• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:04
CEST 01:04
KST 08:04
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)52Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10070 users

[BlizzCon 2016] WCS Global Finals - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 350 Next
His ID is still Neeblet

Passionboard
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 01 2016 22:32 GMT
#141
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 01 2016 22:37 GMT
#142
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
FrkFrJss
Profile Joined April 2015
Canada1208 Posts
November 02 2016 01:44 GMT
#143
On November 02 2016 07:37 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.



Like it was said before, we can't really count out anyone from reaching the finals. I think that's what's exciting about this ro8 is that I could see almost anyone getting to the finals.
"Keep Moving Forward" - Walt Disney
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 02 2016 07:17 GMT
#144
On November 02 2016 10:44 FrkFrJss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 07:37 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.



Like it was said before, we can't really count out anyone from reaching the finals. I think that's what's exciting about this ro8 is that I could see almost anyone getting to the finals.


Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
FrkFrJss
Profile Joined April 2015
Canada1208 Posts
November 02 2016 08:25 GMT
#145
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 10:44 FrkFrJss wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:37 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.



Like it was said before, we can't really count out anyone from reaching the finals. I think that's what's exciting about this ro8 is that I could see almost anyone getting to the finals.


Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?


I'll admit that the odds are against a foreigner being in the finals, but did we think that a foreigner would win KeSPA cup? Did we think that a foreigner would even get out of the groups in KeSPA cup?

Though foreigners generally are and have been on a lower level to the top Koreans nowadays, we are seeing the gap closing (whether due to foreigners practicing more and/or Koreans having less motivation).

Having seen Neeb do what most people thought to be crazy at the beginning of KeSPA cup, can we truly rule out the possibility of a foreigner making the finals? It seems to me that the more people try to downplay foreigners against Koreans, the more they are proven wrong.

Or were you one of those visionaries who thought that both Nerchio and Elazer would beat Solar, who had just come off of one of the biggest ZvZ wins in his career? Or did you think that Showtime would 4-0 his group?

By no means am I saying that foreigners will make the finals or that they have a good percentage of making the finals. All I am saying is that counting out anybody at this point in the competition would be unwise.
"Keep Moving Forward" - Walt Disney
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
November 02 2016 08:59 GMT
#146
On November 02 2016 17:25 FrkFrJss wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
On November 02 2016 10:44 FrkFrJss wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:37 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.



Like it was said before, we can't really count out anyone from reaching the finals. I think that's what's exciting about this ro8 is that I could see almost anyone getting to the finals.


Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?


I'll admit that the odds are against a foreigner being in the finals, but did we think that a foreigner would win KeSPA cup? Did we think that a foreigner would even get out of the groups in KeSPA cup?

Though foreigners generally are and have been on a lower level to the top Koreans nowadays, we are seeing the gap closing (whether due to foreigners practicing more and/or Koreans having less motivation).

Having seen Neeb do what most people thought to be crazy at the beginning of KeSPA cup, can we truly rule out the possibility of a foreigner making the finals? It seems to me that the more people try to downplay foreigners against Koreans, the more they are proven wrong.

Or were you one of those visionaries who thought that both Nerchio and Elazer would beat Solar, who had just come off of one of the biggest ZvZ wins in his career? Or did you think that Showtime would 4-0 his group?

By no means am I saying that foreigners will make the finals or that they have a good percentage of making the finals. All I am saying is that counting out anybody at this point in the competition would be unwise.


I think most people value Dark as either the best player or 2nd in the world right now. If neeb/elazer/showtime wets against Solar or Patience or Dear I'd say there's a decent chance of a KR vs foreigner finals.

To be honest I thought Dark would get to the finals no matter what, without TY or Zest on his half he is almost guaranteed it.

Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 02 2016 09:15 GMT
#147
On November 02 2016 17:59 Fango wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 17:25 FrkFrJss wrote:
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
On November 02 2016 10:44 FrkFrJss wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:37 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.



Like it was said before, we can't really count out anyone from reaching the finals. I think that's what's exciting about this ro8 is that I could see almost anyone getting to the finals.


Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?


I'll admit that the odds are against a foreigner being in the finals, but did we think that a foreigner would win KeSPA cup? Did we think that a foreigner would even get out of the groups in KeSPA cup?

Though foreigners generally are and have been on a lower level to the top Koreans nowadays, we are seeing the gap closing (whether due to foreigners practicing more and/or Koreans having less motivation).

Having seen Neeb do what most people thought to be crazy at the beginning of KeSPA cup, can we truly rule out the possibility of a foreigner making the finals? It seems to me that the more people try to downplay foreigners against Koreans, the more they are proven wrong.

Or were you one of those visionaries who thought that both Nerchio and Elazer would beat Solar, who had just come off of one of the biggest ZvZ wins in his career? Or did you think that Showtime would 4-0 his group?

By no means am I saying that foreigners will make the finals or that they have a good percentage of making the finals. All I am saying is that counting out anybody at this point in the competition would be unwise.


I think most people value Dark as either the best player or 2nd in the world right now. If neeb/elazer/showtime wets against Solar or Patience or Dear I'd say there's a decent chance of a KR vs foreigner finals.

To be honest I thought Dark would get to the finals no matter what, without TY or Zest on his half he is almost guaranteed it.


Dark is the big favorite for me as well, but the potential ZvZ against Elazer is so scary.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
November 02 2016 09:26 GMT
#148
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?

Skewed odds ? I'm in. You choose one korean to be in the finals. I'll pick all foreigners. If I win, you get 2 week tempban. If I lose, I get the same.
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 02 2016 09:28 GMT
#149
On November 02 2016 18:26 Otolia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?

Skewed odds ? I'm in. You choose one korean to be in the finals. I'll pick all foreigners. If I win, you get 2 week tempban. If I lose, I get the same.

What if you both lose?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 02 2016 09:31 GMT
#150
On November 02 2016 18:26 Otolia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?

Skewed odds ? I'm in. You choose one korean to be in the finals. I'll pick all foreigners. If I win, you get 2 week tempban. If I lose, I get the same.


That doesn't really work very well, because I can pick Dark and that's a tautology for "no foreigners". By "skewed odds", excuse me my poor English, I meant that I am willing to have you get a much better payoff than I do.

I don't think that TL endorses ban bets anymore and I don't want us both get banned for that preemtpively, so shouldn't we stick to sigs? I am willing to 1:6 (I get yours for a month, you get mine for six) for the "no foreigners:a foreigner" bet (which, as I described, is actually factually equivalent to yours, by the power of the bracket).,
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
Fango
Profile Joined July 2016
United Kingdom8987 Posts
November 02 2016 09:37 GMT
#151
On November 02 2016 18:15 Elentos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 17:59 Fango wrote:
On November 02 2016 17:25 FrkFrJss wrote:
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
On November 02 2016 10:44 FrkFrJss wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:37 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
[quote]
Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.



Like it was said before, we can't really count out anyone from reaching the finals. I think that's what's exciting about this ro8 is that I could see almost anyone getting to the finals.


Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?


I'll admit that the odds are against a foreigner being in the finals, but did we think that a foreigner would win KeSPA cup? Did we think that a foreigner would even get out of the groups in KeSPA cup?

Though foreigners generally are and have been on a lower level to the top Koreans nowadays, we are seeing the gap closing (whether due to foreigners practicing more and/or Koreans having less motivation).

Having seen Neeb do what most people thought to be crazy at the beginning of KeSPA cup, can we truly rule out the possibility of a foreigner making the finals? It seems to me that the more people try to downplay foreigners against Koreans, the more they are proven wrong.

Or were you one of those visionaries who thought that both Nerchio and Elazer would beat Solar, who had just come off of one of the biggest ZvZ wins in his career? Or did you think that Showtime would 4-0 his group?

By no means am I saying that foreigners will make the finals or that they have a good percentage of making the finals. All I am saying is that counting out anybody at this point in the competition would be unwise.


I think most people value Dark as either the best player or 2nd in the world right now. If neeb/elazer/showtime wets against Solar or Patience or Dear I'd say there's a decent chance of a KR vs foreigner finals.

To be honest I thought Dark would get to the finals no matter what, without TY or Zest on his half he is almost guaranteed it.


Dark is the big favorite for me as well, but the potential ZvZ against Elazer is so scary.


I'd still favour Dark ovet Elazer in a bo5. I think in long series Dark's expirience will make him favoured. But that is the best chance of getting a foreigner in the finals.

I don't know much about either elazer or showtime tbh but I think we will see Dark vs ShowtimE semi for sure
Zest, sOs, PartinG, Dark, and Maru are the real champs. ROOT_herO is overrated. Snute, Serral, and Scarlett are the foreigner GOATs
Otolia
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
France5805 Posts
November 02 2016 09:38 GMT
#152
I know we can't do banbets

1 to 6 in term of duration is actually not very interesting. I'd want at least you to keep the sig until the end of the next WCS/GSL event (finals included). And I'm willing to do the same.

No, if you're confident in the fact that no foreigner will reach the finals, you must risk more. So your pick must be more restrictive.


Also this 5K posts is dedicated to the french crew on TL. You know who you are, you guys rock
opisska
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Poland8852 Posts
November 02 2016 10:01 GMT
#153
On November 02 2016 18:38 Otolia wrote:
I know we can't do banbets

1 to 6 in term of duration is actually not very interesting. I'd want at least you to keep the sig until the end of the next WCS/GSL event (finals included). And I'm willing to do the same.

No, if you're confident in the fact that no foreigner will reach the finals, you must risk more. So your pick must be more restrictive.


Also this 5K posts is dedicated to the french crew on TL. You know who you are, you guys rock


No foreigner in finals is exactly what I am confident about, so picking the other Korean who will face Dark does not make any sense to me. If you want to take it to the next event, I can take it to the next Blizzcon if you want to
"Jeez, that's far from ideal." - Serral, the king of mild trashtalk
TL+ Member
RvB
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Netherlands6322 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-02 11:47:42
November 02 2016 11:47 GMT
#154
On November 02 2016 16:17 opisska wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2016 10:44 FrkFrJss wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:37 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:32 The_Red_Viper wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:29 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:27 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
On November 02 2016 07:14 Elentos wrote:
On November 02 2016 06:57 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
TY 4-1 Dark

Wow what? I really don't see TY getting that great of a scoreline in a finals against a player he's struggled so much against like Dark.

Also I must express my disappointment that the semifinals are still not BO7. This is supposed to be THE biggest and most important event of the year and I think BO7 semis would help get the point across even more.


Good point. But the finals need to be disappointing. 4-1 or 4-0 the other way is pretty likely too.

I'd be so pissed if I got my Dark vs TY dream finals and it turned out to be a stomp.

Score lines can be that way but if the games are still close and good, it's not that bad. I think the games will be good no matter what tbh (if TY vs Dark happens)

He said disappointing finals, so the games are few and shit.

Right now I think if Dark vs TY is the finals we'll get a better match than for the last Blizzcon finals (and that one was super hype), but there's still so much that can happen on the way. We can't even count out Elazer yet from reaching the Blizzcon finals, crazy year.



Like it was said before, we can't really count out anyone from reaching the finals. I think that's what's exciting about this ro8 is that I could see almost anyone getting to the finals.


Oh well now you are starting to be silly. I wholeheartedly support joking about foreigners in finals, but this posts seems almost serious about it, that's insane.

Anyway, this thread is deader than the game, so to get things moving, I am here with open arms for everyone foolish enough to think highly about foreigners, accepting sigbets with the proposal "there will be foreigner in the finals" at incredibly skewed odds (to be specified later). Anyone up? Or are you all just full of shit?

How about a money bet? €10 on the line not a lot but for fun. If a foreigner reaches the finals I get €10 if one doesn't you get €10. Or are you just full of shit?
zakadar
Profile Joined December 2015
Germany409 Posts
November 02 2016 12:00 GMT
#155
he has to pick dark other way he already lost bc a foreigner in finals
TY my boy gogo
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
Last Edited: 2016-11-02 12:21:01
November 02 2016 12:19 GMT
#156

It's true. Artosis > all.
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Cricketer12
Profile Blog Joined May 2012
United States14003 Posts
November 02 2016 13:40 GMT
#157
On November 02 2016 21:19 Elentos wrote:
https://twitter.com/SaintSnorlax/status/793527394027966465
It's true. Artosis > all.

Trump - "Taunt is bad."
Engage, Zero target Engage, Engage, Kagari target Engage, Engage.
MarinePrince
Profile Joined October 2011
United States101 Posts
November 02 2016 13:50 GMT
#158
I think this bracket is about as good as we could have asked for, to be honest. Every player here is in excellent form, sharp as a tack, and ready to win the entire thing. We've got an amazing ZvP between Showtime who's looked unstoppable against literally everyone and Elazer, the upsetter. We've got an amazing ZvP between the best zerg in the world, Dark, and Neeb, one of the most hyped up foreigners in history and Kespa Cup champion. We've got an amazing TvT coming up with Byun vs TY, and we've got what guarantees to be a scrappy series between Zest and Stats. No matter what happens, the rest of this tourney is sure to be amazing.
"Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character." - Albert Einstein
Sakat
Profile Blog Joined October 2014
Croatia1599 Posts
November 02 2016 15:13 GMT
#159
Wouldn't it be funny if Elazer made it to the finals?
My boy Ptak defeated two GSL champions!
Elentos
Profile Blog Joined February 2015
55594 Posts
November 02 2016 15:17 GMT
#160
On November 03 2016 00:13 Sakat wrote:
Wouldn't it be funny if Elazer made it to the finals?

Perversely funny because if either of the Terrans make the finals he will get destroyed, or genuinely funny because nobody expected Elazer to even get out of the groups?
Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 350 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 56m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 131
Vindicta 14
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11105
Artosis 522
Bale 13
TT1 1
League of Legends
Doublelift3780
JimRising 609
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox742
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4681
Khaldor925
Other Games
summit1g7148
shahzam562
NeuroSwarm79
ArmadaUGS69
Mew2King67
ViBE51
JuggernautJason42
Day[9].tv5
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV208
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream96
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 37
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• HerbMon 29
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie792
• Scarra465
• Shiphtur158
• Day9tv5
Upcoming Events
OSC
56m
Stellar Fest
13h 56m
OSC
22h 56m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.