• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:59
CEST 10:59
KST 17:59
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8163 users

[WCS KR] LR2 D1 - Page 115

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 Next
Dustin_Butthead
Profile Joined August 2012
36 Posts
August 17 2012 06:17 GMT
#2281
LOL, MC says he will show those KESPA players what his unstoppable Protoss is all about:

[image loading]

Who cares about making a good game. Hey guys, WHAT'S COOOOOOOOOL?!?!?!?!?!
Ubersturmfuhrer
Profile Joined May 2008
Finland206 Posts
August 17 2012 06:52 GMT
#2282
Where the vods to the games are? I tried to look for them everywhere. I really want to see the last bit of the JD vs Genius. I missed it because I had to go to leave work!
You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger
rysecake
Profile Joined October 2010
United States2632 Posts
August 17 2012 07:26 GMT
#2283
On August 17 2012 15:52 Ubersturmfuhrer wrote:
Where the vods to the games are? I tried to look for them everywhere. I really want to see the last bit of the JD vs Genius. I missed it because I had to go to leave work!


I think they're on gomtv's site but unless you have a pass you have to wait a week for them to become free to view.
The Notorious Winkles
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
August 17 2012 07:41 GMT
#2284
Holyshit didn't see these results because of watching IEM

Kespa going 4-0....... this is the new age beginning, right here
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
b0mBerMan
Profile Joined April 2012
Japan289 Posts
August 17 2012 09:06 GMT
#2285
Interesting games. Where can I find the vods for this?
Talack
Profile Joined September 2010
Canada2742 Posts
August 17 2012 09:27 GMT
#2286
On August 17 2012 16:41 Nekovivie wrote:
Holyshit didn't see these results because of watching IEM

Kespa going 4-0....... this is the new age beginning, right here


This same thing was said when forgg beat everyone down in his debutes. He's still good but i'm pretty sure the same regression is going to happen.
Squeegy
Profile Joined October 2009
Finland1166 Posts
August 17 2012 09:37 GMT
#2287
On August 17 2012 18:27 Talack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 16:41 Nekovivie wrote:
Holyshit didn't see these results because of watching IEM

Kespa going 4-0....... this is the new age beginning, right here


This same thing was said when forgg beat everyone down in his debutes. He's still good but i'm pretty sure the same regression is going to happen.


ForGG is easily a code S level terran, so I'm not sure any regression happened. Moreover, the circumstances are very different too. Now the entire proteams are switching with the coaches and support and everything. I do think this is the new beginning, but I am not saying GSL guys will become irrelevant in the next month or two at all.
Stan: Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly. Cartman: Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonnaise.
sluggaslamoo
Profile Blog Joined November 2009
Australia4494 Posts
August 17 2012 10:21 GMT
#2288
On August 17 2012 18:27 Talack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 16:41 Nekovivie wrote:
Holyshit didn't see these results because of watching IEM

Kespa going 4-0....... this is the new age beginning, right here


This same thing was said when forgg beat everyone down in his debutes. He's still good but i'm pretty sure the same regression is going to happen.


Yeah but the exact same thing happened in BW as well. He had a meteoric rise into winning an MSL final, then never quite looked the same. At least these guys know how to be consistently good.
Come play Android Netrunner - http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=409008
Ascention
Profile Joined October 2010
Belgium15 Posts
August 17 2012 12:57 GMT
#2289
On August 17 2012 15:17 Dustin_Butthead wrote:
LOL, MC says he will show those KESPA players what his unstoppable Protoss is all about:

[image loading]



can someone translate this please?
Catatonic
Profile Joined August 2011
United States699 Posts
August 17 2012 13:15 GMT
#2290
On August 17 2012 18:37 Squeegy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 18:27 Talack wrote:
On August 17 2012 16:41 Nekovivie wrote:
Holyshit didn't see these results because of watching IEM

Kespa going 4-0....... this is the new age beginning, right here


This same thing was said when forgg beat everyone down in his debutes. He's still good but i'm pretty sure the same regression is going to happen.


ForGG is easily a code S level terran, so I'm not sure any regression happened. Moreover, the circumstances are very different too. Now the entire proteams are switching with the coaches and support and everything. I do think this is the new beginning, but I am not saying GSL guys will become irrelevant in the next month or two at all.

ForGG is far from Code S he's Code A an honestly thats likely where he'll remain for some time maybe get though up an downs but he'll drop down in the first round or two an thats it. There was a definite regression though no doubt about that so I must agree that the same will likely occur though thats only my opinion I guess.
T: DeMuslim SeleCT. P: Naniwa Genius. Z: IdrA Destiny Team: EG
lessQQmorePEWPEW
Profile Joined November 2011
Jamaica921 Posts
August 17 2012 14:00 GMT
#2291
wow gom players getting rocked. i expected genius to hold down the fort at least. wonder if he is going through emotional issues with his team in the shitters
Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly - Bob Marley
sinigang
Profile Joined August 2012
360 Posts
August 17 2012 14:06 GMT
#2292
On August 17 2012 10:26 Wombat_NI wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 10:18 tedster wrote:
People really don't seem to understand that the largest part of "playing poorly" is "being pressured into making mistakes".

The KESPA players are used to playing a game with many magnitudes more of decisions made per minute and with much tighter, more difficult micro being the norm. Thus, when they impose this playstyle on the opponents, said opponents make an uncharacteristic number of mistakes because they are being challenged so much more and more often.

It's the same reason people played so poorly against Bisu when he hit the BW scene like a freight train. He was simply doing more things at more varied points on the map which made it much easier for less skilled players to make obvious, exploitable mistakes.

It's also why you see foreigners, no matter how they practice tending to be worse than Koreans. They need to practice being pushed in the manner you outlined there.

It's also for this reason that I don't see Kespa players dominating the scene unless they pretty much hide away and only play amongst themselves except for tournaments. If Kespa players play against GOM players on a regular basis, and if they are more mechanically/multitasking focused, the motivated GOM players will become accustomed to this level of play and will improve themselves.


it's also possible that they'd lose repeatedly, get de-motivated, and just die out.
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-08-17 17:52:54
August 17 2012 17:49 GMT
#2293
On August 17 2012 21:57 Ascention wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 15:17 Dustin_Butthead wrote:
LOL, MC says he will show those KESPA players what his unstoppable Protoss is all about:

[image loading]



can someone translate this please?

I think it's in reverse order, so I'll translate bottom-up:

With the rise in skill level of Kespa players and the recent losses from current SC2 pros [he calls them 'alliance' players... what's the deal with that?], the bickering between the two communities has only been exacerbated. Whose fault is this? Is it the fault of the alliance players who lost? Or is it of the Kespa players who have the talent? It's neither; the lady of luck simply smiled towards Kespa this time

I think the sentiments surrounding the situation at hand can be explained using a soccer analogy: to the fans of the alliance players, it must feel like Korean soccer just lost to Japan 10 times in a row, while to the fans of Kespa players, it must feel like we just beat the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Spain or England.

However I request the fans not to crap on the alliance players so much: even though as pros, it is only the results that matter in the end, I do believe all of them would have at least put in minimal effort [to prepare for the matches]... I do admit that even though I'm no longer part of the alliance, I feel upset by how fast our players lost [to Kespa players]

So.. even though I had to give up on this WCS due to my circumstances, in the upcoming OSL I will show the Kespa players a rape [he didn't say rape but the sentiments are similar] they have never experienced yet. There's nothing you can do to stop it, even if you practice, because I'm on a different level from other Toss players.

One more thing, I am in no way undermining the Kespa players; I am merely telling the alliance players to be on edge and try harder. Most Kespa players have a few more years of experience on us in the professional realm, meaning they are a force to be reckoned. To all those who have taken a blow to their dignity [through the recent string of losses], I shall help you regain it.

It would be so embarrassing if I lost after writing all this... ㅠㅠ

So.. who is this guy? I come from a BW background so I have no idea who this is, but he sounds pretty arrogant lol I hope he has the skills to back up his words
Translator
Cokefreak
Profile Joined June 2011
Finland8096 Posts
August 17 2012 17:56 GMT
#2294
On August 18 2012 02:49 rotinegg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 21:57 Ascention wrote:
On August 17 2012 15:17 Dustin_Butthead wrote:
LOL, MC says he will show those KESPA players what his unstoppable Protoss is all about:

[image loading]



can someone translate this please?

I think it's in reverse order, so I'll translate bottom-up:

With the rise in skill level of Kespa players and the recent losses from current SC2 pros [he calls them 'alliance' players... what's the deal with that?], the bickering between the two communities has only been exacerbated. Whose fault is this? Is it the fault of the alliance players who lost? Or is it of the Kespa players who have the talent? It's neither; the lady of luck simply smiled towards Kespa this time

I think the sentiments surrounding the situation at hand can be explained using a soccer analogy: to the fans of the alliance players, it must feel like Korean soccer just lost to Japan 10 times in a row, while to the fans of Kespa players, it must feel like we just beat the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Spain or England.

However I request the fans not to crap on the alliance players so much: even though as pros, it is only the results that matter in the end, I do believe all of them would have at least put in minimal effort [to prepare for the matches]... I do admit that even though I'm no longer part of the alliance, I feel upset by how fast our players lost [to Kespa players]

So.. even though I had to give up on this WCS due to my circumstances, in the upcoming OSL I will show the Kespa players a rape [he didn't say rape but the sentiments are similar] they have never experienced yet. There's nothing you can do to stop it, even if you practice, because I'm on a different level from other Toss players.

One more thing, I am in no way undermining the Kespa players; I am merely telling the alliance players to be on edge and try harder. Most Kespa players have a few more years of experience on us in the professional realm, meaning they are a force to be reckoned. To all those who have taken a blow to their dignity [through the recent string of losses], I shall help you regain it.

It would be so embarrassing if I lost after writing all this... ㅠㅠ

So.. who is this guy? I come from a BW background so I have no idea who this is, but he sounds pretty arrogant lol I hope he has the skills to back up his words

If you come from a BW background you should know who SuicideToss is.
whatevername
Profile Joined June 2012
471 Posts
August 17 2012 18:07 GMT
#2295
Hes iron, the shitty toss from MBC years ago lol. Won a couple gsl's.
sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18759 Posts
August 17 2012 18:11 GMT
#2296
Effort is a beast.
Tipany
Profile Joined November 2010
United States368 Posts
August 17 2012 18:28 GMT
#2297
On August 18 2012 02:49 rotinegg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 21:57 Ascention wrote:
On August 17 2012 15:17 Dustin_Butthead wrote:
LOL, MC says he will show those KESPA players what his unstoppable Protoss is all about:

[image loading]



can someone translate this please?

I think it's in reverse order, so I'll translate bottom-up:

With the rise in skill level of Kespa players and the recent losses from current SC2 pros [he calls them 'alliance' players... what's the deal with that?], the bickering between the two communities has only been exacerbated. Whose fault is this? Is it the fault of the alliance players who lost? Or is it of the Kespa players who have the talent? It's neither; the lady of luck simply smiled towards Kespa this time

I think the sentiments surrounding the situation at hand can be explained using a soccer analogy: to the fans of the alliance players, it must feel like Korean soccer just lost to Japan 10 times in a row, while to the fans of Kespa players, it must feel like we just beat the likes of Argentina, Brazil, Spain or England.

However I request the fans not to crap on the alliance players so much: even though as pros, it is only the results that matter in the end, I do believe all of them would have at least put in minimal effort [to prepare for the matches]... I do admit that even though I'm no longer part of the alliance, I feel upset by how fast our players lost [to Kespa players]

So.. even though I had to give up on this WCS due to my circumstances, in the upcoming OSL I will show the Kespa players a rape [he didn't say rape but the sentiments are similar] they have never experienced yet. There's nothing you can do to stop it, even if you practice, because I'm on a different level from other Toss players.

One more thing, I am in no way undermining the Kespa players; I am merely telling the alliance players to be on edge and try harder. Most Kespa players have a few more years of experience on us in the professional realm, meaning they are a force to be reckoned. To all those who have taken a blow to their dignity [through the recent string of losses], I shall help you regain it.

It would be so embarrassing if I lost after writing all this... ㅠㅠ

So.. who is this guy? I come from a BW background so I have no idea who this is, but he sounds pretty arrogant lol I hope he has the skills to back up his words

MC is such a joke. I don't see why saying any of this was necessary in the slightest.
wat.
raga4ka
Profile Joined February 2008
Bulgaria5679 Posts
August 17 2012 18:30 GMT
#2298
On August 17 2012 18:27 Talack wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 16:41 Nekovivie wrote:
Holyshit didn't see these results because of watching IEM

Kespa going 4-0....... this is the new age beginning, right here


This same thing was said when forgg beat everyone down in his debutes. He's still good but i'm pretty sure the same regression is going to happen.


Oh please ForGG retired in BW , because he wasn't doing great in it . He was good at his prime , but when he retired he was pretty bad . He also played on his own without a team for a year .

You can't beat the Kespa system when it comes to practise efficiency . The only regression will see is SC2 becoming the new BW .
rotinegg
Profile Blog Joined April 2009
United States1719 Posts
August 17 2012 18:32 GMT
#2299
are you fucking kidding me? iron??? -_-
Translator
Condor Hero
Profile Blog Joined August 2009
United States2931 Posts
August 17 2012 18:33 GMT
#2300
On August 17 2012 07:33 ]343[ wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 17 2012 04:52 rauk wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:46 Hallucination wrote:
On August 17 2012 04:16 Aunvilgod wrote:
On August 16 2012 19:51 BlazeFury01 wrote:
On August 16 2012 19:48 ChoiSulli wrote:

Umm thats not the reason we knew they would do well. When SC2 came out all those that couldnt cut it in BW switched over and one A-team called MVP. Those that switched over have been able to dominate the scene. So obviously skill sets transferred over for the most part. So once the switch was announced just based on who was on top in SC2, made it pretty clear that the best BW players will eventually be on top in SC2. The only question is how long, how much practice it is going to take until they figure out the game because once they do their superior multitasking and the speed at which they think their way through games will carry them to the top, just like in BW.


MVP was really a B team player but was considered A team because his team had such crappy terran players.


OSL Ro. 8? Ro. 4?


MVP was on the Woojin team which was made fun of for their weak terran line. Regardless of his OSL performance, his point still stands.


woongjin has light now, just pretend honsin doesn't exist D:


Woongjin's broken their Terran curse with Light (from MBC) and formerly Really (from eSTRO). Home-grown Stars Terrans haven't been very good though... (and no, hon_sin isn't that good T_T)

Before Light/Really, Stars had Piano and MVP, who comprised probably the weakest Terran lineup on any non-ACE pro team (except maybe STX, who had ... Hwasin and a bunch of rookies at the time. I'm pretty sure even Upmagic/Really on eSTRO was stronger...)

MVP was possibly the 9th or 10th best Terran at his peak.

lol Really had a ton of hype, especially when he beat Flash but come on he wasn't on the same level as Light.
Light was a TvZ savant and has been for years.
Prev 1 113 114 115 116 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 2m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1227
Hyuk 487
Bisu 123
Dewaltoss 74
Leta 73
Larva 63
Killer 56
soO 41
Yoon 39
Aegong 29
[ Show more ]
EffOrt 27
ToSsGirL 27
Sharp 25
Bale 24
Soma 20
ZerO 20
Hm[arnc] 17
Sacsri 11
Dota 2
Fuzer 132
League of Legends
JimRising 443
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss888
byalli610
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor906
crisheroes145
Other Games
summit1g10110
singsing1306
olofmeister1024
ceh9613
Mew2King92
ArmadaUGS39
ZerO(Twitch)7
gofns2
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream134
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2377
League of Legends
• Rush1234
• Stunt434
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 2m
OSC
13h 2m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.