• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:26
CEST 20:26
KST 03:26
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10380 users

[SPL] CJ Entus vs. SK Telecom T1 R4 - Page 14

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next All
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
April 29 2013 12:31 GMT
#261
I gotta be honest with yalls.

I was fan of WoL PvP.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
April 29 2013 12:33 GMT
#262
[WCS AM] RO32 Group F Premier Season 1 2013 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18402829
[SPL] EG-TL vs. Samsung KHAN R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392625
[SPL] KT Rolster vs. Team 8 R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392620

dno if i've spammed this enough already but here's tomorrow's threads haha
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
April 29 2013 12:34 GMT
#263
On April 29 2013 21:31 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I gotta be honest with yalls.

I was fan of WoL PvP.

Really? I mean, near the end of WoL, it was decent, but it was still pretty passive and majority of WoL, it was always the same stupid mirror. I didn't find 8+ Colossi even close to being fun.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 12:38:39
April 29 2013 12:38 GMT
#264
On April 29 2013 21:34 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 21:31 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I gotta be honest with yalls.

I was fan of WoL PvP.

Really? I mean, near the end of WoL, it was decent, but it was still pretty passive and majority of WoL, it was always the same stupid mirror. I didn't find 8+ Colossi even close to being fun.


I do think it was fun at the highest level, especially if it started out with aggression. PvP was one of the harshest and most unforgiving matchups in the game. One tiny mistake no matter where you make it would cost you the game. That and it was a super positional matchup.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
April 29 2013 12:46 GMT
#265
--- Nuked ---
Ramiz1989
Profile Joined July 2012
12124 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 12:53:41
April 29 2013 12:50 GMT
#266
On April 29 2013 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 21:34 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On April 29 2013 21:31 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I gotta be honest with yalls.

I was fan of WoL PvP.

Really? I mean, near the end of WoL, it was decent, but it was still pretty passive and majority of WoL, it was always the same stupid mirror. I didn't find 8+ Colossi even close to being fun.


I do think it was fun at the highest level, especially if it started out with aggression. PvP was one of the harshest and most unforgiving matchups in the game. One tiny mistake no matter where you make it would cost you the game. That and it was a super positional matchup.

Uh, I disagree, every match-up in SC2 is quite unforgiving. Baneling-Ling Aggression in ZvZ? One Baneling can change the game. PvZ, one missed Force Field can cost you the game, TvZ, one Fungal(which was instant) could cut your army in half. So, yes it was unforgiving, but one of the most? I don't feel like it was. Beside, even if it was, I just can't believe it that a lot of the time it all came to the point where who has more Colossi and who focus fire first wins.. I just hate that.

Edit: Yes, it depends on the map, I agree, but most of the maps in WoL were pretty bad for PvP. If it was shorter map, it was 4-gate/blink, if it was large map, lets camp into 8+ Colossi.

I must say that I love EVERY match-up in HOTS, because all of them supports early aggression. Even Protoss matches aren't as much about camping as they were in WoL. Early Mothership Core with Gate units aggressions and pokes, Phoenixes, Oracles.
"I've been to hell and back, and back to hell…and back. This time, I've brought Hell back with me."
Proseat
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Germany5113 Posts
April 29 2013 12:55 GMT
#267
herO[jOin] reached a 3-win streak.

Scoring:

SKT +3

FanTaSy +4
Rain +4
herO[jOin] +4
Hydra +3
s2 +4
BeSt +4

all other SKT players +1
The Rise and Fall of SlayerS -- a timeline: http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/viewblog.php?id=378097
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
April 29 2013 13:04 GMT
#268
On April 29 2013 21:33 opterown wrote:
[WCS AM] RO32 Group F Premier Season 1 2013 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18402829
[SPL] EG-TL vs. Samsung KHAN R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392625
[SPL] KT Rolster vs. Team 8 R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392620

dno if i've spammed this enough already but here's tomorrow's threads haha

might be able to do 1 of them we'll see
Moderatorlickypiddy
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
April 29 2013 13:09 GMT
#269
On April 29 2013 22:04 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 21:33 opterown wrote:
[WCS AM] RO32 Group F Premier Season 1 2013 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18402829
[SPL] EG-TL vs. Samsung KHAN R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392625
[SPL] KT Rolster vs. Team 8 R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392620

dno if i've spammed this enough already but here's tomorrow's threads haha

might be able to do 1 of them we'll see

tyty and thanks for today's thread too!
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-04-29 13:19:43
April 29 2013 13:18 GMT
#270
On April 29 2013 21:50 Ramiz1989 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
On April 29 2013 21:34 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On April 29 2013 21:31 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I gotta be honest with yalls.

I was fan of WoL PvP.

Really? I mean, near the end of WoL, it was decent, but it was still pretty passive and majority of WoL, it was always the same stupid mirror. I didn't find 8+ Colossi even close to being fun.


I do think it was fun at the highest level, especially if it started out with aggression. PvP was one of the harshest and most unforgiving matchups in the game. One tiny mistake no matter where you make it would cost you the game. That and it was a super positional matchup.

Uh, I disagree, every match-up in SC2 is quite unforgiving. Baneling-Ling Aggression in ZvZ? One Baneling can change the game. PvZ, one missed Force Field can cost you the game, TvZ, one Fungal(which was instant) could cut your army in half. So, yes it was unforgiving, but one of the most? I don't feel like it was. Beside, even if it was, I just can't believe it that a lot of the time it all came to the point where who has more Colossi and who focus fire first wins.. I just hate that.

Edit: Yes, it depends on the map, I agree, but most of the maps in WoL were pretty bad for PvP. If it was shorter map, it was 4-gate/blink, if it was large map, lets camp into 8+ Colossi.

I must say that I love EVERY match-up in HOTS, because all of them supports early aggression. Even Protoss matches aren't as much about camping as they were in WoL. Early Mothership Core with Gate units aggressions and pokes, Phoenixes, Oracles.


I disagree again, especially with the part about maps. Larger maps favored blink players because of the rush distance that kept you even safer while containing your opponent with blink. And a 4gate never cared about rush distance.
The unforgivingness of PvP began in the early game. Got a slight build order disadvantage? A good player might outright kill you. Being out of position, taking bad fights, not scouting perfectly, not using your units/tech perfectly when your opponent does... all of these things cut you hard in PvP, sometimes to the point where you just instantly lose the game.

TvT for example, you might lose a whole bunch of tanks but with good drops etc, there's a chance to crawl back. In PvP what happens is you type out. Can't lose units that you still need or you're dead.

HotS PvP is cool too but I don't think it's figured out yet. There's still so many build order losses and people will eventually find holes to abuse which will shape the metagame.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
Denar
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
France1633 Posts
April 29 2013 13:40 GMT
#271
On April 29 2013 22:04 NovemberstOrm wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 21:33 opterown wrote:
[WCS AM] RO32 Group F Premier Season 1 2013 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18402829
[SPL] EG-TL vs. Samsung KHAN R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392625
[SPL] KT Rolster vs. Team 8 R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392620

dno if i've spammed this enough already but here's tomorrow's threads haha

might be able to do 1 of them we'll see


Which one would be most convenient for you ?
Arceus
Profile Blog Joined February 2008
Vietnam8333 Posts
April 29 2013 13:46 GMT
#272
caught the vods. SH is so goddamn absolutely shit
NovemberstOrm
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
Canada16217 Posts
April 29 2013 13:55 GMT
#273
On April 29 2013 22:40 Denar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 22:04 NovemberstOrm wrote:
On April 29 2013 21:33 opterown wrote:
[WCS AM] RO32 Group F Premier Season 1 2013 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18402829
[SPL] EG-TL vs. Samsung KHAN R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392625
[SPL] KT Rolster vs. Team 8 R4 - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewpost.php?post_id=18392620

dno if i've spammed this enough already but here's tomorrow's threads haha

might be able to do 1 of them we'll see


Which one would be most convenient for you ?

KT vs Team 8
Moderatorlickypiddy
sparklyresidue
Profile Joined August 2011
United States5524 Posts
April 29 2013 14:55 GMT
#274
CJ Entus definitely having a hard time with the HoTS transition. On another note, go Fantasy!
Like Tinkerbelle, I leave behind a sparkly residue.
Mortal
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
2943 Posts
April 29 2013 14:58 GMT
#275
Man, I think I'm just going to have to cut my losses in FPL this season I picked a bummer team to start with I guess.
The universe created an audience for itself.
NicksonReyes
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
Philippines4431 Posts
April 29 2013 15:12 GMT
#276
On April 29 2013 23:55 sparklyresidue wrote:
CJ Entus definitely having a hard time with the HoTS transition. On another note, go Fantasy!

Yeah, their zergs are the core of the team, and both Effort and Hydra have been sucking lately. Not sure about Effort record this round, but Hydra, also one of the top 10 players as of R3, is only like 2-5 this round.
"Start yo" -FlaSh
PIJAMA
Profile Joined February 2009
Brazil137 Posts
April 29 2013 16:39 GMT
#277
On April 29 2013 21:01 osmanic wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 20:59 NicksonReyes wrote:
On April 29 2013 20:55 osmanic wrote:
On April 29 2013 20:51 OrchidThief wrote:
What the hell is a revolutionist?


as far as i know bisu did revolutionize something in a matchup in BW. thats why he's called a revolutionist

EDIT: was it corsair/reaver in PvZ?

FFE -> Corsair DT. Basically, just making FFE a standard in PvZ, since it already existed before the revolution, just not as popular and effective as it is even until now.


wow didn't know that he had that much of an impact in the PvZ matchup, thanks for pointing that out!


The greatest bisu lesson: On esports, looking good is far more important than just winning games... :D
DidYuhim
Profile Joined September 2011
Ukraine1905 Posts
April 29 2013 16:51 GMT
#278
On April 29 2013 21:38 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2013 21:34 Ramiz1989 wrote:
On April 29 2013 21:31 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I gotta be honest with yalls.

I was fan of WoL PvP.

Really? I mean, near the end of WoL, it was decent, but it was still pretty passive and majority of WoL, it was always the same stupid mirror. I didn't find 8+ Colossi even close to being fun.


I do think it was fun at the highest level, especially if it started out with aggression. PvP was one of the harshest and most unforgiving matchups in the game. One tiny mistake no matter where you make it would cost you the game. That and it was a super positional matchup.

I really enjoyed the games with low number of colossi. At some point there were popular attacks with immortals and warp prism designed to kill the guy who rushed support bay. They didn't last long, though.
tuho12345
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
4482 Posts
April 29 2013 18:11 GMT
#279
yay Fantasy, herO and Hydra all on my main FPL. Also TvZ is so great recently, Innovation vs Effort/Soulkey and now Fantasy vs Effort.
PVJ
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
Hungary5221 Posts
April 29 2013 18:34 GMT
#280
Master Fantaji always delivering the most entertaining matches.
The heart's eternal vow
Prev 1 12 13 14 15 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
ComeBackTV 663
SteadfastSC506
IntoTheiNu 466
EnkiAlexander 90
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 506
UpATreeSC 155
BRAT_OK 58
PtitDrogo 44
JuggernautJason44
MindelVK 21
Codebar 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 35271
Soulkey 300
BeSt 220
Dewaltoss 121
Mind 43
Killer 34
Trap 30
ToSsGirL 23
Shine 20
Dota 2
Dendi903
qojqva845
Counter-Strike
fl0m1165
Fnx 737
shoxiejesuss386
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King115
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2690
Khaldor1844
Liquid`Hasu620
Other Games
Grubby3357
ArmadaUGS1449
ceh9527
B2W.Neo500
byalli427
C9.Mang0148
KnowMe146
Chillindude136
QueenE100
Trikslyr44
Railgan22
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream91
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 50
• Adnapsc2 10
• Reevou 6
• intothetv
• IndyKCrew
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki37
• blackmanpl 16
• FirePhoenix11
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1045
Other Games
• imaqtpie1033
• Scarra414
• Shiphtur311
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
15h 35m
OSC
18h 35m
Stellar Fest
18h 35m
OSC
1d 5h
Stellar Fest
1d 18h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.