• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:32
CEST 14:32
KST 21:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)41Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10389 users

Play SC2 on your iPad and iPhone – feedback wanted - Page 3

Forum Index > Sponsored Threads
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
nostrils
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Sweden23 Posts
December 07 2010 20:03 GMT
#41
It sounds great, and is just what I'm looking for. Until now I've been constricted to turn based games and iTeleport for my remote desktop gaming.

Sadly, I'm on a mac. And if I understand your FAQ correctly, OSX isn't supported at the moment. Do you have any date for a mac release?
H-hey, this is a private residence, man!
hucskool
Profile Joined September 2010
United States25 Posts
December 07 2010 20:06 GMT
#42
@mrgoochio

I'm only using my internal network (desktop wired to router, iPad using the same router over wireless).
Inter arma enim silent leges...
RoosterSamurai
Profile Blog Joined March 2010
Japan2108 Posts
December 07 2010 20:20 GMT
#43
A SC2 replay app for the iPhone, iPad could be a great idea. Would help casters sift through replays on the go. However, I don't think I would want to play an RTS game on a touch screen.
Kinney
Profile Joined October 2010
United States11 Posts
December 07 2010 20:43 GMT
#44
On December 08 2010 03:18 us.insurgency wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 08 2010 02:57 Kinney wrote:
Of all of the games I've seen ported to iPad/Pod (Cube remake comes to mind), SC2 is the only one which has a remotely suitable user interface.

Honestly, everything seems like it would work.

One finger for left click, two fingers for right click.
One finger-dragged: scroll boxes units.
Two finger-dragged: scroll the actual screen.

All the hotkeys would have to be selected from the bottom right corner, and the minimap would be really easy to navigate, however I think certain elements of the User Interface would need to be changed and considering it's a remote desktop, that would be impossible. What I was thinking was increasing the size of the army commands box so the buttons would be easier to hit with less misclicks.

If you guys wanna start practicing for such play, try using a trackpad to play SC2. Kinda makes me less optimistic about this idea.

Overall it seems like it would work pretty well, but simple stuff like landing a floating building would require a lot more "clicks" without a hotkey + with the whole touch screen GUI.

Still, interesting idea!

PS: PLEASE DO NOT USE ANY OF THAT ACCELEROMETER/GYROSCOPE CRAP FOR CONTROLLING ANYTHING!!!

edit:[b] Meanwhile, you could attach a keyboard to an iPad, but this is really no different than using a laptop to play starcraft 2.[b]

why would you attach a keyboard? You could use a laptop if you were going to do that.


Dude you're saying the same thing I did, obviously there would be no point in plugging a keyboard in. Other than hotkeys, which for now there's no reasonable option for.

It wouldn't be super feasible but it would be cool to do it.
"A necklace of follicles with sabertooth molecules"
IAttackYou
Profile Joined August 2010
United States330 Posts
December 07 2010 20:43 GMT
#45
this will be pretty cool for replay functions but I doubt i would ever play a game on ipad...
I'm not a nub, I'm gosu of tomorrow
Enervate
Profile Joined August 2010
United States1769 Posts
December 07 2010 20:45 GMT
#46
How draining is this on the battery?
GreEny K
Profile Joined February 2008
Germany7312 Posts
December 07 2010 20:53 GMT
#47
I would use it to watch others play or watch replays. No way would I want to play on that lol.
Why would you ever choose failure, when success is an option.
Perkins1752
Profile Joined May 2009
Germany214 Posts
December 07 2010 20:56 GMT
#48
If this can actually play sc2 replays without major lag, im gonna buy an iPad lol.
Oglokoog
Profile Joined August 2010
Czech Republic35 Posts
December 07 2010 21:07 GMT
#49
I'm pretty sure supporting this is a bad and evil idea. Touchscreen gaming is an even more deadly disease than console gaming and both are killing the gaming industry faster than I thought would be possible.
jingle jangle
Powster
Profile Joined April 2010
United States650 Posts
December 07 2010 21:17 GMT
#50
lol.. beating silver players as mid diamond all-ins.. lol that doesnt say much. Although I havent been a silver in a long time.. even platinum players are bad so I cant even imagine silver.. Watching replays or observing woudl be cool thoug.h.
huameng
Profile Blog Joined April 2007
United States1133 Posts
December 07 2010 21:23 GMT
#51
I am 2-0 vs a low diamond friend on an ipad when I start by killing all 6 of my starting scvs. We haven't got right clicking down yet though.
skating
bkrow
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Australia8532 Posts
December 07 2010 21:27 GMT
#52
Sounds very cool - an incredible development for gaming; particularly for observing and replays etc. Actually playing the game however would be really interesting - i wander how it would work functionality wise..

To be able to play sc2 portably would truly be incredible!
In The Rear With The Gear .. *giggle* /////////// cobra-LA-LA-LA-LA-LA!!!!
Zzoram
Profile Joined February 2008
Canada7115 Posts
December 07 2010 21:45 GMT
#53
I sent an email. I have an iPhone 4 so I can give you feedback on how the app works on the smaller screen.

Does the app work only wifi or 3G? I can test both.
TemplarCo.
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Mexico2870 Posts
December 07 2010 21:47 GMT
#54
it does sound awesome but the problem is that when you connect to the computer, its most likely that you have your computer nearby so why just dont play it on the CPU, even if you have mac get the latest software, it allows you to play all this games, except the ones that say "PC only"
With an average game length of 7m36s over his 6 games in GSL3, this is a no-brainer. BitByBit pulls more SCVs than yo momma at a club on Mar Sara. ♞
us.insurgency
Profile Joined March 2010
United States330 Posts
December 07 2010 22:10 GMT
#55
On December 08 2010 03:21 darksub wrote:
almost forgot, please get osx version, we DO game on macs

lol apple even uses windows on iPads to play real games.
crueknight
Profile Joined October 2010
United States21 Posts
December 07 2010 22:21 GMT
#56
This is very cool. I am definatley going to try this out. (I have an iPod touch so Im not sure how this will work out) :/

But I imagine gaming to sooner or later translate to handheld devices so while it may not work effectively with sc2, its worth staying on top of.
PetitCrabe
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada410 Posts
December 07 2010 22:25 GMT
#57
I don't see myself using this app to play 1v1 games, but I can totally see this app being used for casual games like tower defenses or maybe some tug o war.
GHOSTCLAW
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
United States17042 Posts
December 07 2010 22:28 GMT
#58
If this ends up working out for watching replays and obsing games, I will buy an Ipad and your app (and probably nothing else, but it's alright).
PhotographerLiquipedia. Drop me a pm if you've got questions/need help.
Dark.Pyro
Profile Joined January 2010
Canada94 Posts
December 07 2010 22:55 GMT
#59
Hey, its a great thing for someone like me who has a gaming desktop and a not so gaming laptop
I'd love to turn up sc2 on my iphone

I PM'd you for a code Thanks a lot!
I Live for Aiur
HollowLord
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States3862 Posts
December 07 2010 23:03 GMT
#60
That's pretty cool actually. I could check out some replays while on the bus or something.

Now if only I could afford an iPad.
dota 2 stream #noskill #feed #noob twitch.tv/dmcredgrave
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 36183
Shuttle 2468
Horang2 966
Bisu 954
Jaedong 777
Light 483
Mini 397
BeSt 356
firebathero 332
Hyuk 298
[ Show more ]
Stork 279
actioN 254
EffOrt 228
Zeus 224
ggaemo 203
Soma 199
Soulkey 170
Last 148
Snow 127
ZerO 122
Leta 121
Rush 99
Pusan 78
Killer 71
Sea.KH 58
hero 55
Sharp 45
Mong 42
Mind 35
Shinee 30
Shine 28
Aegong 28
Bale 26
soO 25
ToSsGirL 22
sorry 21
Sexy 18
PianO 17
Trap 16
Yoon 14
Terrorterran 14
Free 13
zelot 9
Noble 9
JulyZerg 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc3733
qojqva1617
Dendi1041
420jenkins2
League of Legends
Reynor90
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1403
x6flipin320
markeloff93
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2162
crisheroes969
Other Games
gofns34245
singsing2135
B2W.Neo779
XBOCT354
DeMusliM200
Mlord175
Livibee173
XaKoH 156
Liquid`LucifroN130
Mew2King100
QueenE82
ArmadaUGS57
Chillindude12
Railgan11
ZerO(Twitch)7
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream187
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 62
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2233
• TFBlade655
Other Games
• WagamamaTV189
Upcoming Events
OSC
28m
Stellar Fest
28m
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
OSC
11h 28m
Stellar Fest
1d
CranKy Ducklings
1d 21h
Online Event
1d 22h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.