• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:58
CEST 21:58
KST 04:58
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)48Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8583 users

[LRSL] The LR Tournament Thread - Page 51

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 66 Next
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
November 11 2013 19:49 GMT
#1001
If a giant group is too much trouble we could still split it into NA, EU and KR/Down Under qualifier groups with that format. Seeker wins the latter by default as he's Korean
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
November 11 2013 19:50 GMT
#1002
Get to know your semifinalists: Part 2 - Jer99

+ Show Spoiler +
Hey Jer99! Why don't you give us a short introduction of yourself for the thousands of viewers out there who may not be as familiar with you as we are?

Hey! My name is Jeremy and I am a 21 year old living in Canada. I played a ton of brood war but mostly UMS so I do have somewhat of a background in the RTS scene. I picked up SC2 on release day and started out as Protoss on the ladder, later switching to terran. I don't ladder that often, normally getting in about 30 1v1 games per season, but I do play more team ladder games with some friends.


You have just made the semifinals of the most stacked tournament of the year, the LRSL Season 1. As Polt's representative you've advanced over DarkLordOlli's minion HerO fanboy Darkhoarse and the master himself. How do you feel about your performance so far?

My Ro16 matches went very smoothly and as I had hoped, but I had a tough time in the Ro8. DLO put me on a good run, and I do think that if he went for proxy stargate play or more DT rushes I would have lost. I got lucky in the last game and saw his colossus with an SCV so I had time to get enough vikings out to hold on, and ended up taking him out 3-2

You had a rather easy time against Darkhoarse (3-0) but the Ro8 match was heavily contested. Overall which of those matchups (TvT or TvP) would you rate as your strongest? Or might it even be TvZ?

I feel as though my TvT is probably my best matchup with my TvZ being a close 2nd. My TvP is by far my worst matchup, I really don't like to play vs Protoss at all.

In the semifinals you're going to face Talionis who won both of his series by defeating terran opponents. Did you expect to face him here? What do you think about the matchup?

I honestly did not know who I would face at this point because I haven't really seen any of the other players play, so I don't really know where their skill level is at. I didn't even get to see his games so I might go back to some VoDs and study him a bit since he's got a bit of a streak vs Terrans right now. I don't mind playing vs Zerg and unless he hides some crazy all-ins I think i can take the series 3-0 or 3-1

The LRSL has sparked immense interest from the community so far. As a Live Report warrior you likely haven't experienced this kind of exposure to the mainstream before. Are you sure you can handle the pressure?

My stream viewing numbers have almost quintupled from when I normally stream, so I am happy that I am getting this many viewers. I do try to stream and cast the other matches when I can, and when I play my own matches I do stream the FPView of that.
As for the pressure I feel like I perform my best when under pressure, everything just seems to go so well and smooth. It feels like time is slowing down almost and I have more time to assess the situations, macro and micro, and everything else that goes on in the game.

If you could sum up the reason why you're going to win the first LRSL in one sentence, what would it be?

Dodging Protoss

Any shoutouts, trash talk, HYPE?

Shoutout to my stream viewers thanks for tuning in! No trash talk really, when I do I end up losing catastrophically in my next series.


Thanks for taking the time and good luck in the tournament!

Thanks!
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 19:52:22
November 11 2013 19:51 GMT
#1003
wtf he didn't BM his ro16 opponent
also everyone trying to avoid protoss haha
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
dangthatsright
Profile Joined July 2011
1160 Posts
November 11 2013 19:52 GMT
#1004
just played protoss
will win because dodging protoss
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 11 2013 19:53 GMT
#1005
Only slightly. DLO called me his minion though idk if that's good or bad for me.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 19:54:21
November 11 2013 19:54 GMT
#1006
Get to know your semifinalists: Part 3 - Talionis

+ Show Spoiler +
Hey Talionis! Why don't you give us a short introduction of yourself for the thousands of viewers out there who may not be as familiar with you as we are?

I'm just some Australian dude living in Scotland. I used to post frequently back in the days of the KSL and all that lovely stuff. I haven't been as active over the past year as I'm in my last year of university (Mathematics master race) but I'm always around here.
I've been playing Starcraft on and off for about 5 years now. Used to play Protoss, but I've picked up zerg in the past couple of months due to Soulkey being a complete boss.


You have just made the semifinals of the most stacked tournament of the year, the LRSL Season 1. As Soulkey's representative you've advanced over Swedish fan favorite Zealously and notorious Prime fanboy Lorning. How do you feel about your performance so far?

My first series was exactly what Soulkey vs Naniwa should have resulted as, aside from a slight scare in game 3. I think Soulkey would be proud. There are some very apparent flaws in my other games when it comes to managing my economy but I believe they will be simple to fix. My games should look a lot better in the next round.


You displayed strong ZvT so far but didn't have to show any other matchup. Would you consider your ZvT a strength of yours or is it merely foreboding greater things to come?

I'd say ZvT is my most consistently good matchup, but some of my mechanical flaws can make it really difficult against good players. My ZvP can be better against specific types of protoss players. I'm just lucky that there are no other zergs in this tournament.


In the semifinals you're going to face the winner of Jer99 and DarkLordOlli, both of whom won their Ro16 series 3-0 on the back of their mirror matchup. Neither of them will have played a zerg when they eventually face you. What are your thoughts on both those players and who would you rather face/why?

I've seen very little of Olli in this tournament, but I would expect him to come in with a very specific build or do something early on to set the pace of the game.
As for Jer, it seems he plays very standard with tendencies to do a lot of drops and multipronged harass.
I think that Olli's style matches me well, but if I can clean up my play a little I think playing against Jer will be a really exciting match.


The LRSL has sparked immense interest from the community so far. As a Live Report warrior you likely haven't experienced this kind of exposure to the mainstream before. Are you sure you can handle the pressure?

Yes.


If you could sum up the reason why you're going to win the first LRSL in one sentence, what would it be?

I'm the only zerg left and my name's not Jaedong, history says that I've got an extremely good chance.


Any shoutouts, trash talk, HYPE?
Nope. If you want hype, watch my next games.

Thanks for taking the time and good luck in the tournament!
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Necro)Phagist(
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
Canada6667 Posts
November 11 2013 19:55 GMT
#1007
On November 12 2013 04:34 DarkLordOlli wrote:
My head is about to explode D:

Dat passion though. Personally I'd like a round robin Bo3 qualifier and then a 16 people tournament with GSL format but that'd consume so much time to organize, etc. Would need backup.

If we could pull off that kind of format it would be amazing! Also it would be nice if in the qualifiers you could get matched up against someone closer in skill It makes it harder but I wanna be able to make it in and do group selections would be fucking hilarious :D
"Are you talking to me? Because your authority is not recognized in fort kick ass!"" ||Park Jung Suk|| |MC|HerO|HyuN|
Jer99
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Canada8160 Posts
November 11 2013 19:55 GMT
#1008
If I play undead in the final, I am fucked
StrategyTaeJa #1 || @TL_Jer99 || "seeker seeked out his seeking"
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
November 11 2013 19:55 GMT
#1009
Oh my, interviews

Community News
TL+ Member
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 11 2013 19:56 GMT
#1010
Nice interviews .
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 11 2013 19:56 GMT
#1011
next season I am playing random
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 11 2013 19:57 GMT
#1012
On November 12 2013 04:55 Jer99 wrote:
If I play undead in the final, I am fucked

Don't have such a bad mindset!!!! You will win now.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Darkhorse
Profile Blog Joined December 2011
United States23455 Posts
November 11 2013 19:58 GMT
#1013
Anyways I can help with organization if you need me, I'll play in the tournament as well.
WriterRecently Necro'd (?)
Talionis
Profile Joined November 2010
Scotland4085 Posts
November 11 2013 19:59 GMT
#1014
On November 12 2013 04:55 Jer99 wrote:
If I play undead in the final, I am fucked

Shouldn't think too far ahead m8
The_Templar
Profile Blog Joined January 2011
your Country52798 Posts
November 11 2013 20:00 GMT
#1015
On November 12 2013 04:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
Anyways I can help with organization if you need me, I'll play in the tournament as well.

I can probably premake LR OPs if someone gives me a good banner and a pencil
ModeratorI am still alive, somehow
TL+ Member
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
November 11 2013 20:00 GMT
#1016
On November 12 2013 04:59 Talionis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 04:55 Jer99 wrote:
If I play undead in the final, I am fucked

Shouldn't think too far ahead m8


aaaaaaaw yeaaaaah! That's the spirit!
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Lorning *
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
Belgica34432 Posts
November 11 2013 20:04 GMT
#1017
Yorkie vs TeeTs is supposed to be now?
Community News
TL+ Member
jakethesnake
Profile Blog Joined May 2011
Canada4948 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 20:10:07
November 11 2013 20:07 GMT
#1018
On November 12 2013 05:04 Lorning wrote:
Yorkie vs TeeTs is supposed to be now?


as far as I know its supposed to be now. No sign of them yet though.

Yup. Last record of their game is 3 PM EST/9 PM CET:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=434535&currentpage=39#775
Community Newsjjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji || jjakji nshoseo.jpg
Musicus
Profile Joined August 2011
Germany23580 Posts
November 11 2013 20:07 GMT
#1019
On November 12 2013 04:59 Talionis wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 04:55 Jer99 wrote:
If I play undead in the final, I am fucked

Shouldn't think too far ahead m8


This is good, keep going please.
Maru and Serral are probably top 5.
Undead1993
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany17651 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-11-11 20:11:23
November 11 2013 20:10 GMT
#1020
On November 12 2013 05:00 The_Templar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 12 2013 04:58 Darkhoarse wrote:
Anyways I can help with organization if you need me, I'll play in the tournament as well.

I can probably premake LR OPs if someone gives me a good banner and a pencil

i will probably crush you all so you have more time to prepare banners etc. <3
but no srsly if ican do something for ya tell me
SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO SEKO
Prev 1 49 50 51 52 53 66 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 649
JuggernautJason81
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15640
Dewaltoss 118
Bale 11
Dota 2
monkeys_forever309
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3498
Khaldor1936
crisheroes1191
Liquid`Hasu846
Other Games
summit1g3811
fl0m1106
Beastyqt682
FrodaN456
shahzam432
byalli246
KnowMe172
ArmadaUGS165
C9.Mang0164
UpATreeSC96
Mew2King70
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV189
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream94
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 28
• FirePhoenix8
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie909
• WagamamaTV278
• Shiphtur234
Upcoming Events
OSC
4h 2m
Stellar Fest
17h 2m
OSC
1d 2h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 14h
Online Event
1d 15h
FEL
1d 20h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 21h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 23h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.