• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:34
CEST 23:34
KST 06:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War335.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8065 users

2019 GSL Season 1 Code A (Qualifiers) announcement - Page…

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
184 CommentsPost a Reply
1 5 6 7 8 9 10 All last
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 26 2019 08:25 GMT
#166
On January 26 2019 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
After more than two years B O S S T O S S back in Code S.

He seems strangely strong against Zerg above the other races.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
HolydaKing
Profile Joined February 2010
21254 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-26 08:27:12
January 26 2019 08:26 GMT
#167
First DRG 2-0's Trust and then when he can qualify against him he loses 0-2. RIP

GG MC though! Now rooting hard for Fantasy. Taeja qualifying would be fun too. Same for Bomber.
darklycid
Profile Joined May 2014
3562 Posts
January 26 2019 08:32 GMT
#168
On January 26 2019 17:25 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2019 17:24 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
After more than two years B O S S T O S S back in Code S.

He seems strangely strong against Zerg above the other races.

I'd say his PvP is also pretty good, he beat Trap yday.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 26 2019 08:46 GMT
#169
TaeJa and Dream out, what a shame.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Soke
Profile Joined September 2012
United States790 Posts
January 26 2019 08:47 GMT
#170
I could really use some clarification about what's going on with GSL/WCS. I'm so confused it's insane
Djsoke
William paradise
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
1753 Posts
January 26 2019 08:51 GMT
#171
On January 26 2019 17:47 Soke wrote:
I could really use some clarification about what's going on with GSL/WCS. I'm so confused it's insane

you and everyone else wish some with some insight could maybe help out here.
ok
Marcos4912
Profile Joined April 2018
Slovakia26 Posts
January 26 2019 08:52 GMT
#172
On January 26 2019 17:47 Soke wrote:
I could really use some clarification about what's going on with GSL/WCS. I'm so confused it's insane


problem is nobody really knows
DieuCure
Profile Joined January 2017
France3713 Posts
January 26 2019 09:51 GMT
#173
On January 26 2019 17:46 Elentos wrote:
TaeJa and Dream out, what a shame.


And Bomber, it would have been different without the foreigners ruining the bracket i guess ( with the forfeit ).
TL+ Member
Akio
Profile Blog Joined January 2019
Finland1838 Posts
January 26 2019 10:15 GMT
#174
MC back in Code S let's gooo!
Mine gas, build tanks.
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
January 26 2019 10:29 GMT
#175
On January 26 2019 17:46 Elentos wrote:
TaeJa and Dream out, what a shame.


Well, Dream's bracket was hard as Solar and FanTaSy, just as TOP's task was not easy having to beat TRUE(I was having Inno pass for granted);on the other hand, TaeJa should have won against Hurricane(probably Bomber would have advanced over Keen, too) but evidently he isn't in good shape at the moment.
blunderfulguy
Profile Blog Joined April 2016
United States1415 Posts
January 26 2019 10:34 GMT
#176
On January 26 2019 17:47 Soke wrote:
I could really use some clarification about what's going on with GSL/WCS. I'm so confused it's insane

Ditto ditto ditto wtf. I was planning on coming here and being all depressed that no foreigners made it, I had a whole rant prepared!
Blunder Man doing everything thing a blunder can.
sneakyfox
Profile Joined January 2017
8218 Posts
January 26 2019 10:35 GMT
#177
TaeJa, Dream, DRG and Bomber miss out. It should be a big disappointment for TaeJa, he definitely has the level but maybe he's sick or something. The other three need more practice I guess.
"I saw what sneakyfox wrote on TL.net and it made me furious" - PartinG
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 26 2019 10:46 GMT
#178
On January 26 2019 19:29 Xain0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2019 17:46 Elentos wrote:
TaeJa and Dream out, what a shame.


Well, Dream's bracket was hard as Solar and FanTaSy, just as TOP's task was not easy having to beat TRUE(I was having Inno pass for granted);on the other hand, TaeJa should have won against Hurricane(probably Bomber would have advanced over Keen, too) but evidently he isn't in good shape at the moment.

TaeJa is the one who should have made Code S but I guess he was dealt a bad hand in terms of bracket. Maybe if TaeJa and Dream were switched, both would have advanced. Dream just 2-0'd Hurricane yesterday after all. Can't fault Bomber, he hasn't been back very long, KeeN was the overwhelming favorite.

As for TOP, group H was very weak but he by himself dragged it out to almost 4 hours. I guess that's to be commended? Beyond that, I don't see him at the level for Code S in any matchup.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
January 26 2019 10:53 GMT
#179
On January 26 2019 19:46 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2019 19:29 Xain0n wrote:
On January 26 2019 17:46 Elentos wrote:
TaeJa and Dream out, what a shame.


Well, Dream's bracket was hard as Solar and FanTaSy, just as TOP's task was not easy having to beat TRUE(I was having Inno pass for granted);on the other hand, TaeJa should have won against Hurricane(probably Bomber would have advanced over Keen, too) but evidently he isn't in good shape at the moment.

TaeJa is the one who should have made Code S but I guess he was dealt a bad hand in terms of bracket. Maybe if TaeJa and Dream were switched, both would have advanced. Dream just 2-0'd Hurricane yesterday after all. Can't fault Bomber, he hasn't been back very long, KeeN was the overwhelming favorite.

As for TOP, group H was very weak but he by himself dragged it out to almost 4 hours. I guess that's to be commended? Beyond that, I don't see him at the level for Code S in any matchup.


I didn't know about TOP's obscenely long games; his TvT, at least, is Code S level imho.
I don't see TaeJa advancing over Solar and FanTaSy at the moment, while probably Dream would have done it against Hurricane.
William paradise
Profile Blog Joined April 2014
1753 Posts
January 26 2019 11:00 GMT
#180
On January 26 2019 19:34 blunderfulguy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2019 17:47 Soke wrote:
I could really use some clarification about what's going on with GSL/WCS. I'm so confused it's insane

Ditto ditto ditto wtf. I was planning on coming here and being all depressed that no foreigners made it, I had a whole rant prepared!

damnit can we hear the rant anyway always good to see a rant.
ok
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2019-01-26 11:17:41
January 26 2019 11:07 GMT
#181
On January 26 2019 19:53 Xain0n wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2019 19:46 Elentos wrote:
On January 26 2019 19:29 Xain0n wrote:
On January 26 2019 17:46 Elentos wrote:
TaeJa and Dream out, what a shame.


Well, Dream's bracket was hard as Solar and FanTaSy, just as TOP's task was not easy having to beat TRUE(I was having Inno pass for granted);on the other hand, TaeJa should have won against Hurricane(probably Bomber would have advanced over Keen, too) but evidently he isn't in good shape at the moment.

TaeJa is the one who should have made Code S but I guess he was dealt a bad hand in terms of bracket. Maybe if TaeJa and Dream were switched, both would have advanced. Dream just 2-0'd Hurricane yesterday after all. Can't fault Bomber, he hasn't been back very long, KeeN was the overwhelming favorite.

As for TOP, group H was very weak but he by himself dragged it out to almost 4 hours. I guess that's to be commended? Beyond that, I don't see him at the level for Code S in any matchup.


I didn't know about TOP's obscenely long games; his TvT, at least, is Code S level imho.
I don't see TaeJa advancing over Solar and FanTaSy at the moment, while probably Dream would have done it against Hurricane.

I don't see TOP getting anything done against any of the Terrans who qualified for Code S honestly. And I imagine TaeJa vs Fantasy would be close if they played twice. Dream somehow almost made it work and TaeJa has 6 months of extra practice over him.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Xain0n
Profile Joined November 2018
Italy3963 Posts
January 26 2019 12:25 GMT
#182
On January 26 2019 20:07 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2019 19:53 Xain0n wrote:
On January 26 2019 19:46 Elentos wrote:
On January 26 2019 19:29 Xain0n wrote:
On January 26 2019 17:46 Elentos wrote:
TaeJa and Dream out, what a shame.


Well, Dream's bracket was hard as Solar and FanTaSy, just as TOP's task was not easy having to beat TRUE(I was having Inno pass for granted);on the other hand, TaeJa should have won against Hurricane(probably Bomber would have advanced over Keen, too) but evidently he isn't in good shape at the moment.

TaeJa is the one who should have made Code S but I guess he was dealt a bad hand in terms of bracket. Maybe if TaeJa and Dream were switched, both would have advanced. Dream just 2-0'd Hurricane yesterday after all. Can't fault Bomber, he hasn't been back very long, KeeN was the overwhelming favorite.

As for TOP, group H was very weak but he by himself dragged it out to almost 4 hours. I guess that's to be commended? Beyond that, I don't see him at the level for Code S in any matchup.


I didn't know about TOP's obscenely long games; his TvT, at least, is Code S level imho.
I don't see TaeJa advancing over Solar and FanTaSy at the moment, while probably Dream would have done it against Hurricane.

I don't see TOP getting anything done against any of the Terrans who qualified for Code S honestly. And I imagine TaeJa vs Fantasy would be close if they played twice. Dream somehow almost made it work and TaeJa has 6 months of extra practice over him.


TOP went 2-2 against Byun on stream and took games off Special, he should be Code S level in TvT.

Dream figured better than TaeJa during these qualifiers and Fantasy beat TY 2-0 yesterday in Olimoleague; moreover, he's solid and he's damn FanTaSy, he deserves a Code S spot.
Stormhoof
Profile Joined January 2015
Serbia182 Posts
January 26 2019 13:49 GMT
#183
One thing is confusing me, Code A qualifiers is title and players qualified for code S with no mention for Code A. As I was abscent from s 2 for 4 years, can someone explain me, please, if code A exist at all?
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
January 26 2019 13:53 GMT
#184
On January 26 2019 22:49 Stormhoof wrote:
One thing is confusing me, Code A qualifiers is title and players qualified for code S with no mention for Code A. As I was abscent from s 2 for 4 years, can someone explain me, please, if code A exist at all?

Code A in its past form no longer exists, the Korean scene doesn't have the same depth it used to. Afreeca considers the qualifiers themselves to be Code A.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Stormhoof
Profile Joined January 2015
Serbia182 Posts
January 26 2019 22:37 GMT
#185
On January 26 2019 22:53 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 26 2019 22:49 Stormhoof wrote:
One thing is confusing me, Code A qualifiers is title and players qualified for code S with no mention for Code A. As I was abscent from s 2 for 4 years, can someone explain me, please, if code A exist at all?

Code A in its past form no longer exists, the Korean scene doesn't have the same depth it used to. Afreeca considers the qualifiers themselves to be Code A.


Thanks!
1 5 6 7 8 9 10 All last
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 27m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 619
ProTech148
NeuroSwarm 98
Nina 84
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14071
910 81
NaDa 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever288
canceldota110
League of Legends
Doublelift2833
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4472
Other Games
summit1g3654
fl0m1253
FrodaN899
olofmeister856
Liquid`Hasu358
C9.Mang0232
Livibee190
ToD167
UpATreeSC78
PPMD26
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 22 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 58
• poizon28 21
• musti20045 17
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 73
• FirePhoenix6
• Michael_bg 6
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21445
• WagamamaTV480
League of Legends
• Scarra762
Other Games
• imaqtpie886
• Shiphtur618
• tFFMrPink 12
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 27m
Big Brain Bouts
12h 27m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
19h 27m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
21h 27m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 12h
Patches Events
1d 17h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 21h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.