• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:00
CEST 05:00
KST 12:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9754 users

[Code A] Group J Season 1 2014 - Page 29

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 Next All
imrusty269
Profile Joined January 2014
United States1404 Posts
January 23 2014 07:31 GMT
#561
On January 23 2014 16:26 Qwerty85 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 16:24 Lorning wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:22 Qwerty85 wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:18 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol Supernova will proceed to get destroyed in the first round of Code S


Depends on how many protoss will he have in his group.

In WCS KR S2 he beat Parting, Squirtle, Trap, barely lost to Rain and First (3-2). He can stand his ground against them.


Yeah but now he apparently plays mech. Mech can work against zerg and terrans if he gets a terran in his group but I don't think it will work against protoss players.

I think you really need to be way above protoss in skill to make it work.


But mech is as good as bio vs protoss now.
Bbyong | MMA | Polt | Dream | Maru | Mvp
Schelim
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
Austria11528 Posts
January 23 2014 07:34 GMT
#562
On January 23 2014 16:31 imrusty269 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 16:26 Qwerty85 wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:24 Lorning wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:22 Qwerty85 wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:18 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol Supernova will proceed to get destroyed in the first round of Code S


Depends on how many protoss will he have in his group.

In WCS KR S2 he beat Parting, Squirtle, Trap, barely lost to Rain and First (3-2). He can stand his ground against them.


Yeah but now he apparently plays mech. Mech can work against zerg and terrans if he gets a terran in his group but I don't think it will work against protoss players.

I think you really need to be way above protoss in skill to make it work.


But mech is as good as bio vs protoss now.

rofl well played good sir
TY <3 Cure <3 Inno <3 Special <3
Qwerty85
Profile Joined June 2012
Croatia5536 Posts
January 23 2014 07:34 GMT
#563
On January 23 2014 16:31 imrusty269 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 16:26 Qwerty85 wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:24 Lorning wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:22 Qwerty85 wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:18 SniXSniPe wrote:
lol Supernova will proceed to get destroyed in the first round of Code S


Depends on how many protoss will he have in his group.

In WCS KR S2 he beat Parting, Squirtle, Trap, barely lost to Rain and First (3-2). He can stand his ground against them.


Yeah but now he apparently plays mech. Mech can work against zerg and terrans if he gets a terran in his group but I don't think it will work against protoss players.

I think you really need to be way above protoss in skill to make it work.


But mech is as good as bio vs protoss now.


Yeah, I guess you have a point
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-23 07:40:41
January 23 2014 07:38 GMT
#564
On January 23 2014 14:55 ssxsilver wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 14:54 aZealot wrote:
WTF! I left for a run after Stats vs The Best and come back to Carriers? And lots of Carriers?

What happened? Good game, guys?

You missed 2 carrier games!

I missed more than half of them too actually T-T I had to go out so I wanted to watch on my mobile, but I realized I was restricited to low speed (I think it's <128Kbps) by my mobile provider for today. From then I have kept struggling to catch some wifi, or watch with the "mobile" quality (in which u basically can't see anything and that was still way too heavy for my speed restriction anyway).
+ Show Spoiler +
My provider puts a limit for data download not only per month but also per 3 days. After 7GB, I get restricted until the end of the month, after 1GB over 3 days, I get restricted during the next day. 2 hours of GSL is about 500MB, maybe a bit more.
Qwerty85
Profile Joined June 2012
Croatia5536 Posts
January 23 2014 07:39 GMT
#565
On January 23 2014 16:38 samurai80 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 14:55 ssxsilver wrote:
On January 23 2014 14:54 aZealot wrote:
WTF! I left for a run after Stats vs The Best and come back to Carriers? And lots of Carriers?

What happened? Good game, guys?

You missed 2 carrier games!

I missed more than half of them too actually T-T I had to go out so I wanted to watch on my mobile, but I realized I was restricited to low speed (<128Kbps) by my mobile provider for today. From then I have kept struggling to catch some wifi, or watch with the "mobile" quality (in which u basically can't see anything).
+ Show Spoiler +
My provider puts a limit for data download not only per month but also per 3 days. After 7GB, I get restricted until the end of the month, after 1GB over 3 days, I get restricted during the next day. 2 hours of GSL is about 500MB, maybe a bit more.


Wow that sucks.
BeaTeR
Profile Joined March 2003
Kazakhstan4130 Posts
January 23 2014 07:42 GMT
#566
is there any way to watch VODs?
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
January 23 2014 07:44 GMT
#567
On January 23 2014 16:39 Qwerty85 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 16:38 samurai80 wrote:
On January 23 2014 14:55 ssxsilver wrote:
On January 23 2014 14:54 aZealot wrote:
WTF! I left for a run after Stats vs The Best and come back to Carriers? And lots of Carriers?

What happened? Good game, guys?

You missed 2 carrier games!

I missed more than half of them too actually T-T I had to go out so I wanted to watch on my mobile, but I realized I was restricited to low speed (<128Kbps) by my mobile provider for today. From then I have kept struggling to catch some wifi, or watch with the "mobile" quality (in which u basically can't see anything).
+ Show Spoiler +
My provider puts a limit for data download not only per month but also per 3 days. After 7GB, I get restricted until the end of the month, after 1GB over 3 days, I get restricted during the next day. 2 hours of GSL is about 500MB, maybe a bit more.


Wow that sucks.

I really wanted to kill my mobile provider. The 3 days restriction they set isn't written in any of the basic documentation they provide. I figured it out 2 months ago, now I use some data monitoring tool to check. I can deal with the one month limit easily but this f*** 3 days limit is annoying.
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
January 23 2014 07:46 GMT
#568
On January 23 2014 16:42 BeaTeR wrote:
is there any way to watch VODs?

On the GOMExp twitch channel, but they are behind a paywall
Community News
TL+ Member
BeaTeR
Profile Joined March 2003
Kazakhstan4130 Posts
January 23 2014 07:55 GMT
#569
On January 23 2014 16:46 Lorning wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 16:42 BeaTeR wrote:
is there any way to watch VODs?

On the GOMExp twitch channel, but they are behind a paywall

thx, looks like i should subscibe for 20 USD to watch them...
aZealot
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
New Zealand5447 Posts
January 23 2014 08:00 GMT
#570
On January 23 2014 16:55 BeaTeR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 16:46 Lorning wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:42 BeaTeR wrote:
is there any way to watch VODs?

On the GOMExp twitch channel, but they are behind a paywall

thx, looks like i should subscibe for 20 USD to watch them...


Oh wow, is it that much? Looks like I won't be watching those carrier games after all.
KT best KT ~ 2014
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
January 23 2014 08:01 GMT
#571
On January 23 2014 14:56 Loccstana wrote:
So vikings lose to carriers, voidrays, phoenix, tempest, basically every single Protoss airunit?

Vikings are good vs tempests (even if they have a smaller range, it's still a decent one and their speed allows them to not be kited too easily by the tempests).
Also, from Liquipedia about vikings :
"They can be used to deter Protoss air units, as Vikings out-range Void Rays and Phoenixes. On an equal supply basis, Vikings will be able to take out Void Rays and without micro will go relatively even against Phoenixes and Carriers."

Basically on equal supply/money/upgrade basis, vikings will be slightly > or at least = to toss air units.
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
January 23 2014 08:03 GMT
#572
On January 23 2014 15:00 ZigguratOfUr wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 14:59 BigFan wrote:
On January 23 2014 14:59 aZealot wrote:
FUCK! I don't have a GSL sub, either. It might be time to purchase one just so I can watch the vods of "Carrier has arrived".

Man, it did my Protoss heart good to see carriers owning it up for the win. :D

best part was when he recalled the carriers and the interceptors traveled half the map to get back to the carriers rofl


Its a next level scouting strategy.

I wonder what happens if by chance they actually meet some group of terran units during their way back home ?
BeaTeR
Profile Joined March 2003
Kazakhstan4130 Posts
January 23 2014 08:05 GMT
#573
On January 23 2014 17:00 aZealot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 16:55 BeaTeR wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:46 Lorning wrote:
On January 23 2014 16:42 BeaTeR wrote:
is there any way to watch VODs?

On the GOMExp twitch channel, but they are behind a paywall

thx, looks like i should subscibe for 20 USD to watch them...


Oh wow, is it that much? Looks like I won't be watching those carrier games after all.

agree, too expensive for watching 2 games lol
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
January 23 2014 08:07 GMT
#574
On January 23 2014 15:03 aZealot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 14:59 BigFan wrote:
On January 23 2014 14:59 aZealot wrote:
FUCK! I don't have a GSL sub, either. It might be time to purchase one just so I can watch the vods of "Carrier has arrived".

Man, it did my Protoss heart good to see carriers owning it up for the win. :D

best part was when he recalled the carriers and the interceptors traveled half the map to get back to the carriers rofl


Awesome. Mama Carrier, I'm coming home!

Alright, looks like they will get some money from me. I can't not watch these games and this series. :D

Yeah, now they got mine too T-T
NovaMB
Profile Joined February 2013
Germany9534 Posts
January 23 2014 08:09 GMT
#575
SUPERNOVA!!!!
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
January 23 2014 08:16 GMT
#576
Damn sounds like I missed some sick games. Was hoping Coca would get through but I like Supernova as well so I guess that's ok
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
lichter
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
1001 YEARS KESPAJAIL22272 Posts
January 23 2014 08:20 GMT
#577
On January 23 2014 17:16 Shellshock wrote:
Damn sounds like I missed some sick games. Was hoping Coca would get through but I like Supernova as well so I guess that's ok


Stats vs SuNo was the best unconventional best of 3 of 2014 so far
AdministratorYOU MUST HEED MY INSTRUCTIONS TAKE OFF YOUR THIIIINGS
samurai80
Profile Joined November 2011
Japan4225 Posts
January 23 2014 08:35 GMT
#578
On January 23 2014 15:02 Vindicare605 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 23 2014 14:59 SpaceChick wrote:
On January 23 2014 14:55 Vindicare605 wrote:
On January 23 2014 14:54 Inty wrote:
Supernova really needed widow mines. They do so well against carriers since they are cheap and fast to build and do a lot of splash since carriers stack up so much.


Only problem is that you can't target fire with Widow Mines.

Shooting at Interceptors is a complete waste.

But you can.


Stop Micro isn't target firing. There's a difference.

You can stop a widow mine from firing and have it reload it's auto-lock but you can't ever manually select what it locks on to.

Why does this matter vs Carriers? Because Interceptors are always around unless you knock them out and Widow Mines lock onto them constantly.

Makes sense.
Now if you use mines defensively around your base, the carriers get engaged before interceptors are out, and vikings can do the rest. Overall I think mines + vikings would be very decent (but mines must be far enough from yourself or the friendly fire will hurt).
Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
January 23 2014 08:55 GMT
#579
More KT in Code S.

And more Terrans! Couldn't have been better.
Flash | Mvp
Qwerty85
Profile Joined June 2012
Croatia5536 Posts
January 23 2014 09:20 GMT
#580
Silly terran going for something other than reaper expand into bio+medivacs.
Prev 1 27 28 29 30 31 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings127
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta31
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 232
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10595
Terrorterran 5
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1116
NeuroSwarm203
febbydoto20
League of Legends
JimRising 703
Counter-Strike
taco 259
minikerr48
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King316
hungrybox129
Other Games
summit1g9486
Maynarde214
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick446
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 6
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 191
• Letter145
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo636
• Rush411
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
7h
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
8h
Monday Night Weeklies
13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 7h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 21h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.