• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:01
CEST 22:01
KST 05:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8102 users

desRow Coaching! - Page 5

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Jinsho
Profile Joined March 2011
United Kingdom3101 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-19 13:22:58
March 19 2011 13:21 GMT
#81
That is pretty silly. So desrow won a ladder game and incontrol is raging because he... doesn't want people to know he loses sometimes I guess? Good lord. The immaturity of it all.

Didn't you say during the NASL announcement you wanted to apologize for every stupid stunt you pulled so far and wanted to turn a new leaf? I believe you did. Now kindly man up and be an adult who can be trusted to revitalize eSports.
Weasel-
Profile Joined June 2009
Canada1556 Posts
March 19 2011 14:24 GMT
#82
By the way are you the same desrow who was the Kingsurf manager (if you are you'll know what I'm talking about)?
jaczie
Profile Joined July 2010
34 Posts
March 19 2011 14:48 GMT
#83
oh my desrow, hello! haha
desRow
Profile Blog Joined May 2009
Canada2654 Posts
March 19 2011 15:24 GMT
#84
On March 19 2011 23:24 Weasel- wrote:
By the way are you the same desrow who was the Kingsurf manager (if you are you'll know what I'm talking about)?


Yes But it was so long ago (3 years or so ? )

And Hi jaczie ^^
http://twitch.tv/desrowfighting http://twitter.com/desrowfighting http://facebook.com/desrowfighting
RevRich
Profile Joined February 2011
United States218 Posts
March 19 2011 16:54 GMT
#85
Holy shit its like there's 10 rabid Incontrol haters lurking every topic at any moment. The second he posts something they spring into action, eager to strike up an argument about things totally unrelated to the problem at hand. Incontrol may have worded his disliking of the situation a little poorly, but you kids need to chill the hell out.

I've seen desrow stream a few times and hes definitely very solid. Good prices and a nice guy, GL building a student base desrow!
-Risk-
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada164 Posts
March 19 2011 17:05 GMT
#86
Gl drw keep it up boi
Check out my stream at http://www.teamliquid.net/video/streams/-Risk-
Mikey
Profile Joined January 2011
United States277 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-19 18:45:51
March 19 2011 18:45 GMT
#87
On March 19 2011 17:25 FuSioN722 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2011 16:17 YellowZerg wrote:
I hope your not as annoying as you we're in DotA, probably why you didn't include any information about your "amazing" dota career because most of it was you lieing and sucking up to pro players.


I wasn't going to spill the beans on his dota reputation but you did call this pretty evenly.

http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/replays.php?&p1=desrow&format=5on5

This is just one of many sites-He only uploaded games to gosugamers where his team won.ONLY wins. Didn't matter if it was a GG. He pretty much always plays STr-supports, the type of hero that can't be blamed for the loss yet can call out the supports and carries for failing, which was his Calling-card in dota.

As for the comments between incontrol and desrow.... thats no contest Incontrol understands the game way better and doesn't even seem to try half the time he ladders. Theres also a reason Incontrols rates are so good and his students love his lessons.


this is so far from the truth it amazes me. I was going to flame you but I don't want to get banned again..

desRow was never a strength support player (there are those in dota?), he always played gimpy support heroes. and if you think those don't require skill or those can't be blamed for competitive losses you are a fool.

he may have not had a superb career playing dota but he helped a lot of players/teams get into tournaments, or get sponsors.

this thread has been so sidetracked from the original purpose it amazes me.
Please watch my DotA2 Stream: www.twitch.tv/Mikey -- Member of Team Quantic's DotA2 division :) !
bLuR
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada625 Posts
March 19 2011 20:33 GMT
#88
Lol wtf incontrol? theres nothing wrong with his video its not like he called you out, said anything about the fact that "i beat incontrol!" he made a video talking about himself and put a game in the background so make it more interesting.

You've got some anger issues for flaming someone out of the blue and trolling a thread that he paid for to give back to tl, being a representative of our community you should know better by now.

That's coming from me and i dont even like desRow, any reasonable person can see that you're clearly in the wrong.
Mirhi
Profile Joined February 2010
United States389 Posts
March 19 2011 21:24 GMT
#89
On March 20 2011 05:33 bLuR wrote:
Lol wtf incontrol? theres nothing wrong with his video its not like he called you out, said anything about the fact that "i beat incontrol!" he made a video talking about himself and put a game in the background so make it more interesting.

You've got some anger issues for flaming someone out of the blue and trolling a thread that he paid for to give back to tl, being a representative of our community you should know better by now.

That's coming from me and i dont even like desRow, any reasonable person can see that you're clearly in the wrong.


I salute you Jordan!

*cheers* To the mutual domination of ONE and VT

/popcorn
Esportsing really hard | www.twitter.com/ffmirhi
iNcontroL *
Profile Blog Joined July 2004
USA29055 Posts
March 19 2011 23:17 GMT
#90
GET SOMEEEEEEEE
FaZe
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada472 Posts
Last Edited: 2011-03-19 23:30:10
March 19 2011 23:28 GMT
#91
On March 20 2011 05:33 bLuR wrote:
Lol wtf incontrol? theres nothing wrong with his video its not like he called you out, said anything about the fact that "i beat incontrol!" he made a video talking about himself and put a game in the background so make it more interesting.

You've got some anger issues for flaming someone out of the blue and trolling a thread that he paid for to give back to tl, being a representative of our community you should know better by now.

That's coming from me and i dont even like desRow, any reasonable person can see that you're clearly in the wrong.


Let's not get too rediculous here. A coach buying a sponsored thread isn't a donation. It's mutually beneficial. I'm sure the extra hours he's obtained by buying the thread have already payed for the thread itself at this point.

Second, you need to look up the definition of "troll", because from your post it looks like you have no idea what it means.

Third, Inc has already said he has no problem with Desrow - his problem is with Desrow showing 30 seconds of a 4gate and implying that he's better than Incontrol. If he wasn't trying to sell extra hours by name-dropping Inc, he would have just shown a bunch of units dying, and left out the "Incontrol has left the game". Would he do that? No. Why? Because showing that he beat him will sell more training hours. Hell, if I was making a training video I'd certainly put my best win at the end. Only problem is, it's your profit at the expense of someone else.

Then you end the post with expressly saying that you don't like the person who sponsored the thread. Classy.

"Any reasonable person can see that you're clearly in the wrong"


That being said, gogo VT! I always know if I tune in to VTGaming there's going to be some kind of awesome high-level content . Keep up the kick ass work, love the new site XD
"Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none."
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
March 20 2011 00:50 GMT
#92
On March 20 2011 01:54 RevRich wrote:
Holy shit its like there's 10 rabid Incontrol haters lurking every topic at any moment. The second he posts something they spring into action, eager to strike up an argument about things totally unrelated to the problem at hand. Incontrol may have worded his disliking of the situation a little poorly, but you kids need to chill the hell out.

I've seen desrow stream a few times and hes definitely very solid. Good prices and a nice guy, GL building a student base desrow!

iNcontroL has pissed off quite a number of people over the years.
Here iNcontroL is overreacting. By putting up a vid of Desrow beating iNc, he is acknowledging iNc as a better player than him. He would hardly put up a vid of him beating a player worse than himself. If it was a vid of anyone else that player wouldn't care.

OT: Looks like a reasonable rate, accent would put me off though, as it required concentration for me to understand.
"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
ThunderGod
Profile Blog Joined February 2009
New Zealand897 Posts
March 20 2011 00:54 GMT
#93
On March 20 2011 08:28 FaZe wrote:
Third, Inc has already said he has no problem with Desrow - his problem is with Desrow showing 30 seconds of a 4gate and implying that he's better than Incontrol.

Actually he's implying iNcontroL is better. As in
"look I beat this great player, see the measure of my skill?"
Not
"hahaha I'm better than iNc, wut a noobz0r"
"Certain forms of popular music nowadays, namely rap and hip hop styles, are just irritating gangsters bragging about their illegal exploits and short-sighted lifestyles." - Shiverfish ~2009
Razuik
Profile Joined October 2010
United States409 Posts
March 20 2011 01:21 GMT
#94
On March 19 2011 22:21 Jinsho wrote:
That is pretty silly. So desrow won a ladder game and incontrol is raging because he... doesn't want people to know he loses sometimes I guess? Good lord. The immaturity of it all.

Didn't you say during the NASL announcement you wanted to apologize for every stupid stunt you pulled so far and wanted to turn a new leaf? I believe you did. Now kindly man up and be an adult who can be trusted to revitalize eSports.


Why do you post without reading? Try to understand both sides and stop guessing what INc meant when he clearly explained what he meant in his post.
bLuR
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
Canada625 Posts
March 20 2011 01:34 GMT
#95
On March 20 2011 08:28 FaZe wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 20 2011 05:33 bLuR wrote:
Lol wtf incontrol? theres nothing wrong with his video its not like he called you out, said anything about the fact that "i beat incontrol!" he made a video talking about himself and put a game in the background so make it more interesting.

You've got some anger issues for flaming someone out of the blue and trolling a thread that he paid for to give back to tl, being a representative of our community you should know better by now.

That's coming from me and i dont even like desRow, any reasonable person can see that you're clearly in the wrong.


Let's not get too rediculous here. A coach buying a sponsored thread isn't a donation. It's mutually beneficial. I'm sure the extra hours he's obtained by buying the thread have already payed for the thread itself at this point.

Second, you need to look up the definition of "troll", because from your post it looks like you have no idea what it means.

Third, Inc has already said he has no problem with Desrow - his problem is with Desrow showing 30 seconds of a 4gate and implying that he's better than Incontrol. If he wasn't trying to sell extra hours by name-dropping Inc, he would have just shown a bunch of units dying, and left out the "Incontrol has left the game". Would he do that? No. Why? Because showing that he beat him will sell more training hours. Hell, if I was making a training video I'd certainly put my best win at the end. Only problem is, it's your profit at the expense of someone else.

Then you end the post with expressly saying that you don't like the person who sponsored the thread. Classy.

"Any reasonable person can see that you're clearly in the wrong"


That being said, gogo VT! I always know if I tune in to VTGaming there's going to be some kind of awesome high-level content . Keep up the kick ass work, love the new site XD


how is he implying that he's better than incontrol? its a fucking ladder game, and he says nothing about the actual game thats playing on the video. incontrol is a big name, gets paid doing what he loves, and has a wonderful girlfriend who is in the miss usa pageant, (?) yet still thinks its appropriate to get angry and "call someone out" who acknowledges incontrol as a strong player for posting a ladder match where he loses? personally i dont understand

i also didnt say donation, im saying he is giving back to tl, by paying for a sponsored thread, same concept as TL's advertisements, how can you argue that?
Spazzer
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Canada139 Posts
March 20 2011 01:48 GMT
#96
This looks really awesome SpazCraft is looking forward to seeing how VTdesRows sexy Canadian French voice works into coaching.

~Spazzer
www.SpazCraft.com
Murkon
Profile Joined December 2010
United States3 Posts
March 20 2011 02:34 GMT
#97
I can vouch for desRow's coaching. I've had a total of three hours of coaching with him.

Our first session was an hour. We went through a couple of replays and he helped point out some big mistakes I was making. After replay review we did some live coaching and I was blown away - I have NEVER played SC2 like that before. It felt like I was playing an entirely new game. He spent some extra time with me (for free) to go over some specific things in that replay too. I was really surprised to get the extra attention. Oh and the VODs he makes for you on j.tv and youtube are nice as well! I wasn't expecting that at all.

I immediately scheduled a two hour session for the next day. The funny thing is that I was doing so well in ladder after the first session I had trouble digging up replays that I felt like needed analyzing. Anyways, I found some and we went over them again. Then we did a lot of live coaching. I was gold at the time (platinum now, diamond soon...thanks desRow!) and beating diamond players. I'd ask him about specific things, and we'd do them. I perfected my builds. My playstyle changed dramatically. Again, it's like I'm playing a new game now.

It was worth every penny. I enjoy SC2 so much more now. I'm a better player and will definitely be scheduling more lessons.

Evidence:
http://www.twitpic.com/44wp3q
SpiritoftheTunA
Profile Blog Joined August 2006
United States20903 Posts
March 20 2011 05:56 GMT
#98
On March 20 2011 08:17 iNcontroL wrote:
GET SOMEEEEEEEE

standard ass response =/
posting on liquid sites in current year
Serejai
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
6007 Posts
March 20 2011 06:15 GMT
#99
Opinions aside, desrow paid for this thread and it's not really fair to him for it to get derailed like this. If you're not here in support of his coaching, then you probably don't need to be posting in here =/

Goodluck on the coaching, desrow. Seems like a reasonable price and you certainly have the ability to help a lot of players here improve their understanding of the game. Looks like you have a good review above here, actually
I HAVE 5 TOAST POINTS
aidnai
Profile Joined January 2010
United States1159 Posts
March 20 2011 07:01 GMT
#100
On March 20 2011 11:34 Murkon wrote:
I can vouch for desRow's coaching. I've had a total of three hours of coaching with him.

Our first session was an hour. We went through a couple of replays and he helped point out some big mistakes I was making. After replay review we did some live coaching and I was blown away - I have NEVER played SC2 like that before. It felt like I was playing an entirely new game. He spent some extra time with me (for free) to go over some specific things in that replay too. I was really surprised to get the extra attention. Oh and the VODs he makes for you on j.tv and youtube are nice as well! I wasn't expecting that at all.

I immediately scheduled a two hour session for the next day. The funny thing is that I was doing so well in ladder after the first session I had trouble digging up replays that I felt like needed analyzing. Anyways, I found some and we went over them again. Then we did a lot of live coaching. I was gold at the time (platinum now, diamond soon...thanks desRow!) and beating diamond players. I'd ask him about specific things, and we'd do them. I perfected my builds. My playstyle changed dramatically. Again, it's like I'm playing a new game now.

It was worth every penny. I enjoy SC2 so much more now. I'm a better player and will definitely be scheduling more lessons.

Evidence:
http://www.twitpic.com/44wp3q

ROFL wow dude, that screenshot is pretty sweet. Can't argue with results like that!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 931
SteadfastSC562
EnkiAlexander 68
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 562
ZombieGrub97
JuggernautJason63
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24509
Soulkey 272
Mini 145
White-Ra 117
ToSsGirL 23
NotJumperer 21
Trap 21
Shine 19
League of Legends
Doublelift606
Counter-Strike
fl0m1350
shoxiejesuss704
C9.Mang0169
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King99
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2508
Liquid`Hasu1968
Other Games
Grubby2823
ArmadaUGS1010
B2W.Neo561
Pyrionflax178
shahzam85
UpATreeSC78
Chillindude63
Dewaltoss54
Trikslyr49
Railgan21
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV190
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream107
[ Show 17 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• intothetv
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 35
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV305
League of Legends
• TFBlade1034
• Noizen277
Other Games
• imaqtpie1139
• Scarra791
• Shiphtur297
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h
OSC
17h
Stellar Fest
17h
OSC
1d 4h
Stellar Fest
1d 17h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.