get a game on this site. I've challenged multiple people in "high end daily" and no one ever accepts.


When you create a competition the map list is so out of date I don't think it has any WCS maps in it at all...
-Dustin-
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
United States718 Posts
July 28 2013 18:07 GMT
#13
On July 29 2013 02:06 Gofarman wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 28 2013 16:57 -Dustin- wrote:
So far its been impossible to get a game on this site. I've challenged multiple people in "high end daily" and no one ever accepts.


When you create a competition the map list is so out of date I don't think it has any WCS maps in it at all...

Yeah I always challenge people with Star Station. So far its 2pm and the Noon daily hasn't begun :s. I wonder if an admin has to trigger it or something?
Gofarman
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada648 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-07-28 21:59:58
July 28 2013 18:09 GMT
#14
Id bet they go off of PST so it would still be 11am, idk

Idk who is in charge of this but you guys really shit the bed with this...
sLideSC2
Profile Joined July 2012
United States225 Posts
July 29 2013 21:15 GMT
#15
yeah this is a really, really sloppy system that no one will use in its current state. BG guys, i love you all, and i know you guys really work hard, but this format of setting up matches yourself will never work. Specific tournament dates and times with prize pools of points would work. A freelance 24h event for a site with not that much traffic will never work, ever. Hope you read this.
https://twitter.com/sLideSC2 | (NA)sLide.635 | coL_Sasqautch ~ coL_QXC ~ coL_TriMaster
Gofarman
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada648 Posts
July 29 2013 21:24 GMT
#16
On July 30 2013 06:15 sLideSC2 wrote:
yeah this is a really, really sloppy system that no one will use in its current state. BG guys, i love you all, and i know you guys really work hard, but this format of setting up matches yourself will never work. Specific tournament dates and times with prize pools of points would work. A freelance 24h event for a site with not that much traffic will never work, ever. Hope you read this.


I don't think it will never work, but it definitely needs the daily/weekly tournaments to feed traffic through FOR the pick up games. I'll be on pretty much every day queuing a couple while I play sc2 and see if anyone ever bites.
zelevin
Profile Joined January 2012
United States330 Posts
July 30 2013 05:04 GMT
#17
Lol I've been talking with some people that were going to create their own company to create daily tournaments like this, and I read this and laughed. Hahaha They literally wasted thousands of dollars. They're freaking idiots.
"You're the idiot, idiot. That's why your fuckin' name is Idiot." - Artosis to CSG
sLideSC2
Profile Joined July 2012
United States225 Posts
July 30 2013 21:01 GMT
#18
On July 30 2013 14:04 zelevin wrote:
Lol I've been talking with some people that were going to create their own company to create daily tournaments like this, and I read this and laughed. Hahaha They literally wasted thousands of dollars. They're freaking idiots.

well they aren't really bleeding money because no one is playing games and winning tokens due to their failed system that they keep trying to make work. so they're just idling right now really
https://twitter.com/sLideSC2 | (NA)sLide.635 | coL_Sasqautch ~ coL_QXC ~ coL_TriMaster
Gofarman
Profile Joined June 2010
Canada648 Posts
August 01 2013 04:20 GMT
#19
I'm going to put this here as a warning to those of you who think this has potential, and to the TL Admins who I would hope investigate this if they deem it worthy.

TLDR; I'm pretty sure that the BG Link software is running ads in the background while on and this kind of abuse should be punished. I could be wrong, but I can come to no other reasonable conclusion and wanted to see if anyone else could look into it.

I have had the Beyond Gaming program running on my computer for a couple days now, I wasn't terribly pleased that they made me dl'd a program to have games credited to me when I played them but I was willing to give it a shot since they are clearly a esports company and probably care alot.

The option to turn off 'launch on start-up' is false, it does nothing the program still starts up regardless of your choice. AKA Bloat-ware

The last few days I have been having weird noises and ads play in the background, I watch alot of twitch so I kinda assumed that they were having an issue and kinda ignored it; annoying but the price of doing business. (I don't do ad-block)

Today I watched NonY (woot) and Artosis(woot) and then some reddit, not really important except to say that all my windows were closed when I started hearing a teaser for a film, idk which one. BG link was minimized into the toolbar (Im not sure what it is called exactly, but skype and steam have there little icon w/ internet and shit down there. Win7) and the usual suspect of Twitch wasn't available to scapegoat. the ads kept coming, one after another I think I got 3 ads in a row before I thought of 'BG link' and killed the program only to terminate the ad mid run.
Zax19
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Czech Republic1136 Posts
August 02 2013 13:26 GMT
#20
Oh, that sounds bad :/
Really Blizz, really? - Darnell
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 9h 13m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech124
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 5566
Bisu 2685
Soulkey 1667
Jaedong 764
EffOrt 605
Mini 502
Horang2 429
Larva 354
ZerO 298
actioN 264
[ Show more ]
ggaemo 248
Yoon 125
Mind 92
Dewaltoss 82
Snow 70
Barracks 68
Sharp 68
sorry 68
hero 67
Shinee 65
Pusan 58
Hyun 45
Bale 38
ToSsGirL 35
Sacsri 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Trap 17
Rock 14
NaDa 13
Noble 11
Terrorterran 9
zelot 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5387
qojqva2453
Dendi1164
420jenkins94
Counter-Strike
fl0m1764
Fnx 611
x6flipin145
Other Games
hiko940
B2W.Neo735
Liquid`RaSZi562
Lowko374
crisheroes306
DeMusliM232
XBOCT207
Hui .205
Livibee196
Liquid`VortiX173
QueenE93
Mew2King50
ZerO(Twitch)16
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream37
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 65
• mYiSmile115
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 44
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV677
League of Legends
• Nemesis2581
• Jankos1919
• TFBlade364
Other Games
• Shiphtur260
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
9h 13m
Patches Events
1d 1h
The PondCast
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 20h
Percival vs TBD
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.