• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9180 users

MLG Tournament of Champions semis Rain vs Flash

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Normal
iS.Axslav
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
United States248 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 00:04:13
December 13 2012 17:49 GMT
#1
[image loading]

2012 MLG Tournament of Champions

Watch Live! (Free in HD)

Flash Keyboard Giveaway

Thursday, Dec 13 11:00pm GMT (GMT+00:00)


Details
+ Show Spoiler +
Schedule: All broadcasts start at 6pm ET with rebroadcasts immediately following

VOD DongRaeGu vs Flash – Quarterfinal #1
VOD soO vs. MarineKing – Quarterfinal #2
VOD = Leenock vs. Rain – Quarterfinal #3
VOD = Life vs. PartinG – Quarterfinal #4
Thursday 12/13 = Semifinal #1
Monday 12/17 = Semifinal #2
Thursday 12/20 = Final

Format: Single Elimination Bracket; Best of 5 Games matches; Final – Best of 7

Prizes: 1st Place = $5,000, 2nd Place = $2,000


BRACKET

[image loading]

(P)Rain vs (T)Flash
+ Show Spoiler +
Game 1
Map: Metropolis
Winner: Rain

Game 2
Map: Daybreak
Winner: Flash

Game 3
Map: Ohana
Winner: Rain

Game 4
Map: Cloud Kingdom
Winner: Rain

Rain wins 3-1 to advance to the Tournament of Champions Grand Final


Get hyped for tonight, Flash's Top 5 plays from MLG Fall Championships

Ctesias
Profile Joined December 2012
4595 Posts
December 13 2012 17:59 GMT
#2
Now this should be good. Both Rain and Flash are among my favorite players, but I'm gonna have to root for Flash here. Going to be tough taking out Rain though.
Flash | Mvp
umelbumel
Profile Joined January 2011
2026 Posts
December 13 2012 18:03 GMT
#3
Rain will take it 3:2.
MisterTea
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1047 Posts
December 13 2012 18:12 GMT
#4
flash 3-1
Inzan1ty
Profile Joined September 2012
1163 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 18:26:59
December 13 2012 18:19 GMT
#5
By.Sun will crush him

[image loading]
RIP Seung Hyun 'Space' Park † 6/5/2013 - Undead hero and eSports rolemodel
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 13 2012 18:25 GMT
#6
Rain will win. He's good with storms and Flash doesnt like to use ghosts
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
December 13 2012 18:32 GMT
#7
If Flash plays standard he's gonna get crushed. Playing standard macro against Rain is suicide
b0ub0u
Profile Joined September 2009
Canada445 Posts
December 13 2012 18:55 GMT
#8
Flash 3-2. Calling it now. Will be close.
In the swarm we trust
Fuell
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands3111 Posts
December 13 2012 18:58 GMT
#9
3-1 Rain
fOu/Zenith/NEX/WeRRa/SlayerS
Jmanthedragonguy
Profile Joined August 2012
Canada1202 Posts
December 13 2012 19:01 GMT
#10
The Kespa Powerhouses
LighT.
Profile Joined December 2010
Canada4501 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:54:04
December 13 2012 19:25 GMT
#11
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:53:34
December 13 2012 21:08 GMT
#12
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up

..................
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
MisterTea
Profile Joined September 2010
United Kingdom1047 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:53:48
December 13 2012 21:20 GMT
#13
On December 14 2012 06:08 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up

..................

WHY did I click that fking spoiler, i thought it was going to be a meme or something

why did you even post it -_-
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:53:17
December 13 2012 21:22 GMT
#14
On December 14 2012 06:20 MisterTea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 06:08 Za7oX wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up

..................

WHY did I click that fking spoiler, i thought it was going to be a meme or something

why did you even post it -_-

he fucked me up too T_T
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
NotRandoMNamE
Profile Joined August 2012
80 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:53:01
December 13 2012 21:28 GMT
#15
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:52:45
December 13 2012 21:58 GMT
#16
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:52:24
December 13 2012 22:02 GMT
#17
On December 14 2012 06:58 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?

i saw "I dont know what the score is" and then clicked the spoiler thing. yeh......

don't you think its better to not have it there then to have the chance of ruining it for others ?
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:52:03
December 13 2012 22:06 GMT
#18
On December 14 2012 07:02 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 06:58 Dosey wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?

i saw "I dont know what the score is" and then clicked the spoiler thing. yeh......

don't you think its better to not have it there then to have the chance of ruining it for others ?

Kind of your own fault for clicking a spoiler without reading the entire post, no?
nath
Profile Blog Joined May 2010
United States1788 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:51:49
December 13 2012 22:18 GMT
#19
On December 14 2012 07:02 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 06:58 Dosey wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?

i saw "I dont know what the score is" and then clicked the spoiler thing. yeh......

don't you think its better to not have it there then to have the chance of ruining it for others ?

you are really dumb enough to think that not knowing the score of a bo3 automatically means not knowing the winner? instead of, you know, what he said.

anyway OT, im pulling for Rain, Flash's time to be able to be a clear favorite here is later, not now.
Founder of Flow Enterprises, LLC http://flow-enterprises.com/
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
December 13 2012 22:22 GMT
#20
Kespa SC2 is straight ridiculous good.


oh and delete that spoiler dude :p

it's making me nervous with it being there.
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Inzan1ty
Profile Joined September 2012
1163 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:26:24
December 13 2012 22:24 GMT
#21
Those kind of ugly spoilers should really draw a temp ban.

people are getting moderated for far less annoying posts.
RIP Seung Hyun 'Space' Park † 6/5/2013 - Undead hero and eSports rolemodel
Taipoka
Profile Joined November 2012
Brazil1224 Posts
December 13 2012 22:26 GMT
#22
O well.
I really don´t know who i´m gonna root for.
flash, no rain, no flash, no rain, no flash, no flain, no rash,...
And in the 7th day, Flash stopped macroing the universe.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
December 13 2012 22:26 GMT
#23
Flash vs Rain? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS IS FUCKING AWESOME! HOLY FUCK I'M GLAD I CAN WATCH!! Rain might be my favorite player right now, but its friggin Flash. I say FLash wins this 3-2.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
YKMx
Profile Joined July 2012
Malaysia11 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:37:04
December 13 2012 22:36 GMT
#24
Rain 3:1 Flash for sure
regizer239
Profile Joined March 2012
Guam327 Posts
December 13 2012 22:40 GMT
#25
Yeah just because it was spoiled for you doesn't mean you should try and spoil it for others.
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:51:21
December 13 2012 22:43 GMT
#26
On December 14 2012 07:06 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 07:02 Za7oX wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:58 Dosey wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?

i saw "I dont know what the score is" and then clicked the spoiler thing. yeh......

don't you think its better to not have it there then to have the chance of ruining it for others ?

Kind of your own fault for clicking a spoiler without reading the entire post, no?

Yes i should have read the whole post before clicking but you just shouldn't post that in here. On the off chance of pissing people off...

Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:51:39
December 13 2012 22:46 GMT
#27
oops..... sorry
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
KwarK
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States44325 Posts
December 13 2012 22:51 GMT
#28
Purging topic of the spoiler, you guys all had to fucking quote it and each other didn't you.
ModeratorThe angels have the phone box
Meiffeltower
Profile Joined March 2011
Sweden674 Posts
December 13 2012 22:53 GMT
#29
dis gunna be goood
LEEEEE YOOOUUUUUNG HOOOOOO
HaXXspetten
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
Sweden15718 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 22:55:26
December 13 2012 22:54 GMT
#30
I seriously hope that spoiler wasn't real... well I'm gonna pray for seriously?!?!? victory nonetheless

User was temp banned for this post.
sc2superfan101
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
3583 Posts
December 13 2012 22:54 GMT
#31
dude.... wtf HaX? are you serious?
My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Dosey
Profile Joined September 2010
United States4505 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 23:08:00
December 13 2012 22:55 GMT
#32
On December 14 2012 07:43 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 07:06 Dosey wrote:
On December 14 2012 07:02 Za7oX wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:58 Dosey wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?

i saw "I dont know what the score is" and then clicked the spoiler thing. yeh......

don't you think its better to not have it there then to have the chance of ruining it for others ?

Kind of your own fault for clicking a spoiler without reading the entire post, no?

Yes i should have read the whole post before clicking but you just shouldn't post that in here. On the off chance of pissing people off...


If someone is dumb enough to click a post that, in the context, clearly had an actual spoiler in the spoilers, then they kind of deserve to get spoiled and have no right to be pissed off at the poster. Now if he were to post something absurd like "GANGNAM STYLE PWNS!!11!" and then put "MKP wins MLG ToC 4-0 against Symbol" in the spoiler, spoiling the rest of the tournament, THEN you have the right to be pissed off. But in this context? No, nor does he deserve a ban like some are calling for.

Edited it out of my post for you KwarK

Bahahahahahah Haxx... oh man. Ouch, that got him a 30day. Remind me not to piss you off.
decado90
Profile Blog Joined December 2012
United States480 Posts
December 13 2012 22:55 GMT
#33
On December 14 2012 07:43 Za7oX wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 07:06 Dosey wrote:
On December 14 2012 07:02 Za7oX wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:58 Dosey wrote:
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?

i saw "I dont know what the score is" and then clicked the spoiler thing. yeh......

don't you think its better to not have it there then to have the chance of ruining it for others ?

Kind of your own fault for clicking a spoiler without reading the entire post, no?

Yes i should have read the whole post before clicking but you just shouldn't post that in here. On the off chance of pissing people off...



Yea, but also lets some people read it then decide if they want to watch or go do something else.

Just a nice option to have imo. He did put it in spoilers and said "results were spoiled
"Be formless like water"- Bruce Lee
orcsmash
Profile Joined April 2009
Canada319 Posts
December 13 2012 22:57 GMT
#34
On December 14 2012 07:54 HaXXspetten wrote:
I seriously hope that spoiler wasn't real... well I'm gonna pray for seriously?!?!? victory nonetheless


/facepalm
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
December 13 2012 22:58 GMT
#35
Flash fighting!!!
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Osyrul
Profile Joined February 2012
257 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 23:00:39
December 13 2012 23:00 GMT
#36
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
+ Show Spoiler +
Rain won and got 2nd in the tournament

but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up

NOOOOOOOO!

On December 14 2012 06:58 Dosey wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 06:28 NotRandoMNamE wrote:
On December 14 2012 04:25 LighT. wrote:
I dont know what the score is, however it's been spoiled already:
+ Show Spoiler +
Rain won and got 2nd in the tournament

but I'll watch it just because..Epic match up


Just because its already been spoiled doesn't mean its okay for you to spoil it...

He said it was spoiled and then put something in spoiler tags. What the fuck did you think was in the spoiler? Rainbows and Sunshines?

That's exactly what i was expecting, spoiler tag has been used throughout the forum for many other purposes.
Like + Show Spoiler +
jk

Why would you not only spoil this match, also the final. + Show Spoiler +
I'm aware that you are not the one spoiling it, just speaking in a third person manner.

I admit it, It's my own damn fault for clicking a spoiler tag on a tournament thread.
But couldn't you help out a fellow TL'er by double spoilering it?
EDIT: F5 before you post DERP
Fjodorov
Profile Joined December 2011
5007 Posts
December 13 2012 23:00 GMT
#37
flash vs rain? sc2 candy on a thursday? Wohoooooooo!
UnKooL
Profile Joined August 2010
Korea (South)1667 Posts
December 13 2012 23:01 GMT
#38
Damn getting goosebumps waiting for this match to happen. I will try to pick up a few builds from Rain seeing my PvT is very bad right now.
LoL: UnKooL and SoloQFiendUnKooL, SC2: UnKooL
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
December 13 2012 23:01 GMT
#39
Did people really post the actual spoiler in the thread? ROFL.... when I was asked the other day I just told them to google it. Poor people that were spoiled unintentionally. I like being spoiled sometimes though cause it makes me less nervous when watching my favorites lol... but only by choice!
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
neptunusfisk
Profile Blog Joined July 2012
2286 Posts
December 13 2012 23:05 GMT
#40
This series will probably be good.
maru G5L pls
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
December 13 2012 23:08 GMT
#41
clicking spoiler tags in lr is more fail then gain. And I think I'll pass on the keyboard after the closeup. Still an awesome giveaway.
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
December 13 2012 23:09 GMT
#42
See. Caused more harm than good T_T . Just keep them away lol

Nehoooooooooooo, hopefully some fun games
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
Sabu113
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States11109 Posts
December 13 2012 23:10 GMT
#43
Betting on Flash? Against Rain...
Really?
Biomine is a drunken chick who is on industrial strength amphetamines and would just grab your dick and jerk it as hard and violently as she could while screaming 'OMG FUCK ME', because she saw it in a Sasha Grey video ...-Wombat_Ni
PresenceSc2
Profile Joined February 2011
Australia4032 Posts
December 13 2012 23:11 GMT
#44
Translation plz ?
Stephano//HerO//TaeJa//Squirtle//Bomber
Antithesis
Profile Joined August 2010
Germany1271 Posts
December 13 2012 23:13 GMT
#45
This tournament always shows up when I'm kind of bored. Flash vs. Rain out of the nothing, nice.
Mutation complete.
speknek
Profile Joined February 2012
758 Posts
December 13 2012 23:15 GMT
#46
rain 3-0 prolly, flash usually wins his tvp's cos the protoss fuck up a lot, but rain doesn't fuck up
paradoxOO9
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom1123 Posts
December 13 2012 23:18 GMT
#47
Get in after a 4 hour journey back home and this is on, perfect thing to watch before bed
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
December 13 2012 23:18 GMT
#48
--- Nuked ---
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
December 13 2012 23:31 GMT
#49
Flash is a beast this game, he's everywhere.
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
Warpath
Profile Joined April 2010
Canada1242 Posts
December 13 2012 23:33 GMT
#50
flash slammin the D on his rax
Shikada
Profile Joined May 2012
Serbia976 Posts
December 13 2012 23:33 GMT
#51
gg god
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
December 13 2012 23:33 GMT
#52
Woah soooo much Starcraft to watch, started with Ritmix => MSI Finals => Rain vs Flash and then IPTL^^

Great Game 2!
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
December 13 2012 23:34 GMT
#53
flassshuuuuuu
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 13 2012 23:36 GMT
#54
He is Lee.

Bring the Young Hos.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
willyallthewei
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States265 Posts
December 13 2012 23:37 GMT
#55
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...
"never give up, never surrender"
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
December 13 2012 23:38 GMT
#56
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm
Liquid | SKT
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
December 13 2012 23:38 GMT
#57
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...


His name is "Flash" after all. Heh, heh I'm so funny I should be a stand-up comedian....
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
December 13 2012 23:39 GMT
#58
On December 14 2012 08:38 Maloreon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...


His name is "Flash" after all. Heh, heh I'm so funny I should be a stand-up comedian....


badum tsssssss
Shikada
Profile Joined May 2012
Serbia976 Posts
December 13 2012 23:40 GMT
#59
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


While that is true, don't forget that Flash won vs DRG :D
Maloreon
Profile Joined May 2012
United States911 Posts
December 13 2012 23:40 GMT
#60
On December 14 2012 08:40 Shikada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


While that is true, don't forget that Flash won vs DRG :D


But, but Leenock has 1000 APM's so THERE. (joke)
Leenock, Gumiho, Life, Flash, Parting, Scarlett
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
December 13 2012 23:43 GMT
#61
On December 14 2012 08:40 Shikada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


While that is true, don't forget that Flash won vs DRG :D

but lost to baby T_T



oh well flash will destroy everything in 2013
Liquid | SKT
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 13 2012 23:43 GMT
#62
Lol Flash always loses to 1 base immortal all in when most terrans don't lose to it ~_~. Greedy Flash who doesn't really care about scouting in the first 10+ minutes ~
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
December 13 2012 23:43 GMT
#63
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


apm =/= mechanics
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 13 2012 23:43 GMT
#64
Wow, that was a fast game 3. Immortal busts are pretty strong :/
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
December 13 2012 23:43 GMT
#65
Would it even be possible for FLash to hold that? I don't know.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
speknek
Profile Joined February 2012
758 Posts
December 13 2012 23:44 GMT
#66
I don't understand why terrans still try to hold this in the natural, it's not possible, period. Doesn't matter if you make 5 bunkers. Just float back to main and chill. :/
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
December 13 2012 23:44 GMT
#67
It's over. Everybody knows Rain will just get another BO win if needed on game 5 lol.
speknek
Profile Joined February 2012
758 Posts
December 13 2012 23:45 GMT
#68
On December 14 2012 08:43 EtherealDeath wrote:
Lol Flash always loses to 1 base immortal all in when most terrans don't lose to it ~_~. Greedy Flash who doesn't really care about scouting in the first 10+ minutes ~

What? The last 30 times I've seen this and the protoss didn't get supply blocked at ~20, protoss won convincingly.
DamageControL
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States4222 Posts
December 13 2012 23:45 GMT
#69
On December 14 2012 08:43 zyzq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


apm =/= mechanics

Yeah flash is awesome. but DRG at his peak was very impressive mechanically, although that's fallen off.

But not every kespa player is flash level either
Liquid | SKT
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
December 13 2012 23:45 GMT
#70
On December 14 2012 08:43 Havik_ wrote:
Would it even be possible for FLash to hold that? I don't know.


Without siege tanks or marauders ? nope. Yes i know it sounds counter intuitive the siege tanks, but they do help against those odd timing attacks.
ZerglingTwins
Profile Joined October 2012
United States850 Posts
December 13 2012 23:45 GMT
#71
On December 14 2012 08:43 zyzq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


apm =/= mechanics


It does in noob level though.
Searching for my twin ling brother.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 13 2012 23:46 GMT
#72
On December 14 2012 08:43 zyzq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


apm =/= mechanics

That's true. Flash's raw apm isn't even that high compared to that of other KeSPA pros, but his effective apm is one of the highest in the world. He is able to have great macro, great positioning, and decent multitasking with minimal spam.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
December 13 2012 23:46 GMT
#73
On December 14 2012 08:43 zyzq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


apm =/= mechanics


Best example => LGIMMvp

@Topic:
Dont like these Immo/Sentry timings.
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
December 13 2012 23:47 GMT
#74
--- Nuked ---
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 13 2012 23:47 GMT
#75
On December 14 2012 08:45 speknek wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:43 EtherealDeath wrote:
Lol Flash always loses to 1 base immortal all in when most terrans don't lose to it ~_~. Greedy Flash who doesn't really care about scouting in the first 10+ minutes ~

What? The last 30 times I've seen this and the protoss didn't get supply blocked at ~20, protoss won convincingly.

Lol what, did every pro terran turn into a no scouting triple cc blind type of player?
willyallthewei
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States265 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 23:53:38
December 13 2012 23:47 GMT
#76
On December 14 2012 08:43 zyzq wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


apm =/= mechanics


This.

When i say fast, you have to understand there is a huge difference between Raw APM and controlling things without mistakes/constantly being in steady control of multiple fronts.

You can be at 300+ APM just due to selection spamming and click spamming one army around and splitting, thats fast but not impressive.

Pulling one army back and microing that and jumping to micro the other back and forth and building stuff at home, that's much much more impressive even if ur APM count is lower.

As a protoss player i know how hard it is to react to a fast terran on two fronts on Day break and the truth is Rain reacted perfectly he just didn't have enough stuff, and his stalker positioning was not only instantaneous in response, it was also perfectly positioned, he never messed up, unfortunately he didn't have enough stuff in general, and flash just never over extended and despite the blistering pace, he never flew his medivacs too close or too far and his armies always zoned out so well, they are just both so impressive man, so fast and accurate with their control without breaking macro.

Still, we are starting to see that this game when played right is just as impressive as BW.
"never give up, never surrender"
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18752 Posts
December 13 2012 23:48 GMT
#77
Immortal/Sentry needs to be used more often. Nothing I hate more than stupid greedy stuff like triple cc
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
December 13 2012 23:48 GMT
#78
On December 14 2012 08:46 JoeCool wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:43 zyzq wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:38 DamageControL wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:37 willyallthewei wrote:
Jeez man flash is so fast... so freaking fast, I don't know that I've ever seen that level of multitasking in Sc2, the positioning/repositioning of flash and Rain while both not missing a beat in macro was just scary... Kespa players are talented man, they are just so fast...

I'm a kespa fan, but don't forget that DRG is 400+ apm


apm =/= mechanics


Best example => LGIMMvp

@Topic:
Dont like these Immo/Sentry timings.


not really, Mvp's mechanics have fallen off recently, but he still pwn them nerds with sheer intellect
sCFade
Profile Joined September 2010
307 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 23:49:15
December 13 2012 23:49 GMT
#79
On December 14 2012 08:47 EtherealDeath wrote:
lol what, did every pro terran turn into a no scouting triple cc blind type of player?



er, wait, didn't they?

kind of can't scout and have to go blind 3cc
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 23:49:35
December 13 2012 23:49 GMT
#80
On December 14 2012 08:48 sharkie wrote:
Immortal/Sentry needs to be used more often. Nothing I hate more than stupid greedy stuff like triple cc


Basically you want flash to retire.
SuperYo1000
Profile Joined July 2008
United States880 Posts
December 13 2012 23:49 GMT
#81
People saying why couldnt flash hold? lol why do people expect a terran who triple fast expands to hold a 1 base all in. Flash was foolish
willyallthewei
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States265 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-13 23:55:17
December 13 2012 23:51 GMT
#82
Guys stop arguing about IMMO sentry, its not that strong at all, it actually sucks if it wasn't for the fact that the new Kespa Terrans are coached improperly about it. YES YOU CAN HOLD A IMMO SENTRY W/ 3 ORBITAL builds....

Dear Terran players here is a 3 step guide to crushing immortal sentry.

1. Lift everything into your main.
2. mass mule in your main and get marine medivac.
3. retake your expansion being way ahead in economy and tech, and be ready to defend a 2 base Colossus timing.

If you try to hold your natural you WILL DIE.

If you make a million bunkers you WILL DIE.

if you try to make barracks infront of your bunkers and wall in and pull scvs you WILL DIE.

Don't do those stupid things please, thanks.
"never give up, never surrender"
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 13 2012 23:52 GMT
#83
On December 14 2012 08:49 Godwrath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:48 sharkie wrote:
Immortal/Sentry needs to be used more often. Nothing I hate more than stupid greedy stuff like triple cc


Basically you want flash to retire.

You could throw a scan out at 6:20 between the main and the nat, just barely reaching the nat nexus to see the buildtime. I guess that violates the rule of 100% greed though.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
December 13 2012 23:52 GMT
#84
On December 14 2012 08:43 EtherealDeath wrote:
Lol Flash always loses to 1 base immortal all in when most terrans don't lose to it ~_~. Greedy Flash who doesn't really care about scouting in the first 10+ minutes ~


Yeah haha. Most of the games I've seen from Flash he's gone triple CC and delayed his tech a lot. Makes sense if you're as big of a macro player as he is.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
eviltomahawk
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
United States11135 Posts
December 13 2012 23:55 GMT
#85
So they're giving away Flash's keyboard.

They might as well give away the Ark of the Covenant while they're at it.
ㅇㅅㅌㅅ
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
December 13 2012 23:55 GMT
#86
Rain is a man of many builds
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 13 2012 23:57 GMT
#87
inb4 flash fanboys say 4 gate is op

User was warned for this post
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
December 13 2012 23:57 GMT
#88
Flash, your main is the other way...
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
December 13 2012 23:58 GMT
#89
lol^^ mule vs stalker
pak150
Profile Joined September 2010
United States531 Posts
December 13 2012 23:59 GMT
#90
This was not the epic series you were looking for
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
December 14 2012 00:00 GMT
#91
I am quite disappointed in Flash, wtf is he doing floating the orbital AWAY from his main? jesus
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#92
On December 14 2012 08:59 pak150 wrote:
This was not the epic series you were looking for

Flash has the same weakness as he had in BW. Tis only expected SKT would snipe him again.
JoeCool
Profile Joined January 2012
Germany2520 Posts
December 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#93
Well I was pretty hyped for this series but this was just... not what I expected.
Game 2 was pretty sweet though.
Mothra
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
United States1448 Posts
December 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#94
sigh
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18752 Posts
December 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#95
Rain is just superior.

Joy of Bo5s, better player wins.
Shikada
Profile Joined May 2012
Serbia976 Posts
December 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#96
On December 14 2012 08:57 EtherealDeath wrote:
inb4 flash fanboys say 4 gate is op


This isn't twitch chat

Rain afraid to play macro against Flash it seems. Smart.
Extenz
Profile Joined October 2011
Italy822 Posts
December 14 2012 00:01 GMT
#97
On December 14 2012 08:51 willyallthewei wrote:
Guys stop arguing about IMMO sentry, its not that strong at all, it actually sucks if it wasn't for the fact that the new Kespa Terrans are coached improperly about it. YES YOU CAN HOLD A IMMO SENTRY W/ 3 ORBITAL builds....

Dear Terran players here is a 3 step guide to crushing immortal sentry.

1. Lift everything into your main.
2. mass mule in your main and get marine medivac.
3. retake your expansion being way ahead in economy and tech, and be ready to defend a 2 base Colossus timing.

If you try to hold your natural you WILL DIE.

If you make a million bunkers you WILL DIE.

if you try to make barracks infront of your bunkers and wall in and pull scvs you WILL DIE.

Don't do those stupid things please, thanks.


wise words
tozi
Profile Joined October 2008
United States506 Posts
December 14 2012 00:02 GMT
#98
i don't think rain couldve beat flash in a macro game, he had to use 3 hardcore early-pressure builds
nothing
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18752 Posts
December 14 2012 00:03 GMT
#99
On December 14 2012 09:02 tozi wrote:
i don't think rain couldve beat flash in a macro game, he had to use 3 hardcore early-pressure builds


Oh Rain could if he goes 4 nexus build vs Flash's 3 cc build lol.
But why do that if he can do it the easy way. :D
Sated
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
England4983 Posts
December 14 2012 00:03 GMT
#100
--- Nuked ---
zyzq
Profile Joined February 2011
United States3123 Posts
December 14 2012 00:03 GMT
#101
On December 14 2012 09:02 tozi wrote:
i don't think rain couldve beat flash in a macro game, he had to use 3 hardcore early-pressure builds


you're talking about a man that's not afraid to go late game PvZ
EtherealDeath
Profile Blog Joined July 2007
United States8366 Posts
December 14 2012 00:03 GMT
#102
On December 14 2012 09:01 Shikada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 08:57 EtherealDeath wrote:
inb4 flash fanboys say 4 gate is op


This isn't twitch chat

Rain afraid to play macro against Flash it seems. Smart.

Why let someone with excessively greedy openers get away with it, and play for a no pressure late game? Go kill them or do damage kk. Especially when they have a track record of being terrible at defending such plays.
Zenbrez
Profile Joined June 2012
Canada5973 Posts
December 14 2012 00:03 GMT
#103
Flash is as greedy as Mkp. Rain played this series just right.
Refer to my post.
Fjodorov
Profile Joined December 2011
5007 Posts
December 14 2012 00:04 GMT
#104
I was expecting a few macro games because I thought rain was confident in his macro and lategame control.
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
December 14 2012 00:04 GMT
#105
On December 14 2012 09:02 tozi wrote:
i don't think rain couldve beat flash in a macro game, he had to use 3 hardcore early-pressure builds


I wouldn't say that, I think he just knows that FLash likes to go triple CC so often and punished it.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
Shikada
Profile Joined May 2012
Serbia976 Posts
December 14 2012 00:06 GMT
#106
On December 14 2012 09:03 EtherealDeath wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 09:01 Shikada wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:57 EtherealDeath wrote:
inb4 flash fanboys say 4 gate is op


This isn't twitch chat

Rain afraid to play macro against Flash it seems. Smart.

Why let someone with excessively greedy openers get away with it, and play for a no pressure late game? Go kill them or do damage kk. Especially when they have a track record of being terrible at defending such plays.


Yeah, as I said, smart. Rain made the right decisions here. Letting Flash get his insane macro going not so great. Once Flash learns to defend all these all ins while cutting the corners he likes it will get interesting :D
Fjodorov
Profile Joined December 2011
5007 Posts
December 14 2012 00:06 GMT
#107
On December 14 2012 09:03 Zenbrez wrote:
Flash is as greedy as Mkp. Rain played this series just right.


Flash went standard gasless expand in every game except on ohana. Wouldnt call that greedy.
Sumahi
Profile Blog Joined January 2012
Guam5609 Posts
December 14 2012 00:07 GMT
#108
I really wanted Flash to pull through, especially since I was hoping for a Parting v. Flash Grand Final.
Startale <3, ST_July <3, HongUn <3, Savior <3, Gretorp <3, Nada <3, Rainbow <3, Ret <3, Squirtle <3, Bomber <3
Shikada
Profile Joined May 2012
Serbia976 Posts
December 14 2012 00:08 GMT
#109
On December 14 2012 09:07 Sumahi wrote:
I really wanted Flash to pull through, especially since I was hoping for a Parting v. Flash Grand Final.


I can tell you right now how Paring vs Flash would have gone down. Not pretty for Flash
Cele
Profile Blog Joined December 2008
Germany4016 Posts
December 14 2012 00:08 GMT
#110
why do you do a macro game vs an opponent thats falters to certain early game pressure? Its your goal to win, not to play dandy. So well done by.Rain. He exploited Flash weakness.
Broodwar for life!
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
December 14 2012 00:08 GMT
#111
On December 14 2012 09:06 Shikada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 09:03 EtherealDeath wrote:
On December 14 2012 09:01 Shikada wrote:
On December 14 2012 08:57 EtherealDeath wrote:
inb4 flash fanboys say 4 gate is op


This isn't twitch chat

Rain afraid to play macro against Flash it seems. Smart.

Why let someone with excessively greedy openers get away with it, and play for a no pressure late game? Go kill them or do damage kk. Especially when they have a track record of being terrible at defending such plays.


Yeah, as I said, smart. Rain made the right decisions here. Letting Flash get his insane macro going not so great. Once Flash learns to defend all these all ins while cutting the corners he likes it will get interesting :D


Yes. That's when he breaks the game.
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
ref4
Profile Joined March 2012
2933 Posts
December 14 2012 00:08 GMT
#112
On December 14 2012 09:08 Shikada wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 09:07 Sumahi wrote:
I really wanted Flash to pull through, especially since I was hoping for a Parting v. Flash Grand Final.


I can tell you right now how Paring vs Flash would have gone down. Not pretty for Flash


I was expecting it to be over in a flash.
FeyFey
Profile Joined September 2010
Germany10114 Posts
December 14 2012 00:10 GMT
#113
It is annoying to play against people that play so greedy as Flash. Either you play as greedy as them blindly or you kill them early on, otherwise they will have such a huge midgame advantage that you play from behind the whole time.
So yeah a good thing to punish eco cheesers early on, either way the games end up boring unless both go tripple nexus/cc.
Shikada
Profile Joined May 2012
Serbia976 Posts
December 14 2012 00:12 GMT
#114
On December 14 2012 09:10 FeyFey wrote:
It is annoying to play against people that play so greedy as Flash. Either you play as greedy as them blindly or you kill them early on, otherwise they will have such a huge midgame advantage that you play from behind the whole time.
So yeah a good thing to punish eco cheesers early on, either way the games end up boring unless both go tripple nexus/cc.


To be fair, as was already said, Flash didn't play that greedy every game. Last game was completely standard, for example. Certainly not eco cheese as you say.
tozi
Profile Joined October 2008
United States506 Posts
December 14 2012 00:12 GMT
#115
right, Rain punished a greedy opening by flash. But still, personally, I think flash is a better macro player than Rain (though both are good). Its hard for Terrans to scout that kind of early-pressure build. I mean, toss has complete map control in the early game.

Did Flash go triple command last game? I thought he just went 2 commands.
nothing
NguN
Profile Joined August 2009
Australia1322 Posts
December 14 2012 00:31 GMT
#116
To all those that think Rain can't beat Flash in a macro game:

SKT and KT had a pre-test match a week before Proleague started. Rain faced Flash on Cloud Kingdom, in a very standard 3 base game.

Rain CRUSHED Flash's army easily.
Godwrath
Profile Joined August 2012
Spain10165 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 00:41:16
December 14 2012 00:41 GMT
#117
woops
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 14 2012 01:09 GMT
#118
Can someone please PM me if there are VoDs for this anywhere? I wish the threads for these were made like a day in advance instead of a few hours beforehand.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Lysergic
Profile Joined December 2010
United States355 Posts
December 14 2012 01:29 GMT
#119

Rain vs Flash - game 1 VOD
http://tv.majorleaguegaming.com/videos/2034247476001
tomatriedes
Profile Blog Joined January 2007
New Zealand5356 Posts
December 14 2012 07:03 GMT
#120
So if Parting beats Soo, he's going to have to face his nemesis!
Seeker *
Profile Blog Joined April 2005
Where dat snitch at?37117 Posts
December 14 2012 07:08 GMT
#121
Flash is doomed to lose all semi finals for MLG related events T-T
ModeratorPeople ask me, "Seeker, what are you seeking?" My answer? "Sleep, damn it! Always sleep!"
TL+ Member
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 14 2012 07:30 GMT
#122
I don't think I've ever seen a terran hold an immortal sentry bust.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18752 Posts
December 14 2012 08:42 GMT
#123
On December 14 2012 16:30 GolemMadness wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a terran hold an immortal sentry bust.


thats like saying "I have never seen a terran hold a 4gate after 14cc in BW"

They are not supposed to.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 14 2012 08:50 GMT
#124
On December 14 2012 17:42 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 16:30 GolemMadness wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a terran hold an immortal sentry bust.


thats like saying "I have never seen a terran hold a 4gate after 14cc in BW"

They are not supposed to.


No, that's like saying "I've never seen a terran hold a 4 gate in BW."
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
BLinD-RawR
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
ALLEYCAT BLUES51539 Posts
December 14 2012 09:20 GMT
#125
On December 14 2012 17:42 sharkie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 16:30 GolemMadness wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a terran hold an immortal sentry bust.


thats like saying "I have never seen a terran hold a 4gate after 14cc in BW"

They are not supposed to.


I've seen a 14CC beat a 4 pool in BW.
Brood War EICWoo Jung Ho, never forget.| Twitter: @BLinDRawR
Havik_
Profile Joined November 2011
United States5585 Posts
December 14 2012 09:27 GMT
#126
On December 14 2012 18:20 BLinD-RawR wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 17:42 sharkie wrote:
On December 14 2012 16:30 GolemMadness wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a terran hold an immortal sentry bust.


thats like saying "I have never seen a terran hold a 4gate after 14cc in BW"

They are not supposed to.


I've seen a 14CC beat a 4 pool in BW.


If you can find the vod for that game, I'd love to see it!
"An opinion is only as good as the evidence that backs it up."- William O'Malley, S.J.
sinigang
Profile Joined August 2012
360 Posts
December 14 2012 09:59 GMT
#127
What's wrong with you guys, the results for this tourney have been released weeks ago. They're just broadcasting replays.

+ Show Spoiler +
Rain wins. GG.


+ Show Spoiler +
Parting wins the whole tourney.
GolemMadness
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
Canada11044 Posts
December 14 2012 10:12 GMT
#128
I know right? Watching games and avoiding spoilers? That is absolutely absurd.
http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=FLABREZU
Shellshock
Profile Blog Joined March 2011
United States97277 Posts
December 14 2012 17:17 GMT
#129
On December 14 2012 18:27 Havik_ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 18:20 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On December 14 2012 17:42 sharkie wrote:
On December 14 2012 16:30 GolemMadness wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a terran hold an immortal sentry bust.


thats like saying "I have never seen a terran hold a 4gate after 14cc in BW"

They are not supposed to.


I've seen a 14CC beat a 4 pool in BW.


If you can find the vod for that game, I'd love to see it!

As someone who never watched brood war, how much harder would that be than holding a 6pool with CC first?
Moderatorhttp://i.imgur.com/U4xwqmD.png
TL+ Member
zerious
Profile Joined August 2010
Canada3803 Posts
December 14 2012 17:27 GMT
#130
anyone who 4 pool against terran in BW deserves to lose. just stupidity.
Caihead
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada8550 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-12-14 17:29:25
December 14 2012 17:28 GMT
#131
On December 15 2012 02:17 Shellshock1122 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2012 18:27 Havik_ wrote:
On December 14 2012 18:20 BLinD-RawR wrote:
On December 14 2012 17:42 sharkie wrote:
On December 14 2012 16:30 GolemMadness wrote:
I don't think I've ever seen a terran hold an immortal sentry bust.


thats like saying "I have never seen a terran hold a 4gate after 14cc in BW"

They are not supposed to.


I've seen a 14CC beat a 4 pool in BW.


If you can find the vod for that game, I'd love to see it!

As someone who never watched brood war, how much harder would that be than holding a 6pool with CC first?


Erm... it's debatable. 4 pool in BW is a constant stream of lings too, just about 20-25 seconds earlier and you can't really pause for an ovie, it's even more all in. It's dumb because terran can win with just constant scv production since BW SCV's are so beefy while he gets a rax up near the mineral line.
"If you're not living in the US or are a US Citizen, please do not tell us how to vote or how you want our country to be governed." - Serpest, American Hero
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 588
910 488
Hyuk 335
Soma 173
Light 85
Dewaltoss 83
Killer 63
BeSt 57
Yoon 50
Shinee 49
[ Show more ]
Mind 36
NotJumperer 33
sorry 26
Bale 25
EffOrt 24
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
Mong 11
Noble 5
ZerO 4
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe235
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1282
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2263
Khaldor521
Other Games
gofns9414
singsing1194
ceh9640
XBOCT343
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS50
DeMusliM34
Pyrionflax7
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick666
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH195
• LUISG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1260
• Stunt494
Other Games
• WagamamaTV125
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 53m
Stellar Fest
3h 53m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.