• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 23:05
CEST 05:05
KST 12:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7378 users

[Code S] Semi-Finals GSL 2012 Season 3 - Page 8

Forum Index > StarCraft 2 Tournaments
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 186 Next
KiNGxXx
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
7928 Posts
July 17 2012 14:40 GMT
#141
On July 17 2012 21:56 jkang wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 18:08 KiNGxXx wrote:
[image loading]

Where is this from?

From today's GSL News Network (GNN).
MKP|Maru|TaeJa|Mvp|Polt|INnoVation|GuMiho|Bomber|GoOdy|TeamTerran
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 17 2012 14:42 GMT
#142
On July 17 2012 23:40 Wingblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 22:18 bittman wrote:
On July 17 2012 22:16 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I can't emphasize enough how much we need a PvP finals. Justice must be done.


Can we wait until PvP is a better MU? I mean, I know it's grown but every time I think PvP finals I shudder at Tassadar v Puzzle Code A finals. So many 4 gates.

Yes it's come a long way since then, but still...*shudders*...


It's not the "excitement" of PvP, it's all about the fact that there have been TvT finals since the dawn of time, and the balancing act needs to be done. Which I like. Plus seed and MC will win anyways.

if there is a pvp finals, i would like to not see collosi wars. imo collosi wars and roach-infestor wars are really annoying to watch =="
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
July 17 2012 14:42 GMT
#143
On July 17 2012 23:38 Nekovivie wrote:
Think MC will get rolled over :\

Got beaten pretty convincingly by Stephano, and I would consider DRG in form to be better than Stephano.

Ah well... The other game could go either way I think. Would be nice to have Prime in the final so I'll root for ByuN.


Ah yes:

Y > Z
X > Y

Therefore X > Z

Unfortunately that only works to an extent in Starcraft. I think MC has a better chance against DRG than he does against Stephano, especially because he is pretty clutch when there is this much prestige on the line. MLG and HSC were a sideshow compared to this.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 17 2012 14:44 GMT
#144
On July 17 2012 23:38 Nekovivie wrote:
Think MC will get rolled over :\

Got beaten pretty convincingly by Stephano, and I would consider DRG in form to be better than Stephano.

Ah well... The other game could go either way I think. Would be nice to have Prime in the final so I'll root for ByuN.

by that logic,
stephano > hero
hero > drg

stephano > drg

haha.

i know what you mean though, hope travel doesn't catch up with MC
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Wingblade
Profile Joined April 2012
United States1806 Posts
July 17 2012 14:45 GMT
#145
On July 17 2012 23:38 Nekovivie wrote:
Think MC will get rolled over :\

Got beaten pretty convincingly by Stephano, and I would consider DRG in form to be better than Stephano.

Ah well... The other game could go either way I think. Would be nice to have Prime in the final so I'll root for ByuN.


Stephano's PvZ is on par with if not better than DRG's. DRG has always been a ZvT specialist anyways. MC's disadvantage will be prep time but he should know DRG well enough already that he won't need a full week of prep. We doubted MC in the group of Death in the ro16 and he proved us wrong. Don't doubt the Boss Toss. MC 3-2.
PartinG fanboy to the max, Rain/Squirtle/Dear/Scarlett/Bbyong are cool too. I don't always watch Dota2 but when I do I have no clue what's going on. GOGO POWER RANGERS
Nekovivie
Profile Joined October 2011
United Kingdom2599 Posts
July 17 2012 14:48 GMT
#146
On July 17 2012 23:45 Wingblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:38 Nekovivie wrote:
Think MC will get rolled over :\

Got beaten pretty convincingly by Stephano, and I would consider DRG in form to be better than Stephano.

Ah well... The other game could go either way I think. Would be nice to have Prime in the final so I'll root for ByuN.


Stephano's PvZ is on par with if not better than DRG's. DRG has always been a ZvT specialist anyways. MC's disadvantage will be prep time but he should know DRG well enough already that he won't need a full week of prep. We doubted MC in the group of Death in the ro16 and he proved us wrong. Don't doubt the Boss Toss. MC 3-2.


If doubting him is what makes him prove people wrong, then I shall doubt him.

^-^
If you are not supporting K-Pop you are hurting E-Sports.
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
July 17 2012 14:54 GMT
#147
mc just arrived back in korea, has about 43 hours to prepare for his match and overcome jet lag =/
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
July 17 2012 15:06 GMT
#148
byun please dont lose or choke... seed is a major dark horse and might take out byun but pls pls pls dont make my life miserable lol
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
X3GoldDot
Profile Joined August 2011
Malaysia3840 Posts
July 17 2012 15:08 GMT
#149
On July 17 2012 23:45 Wingblade wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:38 Nekovivie wrote:
Think MC will get rolled over :\

Got beaten pretty convincingly by Stephano, and I would consider DRG in form to be better than Stephano.

Ah well... The other game could go either way I think. Would be nice to have Prime in the final so I'll root for ByuN.


Stephano's PvZ is on par with if not better than DRG's. DRG has always been a ZvT specialist anyways. MC's disadvantage will be prep time but he should know DRG well enough already that he won't need a full week of prep. We doubted MC in the group of Death in the ro16 and he proved us wrong. Don't doubt the Boss Toss. MC 3-2.


DRG was never a ZvT specialist, infact it was his worst MU for quite awhile, however back then, his ZvT was the best in the world, thus leading to everyone talking mainly about his ZvT only. DRG's ZvP is ridiculously good.
prime/startale/[SexComaZerg, RoyalRoaderZerg, SirLifealot] ingame ID = GoodGame
SeaSwift
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
Scotland4486 Posts
July 17 2012 15:09 GMT
#150
On July 17 2012 23:54 opterown wrote:
mc just arrived back in korea, has about 43 hours to prepare for his match and overcome jet lag =/


Well fuck.
InoyouS2
Profile Joined December 2011
1005 Posts
July 17 2012 15:10 GMT
#151
DRG will win, because he is the only one smiling in his pic, same as Mvp last season.
IMMvp|fOrGG|IMNesTea|oGsMC|Liquid`Hero|DongRaeGu|Slayers_MMA|Liquid`TLO|MarineKingPrime|IMSeed
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
July 17 2012 15:18 GMT
#152
On July 17 2012 23:42 opterown wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:40 Wingblade wrote:
On July 17 2012 22:18 bittman wrote:
On July 17 2012 22:16 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I can't emphasize enough how much we need a PvP finals. Justice must be done.


Can we wait until PvP is a better MU? I mean, I know it's grown but every time I think PvP finals I shudder at Tassadar v Puzzle Code A finals. So many 4 gates.

Yes it's come a long way since then, but still...*shudders*...


It's not the "excitement" of PvP, it's all about the fact that there have been TvT finals since the dawn of time, and the balancing act needs to be done. Which I like. Plus seed and MC will win anyways.

if there is a pvp finals, i would like to not see collosi wars. imo collosi wars and roach-infestor wars are really annoying to watch =="


I agree, but I've grown from hating the entire matchup to loving the tense micro battles with few units and just raw unit control. Those are fun imo.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
opterown *
Profile Blog Joined August 2011
Australia54784 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 15:34:03
July 17 2012 15:33 GMT
#153
On July 18 2012 00:18 DarkLordOlli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 17 2012 23:42 opterown wrote:
On July 17 2012 23:40 Wingblade wrote:
On July 17 2012 22:18 bittman wrote:
On July 17 2012 22:16 DarkLordOlli wrote:
I can't emphasize enough how much we need a PvP finals. Justice must be done.


Can we wait until PvP is a better MU? I mean, I know it's grown but every time I think PvP finals I shudder at Tassadar v Puzzle Code A finals. So many 4 gates.

Yes it's come a long way since then, but still...*shudders*...


It's not the "excitement" of PvP, it's all about the fact that there have been TvT finals since the dawn of time, and the balancing act needs to be done. Which I like. Plus seed and MC will win anyways.

if there is a pvp finals, i would like to not see collosi wars. imo collosi wars and roach-infestor wars are really annoying to watch =="


I agree, but I've grown from hating the entire matchup to loving the tense micro battles with few units and just raw unit control. Those are fun imo.

yeah, i think one base early pvp plays and baneling wars can be fun to watch, just not collosi and roach/infestor haha. just something about the roach's large model size and the fungal animation on them is horrid =="
ModeratorRetired LR Bonjwa
TL+ Member
Stormiii
Profile Joined May 2012
Finland239 Posts
July 17 2012 15:35 GMT
#154
Seed, so who you are to these people!
Zea!
Profile Joined November 2006
9589 Posts
July 17 2012 15:42 GMT
#155
can't wait
The Real Power~
Coolness53
Profile Joined April 2010
United States668 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 15:51:35
July 17 2012 15:48 GMT
#156
MC ZvP lately....

Nerchio beats him in HomeStory cup 3-1
Stephano NASL beats him in 4-2
DRG beats him in MLG Spring Championship 2-0
Monster beats him in the MLG Spring Championship 2-0


We can debate who has a better ZvP Stephano or DRG. But is Nerchio's ZvP better then DRG....Overall MC has been having troubles with ZvP..MC even went on to say Zerg is so imba...He doesn't like the match up lately. I still think it will be close. I just think DRG staying home lately and training for MC is going to show in the end.
Fruitdealer, DongRaeGu, and Soulkey
Dreamer.T
Profile Joined December 2009
United States3584 Posts
July 17 2012 16:08 GMT
#157
Hoping for Byun to make it. The last remaining terran must reach the finals! As for the MC DRG series, hoping for DRG to make it so that we get a tvz finals.
Forever the best, IMMvp <3
Aeroplaneoverthesea
Profile Joined April 2012
United Kingdom1977 Posts
July 17 2012 16:30 GMT
#158
On July 18 2012 00:48 Coolness53 wrote:
MC ZvP lately....

Nerchio beats him in HomeStory cup 3-1
Stephano NASL beats him in 4-2
DRG beats him in MLG Spring Championship 2-0
Monster beats him in the MLG Spring Championship 2-0


We can debate who has a better ZvP Stephano or DRG. But is Nerchio's ZvP better then DRG....Overall MC has been having troubles with ZvP..MC even went on to say Zerg is so imba...He doesn't like the match up lately. I still think it will be close. I just think DRG staying home lately and training for MC is going to show in the end.


Is anyone actually good vs Zerg anymore?
Olli
Profile Blog Joined February 2012
Austria24422 Posts
Last Edited: 2012-07-17 16:34:54
July 17 2012 16:34 GMT
#159
On July 18 2012 01:30 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 00:48 Coolness53 wrote:
MC ZvP lately....

Nerchio beats him in HomeStory cup 3-1
Stephano NASL beats him in 4-2
DRG beats him in MLG Spring Championship 2-0
Monster beats him in the MLG Spring Championship 2-0


We can debate who has a better ZvP Stephano or DRG. But is Nerchio's ZvP better then DRG....Overall MC has been having troubles with ZvP..MC even went on to say Zerg is so imba...He doesn't like the match up lately. I still think it will be close. I just think DRG staying home lately and training for MC is going to show in the end.


Is anyone actually good vs Zerg anymore?


LOL I thought the same thing but I didn't want this thread to become a balance whining fest...
All I can say is that people who used to be considered gods vZ are now losing to people they'd never have lost to before.
Administrator"Declaring anything a disaster because aLive popped up out of nowhere is just downright silly."
mierin
Profile Joined August 2010
United States4943 Posts
July 17 2012 17:05 GMT
#160
On July 18 2012 01:30 Aeroplaneoverthesea wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 18 2012 00:48 Coolness53 wrote:
MC ZvP lately....

Nerchio beats him in HomeStory cup 3-1
Stephano NASL beats him in 4-2
DRG beats him in MLG Spring Championship 2-0
Monster beats him in the MLG Spring Championship 2-0


We can debate who has a better ZvP Stephano or DRG. But is Nerchio's ZvP better then DRG....Overall MC has been having troubles with ZvP..MC even went on to say Zerg is so imba...He doesn't like the match up lately. I still think it will be close. I just think DRG staying home lately and training for MC is going to show in the end.


Is anyone actually good vs Zerg anymore?


Haha, I kind of miss the old days of being a Zerg fanboy. Back then it was us against the world, but now that it's evened out / turned slightly in our favor things just seem less exciting.
JD, Stork, Calm, Hyuk Fighting!
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 186 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
00:00
OSC Elite Rising Star #21
CranKy Ducklings88
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 186
ProTech133
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2333
Shuttle 1586
Artosis 601
Bale 67
NaDa 31
Dewaltoss 19
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm148
League of Legends
JimRising 629
Counter-Strike
taco 365
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox611
Mew2King89
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor912
Other Games
summit1g8712
C9.Mang0325
PiGStarcraft293
ViBE60
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV226
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream92
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP145
• Hupsaiya 118
• davetesta19
• Letter144
• Response 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Lourlo460
Other Games
• Scarra841
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
9h 55m
OSC
18h 55m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 6h
Online Event
1d 7h
FEL
1d 12h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 13h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 15h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.