• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:02
CEST 06:02
KST 13:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7435 users

[HomeStory Cup X] Day 2 - Page 90

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 88 89 90
babobbyj
Profile Joined June 2013
636 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-14 23:30:51
November 14 2014 23:29 GMT
#1781
On November 15 2014 08:22 Yhamm wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup/10/VODs

also RotterdaM casted 5/11 series on the main stream, so it's not even half!

(I don't think Take ever uploaded a single vod on youtube)


casted, hosted, ok.... wrong choice of words, I'm sorry... I've had the main stream running since i got home from work, and i've heard his voice all night long. And you actually confirm it, 5/11, thats 45%. Why is he casting 45%? That's not how HSC used to be, and why?

Would like to see a sensible answer to this question...

I just don't understand this, HSC used to switch casters around all the time, what kind of influence do Rotty actually have to be able to do this...? Really weird
Bad Ass Bobby Johnson, a.k.a. Valiante
usopsama
Profile Joined April 2008
6502 Posts
November 14 2014 23:42 GMT
#1782
Easy group for God. Yay. :D
deacon.frost
Profile Joined February 2013
Czech Republic12134 Posts
November 14 2014 23:42 GMT
#1783
On November 15 2014 08:29 babobbyj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 08:22 Yhamm wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup/10/VODs

also RotterdaM casted 5/11 series on the main stream, so it's not even half!

(I don't think Take ever uploaded a single vod on youtube)


casted, hosted, ok.... wrong choice of words, I'm sorry... I've had the main stream running since i got home from work, and i've heard his voice all night long. And you actually confirm it, 5/11, thats 45%. Why is he casting 45%? That's not how HSC used to be, and why?

Would like to see a sensible answer to this question...

I just don't understand this, HSC used to switch casters around all the time, what kind of influence do Rotty actually have to be able to do this...? Really weird

How about he wasn't there last time so they giving him some extra time _now_ instead of using Rottiboard? ,-)
I imagine France should be able to take this unless Lilbow is busy practicing for Starcraft III. | KadaverBB is my fairy ban mother.
Yhamm
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
France7248 Posts
November 14 2014 23:45 GMT
#1784
Since I have nothing better to do at the moment:
number of casted games for the two days:

Main stream (24 series):
Rotterdam - 5+5
iNcontrol - 4+3
Kane - 4+3
Destiny - 4+2
Miniraser - 3+3
Harstem - 2+3
DeMusliM - 1+3
Winter - 3+0
Snute - 3+0
DIMAGA - 2+0
Petraeus - 1+1
Dayshi - 1+1
qxc - 2+0
MaNa - 1+1
BlinG - 1+1
HasuObs - 0+2
ToD - 0+2
Bunny - 1+0
TLO - 1+0
SaSe - 0+1
Grubby - 0+1
Ret - 0+1

B stream (14 series):
Winter - 4+6
Temp0 - 2+3
PengWin - 0+4
Bunny - 1+2
Petraeus - 0+2
MaNa - 1+0
iNcontroL - 1+0
qxc - 1+0
Socke - 0+1
LiquipediaWe will have only each other at the last
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
November 14 2014 23:49 GMT
#1785
I hope JD at wherever he is staying and getting some rest. Can't go out partying yet with that group of death ><. If he makes it out of that kind of group that'll make my day. LETS GO JAEDONG!!!!!!!!!!!!
JD, need I say more? :D
Epamynondas
Profile Joined September 2012
387 Posts
November 14 2014 23:51 GMT
#1786
On November 15 2014 08:29 babobbyj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 08:22 Yhamm wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup/10/VODs

also RotterdaM casted 5/11 series on the main stream, so it's not even half!

(I don't think Take ever uploaded a single vod on youtube)


casted, hosted, ok.... wrong choice of words, I'm sorry... I've had the main stream running since i got home from work, and i've heard his voice all night long. And you actually confirm it, 5/11, thats 45%. Why is he casting 45%? That's not how HSC used to be, and why?

Would like to see a sensible answer to this question...

I just don't understand this, HSC used to switch casters around all the time, what kind of influence do Rotty actually have to be able to do this...? Really weird

Last year Destiny casted like 90% of one day.

And honestly I didn't get the impression that Rotti was there ALL THE TIME either. Maybe you had bad luck at the times when you were paying attention.
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-15 00:00:14
November 14 2014 23:59 GMT
#1787
On November 15 2014 08:51 Epamynondas wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 08:29 babobbyj wrote:
On November 15 2014 08:22 Yhamm wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup/10/VODs

also RotterdaM casted 5/11 series on the main stream, so it's not even half!

(I don't think Take ever uploaded a single vod on youtube)


casted, hosted, ok.... wrong choice of words, I'm sorry... I've had the main stream running since i got home from work, and i've heard his voice all night long. And you actually confirm it, 5/11, thats 45%. Why is he casting 45%? That's not how HSC used to be, and why?

Would like to see a sensible answer to this question...

I just don't understand this, HSC used to switch casters around all the time, what kind of influence do Rotty actually have to be able to do this...? Really weird

Last year Destiny casted like 90% of one day.

And honestly I didn't get the impression that Rotti was there ALL THE TIME either. Maybe you had bad luck at the times when you were paying attention.


Rotti is the main caster for HSC as he always has been. Incontrol, Destiny and Winter are also there as casters. It's totally normal to see them most of the time, they will also do promotions with sponsors and raffles etc. They are still changing the casting lineup every bo3, but if and how much players cast is up to them as always. I don't think it's any different this HSC than usual, we already saw almost everbody from the foreigners cast.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
November 15 2014 00:00 GMT
#1788
The VODs are all blank for me, I can't see anything? Are there any others uploaded or is there any plan to upload working VODs to youtube or something?
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 15 2014 00:01 GMT
#1789
On November 15 2014 09:00 jtype wrote:
The VODs are all blank for me, I can't see anything? Are there any others uploaded or is there any plan to upload working VODs to youtube or something?


Not sure, but the rebroadcast is live

http://www.twitch.tv/taketv
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
jtype
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
England2167 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-11-15 00:22:14
November 15 2014 00:16 GMT
#1790
I think the rebroadcast has already passed the matches I wanted to watch. At least, past the earliest one I didn't want spoiled.

I guess I'll give it a day and see if it improves...


edit - Nevermind. It was a problem with my browser. I just restarted it and I could watch the VODs just fine.
norterrible
Profile Joined October 2009
United States618 Posts
November 15 2014 00:29 GMT
#1791
On November 15 2014 08:29 babobbyj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 08:22 Yhamm wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup/10/VODs

also RotterdaM casted 5/11 series on the main stream, so it's not even half!

(I don't think Take ever uploaded a single vod on youtube)


casted, hosted, ok.... wrong choice of words, I'm sorry... I've had the main stream running since i got home from work, and i've heard his voice all night long. And you actually confirm it, 5/11, thats 45%. Why is he casting 45%? That's not how HSC used to be, and why?

Would like to see a sensible answer to this question...

I just don't understand this, HSC used to switch casters around all the time, what kind of influence do Rotty actually have to be able to do this...? Really weird


Rotterdam is the best caster and #1 coolest dude in the sc2 scene right now IMO so I dont mind at all.
kekeke
juicyjames *
Profile Joined August 2011
United States3815 Posts
November 15 2014 00:37 GMT
#1792
Any recommended matches beyond what's in the OP?
This Week in SC2Find out what happened 'This Week in Starcraft 2': http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=278126
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
November 15 2014 00:40 GMT
#1793
Holy frick... Group B = Group of Death much?
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
intotheheart
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Canada33091 Posts
November 15 2014 00:45 GMT
#1794
On November 15 2014 09:37 juicyjames wrote:
Any recommended matches beyond what's in the OP?

The QXC - JD was pretty unreal.
kiss kiss fall in love
The_Red_Viper
Profile Blog Joined August 2013
19533 Posts
November 15 2014 00:52 GMT
#1795
On November 15 2014 09:40 Seeker wrote:
Holy frick... Group B = Group of Death much?

Yeah, JD always so unlucky -.-
Nice icon
IU | Sohyang || There is no God and we are his prophets | For if ‘Thou mayest’—it is also true that ‘Thou mayest not.” | Ignorance is the parent of fear |
brickrd
Profile Blog Joined March 2014
United States4894 Posts
November 15 2014 00:57 GMT
#1796
On November 15 2014 09:29 norterrible wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 08:29 babobbyj wrote:
On November 15 2014 08:22 Yhamm wrote:
http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/HomeStory_Cup/10/VODs

also RotterdaM casted 5/11 series on the main stream, so it's not even half!

(I don't think Take ever uploaded a single vod on youtube)


casted, hosted, ok.... wrong choice of words, I'm sorry... I've had the main stream running since i got home from work, and i've heard his voice all night long. And you actually confirm it, 5/11, thats 45%. Why is he casting 45%? That's not how HSC used to be, and why?

Would like to see a sensible answer to this question...

I just don't understand this, HSC used to switch casters around all the time, what kind of influence do Rotty actually have to be able to do this...? Really weird


Rotterdam is the best caster and #1 coolest dude in the sc2 scene right now IMO so I dont mind at all.

not to mention it seems extremely unlikely any of the people actually involved gave a shit about that exact percentage of matches rotti casted while they were drinking and partying together so for some random dude to invent drama about it is just hilarious
TL+ Member
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37118 Posts
November 15 2014 01:03 GMT
#1797
On November 15 2014 09:52 The_Red_Viper wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 09:40 Seeker wrote:
Holy frick... Group B = Group of Death much?

Yeah, JD always so unlucky -.-
Nice icon

Haha, thx.
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
LimeNade
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States2125 Posts
November 15 2014 01:52 GMT
#1798
On November 15 2014 09:40 Seeker wrote:
Holy frick... Group B = Group of Death much?


Yea but could you imagine if JD comes out on top of this group? Seems like a long shot but damn if he does that would be amazing !!! >.<
JD, need I say more? :D
Thax
Profile Joined July 2014
Belgium1060 Posts
November 15 2014 09:19 GMT
#1799
On November 15 2014 08:05 babobbyj wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 15 2014 08:01 Alchemik wrote:
On November 15 2014 07:57 babobbyj wrote:
Dunno what to say really, having smix with her PC all the time, and Rotterdam.... This doesnt feel like HSC at all to me, what are your thoughts?

I can understand it might be a shame they don't do interviews with players at the couch anymore, but everything else feels the same to me


Got nothing to do with that. Smix is interviewing every single player after a match, and Rotterdam is casting every single match... So what's the difference between HSC now and the regular blizz/wcs/esl thing?? Nothing, nothing at all..

Answer one question, why is rotterdam casting every single match? He comes across as a host for the whole thing... This aint HSC :p , but it was expected, Blizz put some rules in place, else there would be no WCS points... It's sad tho, that they couldnt let us have this ONE thing.


Always with the ridiculous hyperbole. Make some decent arguments and realize your own bias for a change, people.

Rotterdam doesn't cast every single match. Of the 5 I've seen he only did two. And that's not even counting the B-stream.

And even if he did there are lots of things that set this tournament apart from others. The player casting, the horsing around in the background, the armwrestling and other silly/fun "contests", the nature of the interviews even though they're all by Smix (I don't mind her in the least, she gets better at her job every tournament I see her in) and all the other things that contribute to the lighter atmosphere.

I admit that it feels a bit more structured and less off the cuff than earlier editions, but that has most likely a lot more to do with it being a bigger event due to the anniversary edition and just natural growth due to it's success than any theoretical interference from Blizzard. Also, there are no WCS points for this HSC. It doesn't meet the rules for number of open qualification spots for players.
Prev 1 88 89 90
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 177
ProTech123
Nina 34
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2223
Shuttle 1231
Snow 58
Dewaltoss 56
Bale 49
Noble 47
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm170
Counter-Strike
Coldzera 1078
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King277
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor537
Other Games
summit1g8782
JimRising 668
C9.Mang0346
PiGStarcraft297
ArmadaUGS53
ViBE47
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream84
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta20
• Letter146
• Response 6
• practicex 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo960
• Stunt209
Other Games
• Scarra838
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
8h 58m
OSC
17h 58m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 5h
Online Event
1d 6h
FEL
1d 11h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 12h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 14h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.